Male HQ

H&m In Singapore

GKS

http://lifestyle.xin...umentid=5168646

By Min Yan, LifestyleAsia.com, 17/08/2011

H&M to Open in Singapore on 3 September 2011

H&M to make its official debut opening at Orchard Building on 3 Sept

861E55A56BC8FDD6D439B59BD7AED.jpg

We've been feeling the buzz of excitement in the local fashion scene for months now ever since H&M made its announcement to - finally! - set up shop here in Singapore. Our appetites were whetted further when they allowed a sneak preview of the Fall/Winter 2011 collection , and when news of a collaboration between H&M and fashion giant Versace for their autumn designer collection hit the web. The wait is over now.

Mark your calendars, as come 3 September 2011, the massively popular H&M will open the doors of its 30,000 square feet space that spans across three levels, located at Orchard Building to fans, officiating its Southeast Asian debut.

"We are happy to finally open our first store in Singapore," says Karl-Johan Persson, CEO at H&M. "This opening marks H&M’s first step into Southeast Asia and we see great potential for expansion in this fashion conscious region."

About time, we say. And while we don't enjoy the seasonal weathers, and consequently, the fashion that comes along with it, H&M is confident of the popularity of its Fall/Winter collection.

"I’m particularly fond of our autumn collection because it’s so easy to wear, so grown up yet totally of the moment and with such great fashion attitude," says Ann Sofie Johansson, Head of design at H&M.

Style connoisseurs can look forward to clothes in the style of the 70s, with longer lengths and wide trousers paired with chic blouses and comfy knits, in the colour palette of distinguished browns, camel, burgundies and cream. An array of leather accessories will help complete any outfit.

Where are you going to be on 3 September?

Edited by GKS

Hmm but i saw the Men's selection online... quite plain tees duncha think? A little dissapointed on the inside but i guess it's best to wait for the real thing lol Edit: to insert webbie: http://www.hm.com/sg/

are you sure bro? lol. =) trust me la... =) i already seen all the clothes in the store.

My friend says that H&M is the Giordano or Bossini of Sweden and I don't really trust cheap things so the chances of me getting anything there is close to nil. Haha

Untrue. When I was in Denmark and Sweden, H&M is rather popular among the young and the working generations. It's somewhat a representative of Northern and Central European fashion - simply marketed at an affordable price.

If the world don't suck we'd all fall off.

I've been to the H & M in HK previously. Went in December so a lot winterwear, sweaters and thick jackets etc

Bought some decent work shirts and some ties which I felt were better quality than Zara IMO. H&M have had collaboration with Lanvin, Jimmy Choo and Stella McCartney in recent times but nothing to really interest me, to be quite honest.

What's the difference between H&M and Zara and Top Shop and Uniqlo? They all look the same, and almost same price range too...

Agree. These are decent brands offering some reasonably priced casual and formal wear but really nothing to shout from the rooftops about. Just another global retailer with slick marketing.

I think it will end up the same fate as Uniqlo. Just another apparel retail brand in Singapore.

H&M still very new in s'pore, and everything which is new in s'pore always attract many pple. After sometime H&M will end up like Uniqlo.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

I personally like H&M.. Came back from HK last mth with alot of stuff from sunglasses, to shirts, to berms, all from H&M. Well, plain clothes suit my preference i guess.

However, the pricing in our local H & M store is pretty jacked up as compared to the prices of apparels in HK. Prolly because our SGD is stronger than HKD?

I don't think i'll frequent Sg's H&M. I'll just wait till i fly to HK agn in a couple of mths time and purchase H & M items from there.

I personally like H&M.. Came back from HK last mth with alot of stuff from sunglasses, to shirts, to berms, all from H&M. Well, plain clothes suit my preference i guess. However, the pricing in our local H & M store is pretty jacked up as compared to the prices of apparels in HK. Prolly because our SGD is stronger than HKD? I don't think i'll frequent Sg's H&M. I'll just wait till i fly to HK agn in a couple of mths time and purchase H & M items from there.

Which part of HK does H&M located?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

My friend says that H&M is the Giordano or Bossini of Sweden and I don't really trust cheap things so the chances of me getting anything there is close to nil. Haha

Oh yeah, tell the world you are a snob. Great. Very classy - not.

If you have a look at the label of your clothes, even branded goods are made in sweat shops in somewhere like Indonesia, Bangladesh or China. Many of Nike shoes for example, are made in sweatshops in Indonesia but by the time they end up in your flashy sports store in your mall, the prices don't reflect that at all - you just have the small print at the bottom of your shoe box that says, "made in Indonesia".

Now I have checked the label of some of my H&M stuff and I found the label 'made in China'. Oh I suppose that's not high class enough for you. But wait, Apple's iPhones, iPads, iPods etc are mostly churned out of Chinese factories as well - so if H&M isn't atas enough for you, then you've got to chuck your iPhone, iPad and iPod into the bin right now.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter where the stuff is made - the price you pay depends on the amount they pay for the marketing, the branding, the shop retail space, how much they pay the staff etc. A dress from Vivienne Westwood is not priced the way it is because Ms Westwood uses gold thread and diamond sequins - no, you pay for the branding and the prestige that comes with the fact that it's a Vivienne Westwood. In any case, H&M would need to maintain standards in their production line 'cos if they clothes start falling apart after a few washes, then they would not have survived as long as they have in Europe and done this well.

So you can take your snobbery and stuff it. Buying expensive clothes doesn't give you class, class is not something you can buy like a $5000 pair of shoes - it's something others confer onto you, like respect.

The HK outlet is abt 5 min walk from Central MTR- can't really remember the exact MTR exit but u can't miss it- quite a prominent location.

A decent selection of stuff

Finally went to sg H&M to look see look see, find tht the selection for men clothing not many, and seems like the pattern they are selling doesn't really appeal to me. So now wonder how is the selection in HK H&M? Issit the same range?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I am generally out of the 'brands' stage, (I was a few years back). H&M do offers some interesting designs, but I feel that the pricing is a little on the high side. Do check it out though, a whole 'mall' for one brand is pretty cool.

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

guess like things in Singapore, the faze and craze for H&M went fast.

Now no need to queue, can enter as and when. Places is big with 3 levels but dedication is still towards women.

There are 2 price range for men's, the lower range eg $18 for the Oxford shirt is cheap but material rather lousy, whereas the better ones cost more.

I prefer the H&M in the US, the range is better and the price, from what I recall, is cheaper as well

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb: