Male HQ

Discussion Before / On / During Chinese New Year (compiled)

erection day

Guest mr smith

I read with interest an aritcle on various differnet star signs and their money fate this year. I was quite pleased to know that the year of the pig is going to be quite a good fiscal year for people born in the years of snake. It read that the snake people will make good money but also will tend to spend the money away quickly also. It's quite trune for me.

If you choose to buy from Bee Cheng Hiang, be aware that their pieces may be very tough, much like biting into leather. And there were just too many white batches of those fat-like tissues here and there in the 1kg that I brought. Not to mention too many odd small pieces sandwiched in between as well as black burnt edges.

The carrier bag they packed in gave way after I had walked away from the shop. Really disappointed thru and thru.

Guest GayUncle

It's been a long 2 weeks - changing curtains, painting some walls, spring cleaning, dusting, and now I am really feeling the CNY spirit. Not so much about meeting families and relatives but the good feeling of all things new and clean to receive more abundance and prosperity :D

Now can invite my mother in law and all the 'kaypohs' and show off. :rolleyes:

Tmr early morning i will be going to queue around 6am for Lim Chee Guan, every year need to wait at least 5 hours or more. i have been doing this for few years already. Very different expression when you give relatives or friends Lim Chee Guan & Bee Cheng Hiang.

Tmr early morning i will be going to queue around 6am for Lim Chee Guan, every year need to wait at least 5 hours or more. i have been doing this for few years already. Very different expression when you give relatives or friends Lim Chee Guan & Bee Cheng Hiang.

Wahlau 5-hrs line up? PSS is taking leave to queue for bakwa :oops:

I think for the Hongbao Draw, all 4D/Toto counters would be equally long queue too :angry:

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

that's the thing, Lim Chee Guan has became such a social icon that no one cares how good or bad the bak gua taste.

(with all due respect, their bak gua are good but personally felt that not outstanding)

hence the long queue to impress clients, boss, future father-in-laws etc

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

that's the thing, Lim Chee Guan has became such a social icon that no one cares how good or bad the bak gua taste.

(with all due respect, their bak gua are good but personally felt that not outstanding)

hence the long queue to impress clients, boss, future father-in-laws etc

Actually, i personally feel that other brands of bak gua taste better than Lim Chee Guan... i think queueing has been the Singaporean-way of life... like i know of some people.. dun know queue for what purpose.. queue first then find out later... :D:P

expanding further, this is the sad mentality of SG - herding effect.

if one see queue, one naturally thought of joining so that not to lose out.

you see it in Cityhall's donut (btw do one really like to queue half an hour for donuts?) lavender wanton noodles (till now dont see why the queue) now in Chinatown bak gua store

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

I really dun understand... The news reported people queueing at 4am!! They open at 9am!! and they bought at least 100 bags each! Come with lorries to bring the meat back... :blink::blink:

Guess we can only see this at CNY period...

Really brings out the National Hobbies - Queueing and Eating!!

I don't agree withe that, i don't like to queue for food, i will only do that every once a year, other thing sorry i won't.

Different people different taste, if you expect me to queue for other brand sorry i rather sleep at home.

4am to others is not a big deal though i never done that before, i ever chat with someone that bring their barang barang around 1am to wait. I know some workers there very early cos their boss ask them to queue for that.

We all know that there are other brand like 香味, 美珍香 etc, if ppl behave like what chub77 say, " dun know queue for what purpose.. queue first then find out later... " why only Lim Chee Guan & not the 香味 next door or near by shop having same?

We queue cos we know what we want, we pay what we like, & Lim Chee Guan not so cheap compare to others.

Its very simple. Don't just listen to what people tell you about which is better... try it yourself. Ask for samples. Its funny that because of the CNY queues, 香味, 美珍香 and 林志源 (Lim Chee Guan) won't give out any... but ask to try after the new year craze is over. I am not a big fan myself and honestly all the bak gua will taste alike after a while.

If only it was this easy to sample men. Next time go Diamond must make all the sexy uncles line up in a row with their cocks out so can sample a taste before I buy. :D

Well..

Always fail to understand why Bak Gua is a must during CNY..when these are available thru the year..

Rocket price, long q, valuable time goes into getting the sweet meat..

Does it really have to be Bak Gua to feel like CNY ?

And almost every family is offering Bak Gua to their guests..

I am alway on the look out for something different to serve my guest..

Next time go Diamond must make all the sexy uncles line up in a row with their cocks out so can sample a taste before I buy. :D

I wonder anyone will sex with someone that not his type just that the other party got thick & big cock for them to use? :P

I must have F&N orange soft drink during CNY. Drinking diet coke not the same feeling.

Yes!! :)

Our family must have orange juice during our renuion dinner. Cannot substitute. The whole dinner will be different without the orange juice. :)

And I personally MUST have Coke or Pepsi after the dinner or during the first 2 days of the New Year. Not because of the addiction, but because of their Chinese names... Coke = 可乐, Pepsi = 百事可乐, which means 'Can be happy' and 'All things happy'... :)

Buaya very pantang one... Hee... :lol:

i know... try the cheese bah gua..... hahaha... :D

have anyone tried that?... :P

The cheese bah gua is not so nice to treat guests leh... I think the packaging is a little too 'cheap' for CNY... and too 'kiddy' too... :P

However, the taste not bad lah... Very unique, the cheese is thick and the saltiness of the cheese brings out the sweetness of the bah gua... :)

However, the taste not bad lah... Very unique, the cheese is thick and the saltiness of the cheese brings out the sweetness of the bah gua... :)

Hmmmm, never tried this 'new venture' bakwa, angmoh mixed with chinese :oops: Don't know how it would taste?

Talk about innovative and creative food stuff, you need to give Taiwanese the thumbs up.

Where HK has their fermented Tofu, the Taiwanese will have 10 to 20 varieties of the same fermented Tofu. Then there is the mua-chee, where we only have one version, the Taiwanese will have another 10 - 20 version of the same mua-chee in different flavour, colours & tastes.

Guest Guest_Rain

Even an old lady at Petaling Street, KL Malaysia is more innovative than us.

She has mua chee in green tea, ribena, black sesame, original, lychee, mango..

Just look at the recent critics over the new serial at CH 8 ..

Creativities industry hard to survive in SIN

Which brand of pineapple tarts the best? I tried Glory brand before and it's quite nice but not specially great. Any recommendation?

You might try the pinnapple tarts selling at Pau Dian Pte Ltd (next to Bee Cheng Hiang at South Bridge Rd), it's quite good

Another one is De Hse at Far East Square (next to Citibank Church Str), very good but very expensive.

Another one is De Hse at Far East Square (next to Citibank Church Str), very good but very expensive.

I tried before that one, they called De Cooking House. It's good, the pineapple not so sweet but price, wow ........ I calculated the price almost $0.70 - 0.80 per piece.

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

I think I will go down this Sat afternoon to shop. Always got last minute clearance for the goodie stuff.

Yah lah, I also kena 'ketok' in Chinatown, bought a few CNY decorations like lantern, scroll, etc for $8-12 per piece and on the way back home pass-by at heartland market / shophouses, the same things cost between $2-3 per piece :angry: I think Sat's New Year Eve drop to $1 per piece :oops:

Never shop for anything in chinatown for CNY goodies. Prices jack up from 100%-200%!! You can check the prices in any HDB heartland! If u want to buy from chinatown for the festive mood. Go at the wee hours on the eve!! Only then the prices will go down to clear stock!!

Yah lah, I have learnt the lesson, in future just look see look see at Chinatown and would never buy there. I also don't know why, every year when CNY is around the corner, my mind always... hey must go and shop at Chinatown :blink:

Guest boy2man

Just wanna wish all of you here a Happy Chinese New Year! I've been in this forum for a while now and the diversity of topics and opinions here have really enriched me. Hope you all have a very very good 2007 ahead! :)

I am drunk so excuse me.

Had dinner with the rest of the moderators tonight. It was fun as it is the first time I had met GM (RSM really stand for "Really Slutty Moderator") for the first time and I had not seen Hendry for about a year.

It was good to meet a new friend and catch up with old ones.

Return home and went to meet up with some shopkeeper friends who are opened till late tonight. Brought two Chivas Regal along and had a early new year celebration with them. That's how I got drunk.

For the uninformed, it was an old tradition for shopkeepers and market stallholders to keep their shops/stalls open overnight the day before the eve of Chinese New Year. I guess it was to allow people who need to shop at the last minute. They will open until about mid-day of New Year's eve and then close for the holidays. I wonder if this tradition is same in China, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Taiwan, or is it a uniquely Singapore tradition.

For some shopkeepers like my friend and his fellow shopkeepers, it is a time to celebrate among themselves. The tradition is observed to some extent, but I don't think they are open all night long. In any case, for the group of shopkeepers tonight, they were spending their time eating, drinking and merry making. I had great fun hanging out with them tonight.

Did I say I am drunk?? :oops: :hat: :smokin:

I wish everyone a HAPPY and HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

For those, like me, who have forgotten some of the superstitions associated with CNY, below is an interesting summary.

The entire house should be cleaned before New Year's Day. On New Year's Eve, all brooms, brushes, dusters, dust pans and other cleaning equipment are put away. Sweeping or dusting should not be done on New Year's Day for fear that good fortune will be swept away. After New Year's Day, the floors may be swept. Beginning at the door, the dust and rubbish are swept to the middle of the parlor, then placed in the corners and not taken or thrown out until the fifth day. At no time should the rubbish in the corners be trampled upon. In sweeping, there is a superstition that if you sweep the dirt out over the threshold, you will sweep one of the family away. Also, to sweep the dust and dirt out of your house by the front entrance is to sweep away the good fortune of the family; it must always be swept inwards and then carried out, then no harm will follow. All dirt and rubbish must be taken out the back door.

Bringing In the New Year and Expelling the Old

Shooting off firecrackers on New Year's Eve is the Chinese way of sending out the old year and welcoming in the New Year. On the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve, every door in the house, and even windows, have to be open to allow the old year to go out.

New Year Activities Set Precendent

All debts had to paid by this time. Nothing should be lent on this day, as anyone who does so will be lending all the year. Back when tinder and flint were used, no one would lend them on this day or give a light to others.

Everyone should refrain from using foul language and bad or unlucky words. Negative terms and the word "four" (Ssu), which sounds like the word for death, are not to be uttered. Death and dying are never mentioned and ghost stories are totally taboo. References to the past year are also avoided as everything should be turned toward the New Year and a new beginning.

If you cry on New Year's day, you will cry all through the year. Therefore, children are tolerated and are not spanked, even though they are mischievous.

Personal Appearance and Cleanliness

On New Year's Day, we are not suppose to wash our hair because it would mean we would have washed away good luck for the New Year. Red clothing is preferred during this festive occasion. Red is considered a bright, happy color, sure to bring the wearer a sunny and bright future. It is believed that appearance and attitude during New Year's sets the tone for the rest of the year. Children and unmarried friends, as well as close relatives are given lai see, little red envelopes with crisp one dollar bills inserted, for good fortune.

More New Year Superstitions

For those most superstitious, before leaving the house to call on others, the Almanac should be consulted to find the best time to leave the home and the direction which is most auspicious to head out.

The first person one meets and the first words heard are significant as to what the fortunes would be for the entire year. It is a lucky sign to see or hear songbirds or red-colored birds or swallows.

It is considered unlucky to greet anyone in their bedroom so that is why everyone, even the sick, should get dressed and sit in the living room.

Do not use knives or scissors on New Year's Day as this may cut off fortune.

Lung-Kanasai-ker,

Wait till I stripped you naked and let you run around the parade sq then u know.  :D

I out rank you so...... :smokin:

Posted by GM on Feb.5th, on the BW gathering thread....

Do you think they dare to disobey a strict RSM (awaiting promotion to be officer) like me? Think again. This enchik is fcuking "on" ok. Don't play play.  :)

GM was "promoted" on Feb. 12th 2007.

So I say to the former RSM....HELLO....you seow ah? Promoted to officer oredi still calling yourself RSM? :P

Sorry....back to Chinese New Year celebrations. :):) :hat: :smokin:

Just saw this. Excellent ad. Brought tears to my eyes. Turn on the sound to enjoy the song.

The song playing on the clip was called 約定 (Appointment / Date / Meeting) it is by 光良Guang Liang.

The above posted by GM in another thread. Good song right? Remind us to be contrite and to remember our obligations, and what CNY should be all about.

• Guest locked this topic