Male HQ

Discussion Before / On / During Chinese New Year (compiled)

erection day

It's that special time of the year again. Not the actual Chinese New Year itself but the giddy days leading to the big event. It's always been special to me and even as I'm now an adult at 40 (who look 30), I always feel like a kid again. There's a palpable excitement in the air esp when I walk around in Chinatown. I can even tolerate the Chinese New Year songs which are even worse than the xmas ones- those gong xi fa cai songs are so sweet they could give you diabetes.

I was wondering, do I still refrain from giving ang pow to my nephews as I'm single or, what the heck, start giving this year. I dont want my nephews growing up thinking I'm a miser even though I am their favourite uncle.

Guest GayUncle
I was wondering, do I still refrain from giving ang pow to my nephews as I'm single or, what the heck, start giving this year. I dont want my nephews growing up thinking I'm a miser even though I am their favourite uncle.

You are so cute! :D

CNY is always, if possible, a day that I want to hide. First, it is the reunion dinner where both me and partner got to 'show our face' to each other's family. And then, both our family is getting bigger for the past 20 years. Oh, we are not 20 but double that plus plus plus. I remember during our early years, we would curry each of our in-laws with pots of good luck plants and cookies.

One the actual day itself, it is more jialat - now, we got to meet more aunties, uncles, nephews, nieces and family friends. There would be some surprised eyes, looking at us. And then when the kaypoh evergreen question popped "still not married ah?", we just have to smile politely while still, and heng!, to receive red packets! :D

We grew up to see the kids grown; some of the girls got married and the boys hopefully to be gays! :D The only thing we did right to them was handing the angpow since they were still young. It was, and still is, a win-win situation - we gave to the kids and their parents gave us back. Hehehehe

I am thinking of giving the angpows to kids after all my siblings have gotten married... And that should be either from the next 2 CNYs...

I agree with the excitement building up towards the first day... The crazy shopping for decorative items and plants and flowers. The crazy cleaning and throwing away of old stuff... The preparartion of new home made chilli sauces and steamboat soup base etc... Taxing but fun...

But hor, I also realised that with every year, the excitement gets a little bit lesser... I wonder why...

It's good to know that someone is reveling in the festive mood of CNY. I don't know about you guys, but as I grow older, CNY doesn't seem to be that "big" to me anymore. Strange, huh? It really wasn't that long ago when CNY was like the happiest time of the year for me :) These days, CNY is more like a formality...you know, the usual dinners, reunions with friends that you meet like only once a year, dodging that million dollar question from inquisitive relatives etc etc. But hey...I ain't really complaining...I'm still looking forward to the off days that I'm gonna get, and stuff myself silly with Chinese food!

As for angpows, ED, it's really up to you if you wanna break the tradition. After all, traditions are man-made and I'm sure no one will punish you for putting that smile on the faces of your nephews/nieces!

SD

Better the Devil you know than the Angel you don't...

Yah.. who the hell started this silly tradition that only married people can give red packets?? In HK/Taiwan, my single friends who are in their 40/50s give hong baos to their younger relatives regardless of their marital status. Seniors give juniors... that's the spirit.

Yes, SD, I know what you mean. Somehow, although it is a very big event, it is not as exciting as it was before.

Haha, maybe it is old age or maybe it is the mood or state-of-mind. Anyway, it is still good to have super long holiday, although I do hate the 1st few days of CNY as most shops and hawkers are closed and everything is expensive. It is either fast food or dried food.

Most PLU will flies overseas to 避年, while some will have theirs in sauna, others will stay home and chase after shows, etc.

TopChinese, I don't think we'll ever know who started this tradition, but that's not really the point. When it comes to traditions, I am a firm believer in practising only those you think is beneficial. Take what is good and throw away the bad, so to speak. I guess I better start stocking up on those angpows to give away this year! :)

GM, I really think it's a growing up thing. Somehow, festive seasons seemed to be so much "funner" when you're a kid. Those were the days, my friend! :)

To those who are going to Bangkok during CNY, have fun, be safe and don't get arrested! :P

SD

Yes, 'd be heading to bangkok, the city of sin, on the 2nd day of CNY. But I relish the days before. Its true, sadly, the actual day itself is a bit of anti-climax. Too old to visit kaypo relatives and, frankly, not worth the grand inqusition (is there such a word?) just for those red packets. Anyway, they stop giving ages ago (stingy cows!). And either you gorge yourself silly with love letters (what silly name) and batkwa, etc, or you head down for the inevitable Jacky Chan, or now, Jack Neo feel-good movie jostling with the rest who have not got no place to go either. ha ha. How much to put in ang pows for my four little rascal newphews ah???

Guest angpows
Yes, 'd be heading to bangkok, the city of sin, on the 2nd day of CNY. But I relish the days before. Its true, sadly, the actual day itself is a bit of anti-climax. Too old to visit kaypo relatives and, frankly, not worth the grand inqusition (is there such a word?) just for those red packets. Anyway, they stop giving ages ago (stingy cows!). And either you gorge yourself silly with love letters (what silly name) and batkwa, etc, or you head down for the inevitable Jacky Chan, or now, Jack Neo feel-good movie jostling with the rest who have not got no place to go either. ha ha. How much to put in ang pows for my four little rascal newphews ah???

Hi Errection day,

U dun need to give out angpows if u r not married. Maybe buy some present for nephews.

I was born in the era where fire crackers were permitted. The atmosphere was electrifying. A few weeks before the CNY, our school teachers would have to shout in class because of the deafening fire crackers. They usually gave up a week before CNY and we were instructed to read on our own. So much fun!

On the eve of CNY, it was almost impossible to talk because crackers were lighted everywhere. Our TV volume was tuned to the maximum and we still could not hear clearly! My neighbours hanged fire crackers all the way down to the ground floor from their 8th storey HDB flat. Just imagine a few strings of fire crackers hangind down from each HDB blocks and lighted almost at the same time!

One of my favourites was rockets when fired could reach the opposite HDB flat. We even had some kind of "war" between blocks. Once I fired a rocket and it missed the target and hit the opposite flat where an old lady was standing at her fifth floor balcony. I expected the old lady to curse and swear. Instead she went into her flat, came out again with a rocket and fired at me. We started firing at each other ... a small kid vs an old lady ....... (those days, old ladies worn standard "sumfoo" - blue tops with side buttons and hair tied into a bun behind their heads).

On the eve of CNY, we were supposed to stay up as late as possible so that our parents could have a long life. Sometimes, all of us had to vacate our home during certain hours so that the "shy" prosperity god could enter our home. Firing of crackers died down after 1 am in the morning. By this time, the open space between HDB blocks were covered by a sea of red papers (remnant of the fire crackers) a few inches thick.

Most if not all CNY shopping was done at Chinatown. There wasn't many shopping centres in Singapore at that time. The old Chinatown exuded certain kind of charm and the shopowners were as old as the Chinatown itself!

On the first day of CNY, the first thing we must do was to eat a sweet before we talked or brushed our teeth. This would ensure that sweet and pleasant words would flow out of our mouth throughout the year ..... that's what my mom told me.

Ahhhh ...... those were the good old days ................

Yes, the good old days. All long gone. To relieve the spirit, I always make it a point to go down to Chinatown to soak in whatever atmosphere is left of this once boisterous festival. The every mention of fire crackers brought back some happy memories for me and one unhappy one. Then me and my band of brothers (five of us) would each carry a transparent plastic bag filled with little red and green crackers and a joss stick to set off the explosion. Oh what fun (and dangerous too, thinking back now) it is to fling the hissing crackers at each other as we ran up and down the stairs trying to dodge the missiles. The unhappy little incident happened when I later noticed then that I had accidentally burnt three holes in the front of my only New Year shirt. My family were poor then and that new shirt should have lasted me thru that holiday. And sure enough I got more than a earful from my mum (ah, she was quite ferocious then). From then on, I wasnt very keen on fire crackers and was in fact quite happy to see it banned. ha ha.

Can I ask the 长輩 seniors in this room for some advice on the customs during CNY.

Is it considered taboo to suck cock on the first day of Chinese New Year?

On one hand, we are not supposed to have anything sharp and pointed (like an erect cock) in the house that will cut/pierce through the luck in the house.

On the other, some of us here can shoot a lot of cum so prosperity like huge river of sperm and semen on floor burst into flowers.

How about talking dirty during sex?

Some old people will frown on bad language used during the New Year which will set the tone of a rough year ahead. Yet other mature men will enjoy the loud "You f**king pig, you f**king slut" or the "fxxk ME HARDER NOW!!!" and raw energies which will scare the evil spirits and serves as an auspicious start to the year ?

:lol: TopChinese, you quite funny leh... :lol:

For me, I actually try to shoot on the first day... Signifies that I will get to shoot throughout the year! :lol: How's that? :P

I will also want to shoot on the eve, to signify the end the year and to cleanse the body for the next year kind of thing...

Hahaha... I think I am over Chinese! :P

TopChinese - you have interesting and creative interpretations of the CNY do's and don'ts. Maybe you can start YOUR tradition for the PLU community. As red is an auspicious colour for CNY, red dicks should bring you luck by holding them, putting them into your mouth or other parts of the body. So instead of angpows, PLUs can visit saunas and other appropriate places to receive cockpows ... the more the merrier ..... cock xi fa cai ...... cock xi fa cai .....

Hahaha! You guys totally cracked me up!! Just how we have gone from discussing about angpow giving traditions to dishing out 'cockpows' with red cocks, is totally beyond me. I guess I was right after all...CNY, when you're just a kiddo, is never the same when you're already an adult. :)

The way I see CNY significant difference from ordinary days are the long queue lining up for the dried pork.You can see all those aunties along the corridor leding to V-club!

Can I ask the 长輩 seniors in this room for some advice on the customs during CNY.

On one hand, we are not supposed to have anything sharp and pointed (like an erect cock) in the house that will cut/pierce through the luck in the house.

On the other, some of us here can shoot a lot of cum so prosperity like huge river of sperm and semen on floor burst into flowers.

Some old people will frown on bad language used during the New Year which will set the tone of a rough year ahead. Yet other mature men will enjoy the loud "You f**king pig, you f**king slut" or the "fxxk ME HARDER NOW!!!" and raw energies which will scare the evil spirits and serves as an auspicious start to the year ?

Sorry to say that, but are u serious or just kidding?

I find your questions really too off lor. Are u an adult? <_<

Cool, you are cute, what do you think? Is TopChinese serious or... :D

So how about you, are you so serious about his post? :D

Cool, you are cute, what do you think? Is TopChinese serious or... :D

So how about you, are you so serious about his post? :D

I am just being sarcastic cos I can't believe a normal adult will ask such questions.

personally i dont find Lin Zhi yuan's one great, good yes but not worth the $$$ and queue.

it is just the branding effect, only 1 branch, good to show to those you are giving to that you have made an effort.

for bak gua, i like Yong Xiang in Malaysia (if you are in KL, along Jalan Imbi street) very good, cheap and didnt jerk price too high during CNY.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

well, now they got another branch- right opp the old one. just in front of the bus stop. so hopefully got less queue. bak gua can be so additive. before u know it, half of the packet content would have gone down to the stomach and stay there for a few weeks. It would take a lot of crunches and cardio workout to get rid of it. anyway, is there an expiry period for bak gua. is it too early to get it now for CNY?

Eating bak gua is yearly affair in particular during the CNY season, but I noticed (in my opinion) any where I bought it whether the shop a famous one or less famous, all their qualities seem to drop :oops: ........ maybe due to mass product and quick to manufacture and that's why the quality not to their standard one.

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

If the cock you come across is a dark/black cock (belonging to old bird or dark skin), then its bad luck to suck. Must find a pinkish/red cock. So young chinese will be most welcomed.

When you come across those with taper, sharp cock heads, tell them "sorry hor, your head too sharp for me today. will bring me bad luck. give me your number and I get back to u tomorrow". Then you continue searching for those with blunt heads. Don't forget must be pinkish or reddish.

Talking dirty is a definite no-no. Leave that for the next day.

For that day u can say, "oh your cock look so pink and pretty. taste so sweet. your cum even sweeter".

If that guy can shoot a lot, make sure your face or body is at the receiving end. This is considered good luck because cum is life-giving.

Of course all these apply only on the 1st day of CNY and to those who believe in tradition. Otherwise suck any cocks you like and talk dirty till the cows come home. Who cares!

Why so many people queuing up at that famous Lin Zhi Yuan shop (hope I got the name right) for their minched pork near this time of year I never know. Are they really much better than competitor Mei Zheng Xiang???

I don't know about others, every year, i will queue at least 5 hours just for " 林志源 " 肉干. Maybe is a part of my CNY program. I agree that compare to last time, the taste standard drop, but still better than the rest, i even can tell whether is " 林志源 " 肉干 not by just having a bite, though is abit expensive compare to the rest but i think is still woth it, i rather buy in China town than going all the way to Malaysia to buy though is cheaper. ( I thought now can't buy 肉干 & bring out to Singapore ).

is there an expiry period for bak gua. is it too early to get it now for CNY?

yes, ard 2 weeks as bak gua from stores didnt use preservatives.

throw it into the fridge and it will last around 1 month, thaw using microwave.

if vacumm pack then last longer

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

.........., i rather buy in China town than going all the way to Malaysia to buy though is cheaper. ( I thought now can't buy 肉干 & bring out to Singapore ).

I think based on Agra-Food & Veterinary Authority of Spore (AVA) guidelines bringing pork or processed meat from neighbouring ASEAN countries not allowed and only from certain countries (most western countries) are allowed according to their list.

http://www.ava.gov.sg/InformationForTravel...gFood/index.htm

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

I still prefer 美真香's 经典肉干 (bacon)... They now have chilli ones... Very nice... *yum yum*... But super fat... Cannot eat too many... :P

Oh, oral, dun microwave too long... Mine kena chao-tar after I microwaved it for half a minute, which is the duration I usually used for re-heating food... :oops:

Gayuncle - every year ur bf cum for Reunion dinner your folks never ask who this boy is meh ?

Suprised eyes ? ur aunties, uncles also nvr ask who this BOY is er ?

You are so cute!

CNY is always, if possible, a day that I want to hide. First, it is the reunion dinner where both me and partner got to 'show our face' to each other's family. And then, both our family is getting bigger for the past 20 years. Oh, we are not 20 but double that plus plus plus. I remember during our early years, we would curry each of our in-laws with pots of good luck plants and cookies.

One the actual day itself, it is more jialat - now, we got to meet more aunties, uncles, nephews, nieces and family friends. There would be some surprised eyes, looking at us. And then when the kaypoh evergreen question popped "still not married ah?", we just have to smile politely while still, and heng!, to receive red packets!

We grew up to see the kids grown; some of the girls got married and the boys hopefully to be gays! The only thing we did right to them was handing the angpow since they were still young. It was, and still is, a win-win situation - we gave to the kids and their parents gave us back. Hehehehe

Gayuncle - every year ur bf cum for Reunion dinner your folks never ask who this boy is meh ?

Suprised eyes ? ur aunties, uncles also nvr ask who this BOY is er ?

========================

You are so cute!

One the actual day itself, it is more jialat - now, we got to meet more aunties, uncles, nephews, nieces and family friends. There would be some surprised eyes, looking at us. And then when the kaypoh evergreen question popped "still not married ah?", we just have to smile politely while still, and heng!, to receive red packets!

We grew up to see the kids grown; some of the girls got married and the boys hopefully to be gays! The only thing we did right to them was handing the angpow since they were still young. It was, and still is, a win-win situation - we gave to the kids and their parents gave us back. Hehehehe

mature 40s - ur shaing is so funny. :D:D

======================

One of my favourites was rockets when fired could reach the opposite HDB flat. We even had some kind of "war" between blocks. Once I fired a rocket and it missed the target and hit the opposite flat where an old lady was standing at her fifth floor balcony. I expected the old lady to curse and swear. Instead she went into her flat, came out again with a rocket and fired at me. We started firing at each other ... a small kid vs an old lady ....... (those days, old ladies worn standard "sumfoo" - blue tops with side buttons and hair tied into a bun behind their heads).

Had a happy outing today traipsing around Chinatown, jostling with the crowds, eating dim-sum at a cosy restaurant and occasionally stealing glances at some hunky tourists and drool-worthy local Chinese men also. There're so much to see there- so many interesting characters. I used to be very westernised, adoring everything that's ABC (even had a British bf for many years). But as I become older, strangely or not, I grow more attached to my own roots. My taste of music and men also changed. Its oriental men or nothing. I felt particularly happy today staring at the bright red display of some stalls selling salted fish, waxed duck and waxed sausages (the last gave me sort of semi hard-on). :P

Guest GayUncle

Hello Jason,

My partner and I have been staying together, on our own, for the last 18 years. Right from the very beginning of the relationship, we didn't want to castrate our identity to our families. We made sure we attended each other's family weekly dinner - thank goodness, the arrangement was right where saturdays would be with my family, and sundays his. For reunion dinner, my family would normally have it few days before the actual day. Whereas, my partner's family always prefer to do it on the eve itself.

As the years went, our families accepted us, though there was never a direct question about our relationship. As far as our families are concerned, our parents and siblings have accepted us well. It is always the nosey relatives - the aunties, the uncles that would, in our opinion, slid their eyes one side to look at us. But year after year, I guess they have learned to shut their mouths cos our immediate families are very comfortable with us, and it would become obvious if they stir the situation.

I know one is not supposed to sweep the floor on the first day of CNY (for fear of sweeping away good luck) but being some sort of a hygience freak, I always cannot resist doing just that when mum is away. But we still leave the kitchen light on throughout the night (for reason I cant remember now).

Guest GayUncle

Haha, I can't resist cleaning on the first day too but bf is rather traditional - it's a big no-no for him to see the broom on the first day. What I'll do is just mopping instead and tell him that water resembles luck :D

I think to switch on the lights in the kitchen is for the God of Prosperity to feel free visiting - I may be wrong. For me, I let the lights on all throughout the house, with exception to our bedroom where I would dim the light alittle. This way, the God will have more space :D :thumb:

Gayuncle, I really admire you and your partner and wish both of you "the prince and the prince live happily ever after". As for myself, I am not lucky at all. His family is OK except his mom has nothing good to me. She gives me sour face and sarcastic words. She always think that I am the one who converted his son to gay. Hey, please lah .... he was the one who cruised me. I did my very best to please her ... gifts, drive her to hospital for regular checkup, ta-pao her favourite food all the way from Changi and yet ... *sigh*. Now I know why in the old TV show, the poor daughter-in-law had to jump into the well. Luckily, we're not staying with her. :D

Guest GayUncle
Gayuncle, I really admire you and your partner and wish both of you "the prince and the prince live happily ever after". As for myself, I am not lucky at all. His family is OK except his mom has nothing good to me. She gives me sour face and sarcastic words. She always think that I am the one who converted his son to gay. Hey, please lah .... he was the one who cruised me. I did my very best to please her ... gifts, drive her to hospital for regular checkup, ta-pao her favourite food all the way from Changi and yet ... *sigh*. Now I know why in the old TV show, the poor daughter-in-law had to jump into the well. Luckily, we're not staying with her. :D

LOL, opps sorry, i just have to laugh a little :) --- no well, try jump into the longkang and see if mother-in-law (MIL) will wake up, *hug hug*

to tell you the truth, my MIL used to be like that too. when we first got married [ok, let's be drama abit here], we were poor and i stayed at my bf's place. though she was never vocal about her displeasure, i felt it through her actions. when it came to dinner, it was obvious all the food went to my father-in-law and my bf - whatever i took, she would ask her husband and my partner to eat.

slowly i learned to curry her. tired or not, over the weekend, i would clean the whole house and make sure things were tidy. at times, i called her and told her not to cook cos i would take her out for dinner - of cos, bf and i conspired this :D i would, all the time, be paying [hahaha, but at her back, i asked bf to pay me back sometimes :oops: ]

chinese new year period i would take leave to spring clean the place. some years, i would paint the house and change some furniture. i did this even after we moved out. of course, with all these chores, my father in law appreciated me much earlier and so were my bf's siblings. they formed my cohort to champion me over my MIL. i guessed, she bohbian but to accept me eventually.

i still learn to curry her - especially when she is getting older. i guess old habit dies hard. though our relationship is much better, sometimes i still feel that she hopes her son will marry a woman instead. :D:o

hmm, mother oh mother .. they can be cute, yet pain sometimes but still, i respect her. ironically, she gives me and bf big angpow every year till now! :whistle:

Few like going away for this chinese new year. Every year the same, stay at home where my cousins and aunties will come visiting. My cousin (male) will then come sleep in my bed. (he is cute but NO i cannot sleep with him) Then i will be stuck in the situation that i have to go to the living room to entertain my relatives. :swear:

Gayuncle. If I can, I will throw her into the well first. hey, hey ...

Thanks for your story. You so poor thing too (previously). Let's create a "Desperate Son(daughter?)-in Law" club to meet and discuss how to deal with those MIL's. :angry:

• Guest locked this topic