Male HQ

What Is Your Choice?

Guest Trouble Guy

Guest Trouble Guy

Will you choose for a post paying you up to $7K per month in the next 5 years but working under stressful environment and require managing difficult subordinates?

Or you rather choose for a post where you do not need to answer to anyone, just do whatever you need to so and no need to manage anyone but pay $6K per month?

Btw I am 40 y/o and do not have any finance burden like housing loan or car loan except need to pay about $1K per month for insurance. Basically I am look forward to a semi-retirement in the next few years.

So what will you choose?

Will you choose for a post paying you up to $7K per month in the next 5 years but working under stressful environment and require managing difficult subordinates?

Or you rather choose for a post where you do not need to answer to anyone, just do whatever you need to so and no need to manage anyone but pay $6K per month?

Btw I am 40 y/o and do not have any finance burden like housing loan or car loan except need to pay about $1K per month for insurance. Basically I am look forward to a semi-retirement in the next few years.

So what will you choose?

$6K, cos managing myself is much easier. Life is too short to be stressed up all the time.

So what will you choose?

Does "pay $6K per month" means something like self-employed or entrepreneurship? Doing something one likes really can be rewarding sometimes.

Personally, I find that there isn't any financial issues here. When money isn't the issue, isn't happiness the crucial factor now? You have a plan in mind and that is a semi-retirement in the coming years. With no financial burden, insurance for safeguard, I would choose the 2nd option if I were you.

I feel that stressful environment and managing difficult subordinates are detrimental to the health and health happens to be something you can't buy even with money. Hence, no matter how much you're paid, whether is it $7K or $777777K, it isn't sound appealing to me. Moreover, I doubt happiness can easily be sought in such an hostile environment where you have to crack your brain planning how to deal with those subordinates, surviving and managing yourself well and coping with the stresses. Some more, it's not 1 or 2 years but 5 years!

40 y/o is the age where olden period is slowly approaching. If circumstances permit, I would rather it be as comfortable as possible. I'm sure many guys have worked all their life to obtain all they have had when they're in their 40s. It's after all your life. I think that doing a job where you don't have to answer to anybody is the best option to fit all criteria.

Happy semi-retirement =D

Guest dunnowhattodo

I'm in a similar predicament, only my option is between a 6K (GLC) and 10K (SME) position. I'm a bit younger and haven't got much of a retirement plan. Also considering the 6K position is stable (at least for the next 15 yrs) but the 10K position might not be that stable esp considering global uncertainty. Thing is I'm worried if I get laid off from the 10K position, it'll be harder to secure a job considering I'll be older in a few years. Any insights anyone?

Take the $6K job. $1K more is not worth the unnecessary bullshit. The stress you gonna get may just wake up cancer cells lying dormant in our bodies. I am serious.

i totally agreed with this. 12000 per year can be saving but if your body take a toll and ended up unhealthy, you probably need 24000 to look after it. Health is priceless.

I had been in the same line for so many years and it was getting meaningless. I made a radical decision.

I had a change of job recently and the pay was much lesser than what I used to get. Of course at my age, money is no longer the main concern. Now I have more time with my ailing mother. I am returning to the gym once again too.

So to balance the equation, you need to ask yourself, which option is a better choice for the next few years.

• Guest locked this topic