Male HQ

I got Body odour & Body odor discussion (compiled)

Guest P

Shld take shower after u wake up or before u go out. Sweat itself doesnt make u smelly, it is the bateria tht stay too long on ur body.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
Guest Noracist

I dunno how to address this issue in the most polite way possible or maybe there's non?

But why do ____ smell? Is it because the amount of onions and spices they consumed? I mean, white guys are pretty hairy too but the scent is not that kinda strong.

I find attractive ppl in all races and I'm all about all kinds of equalities so I'm the last person you'll call racist.

Enlighten me.

I do smell other things on people possibly from food people of the different race you possibly highlighting. Again, it is nothing to do with racism. People eat different things. Sometimes the amount of food they eat make them smell such. Regardless of one race. So, it is all about the food and quantity and frequency. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Guest Genuinely not racist

To 'Noracist',

guess you're right, chinese are pretty smelly. Surprised you say they're hairy though. Stop trying to pretend not to be racist.

Actually I always wonder, do the other races find us Chinese smelly too?

As for Deo, I think it will not work if the smell is from the WHOLE body and not only the armpits.

I am surprised to learn that most guys do not use Deo. In this humid and warm country, how to smell nice without Deo?

Guest Guest

Not just the food that you consumed but the quality or freshness of the food count too, especially meat.  Another reason why some people smell are the use of certain kind of oil or lotion on the skin or hair, which, when mixed with perspiration, emits a very unpleasant odour.  The most effective solution is to add a small amount of Dettol in your bathe.  That will kill the smell and germs that reside on the skin.

The Keywords:

1)DRESS WELL/RIGHT (wear more porous material in this Asian Hot humid weather... Dress to the right environment. If your body heat is trapped in too thick layered of clothes it cause odour too. )

2)EAT RIGHT (yes, as some had commented here, we are what we eat...too much "Heat" generated food like onions, garlics, cheese also is a cause of B.O. Think drink plenty of water also helps to purity the body. )

3)WASH REGULARLY ( Personal hygiene is quite essential)

4)GROOMING (In this hot humid weather, probably Grooming efforts does helps. I had adviced my friend to do some trimming over his armpits and use more deodorants whenever neccessary and its helps. I guess doing Brazilian Waxing over affected hairy area also helps as well...but of course must wash over the areas thoroughly after waxing lah )

Wow. Some people can't use their brain well to portray their racism loud and clear. Have they forgotten all came out from bloody smelly vaginas and whichever death methods eventually happen, will be eventually smelly, too?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Local ones don't have this smell coz I have a few colleagues who are same race as they also consume food that we eat ie chinese , Malay , Indian, western food etc .... But from that side of sub continent yes because they eat a lot spices, everything must have spices ... Local ones also tell me that they can sense the smell too from the people there ... Anyway, it is not sth hygienic la, but the food they are eating ... Whenever I sense that in train or bus, I just walk away quietly la , we just hv to be polite ...

Some people do have a sensitive nose or fetishism towards smell. Remember the creepy guy in a Thai movie title 'Teacher and Student'?

Sometimes I can't smell anyhing but my ex-bf can smell something from a distance. His nose is very sensitive and always get off from public transportation if he smells something 'funny'. I think TS got this issue too.

Edited by Muscleanstr8btm

Don't eat too much of something. Too much curry, you will smell like one. Too much kimchi, you got it too. Too much potato, you fart a lot.

Hygiene is important too.

Wow! I did not know that about potatoes, I would suspect beans or lentils instead! :lol:

And you can try not to fart in public... :whistle:

Hygiene & Diet.

In climate like Singapore, daily bathing is essential. Deodorant spray or roll-on do help to keep body odour down.

Besides fruits and vegetables, reduction intake of red meat esp beef does help in reducing strong body odour.

Anybody knows why the excessive consumption of beef would cause body odour?

Guest Bodily scent

I used alcohol swab everyday after morning shower and didn't use deo. Now my armpits don't have any smells. I save money by not using deo.

Any specific brand of alcohol swab to recommend?

Guest Guest

Anybody knows why the excessive consumption of beef would cause body odour?

Some people said that just before the animals are slaughtered, there is a toxin released into its blood triggered by the fear of impending death that somehow the animals are aware of.  Body odour aside, excessive consumption of red meat is linked to some chronic diseases and colon cancer.

Perspirex is easy to use.  Another brand is Dricolor.  They cost about $25 each but it lasts a couple months.  I use Perspirex.

First week, use nightly before sleep.  Use on dry pits...can get irritation if applied to wet or moist pits.  Shower in morning.

After the first week, apply only every 2-3 days.  I have gone 4 days without reapplying and it works fine! Do activities normally.

Perspirex has a sale from time to time at $19 instead of the usual $25.  I just do a quick check at Guardian every week.  When it drops to $19, I pretty much stock up...I will buy 3-4 at once.

Actually poor hygiene is'nt the only cause to body odor or bad breath. There are other causes like stress level, poor diet, illnesses, particular food that we ate, atkins diet (hight protein, low carb diet).

So you should solve the problem internally as well. Watch your diet, don't be too stressed about your own body odor because it makes the situation worse. One effective way to reduce body odor and bad breath is taking these pills called "Chlorophill", it's natural and is actually the green pigments in plants. Studies have shown it can significantly eliminate bad breath and body odor by detoxifying our digestive system. If you are not comfortable in taking supplement, celery juice is the way to go. There is a lot of chlorophyll in this powerful juice too. ;)

Edited by Kenneth91

• 9 months later...
15 minutes ago, Guest said:

Need help please. Even if i put perfume, my partner said I still stink.

you might need to try identifying the location of your stench first. Maybe it's not your body but your breath or your clothes?

3 hours ago, Guest said:

you might need to try identifying the location of your stench first. Maybe it's not your body but your breath or your clothes?

Hi, it's me again. Thanks for the reply. 

Not from clothes cause he said that when we were naked. I'm still dealing with bad breathe. But i think the body order is also a problem. I'm Indian by the way. I don't mind changing diet if that could remove the BO. I know how people reacts to our smell.

12 hours ago, Guest said:

Hi, it's me again. Thanks for the reply. 

Not from clothes cause he said that when we were naked. I'm still dealing with bad breathe. But i think the body order is also a problem. I'm Indian by the way. I don't mind changing diet if that could remove the BO. I know how people reacts to our smell.

For bad breath : Always drink lots of water throughout the day, to detox your body. Add lemon slices to your water helps a lot too. Improves your complexion as well as makes you pee a healthy amount daily. Brush your teeth after every meal. Yes, you have to religiously do this. Cut down on caffeinated drinks and have fruits as a substitute as some of them tend to make your breath smell better. 

For BO : Definitely try to modify your diet. If the BO is serious, try going to the skin centre for the prescribed deodorants. Meanwhile, you can try crystal deodarants from Sasa (less than $10). Use a body scrub once or twice a week to exfoliate your skin. (Either by using gloves from Body Shop or a Charcoal Scrub from Origins). Dry your body throughly after every shower and sun dry your towel regularly. Towels are home to a lot of bacteria. Antibacterial facial soap (Skin Centre) can also be used for your underarms and groin area. 

Lastly, don't feel too demoralised. At least you're aware that you have a problem. Now, just work towards fixing it. :)

Well instead of masking your odor, try to reduce it by(like what the others have said) changing your diet. For me, I realise my body odor intensifies the days I continuously start eating a lot of junk foods and indian, malay and thai foods with a lot of ingredients in it. So my advise will be to eat less of the food that oilly and has many ingredients in it, specially high concentrated ingredients like turmeric, chilli paste, coconut milk etc. Maybe learn to cook at home so that you can tone down the ingredients on your favourite dishes. This way you don't have to stop eating specific kind of foods:) And of course, eat more steamed meat and veges/fruits. Again this is from my personal experience. Not so sure about the effect of eating sweetened food have on out body odor though. 

You might also want to brush up on your hygiene habits and reduce your stress level. 

If it still doesn't help, then I suggest you visit the doctor as there might be an underlying condition(less likely tho, but good to get a check up).

tumblr_nx055gZZHw1uc1wv4o1_400.gif

• G_M changed the title to I got Body odour & Body odor discussion (compiled)
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.