Male HQ

Discussion of Going Topless / Shirtless In Public + Ideas Or Reasons For Doing It? (Compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Can't Register

I agree. Heartlanders are not so used to see topless guys jogging...I get stares all the time.

Fortunately I don't stay high up. In the end of my run, I would usually use the stairs than sharing lifts and making my neighbors uncomfortable.

Park connectors are more topless friendly. People are there to exercise so it feels less awkward. And besides its linear so people come back and forth so less staring I guess! Esp if the park connector is next to canal and/or dense vegetation.

If the running place is infront of ur hse, it is practical to leave the shirt behind and leave ur hse w/o ur shirt. Sometimes it is quite troublesome to hold on to ur shirt while u run, unless u r using ur shirt to wipe off ur sweat, then maybe holding ur shirt to run is useful. But i still find pple in heartlander still not very open seeing topless guys! Imagine after u have finished ur run and ur body is drenched wet in ur sweat, and maybe ur running shorts is also wet with ur sweat and as if u have pee in ur shorts. When u r taking the lift with pple, somehow i find they will feel uncomfortable or staring at u as if u r some "prevert"!

I took the lift after my run with someone inside b4

and it's fine

they just don't care actually

I agree. Heartlanders are not so used to see topless guys jogging...I get stares all the time. Fortunately I don't stay high up. In the end of my run, I would usually use the stairs than sharing lifts and making my neighbors uncomfortable.

Good idea

I live in 3rd floor

Maybe would consider using the stairs next time

Good idea

I live in 3rd floor

Maybe would consider using the stairs next time

U stay 3rd floor also take lift? Esp after ur run? Shld take stairs and take it as cool down mah. :P

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Park connectors are more topless friendly. People are there to exercise so it feels less awkward. And besides its linear so people come back and forth so less staring I guess! Esp if the park connector is next to canal and/or dense vegetation.

Agreed, park connectors and reservisor are topless friendly. Usually will be able to find at least 1-2 topless guys running at those places. Sometimes if "strike TOTO" on tht day, u will even see 5-6 topless guys running!!!

And those park located within the heartanders or downstairs those housing blks,confirm not topless friendly. If u run topless, pple walking or playing ard the park will stare at u like u are some "prevert", esp those pple with family and kids.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

u remember the dboat hottie YONG QUAN who was an undie model etc etc? he used to run topless around hougang in afternoon. body hot, face hot, u wanna lick his sweaty body n hairy armpits.

BUT the running style CMI. :)

Who is yong quan? U mean he used to run topless ard hougang? So now he no longer run topless liao? How come his running style CMI?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I started to jog and sleep topless (or in underwear) during my NS days. Now I usually jog topless as I don’t like the sticky feeling with my singlet on and also I need not do extra laundry. I also feel more comfortable topless at home given the hot and humid weather and the very stuffy 3-room flat that I am staying in. However, my grandparents whom I am staying with are annoyed as they find me indecent to be without clothes. So I can’t go topless at home nor can I sleep topless (coz I sleep in the sitting room). How do you guys get started topless at home and how does your family reaction?

Thought most or all guys are topless at hm? Whether or not they are staying themselves or with family members?!

As for running topless, i think most guys got the habit during the army. As in the army some of the unit asked the guys to run topless during routine run, so from there some guys will continue to run topless even after they ORD.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I've been seeing this PRC guy, pretty big sized, bulky with some muscularity, average look, tall though, who walks topless & sport pants, ard d area fronting the Albert Complex & The Bencoolen, near d Waterloo temples, mostly on weekends. Must say tt he got lots guts to do so in Sg.

My other time seeing such were American guys who attend summer class topless, in shorts, carrying just a towel & suntan lotion , not even pen or paper to take notes :)

Ang moh culture to go topless during summer is very common, and nobody will even bother to look at u. But in asia pple will stare at u if u go topless in places which is not meant to be topless.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

In Sg, my most daring time where I went ard naked in d open were when I was in d Fort Road area :)

Other than tt, I go topless when I go to d Pasir Panjang wholesale center to get veg & fruits. Quite a few workers & stall keepers commented on my bod, but best were to see some real cute workers, some pretty good looking, with nice bod & a topless esp loading / unloading goods, packing, sorting, etc, though they seems to come & go, think they’re part timers or contract staff. I remembered 1 really handsome Malay guy, tall, tan, lean with long hair, he’s gorgeous esp when he was sweating in d hot sun 

It is indeed hot to see guys loading & unloading goods topless! But nowadays seldom see such thing.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I also saw 2 topless Ang mo running topless at raffles place just 20mins ago. So daring of these 2.

Ang moh running topless for them is like nothing special, since sg has such a hot climate.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Erotictales

Wouldn't it be nice if, maybe for reservist, sg guys go back camp and have to train and jog topless? Think last time Commando used to be that.

Wouldn't it be nice if, maybe for reservist, sg guys go back camp and have to train and jog topless? Think last time Commando used to be that.

I think commando still train and jog topless even now. But for others unit, maybe they have already cut down training and jogging topless. Last time even my camp is not commando, but many guys in the camp wld jog topless during every PT training, until topless is such a norm.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

If u happen to see cuties running topless, most of the time it depends on ur luck regardless where is the location. Most of the time i dun think these cuties will run on the same day, same route and same timing.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Erotictales

I remember in the good old days, IPPT or RT allowed topless. You can see those PTIs working out topless by themselves in the gym. I also ever saw an entire group in just tight shorts on the track preparing for the 2.4. And one lean, specky officer who spent the whole time at his office desk just topless.

Also had one IPPT where it kept raining, so eventually one encik say can run topless. So many guys did. And after that gathered at the shed in wet shorts. So many types of body, with a lot never wear underwear so can see the shape clearly. Best of all, because it was crowded and dark already, some guys just changed at the shed. Strip to wet underwear while talking before slowly putting back their civilian clothes. My favourite memory of IPPT for reservists.

Ran topless during heavy rain. Was awesome ^_^

Raining topless during heavy rain was awesome? Why leh?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I remember in the good old days, IPPT or RT allowed topless. You can see those PTIs working out topless by themselves in the gym. I also ever saw an entire group in just tight shorts on the track preparing for the 2.4. And one lean, specky officer who spent the whole time at his office desk just topless.

Also had one IPPT where it kept raining, so eventually one encik say can run topless. So many guys did. And after that gathered at the shed in wet shorts. So many types of body, with a lot never wear underwear so can see the shape clearly. Best of all, because it was crowded and dark already, some guys just changed at the shed. Strip to wet underwear while talking before slowly putting back their civilian clothes. My favourite memory of IPPT for reservists.

Correct, last time u r allowed to go topless during IPPT. I still remember the PTI wld tell us before the start of the 2.4km run, u r allowed to take off ur shirt, but ur number tag must be visible and clearly be seen throughout the run. But now before the start of the 2.4km run, PTI wld tell us tht topless is not allowed, if anyone found topless during the run, u wld be disqualify from the test!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Erotictales

Alien, did most guys back then run 2.4 topless? How nice to see guys of all shapes and colours just stripping off at the stadium.

Alien, did most guys back then run 2.4 topless? How nice to see guys of all shapes and colours just stripping off at the stadium.

Back then there were indeed quite a few guys run topless during 2.4 test, esp if we take our IPPT during our reservist, even more common to see topless guys running.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Confirm quiet at night since u run at midnight! How come u find easier to jog topless?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I reckon the lack of a top gives me less wind resistance? I seem to be able to jog further before needing to stop to rest. I feel like I wanna go again later tonight =D

Heard pple who run topless said tht they cld run further and more, this cld be one of the reason?! Also i think if u run topless, u dun feel the sweat flowing down ur body.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Heard pple who run topless said tht they cld run further and more, this cld be one of the reason?! Also i think if u run topless, u dun feel the sweat flowing down ur body.

More efficient heat loss through better water/sweat evaporation on your skin

less coverings = more flow of air = better evaporation = better heat loss = better performance? I suppose :-)

More efficient heat loss through better water/sweat evaporation on your skin

less coverings = more flow of air = better evaporation = better heat loss = better performance? I suppose :-)

Dun know whether tis theory correct or not, cos during compeition run, u dun see those runners running topless. If the theory above is correct, then how come seldom see guys running topless?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Was running laps at Bedok Reservoir last night about 8++, saw this gorgeous Chinese muscular guy running from opposite direction. Next lap, he ran topless and I almost tripped over! His sweaty muscular body glistening in the lights was awesome. Too hot!

He dissappeared after that :( , but that image fired me up to run another 10 km lah. Thanks guy, whomever you are hope to run into you again :thumb:

Was running laps at Bedok Reservoir last night about 8++, saw this gorgeous Chinese muscular guy running from opposite direction. Next lap, he ran topless and I almost tripped over! His sweaty muscular body glistening in the lights was awesome. Too hot!

He dissappeared after that :( , but that image fired me up to run another 10 km lah. Thanks guy, whomever you are hope to run into you again :thumb:

U mean the muscular topless guy disppeared after tht? u sure u saw a human? :P

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Guest
Was running laps at Bedok Reservoir last night about 8++, saw this gorgeous Chinese muscular guy running from opposite direction. Next lap, he ran topless and I almost tripped over! His sweaty muscular body glistening in the lights was awesome. Too hot! He dissappeared after that :( , but that image fired me up to run another 10 km lah. Thanks guy, whomever you are hope to run into you again :thumb:

it could a Paranormal Sighting !

Sorry lah, my Engrish caused confusion hahaha :oops: ...I meant didn't see him during the next lap. He must have finished up shortly after..... Maybe he got hot and went home to jump his BF? (I hope.....) :D

So u mean this hot muscular guy already been running few laps with his shirt on, then suddenly u saw him running topless in his next lap and then didnt see him anymore. So u assume tht was his last lap and he got so hot and sweaty and he took off his shirt to run?! :P

But nowadays running at Bedok Reservoir after dark falls not a very gd idea!

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• 2 weeks later...

Today saw a guy washing his car topless, and he is wearing those army running shorts, bod not bad. Nowadays really difficult to see any guys washing car topless at the washing bay.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

used to do this - running topless in heavy rain. after your body gets sufficiently warmed up, the feeling of heat coming out from within and the cold raindrops hitting on the body.

ps: u might also wanna wear a cap to keep the rain from going into your eyes...

There were occasions when I got caught in heavy rain during my medium-distance jog.

I have to say it really felt great with the rain washing down my torso....it's like taking a shower :)

There were occasions when I got caught in heavy rain during my medium-distance jog.

I have to say it really felt great with the rain washing down my torso....it's like taking a shower :)

i can't run in the rain. i'll just die from hypothermia (hyperbole here don't attack pls :x)

but i recently tried running topless a couple of times, it sure makes it more comfortable to run. but, i have to do it late like after 10? once i ran from punggol park pcn to the punggol marina and back, at around 8ish where there are people cycling and taking walks, i received a lot of unfriendly stares. maybe i'm not buff enough (just slim) and i shld've kept my shirt on... i dunno la. but now i just run much later if i'm not working the next day and if someone saw it and didn't like it, too bad la! haha

• G_M changed the title to Discussion of Going Topless / Shirtless In Public + Ideas Or Reasons For Doing It? (Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic