Male HQ

How To Exercise & Lose Weight / Slim Down & Get Rid Of Love Handle Aka Spare Tyre? (Compiled)

worldangel

The link doesn't work in chrome and mozilla here in singapore. Anyway the paragraph you cited what it meant was essentially what I've said. If the person can perform the workload, its not because his heart got better, but because the body is able to cope the load better due to greater strength and thus performance increases. In the first article, table 1, it's evident that the improvements in weight training is not going to bring about significant improvements in the heart. No change in resting heart rate, no change in stroke volume, no change in systolic blood pressure at rest, lower diastolic blood pressure at rest, and in terms of VO2max, there is only a slight improvement, not even close to what aerobic training can bring about. So with all these variables measured, how is it that weight training can also be good for the heart? cardiac output (indicator of the amount of blood circulated through the system) = heart rate x stroke volume. Both the variables for heart rate and stroke volume remains unchanged through adaptations. Another formula is the maximum oxygen uptake, where it is a good measurement or by far the best measurement for cardio fitness, little to no improvement. By looking at these 2 indicators, and looking at what was presented, it boils down to the point that the resistance training helps strengthen the muscles, allowing a reduction or less taxing of the cardiovascular system, allowing the person to perform the task effectively. Its not because the person's heart got better that's why he or she can work efficiently.

It seems that we still don't focus on the same issue.  You say that aerobic is better than anaerobic for the heart, I say that anaerobic is good for the heart too.  The two issues are not contradictory.  The table 1 in your 1st article clearly shows that anaerobic exercise reduces diastolic pressure and increases VO2max, both an improvement of heart function.  I trust the experts who support that weight training is good for the heart.  And when I do heavy sets and I'm left breathless with the heart pounding, I cannot believe that this does not improve its functioning.  Doesn't the heart have muscles?

So in conclusion does it mean do more cardio for a good heart workout?

That's my conclusion after reading so many chim articles from both of you. Haha

It is an easy conclusion: 

Do a lot of aerobic exercise if you like to show off your heart.

Do a lot of weight training if you like to show off the rest of your body.

It seems that we still don't focus on the same issue.  You say that aerobic is better than anaerobic for the heart, I say that anaerobic is good for the heart too.  The two issues are not contradictory.  The table 1 in your 1st article clearly shows that anaerobic exercise reduces diastolic pressure and increases VO2max, both an improvement of heart function.  I trust the experts who support that weight training is good for the heart.  And when I do heavy sets and I'm left breathless with the heart pounding, I cannot believe that this does not improve its functioning.  Doesn't the heart have muscles?

You are the first guy that have brought up an issue which I have to discuss with my prof from school. This is his response,"it makes sense that aerobic exercise is better for the heart as it directly stimulates that muscle continuously for long periods of time.  Resistance exercise has brief, intermittent effects on the heart during exercise.

There is plenty of evidence from prospective epidemiological studies to show that individuals who engage in continuous aerobic exercise on a regular basis have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease.  However, similar studies have shown that resistance exercise does also provide some protective benefit compared with individuals classified as sedentary.  Instinctively, and from the evidence it makes sense that the two types of exercise provide slightly different benefits overall but that there is also some crossover.  Using obesity as an example, aerobic exercise helps to expend calories more than resistance exercise but resistance exercise helps to build muscle mass which maintains metabolic rate.  For cardiovascular disease the benefits of each type of exercise may also differ although both provide some protection.

With respect to your second question (Does the rate of stimulation for the heart matters in terms of adaptation since for aerobic exercises, the heart can be worked at a longer and more continuous duration than resistance training), yes, the heart rate does matter.  Most recommendations are that exercise should be moderate to vigorous to have a protective benefit on the heart."
Edited by xydboy

How long to see the effects like the shape of ur body being more muscular and toner when u gym 3 times a week 1.5 hrs each time

This is a tricky question, cause for noticeable improvements to the eye, you need quite a bit of duration. But generally 12-16 weeks of training, you should be able to observe noticeable gains. This number is of course brought about through the various training studies conducted, but generally for gym, i presume you are talking about resistance training. For strength and hypertrophy, usually this happens, for the first 2-4 or 6 weeks, the body gets stronger because you are able to perform the movement better, subsequently, hypertrophy kicks in after that duration and this is when the muscle belly increase in size. Of course this is under the assumption that you will increase the weights from time to time (approx 2 to 4 weeks) or when you can lift 2 more reps for continuous sets for a pre-determined about of sessions. If you were to keep lifting the same weights for the 12-16 weeks, don't expect any much improvements. The body has to be continuously taxed.

You are the first guy that have brought up an issue which I have to discuss with my prof from school. This is his response,"it makes sense that aerobic exercise is better for the heart as it directly stimulates that muscle continuously for long periods of time.  Resistance exercise has brief, intermittent effects on the heart during exercise.

There is plenty of evidence from prospective epidemiological studies to show that individuals who engage in continuous aerobic exercise on a regular basis have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease.  However, similar studies have shown that resistance exercise does also provide some protective benefit compared with individuals classified as sedentary.  Instinctively, and from the evidence it makes sense that the two types of exercise provide slightly different benefits overall but that there is also some crossover.  Using obesity as an example, aerobic exercise helps to expend calories more than resistance exercise but resistance exercise helps to build muscle mass which maintains metabolic rate.  For cardiovascular disease the benefits of each type of exercise may also differ although both provide some protection.

With respect to your second question (Does the rate of stimulation for the heart matters in terms of adaptation since for aerobic exercises, the heart can be worked at a longer and more continuous duration than resistance training), yes, the heart rate does matter.  Most recommendations are that exercise should be moderate to vigorous to have a protective benefit on the heart."

I'm glad that our conversation lead to your discussion of the topic with your prof. He must have been pleased too.

And I don't see much disagreement. Both cardio and weight training benefit the body, and both benefit the heart although not in the same degree. The cardio is more directed towards the improvement of cardiovascular function, the weight training is more directed towards the improvement of size and strength of skeletal musculature. The best approach is to do them both.

I have been watching a few series of the Extreme Weight loss series on the net.

If people have been using the term "weight loss" programme to achieve their goal, have you ever thought of replacing the word with " transformation" ?

Because if you were to, the journey for those who wants to lose weight, will sound more exciting and rewarding.

You people can talk about all kinds of scientific theories, modules, visit all kinds of spas, sign up with all kinds of weight  programme and up market gym, but they are totally meaningless if you do not have the determination and mind power to believe in yourself to transform

Transformation is from within. The ancient sages had long time ago, proposed the power of the mind.

Mind power is extremely possible, because what you desire with your greatest effort and belief, will eventually manifest.

In short, your body is defined by the beliefs you put in yourself, your lifestyle and the most important, that self worth which you either still hold on to, or lost it along in life, as you give yourself up to external burdens, and allow they to take over you.

As sometimes as you look around you, it is quite sad to see many people looking jaded,become fat and obese when they were once atheletics, how they simply just let themselves go. They look so bitter, , jaded even old and complain non stop about almost everything

Thus that self love, self worth, self respect is the most important factor, if you decide to transform yourself into that direction, which you always hanker and desire for

Everyone can. And it is possible

Instead of quoting  wise quotes incessantly which can be boring, so as to appear so wise, let me share with you, two very simple yet very meaning lines from  2 participants from the extreme weight loss challenge, words from the everyday once upon a time, fat obese people which this cruel world mocked, ignored or laughed at

1) " Every tear you had cried, every sweat that comes from you, every muscle that aches, is worth it, as long as you believe and love yourself"

2) " Because I put them ( the extra weight) onto myself, I therefore can take them off and put them away. This is because I am responsible for my life, and because I know I can.."

Transformation is from within. The ancient sages had long time ago, proposed the power of the mind.

--- 

Everyone can. And it is possible

---

Very good post!

It also seems that transformation should be the main purpose of our life, even after having attained some goals and some success. We should never run out of goals for transformation, since we will never be perfect. We can take some breaks between transformations and enjoy what we already have or are, but not for too long or we get rusty and old.

• 2 months later...

Please define 'smaller meal' x 6 a day

how u see a smaller meal and full meal? by calories? are we supposed to nibble like rabbitS?

I think essentially a smaller meal means you don't eat too much at a go. Break up what you will normally eat in a day over 6 meals.

Calories wise, if you are trying to lose weight, you should incur a deficit so that your body can burn them up and not store excess as fats.

You don't have to be a rabbit. Just eat normally like a human. :-)

Smaller meal with a complete course during lunch and dinner (appetizer, main & dessert) for me. A home made protein bar is my dessert. I took 5-6 meals per day and always munch on something.

http://ul.blowingwind.org/forum/uploads/monthly_03_2015/msg-33550-0-64967000-1426426635.jpg

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest

My right fingers are suffering from Trigger Finger Sydrome...i think due to my constant gripping with weights. Funny thing is, my left fingers are ok.

Anyone having same problem w me? 

Guest Doctor Oz

My right fingers are suffering from Trigger Finger Sydrome...i think due to my constant gripping with weights. Funny thing is, my left fingers are ok.

Anyone having same problem w me?

Are you right handed? If yes, it is due to constant gripping to stroke your penis. Try using your left hand next time.

Guest Guest

It's very simple for me. I exercise in underwear only. I would be naked of not for the flopping cock can get in the way. Then I look at myself in the mirror as I exert and grit my teeth to bear with the pain. Seeing my muscular body straining and bulging motivates my ego.

Let's face the politically incorrect truth, gays are vain pots. I am and this body is what attracted men. It's not rocket science to exercise hard to achieve a muscular body, just do it. No need for all that bullshit about ancient sage.

Pay the pain, get the body, watch men lust over you and you know it's so worth it. That's why there are so many muscular bottoms, we all know muscles is the gay currency, you got it, flaunt it baby. We don't work so bloody hard only to keep everything hidden away in some decent clothes. I want to show off and get me some good fuckings to compensate for the pain.

Guest Guest

Ermmm to above guest .. Can we conclude hence therefore those who gym a lot with fit hunky bodies are mostly btms or macho Mary's??

Or there is an equivalent ratio of gym fit tops to Btms? Any stats to substantiate ? Anyone?

Just curious .

It's very simple for me. I exercise in underwear only. I would be naked of not for the flopping cock can get in the way. Then I look at myself in the mirror as I exert and grit my teeth to bear with the pain. Seeing my muscular body straining and bulging motivates my ego.

-----

Pay the pain, get the body, watch men lust over you and you know it's so worth it. That's why there are so many muscular bottoms, we all know muscles is the gay currency, you got it, flaunt it baby. We don't work so bloody hard only to keep everything hidden away in some decent clothes. I want to show off and get me some good fuckings to compensate for the pain.

Nice writing of fantasy you did in your post.  Not a word in it makes sense.

To begin with, if you work out "bloody hard" you don't have time to look in the mirror to be motivated by "seeing your muscular body straining".

Also, if you are serious about working out hard, you will do it with good commercial equipment in a well equipped gym,  not naked in front of a mirror in your bedroom.

Also, good workout is not a grinding of teeth through the pain.

Instead, it is the force of will and perseverance to follow an intelligent plan of work with stressful effort that leaves you tired,  not in pain.

Let's face the politically incorrect truth, gays are vain pots. I am and this body is what attracted men. It's not rocket science to exercise hard to achieve a muscular body, just do it. No need for all that bullshit about ancient sage.

Good for you. We all have different motivators that keep is working hard at the gym. I think it is perfectly fine to be superficial about it because you are honest enough to admit it. While I don't grit my teeth at the gym, I stay motivated by what i see in the mirror. I think it helps with progress and you see where you need to improve on. 

Love. 

Guest Guest

Nice writing of fantasy you did in your post. Not a word in it makes sense.

To begin with, if you work out "bloody hard" you don't have time to look in the mirror to be motivated by "seeing your muscular body straining".

Also, if you are serious about working out hard, you will do it with good commercial equipment in a well equipped gym, not naked in front of a mirror in your bedroom.

Also, good workout is not a grinding of teeth through the pain.

Instead, it is the force of will and perseverance to follow an intelligent plan of work with stressful effort that leaves you tired, not in pain.

Normally I wouldn't bother to reply but seeing that you are the typical pc, rude self righteous know-it-all, then let me state the obvious to you.

1. Why do you think the huge mirror is standard in gyms? U no see people standing in front to lift weights? And then do pose after that ?

2. You no hear the grunts even more cham than deflowering a virgin?

3. You have your regime don't mean others like kungfu matters and yoga gurus don't have great bodies. Not everybody have to do it your way.

Its totally my opinion but loosing weight(especially fat) has large relationship with diet. about 80% or more.

Of course exercising is important but sometimes its exaggerated i think.

here is a experiment.

i was 180cm and 78kg Looking muscular. I didnt have belly.

i had 3 weeks backpack trip and during that, i didnt walk too much. it was just normal life. but my meal was sometimes small and low carbohydrate. I used to eating 2 meals a day Because of busy or bouldnt find restaurants.

As a result, i loose +5kg and most of them are fat. When i came home, i can see my abs More clearly.

Guest guest

When i travel i eat alot, and all kinds of foods..watching my diet goes out the window. I also drink even more starting from during lunch and then dinner. But i also walk, ALOT. Thats how i see the country im visiting. Each time i come back to sg, all the clothes i wear to work are alot looser especially the pants. And everyone in the office never fail to ask me why i lost so much weight. But the thing is I have at most lost 1.5kg. Im not fat to begin with but i do have a slight beer belly...i think i lost more muscle mass? In sg i find cutting out alchohol, carbo, not eating after 8, and gymming (weights n cardio) all help me lose my beer belly. But my weight will always remain the same. Maybe i gain muscle mass? The same colleagues will then comment that i have put on weight. Guess everyone's body is not the same?

Its totally my opinion but loosing weight(especially fat) has large relationship with diet. about 80% or more.

My experience and that of those around me show the same:  A slim and healthy body is the result of good nutrition, no doubt about it.  Exercise cannot make up for a bad diet.

Weight training is a necessary complement to develop a good musculature and preserve it as we grow older.  Aerobics should be part of the exercise for cardio-vascular health.

Edited by Steve5380

When i travel i eat alot, and all kinds of foods..watching my diet goes out the window. I also drink even more starting from during lunch and then dinner. But i also walk, ALOT. Thats how i see the country im visiting. Each time i come back to sg, all the clothes i wear to work are alot looser especially the pants. And everyone in the office never fail to ask me why i lost so much weight. But the thing is I have at most lost 1.5kg. Im not fat to begin with but i do have a slight beer belly...i think i lost more muscle mass? In sg i find cutting out alchohol, carbo, not eating after 8, and gymming (weights n cardio) all help me lose my beer belly. But my weight will always remain the same. Maybe i gain muscle mass? The same colleagues will then comment that i have put on weight. Guess everyone's body is not the same?

A little beer belly can ruin the best formed body.  You are wise to keep it under control. 

Our weight, unless extreme, should not be the first concern. I also find that walking ALOT throughout a visiting city is the best I can do during travel, both because it is a unique way to learn the place, together with using their public transportation, and because it makes up for any excesses we may indulge in vacation.

You do a very body-centered work, that your colleagues are so generous with comments?

1. Why do you think the huge mirror is standard in gyms? U no see people standing in front to lift weights? And then do pose after that ?

2. You no hear the grunts even more cham than deflowering a virgin?

3. You have your regime don't mean others like kungfu matters and yoga gurus don't have great bodies. Not everybody have to do it your way.

1. The huge mirrors in gyms and other places have ONE main purpose:  make the place look bigger.

2. Grunts don't mean progress. They don't scare the weights into becoming lighter...

3. It was you who mentioned: "my muscular body straining and bulging".  That doesn't sound like yoga, haha.

1. The huge mirrors in gyms and other places have ONE main purpose:  make the place look bigger.

2. Grunts don't mean progress. They don't scare the weights into becoming lighter...

3. It was you who mentioned: "my muscular body straining and bulging".  That doesn't sound like yoga, haha.

Erm...apart from enhancing the look of the facility, the mirrors are also there to help people watch their form. That's why most commercial gyms have the mirrors placed near the racks and free weights section, especially when trainers can help keep a look out if people need help in spotting behind those machines or benches.

Reference to NSCA: http://www.nsca.com/uploadedFiles/NSCA/Resources/PDF/Education/Programs/RSCC/Facility%20Risk%20Management%20mod%205.pdf

here is a experiment.

i was 180cm and 78kg Looking muscular. I didnt have belly.

i had 3 weeks backpack trip and during that, i didnt walk too much. it was just normal life. but my meal was sometimes small and low carbohydrate. I used to eating 2 meals a day Because of busy or bouldnt find restaurants.

As a result, i loose +5kg and most of them are fat. When i came home, i can see my abs More clearly.

I really have no idea where people get the 80% from. I have never came across any article specifying the percentage. Please do share if you know any. Secondly, if you reduce your food intake, you will lose weight definitely, and with that, the abs would show. Did you measure your body composition before or after the trip? how did you know that most of it was fat?

Love this tread, going to try to read this tread from starts to the end.  I have nothing share or show on tread like this,  being fit like you guys is only a dream for me.  

I really have no idea where people get the 80% from. I have never came across any article specifying the percentage. Please do share if you know any. Secondly, if you reduce your food intake, you will lose weight definitely, and with that, the abs would show. Did you measure your body composition before or after the trip? how did you know that most of it was fat?

First of all, I work for gym so i have empirical examples and i can make difference body's change when i see.

i told that its my opinion but still i feel diet is more important when loose weight. Somebody worry about damage of muscles and proteins, but i think its small portion: means its not that big for normal people(not elite athletes).

http://vitals.lifehacker.com/exercise-vs-diet-which-is-more-important-for-weight-l-1677532039

Heres a link. i think it is right overall.

in my gym, someone has overweight, i can order him keep his diet and more excercise, or reduce diet and not excercise. Of course i agree that in the long run, excercise person is healthier. But its 1 year or more-period. For woman, only diet is bad because they have little muscles. But for men, they have basic muscles so only-diet has effective And bearable.

I dont tell that if you want loose weight then just diet is okay. I mean, if you want to be muscular from skinny, working out is super important, but if you want to get rid of some fats, diet can be more important

Edited by Kwon

Love this tread, going to try to read this tread from starts to the end.  I have nothing share or show on tread like this,  being fit like you guys is only a dream for me.  

It has to be a dream only if you have some severe handicap that keeps you from working out and eating right like many of us do.

To be fit is an inborn privilege of every human that is willing to put the effort into it and has the perseverance to follow through.

It is a benefit that is not limited to an age group.  People who start exercising in their later years can reap even more benefits than the younger ones who don't need it so much.

done page 2.

Thks with the encouragement.  Initially I workout is just ogle at all the fit guys.  Only in the last 3 years I was more serious about my running(due to my former employer, who is a runner).  I had signed to run 2 marathons this year(not the full one, just 10km and 12km).  

I do want a tone body, I just lack the determination and disciplne.

My heaviest body weight was 80kg, now I am 73kg which still very far from my ideal weight.

Edited by sam7566

First of all, I work for gym so i have empirical examples and i can make difference body's change when i see.

i told that its my opinion but still i feel diet is more important when loose weight. Somebody worry about damage of muscles and proteins, but i think its small portion: means its not that big for normal people(not elite athletes).

http://vitals.lifehacker.com/exercise-vs-diet-which-is-more-important-for-weight-l-1677532039

Heres a link. i think it is right overall.

in my gym, someone has overweight, i can order him keep his diet and more excercise, or reduce diet and not excercise. Of course i agree that in the long run, excercise person is healthier. But its 1 year or more-period. For woman, only diet is bad because they have little muscles. But for men, they have basic muscles so only-diet has effective And bearable.

I dont tell that if you want loose weight then just diet is okay. I mean, if you want to be muscular from skinny, working out is super important, but if you want to get rid of some fats, diet can be more important

Still the link did not mentioned about the 80%, i'm just wondering where people get the concept to weigh which is more important when both are equally important. There are scientific evidence out there that suggest both are equally important. Even with diet kept at constant, exercise have been shown to reduce the weight and improve the quality of life in the individual. Well done on working in the gym and keeping people fit. Cheers on that.

It has to be a dream only if you have some severe handicap that keeps you from working out and eating right like many of us do.

To be fit is an inborn privilege of every human that is willing to put the effort into it and has the perseverance to follow through.

It is a benefit that is not limited to an age group.  People who start exercising in their later years can reap even more benefits than the younger ones who don't need it so much.

Well said! Even during the later years, exercise has been shown to improve the quality of life and demonstrate an impact on the activities of daily living. Walking will soon be the VO2max as we get to that age.

This is an interesting comprehensive document about the setup and operations of gyms.  Thanks for posting it. 

It could be even more useful if it had recommendations for rules of conduct of members of a commercial public gym.  

done page 2.

Thks with the encouragement.  Initially I workout is just ogle at all the fit guys.  Only in the last 3 years I was more serious about my running(due to my former employer, who is a runner).  I had signed to run 2 marathons this year(not the full one, just 10km and 12km).  

I do want a tone body, I just lack the determination and disciplne.

My heaviest body weight was 80kg, now I am 73kg which still very far from my ideal weight.

Hahaha,  I like your initial workout ogling at all the fit guys.  This must be a good exercise for the corpora cavernosa that does the erections. :)

Hopefully you don't fall in love with running to the point that you think that this is all there is to exercising, ending up with a big heart but skinny legs and flat butt.

This is an interesting comprehensive document about the setup and operations of gyms.  Thanks for posting it. 

It could be even more useful if it had recommendations for rules of conduct of members of a commercial public gym.  

Sadly it doesn't. I think the rules of conduct would vary quite a bit from gym to gyms because some gyms operate quite differently especially across the globe. Some really emphasise a lot on attire, while others you can see members walking around barefooted and the management do nothing about it. I was really shocked when that happened in one of the commercial gyms locally.

Sadly it doesn't. I think the rules of conduct would vary quite a bit from gym to gyms because some gyms operate quite differently especially across the globe. Some really emphasise a lot on attire, while others you can see members walking around barefooted and the management do nothing about it. I was really shocked when that happened in one of the commercial gyms locally.

I love working out barefoot.

Naturally you wouldn't be able to do that in most commercial gyms because of the clientele.

Guest Slimfatboy

Hi all my height and weight is 172cm and 61Kg. I have been gyming lately and I am not sure why but my face began to look rounder than before as my body gets bigger. I am guessing that I have gained some muscle mass. But overall my love handles still exist and I am looking at a cardio plan to cut down on that. However I have a dilemma of lifting weights or focusing on cardio to cut down the fats. And for diet I am also not sure should I eat more or eat less carbo as I heard carbo is essential for muscle gain as well. I am looking to get a more toned body, not so much of a bigger size.

l

Hahaha,  I like your initial workout ogling at all the fit guys.  This must be a good exercise for the corpora cavernosa that does the erections. :)

Hopefully you don't fall in love with running to the point that you think that this is all there is to exercising, ending up with a big heart but skinny legs and flat butt.

Haha!!! I didn't know that running will make my butt flat, currently is already flat .  I do some Dumbell Squat once a week,  guess it will not be enough ah?

Hi all my height and weight is 172cm and 61Kg. I have been gyming lately and I am not sure why but my face began to look rounder than before as my body gets bigger. I am guessing that I have gained some muscle mass. But overall my love handles still exist and I am looking at a cardio plan to cut down on that. However I have a dilemma of lifting weights or focusing on cardio to cut down the fats. And for diet I am also not sure should I eat more or eat less carbo as I heard carbo is essential for muscle gain as well. I am looking to get a more toned body, not so much of a bigger size.

I do recommend that you get a good referral of a good Personal Trainer. 

Look at it in this way. Your are investing into your fitness goals. It is similar to any other monetary investment. You want results. You want to make a profit from your investments. You want your money to work for you. However, if you are a newbie in this field, there are many things to learn. You either learned it by hard knocks (which can be expensive) or the returns are miserable.

When we invest, we want to have the best returns possible. High risk High yield. Low risk low yield. It is the same in investing into your fitness.

You can pay your monthly dues (your investment) to the gym, but the returns can be low or negligible, where after a while you will lost heart or loose the momentum or motivation to carry on. Why low or negligible returns? cos you don't know how/what to train to gain the results that you want. Yes you can read from internet and all, but trust me, if you really do your research, you will realised the internet is full of training methodologies / philosophy that seems to contradict each other. At the end of the day, you will conclude that the life of a fitness enthusiast is not for you. and your investments will go to waste.

However, if you are like some of the smart investors, when they are newbies, they learned from those who know the game, or just pay a fee to a good broker or fund managers to help them. Once they became seasoned investors, they can actually do it themselves. If due to busy work schedules or what, they continue to let the fund managers invest on their behalf. Yes it is investing a little more but sure will have good results. Similarly in the fitness realm, do engaged a PT if you want your investment to yield the results that you want to have since you do not know much about how/what to train to get the results you want from the investment that you have made.

I started out with by engaging PT. I have also fired and change PTs who are not good in my standard. After a while, I am one of those who went on to be on my own to train on my own as I have learnt much from my PTs. Done lots of research online too. 

So if you dont wanna invest a little more for PT or the effort to train together with someone who has good knowledge of fitness training to reach your fitness goals... then my advice for you is to just keep the $$$ in the bank and invest it other areas or buy health/medical insurance. No point paying your monthly fees and later not getting the results you want.

Just a little long analogy in investing into your fitness goals.

Hope this help to put things in perspective.

Am here for sincere friends... 

Guest TonednotHuge

Just do a HIIT routine daily with one or two moderate intensity cardio a week. Throw in some body weight calisthenics. That should end up in a model-type body. Absolutely no equipment required.

Done reading every post on this tread.  I enjoyed the post on how and what work for the individual and how one achieved their goal.  The "debate" between xydboy and Steve5380 is interesting but very "academic" but I like the point highlighted by Steve5380 more(I hope this remark will not get me into trouble).  

Just do a HIIT routine daily with one or two moderate intensity cardio a week. Throw in some body weight calisthenics. That should end up in a model-type body. Absolutely no equipment required.

Depending on the type of exercise for the HIIT, to do it daily, it can be rather damaging, especially if you incorporate lots of jumps and plyometrics within.

Haha!!! I didn't know that running will make my butt flat, currently is already flat .  I do some Dumbell Squat once a week,  guess it will not be enough ah?

I don't know how you do your dumbbell squats, but one effective exercise for the butt is the walking in launches, lunges.  With heavy dumbbells in your hands, do the steps, with alternate knees nearly touching the floor,  for some good distance.  Do it slow, and increase distance over the weeks,  until you can do like 50 m (half a block) without stopping.  Your legs may complain the next day, but you will not complain about the results.  

Edited by Steve5380

I don't know how you do your dumbbell squats, but one effective exercise for the butt is the walking in launches, lunges.  With heavy dumbbells in your hands, do the steps, with alternate knees nearly touching the floor,  for some good distance.  Do it slow, and increase distance over the weeks,  until you can do like 50 m (half a block) without stopping.  Your legs may complain the next day, but you will not complain about the results.  

One thing to note about lunges is the form. Many people frequently "push off" rather than "push up". 

I have tired TR90 from nuskin. It is awesome. Anyone interested can pm me to find out more.

Any other diet is the same, you can lose weight. You don't need some freaking expensive stuff to do the same thing. I can get anyone who watch their diet to give the same results.

Guest TonednotHuge

Agree that too much jumping n plyo not good. But HIIT does not have to be just that or involve long sessions. 20mins/day tops. Examples like street dance moves that work more of the core, lunges, "swimming" on mat, squats, push-ups, piking, mountain climbers.... The great thing is any movement can be incorporated, especially if it mimics your day to day needs.

Thanks, will definitely add to my current workout.

One thing to note about lunges is the form. Many people frequently "push off" rather than "push up". 

Any other diet is the same, you can lose weight. You don't need some freaking expensive stuff to do the same thing. I can get anyone who watch their diet to give the same results.

Sorry, I need to clearify on your term "push off" and "push up" are you refering the method of leftting the bent knee that was nearly touching the floor.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.