Male HQ

Photography Enthusiasts + Photographer's Group (Compiled)

qiange

The place is called Matilda House. Used to belong to the maternal grandmother of the Cashin family. You'll find the gravestone of Cashin in a corner of Fort Canning.

I'll be doing the gathering in late Nov. Outing-wise, it'll be as and when my work allows, so may be rather short notice.....

anyone want to go shoot graves?

or do macro?

Ah so that's matilda house.

I'd prefer something that doesn't involve insects, if it does i'll probably hang back and wait for everyone to shoot finish, haha.

Guest Marad44
... Punggol had a lot of nice spots... most of them got replaced... Below are just some samples off my archives to share...
The magical charm of yester-Singapore beautifully enshrined in digital archive. Well gone MPrince, the future Singaporeans will have you to thank for these records of past Singapore!
It you want to shoot beaches, think the turn of the tide's 30-minute window is the best. A sturdy tripod and 30- to 90-second exposures are expected if you want to get the smoky milky look.
Thanks for the pointer MP.

If you say that then I better go and dig a hole and hid lolsss...

Aiyo. Why say that? Learn and grow lor. I started shooting like that too, and had to learn and grow from there. PhotoShop is just a tool. How you use it and how much you choose to use it is up to you mah.

I'd prefer something that doesn't involve insects, if it does i'll probably hang back and wait for everyone to shoot finish, haha.

Wahahahah.... okie. I'll make sure you stay away from the insects.

Actually, I was thinking of doing the gathering/outing in a more accessible suburban area. The sandwich you see in the post above was from a lovely little cafe I found there. And the area itself has an abundance of subjects from everyone. ;)

Instagram @the_meowprince

Smokestack_by_ArkkySan.jpg

Bridge_over_troubled_waters_by_ArkkySan.jpg

Another few to share, nothing much really.

These two have potential. The chimney can do with a little bit more dodging/burning for a more dynamic contrast.

Its the bridge that I like. If this was in color, it'd stand out against the sky. That'd be perfect. But as it is, you can crop it a little closer, ie, crop off 15% of the right hand side, so that the vertical element is nearer the edge. You end up drawing the focus to the diagonals and the sky which will make the picture stand out so much more. Less Is More applies here.

Encore!

These two have potential. The chimney can do with a little bit more dodging/burning for a more dynamic contrast.

Its the bridge that I like. If this was in color, it'd stand out against the sky. That'd be perfect. But as it is, you can crop it a little closer, ie, crop off 15% of the right hand side, so that the vertical element is nearer the edge. You end up drawing the focus to the diagonals and the sky which will make the picture stand out so much more. Less Is More applies here.

Encore!

will try to find the originals for the photos.was taken two years back and i have a feeling the photos were on the HDD that crashed.

Outings eh, I'm a shy person leh, haha :P I will keep in view first for now, but evening times chilling out at a cafe sounds great. Sharing a few more photos (all really old photos because I haven't been shooting lately) far_away_by_arkkysan-d2xjhkk.jpgdistance_by_arkkysan-d2xgfvy.jpgpunggol_beach_panorama_by_arkkysan-d2xh6vu.pngPunggol_Beach_Sunset_Pano_by_ArkkySan.png Last one has a curved horizon which i didn't know how to correct back then :P I really love Punggol Beach. Haven't been there in a while, must go visit soon, since you can see sunrise and sunset from one place, which to me is damned awesome.

Pretty spectacular the photos.... <3 pungoal bitch ah rem went there with a friend for his photography assignment. drenched throughout the whole session lol.

Art makes the world go round! Love is the entirety of it!

blog: www.confusedfella.blogspot.com

Some photos I took recently at Pasir Ris Bitch with my point and shoot camera.

IMG_9098.jpg

IMG_9095.jpg

IMG_9093.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

Nothing spectacular, just felt the scenery there intrigued me enough so I just started snapping when I could.

Art makes the world go round! Love is the entirety of it!

blog: www.confusedfella.blogspot.com

Some photos I took recently at Pasir Ris Bitch with my point and shoot camera.

IMG_9098.jpgIMG_9093.jpg

Nothing spectacular, just felt the scenery there intrigued me enough so I just started snapping when I could.

These two are so pretty but the exposure is a little under for me. But still :clap:

Edited by Impere

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

Guest Marad44
Some excerpts from both this morning and yesterday's random shots I got walking around

Terrific!

A suggestion: It would be nice to read notes on each photo, like Exif, weather condition. They would be good lessons for everyone else. :thumb:

Meow Price! im a fan of all your photography... I tried to capture some amazing shots with shutter speed but fail miserably...

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

What do u mean?

I mean when u shoot pic with slow shutter speed, do u use nd filters? Can i get the cheap one? Any advise?

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

I mean when u shoot pic with slow shutter speed, do u use nd filters? Can i get the cheap one? Any advise?

depending on the thread size, number of stops and brand, can cost 100+ for a good one. i'd rather you get a good 77mm filter and step-up/down rings so you only need one filter. if you want i can find out price for you, if you wanna buy get from me okay :P

Edited by Wolfe

Is the cake meant to be like that?

i like the depth of field but imo should take pictures of food before eating, unless you want to show it's internal structure (like say cakes with hollow, melty centres etc).

but that's just me.

i like the feel of cake been eating in small bite..

focus seems a bit off (again, personal opinion: the fork seems to be more in focus than the cake itself. i think it would be better if the cake were in better focus) in the second picture, but i like the framing. (Y)

or maybe my eyes are filing me. ahaha.

Edited by Wolfe

focus seems a bit off (again, personal opinion: the fork seems to be more in focus than the cake itself. i think it would be better if the cake were in better focus) in the second picture, but i like the framing. (Y)

or maybe my eyes are filing me. ahaha.

Haha I think we shouldn't be so critical of each other, I mean, we put our works up for appreciation not as some assignments to be graded.

I see that you might want to 'teach' him some tips but I think as the photographer himself, he should already know the problems (or the lack of).

(:

P.S. I think if we want our works to be critiqued, we would ask for comments. (:

Edited by Impere

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

i dun mind ppl comment on my photo. if the person dun like my photo, i cannot say anything. different ppl different style of seeing the photo

(: I am just saying it generally. I am pretty harsh when it is up for critique though :twisted:

Haha I think we shouldn't be so critical of each other, I mean, we put our works up for appreciation not as some assignments to be graded.

I see that you might want to 'teach' him some tips but I think as the photographer himself, he should already know the problems (or the lack of).

(:

P.S. I think if we want our works to be critiqued, we would ask for comments. (:

Actually, the moment u post a pic, it will be open to the judgement of anyone who sees it.

If you do not wish to be judged or commented upon, then u may want to keep it out of public view.

If one only wishes to be pat on the back for his photos, then show them only to people who would pat his back and nothing else. But expect to never grow in that case.

Part reason why I offered earlier to do a sharing session is to lend a face to critique. And if anyone here is keen, the session remains open. By the same token if one is too thin-skinned to take comments, then dont post photos... no one can say u are crappy becoz no one can see it so. :D

(this so tiring to type on my fone....)

wondering if you guys (those who use DSLR) shoot it in RAW then edit the pictures individually or just shoot jpeg n edit?

I'm usually on RAW+JPEG mode. my SD card has enough space for me usually. If I know I'm going on burst mode i will switch to jpeg, and if i have something specific in mind (like HDR), i will use RAW (because either i'm too lazy or i don't have a tripod to do bracketing).

@imchaser - ahhh... yes I do use ND filter... albeit cheapo hoyas. Which Wolfe has said correctly cost $135for a 77mm one.

@Wolfe - u are right. Sunny f16 does apply. Though I do not always use it... ;)

@kreme - yes I use a DSLR, but I shoot in jpeg. Only at work do I go RAW, and only when I have a need to do so. :)

@jun|or - wolfe has said it. Your focus is off. Watch yr composition also. U are not flattering the food.