Male HQ

Discussion on Bad Breath (compiled)

Guest Guest

I always floss and brush thoroughly before meeting up with anybody at all if the meet up is arranged. ^_^  ^_^

Food just always get stuck in between my braces. ^_^  ^_^

To me, bad breath is one thing on the top of my list that I can't tolerate. But there was once, at Play, a dude was talking to me close to my face, I think he had some sweet alcohol, the scent was actually not bad. Lol. But only that once.

Guest LONEly NIGht

A colleague thought me on hand usage of computer right after he smoke , he was so near to me that almost wanted to kiss him, and I have to keep reminding: 白兔不吃窝边草

Guest Guest

I don't mind smoker's breath, though I don't smoke , but I like to get near people who smoke, and smell it, that's so manly !

I guess you like the haze? makes you feel horny?

• 2 years later...

tonsiliths are a pretty common cause of bad breath - they are the little yellow deposits that sit in the crypts of your tonsils

they can be visible when you open your mouth in the mirror, and can be easily removed with the help of a doctor who is able to syringe it out

other measures generally include good oral hygiene, like those mentioned here, and plenty of water

tonsiliths are horrible sometimes I coughed them out and they smelt like death. they usually appear when I have sore throat or cough.

Always remember to floss your teeth and clean your tongue, brushing your teeth will not help with bad breath

Guest Depressed
2 hours ago, Guest said:

tonsiliths are a pretty common cause of bad breath - they are the little yellow deposits that sit in the crypts of your tonsils

they can be visible when you open your mouth in the mirror, and can be easily removed with the help of a doctor who is able to syringe it out

other measures generally include good oral hygiene, like those mentioned here, and plenty of water

Anyone knows which doctor or dentist know how to remove tonsiliths? Went to a few doctors and dentists. They never hear of tonsiliths before, so cannot help to remove them. They cause really bad breath. Have tried many ways, but cannot get rid of the bad smell. Feel really bad. If someone has experience, can let me know what to do?

Guest Depressed
2 hours ago, Guest said:

First you need to see a dentist for a proper dental check and cleaning plus scaling.  then fixed all dental problem.

You Can try oil pulling. It's a very good oral detox/cleaning/healing which is safe to do.

http://wellnessmama.com/7866/oil-pulling-for-oral-health/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_pulling

Tried oil pulling before, didn't help with the tonsiliths. The dentists i see say i have good oral health, no issues. They just ask me to drink more water. I tried that and many other methods. None worked.

Have been avoiding people to avoid having to talk.

23 minutes ago, Guest Depressed said:

Anyone knows which doctor or dentist know how to remove tonsiliths? Went to a few doctors and dentists. They never hear of tonsiliths before, so cannot help to remove them. They cause really bad breath. Have tried many ways, but cannot get rid of the bad smell. Feel really bad. If someone has experience, can let me know what to do?

I've been to several doctors as this has been plaguing most of my life since young and they have absolutely no clue what tonsil stones are. Some are lodged so deep you can smell them when you cough or sneeze. Anyway, first time I got a response was when I visited an ENT for another matter, she commented on the many crevices I have and the tonsil stones lodged within and I was so glad someone finally knows what was vexing me all those time. Basically have to manage trying to prevent and minimise occurrence, more extreme measures are to remove the tonsils or do a resurfacing, but the ENT don't recommended either.

You may wanna try to,

1. Brush and gargle with warm salt water after every meal.

2. Avoid foods that aggravates the formation, for me its dairy products, so I avoid as much as possible. Also cut down on sugar/sodas as much as possible which feeds certain bacteria. Drinking more plain water is good.

3. Get a long dropper with a long tapered tip, sometimes it can help to suck out some stones.

4. If you can manage your gag reflex, gently push at the surrounding flesh around the tonsil towards the crevices at the same time press against the tonsils with the back of the tongue - many a times for me, this pops the stone lodged deep within that are not even visible then I'll quickly flush it out.

Guest Depressed
21 hours ago, Guest said:

I've been to several doctors as this has been plaguing most of my life since young and they have absolutely no clue what tonsil stones are. Some are lodged so deep you can smell them when you cough or sneeze. Anyway, first time I got a response was when I visited an ENT for another matter, she commented on the many crevices I have and the tonsil stones lodged within and I was so glad someone finally knows what was vexing me all those time. Basically have to manage trying to prevent and minimise occurrence, more extreme measures are to remove the tonsils or do a resurfacing, but the ENT don't recommended either.

You may wanna try to,

1. Brush and gargle with warm salt water after every meal.

2. Avoid foods that aggravates the formation, for me its dairy products, so I avoid as much as possible. Also cut down on sugar/sodas as much as possible which feeds certain bacteria. Drinking more plain water is good.

3. Get a long dropper with a long tapered tip, sometimes it can help to suck out some stones.

4. If you can manage your gag reflex, gently push at the surrounding flesh around the tonsil towards the crevices at the same time press against the tonsils with the back of the tongue - many a times for me, this pops the stone lodged deep within that are not even visible then I'll quickly flush it out.

Hi! Thanks for your suggestions. I've recently been trying to gargle with salt water and apple cider vinegar. Mind if i ask after you've done the above, you managed to get rid of the tonsil stones?

Spent quite a sum of money on different methods and been reading a lot online, but so far still have tonsil stones that are not visible, but can be smelled sometimes. 

This has affected my self image over the years. Dare not talk much to people and feel really bad people have to cover their nose when talking to me. Many probably think i don't brush my teeth and floss, which is far from the truth... I do way more than that, but cannot understand why i'm plagued by the problem.

26 minutes ago, Guest Depressed said:

Hi! Thanks for your suggestions. I've recently been trying to gargle with salt water and apple cider vinegar. Mind if i ask after you've done the above, you managed to get rid of the tonsil stones?

This has affected my self image over the years. Dare not talk much to people and feel really bad people have to cover their nose when talking to me. Many probably think i don't brush my teeth and floss, which is far from the truth... I do way more than that, but cannot understand why i'm plagued by the problem.

It does help but it'll keep recurring, so you'll have to develop the habits to minimise. If its really that bad for you, consider consulting an ENT.

1 hour ago, Guest Depressed said:

Spent quite a sum of money on different methods and been reading a lot online, but so far still have tonsil stones that are not visible, but can be smelled sometimes. 

Be a bit careful with apple cider vinegar. I read somewhere that the acid may be strong enough the erode the calcium of your teeth away.

ALternatively you can consider warm lemon juice for your halitosis .Everyday of course. You need a straw with that to prevent enamel erosion.  You can also try oil pulling. I find coconut oil works best. Cold pressed.

Hi, i think it could be over production of gastric juices that causes this reaction. Some antibiotics can be taken if doctor prescribes it. Omeprazole, clarithromycin and amoxicilin. have tried it personally.

i had a bout of bad breath too, so i know how you feel! sometimes even with proper hygiene (or so we think we are doing it properly), it doesn't seem enough. sometimes you have to do more... drink more plain water + brush teeth + brush tongue + exercise. sometimes, this bad breath is also coming from anywhere from the throat all the way to your stomach, so eat lots of healthy food to detox and also exercise. exercise = good happy hormones released and a happy positive mind helps you to get through tough times XD

bad breath from your oral hygiene or ur bowel system is not functioning well . if is oral u may want to try use raw/organic oil pulling twice a day.  Either u can get the one bottle of raw/organic coconut oil or there is convenient pack from holland and barrett store, they comes in individual pack for each use (coconut oil with mint) 

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/cocowhite-coconut-oil-60002536

Edited by biLanjiao

Hello! Thought this may help.

You have to do this twice a day, minimally.

- Brush your teeth PROPERLY - that is, inside and outside. Not just the outside.
- If you have difficult plague, get a medium-bristle toothbrush.
- Get alcohol free mouthwash (prevent burns), gargle for at least a minute.
- Remember to clean your tongue using a tongue scraper etc.

Drink plenty of water, if your urine is clear or a very light yellow then you are doing it right.

On 6 February 2016 at 2:08 AM, asian_sg said:

Hello! Thought this may help.

You have to do this twice a day, minimally.

- Brush your teeth PROPERLY - that is, inside and outside. Not just the outside.
- If you have difficult plague, get a medium-bristle toothbrush.
- Get alcohol free mouthwash (prevent burns), gargle for at least a minute.
- Remember to clean your tongue using a tongue scraper etc.

Drink plenty of water, if your urine is clear or a very light yellow then you are doing it right.

For alcohol free mouthwash, i swear by TheraBreath Fresh Breath Oral Rinse. It is invented by someone whose daughter suffered from bad breath but any mouth wash she used didn't work. It is pretty expensive for a bottle and you can find it in Guardian or Watsons. If you want cheaper, can buy it on iherb.com

TheraBreath has helped me lots with my breath and it is by far the most effective mouthwash I have used.

MTWS-TBR-8.jpg

For those with bad breath problems arising from the situation of your teeth and /or gums issue, you might want to look into getting a water pick (water toothpick)  to help remove the bacteria and food lodged between your teeth and your gums. It helps further if you put in a small amount of anti-bacteria mouth rinse into the water pool each time you use it too. Flossing will help to remove the food, but it doesn't remove the bacteria as well as the water pick does. Rinsing helps to remove the bacteria, but it doesn't get in between the teeth as well as the water pick do. It was quite effective for me last time. A cheap water pick may cost $89 from Panasonic at any megastore. But it broke down after 1.5 years of daily usage though. 

• Guest locked this topic
  • 5 months later...

Here's my take:

Before I used to have really unequal "vampire" teeth, and had these awful odor and taste in my mouth and breath. I think that food and bacteria got stuck in between the teeth and start to give off a rotting smell. Decided to go for braces, took out 4 tooths. Bad breath was gone. Plucked 4 more wisdom tooth, totally no smell. Big confidence boost.

Recently I met a guy with the same previous issue as me, he had some teeth jutting out and when he talked that familiar odor hit me.

8 hours ago, Guest yikes said:

Here's my take:

Before I used to have really unequal "vampire" teeth, and had these awful odor and taste in my mouth and breath. I think that food and bacteria got stuck in between the teeth and start to give off a rotting smell. Decided to go for braces, took out 4 tooths. Bad breath was gone. Plucked 4 more wisdom tooth, totally no smell. Big confidence boost.

Recently I met a guy with the same previous issue as me, he had some teeth jutting out and when he talked that familiar odor hit me.

Do you even have any more teeth for anyone to smell at all after that?

• 3 weeks later...

I met two really good looking guys in the last week, and got a sort of gayish vibe from both of them, but they also blasted me with many terrible whiffs of disgusting breath. The first was a Changi Airport staff member doing a survey. Gorgeous. I was so happy that he approached me and very glad to answer all of his questions. But then I noticed how stinky his mouth was and had to keep turning my head to the side whenever he talked. The second was an Uber driver trying to drum up business at the entrance of Jurong East Mall. I actually tried to avoid him and his colleagues, but he was persistent, and very handsome. Then came the stream of halitosis as he unsuccessfully tried to convince me to sign up for some sort of service. Seriously guys, if you have a job that requires you to talk to people, make sure your breath is always clean. And in general make sure your breath is always clean. But for people like those two guys, carry a toothbrush and small bottle of mouthwash with you to work, which is what I always do.

Guest Gagged
On June 28, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Featheric said:

Try checking you tonsil for Tonsillolith.

Use jets of water with a syringe to remove them. If it is the cause, it will greatly reduce your bad breath.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillolith

Does anybody know if PRCs are especially prone to having tonsilloiths? Practically every PRC that I have ever met has had horribly bad breath!

Guest oil pulling guy

if you have bad breath you should try oil pulling with coconut oil.

Oil pulling, also known as "kavala" or "gundusha," is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes. This action supposedly draws out toxins in your body, primarily to improve oral health but also to improve your overall health.

I also recommend using ayurveda herbal toothpaste instead of regular tooth paste. mouth wash is not helping.

a few good herbal based toothpaste available online from Iherb. com

cost about S$5. i personally like Now Food Xyli-white toothpaste Gel

• G_M changed the title to Discussion on Bad Breath (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.