Male HQ

Taiwan Celebrities - News And Gossip 台灣明星新聞和八卦 (Compiled)

So many good looking guys in this Taiwan TV serial 爱.

My female collegues find these guys very attractive (including those middle age ones eg: the one called 戊己.) They are attracted to their clean cut looks and well groomed looks.

There is another Taiwan TV serial showing now called 金色摩天轮. There are 2 actors in this show who also look very looking but don't know their names.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

12853.jpg

You don't have to sleep your way up

by Tan Kee Yun

AN offer to sleep one's way up to success and fame - you can't stop it from coming, but you can choose to walk away from it.

That's the stand of veteran Taiwanese artiste Chen Meifeng, who has more than 30 years of experience in showbiz.

In a phone interview with The New Paper ahead of her concert here, the 54-year-old actress-host, described by the media in Taiwan as the "Most Beautiful Obasan (Japanese for aunty)" there, was candid and upfront on the sensitive topic.

Two weeks ago, South Korea was rocked by explosive details in the late actress Jang Ja Yeon's letters, in which she claimed her management company had forced her to give sexual favours to more than 31 men.

Jang, best known for her role in idol drama Boys Over Flowers, committed suicide in December 2009.

Said Chen: "You simply can't avoid it... in Taiwan."

Young, pretty female celebrities inevitably receive offers to give sexual favours, in exchange for riches and a smoother career path.

"It often starts out as a casual invitation to dinner, but you'll soon realise that the other party's intentions aren't so innocent."

Chen, who will be performing with veteran singer Sakura and child sensation Xiao Xiao Bin in the Super Hits Concert this Sunday, has her own experience to share.

She was approached during her younger years with illicit offers. Chen said she flatly declined all of them, but "didn't feel angry or insulted".

She added: "Right from the start, I knew it wasn't in me to accept something like that."

After a slight pause, she said: "When it comes to work, you have to believe Lady Luck will find you someday.

"I got my big break late in my career. In my younger days, I didn't earn a lot.

"Nevertheless, I was very happy as I got to indulge in my passion (for acting and compering). That was good enough."

Today, Chen is hot property, hosting her popular cooking show A Date With Meifeng, being the ambassador of lifestyle brand Osim and taking on lead roles in Hokkien soap operas such as Love and Night Market Life.

The family-themed Night Market Life, which sees her playing a selfless mother of two, is showing over Channel 8 on weekends at 7pm.

Chen, who has had a boyfriend for 10 years, laughed when we asked if she feels flattered by her "Most Beautiful Obasan" moniker.

"Of course I love it, it's warm and friendly," she said jovially.

"Besides, there are many beautiful female celebrities in Taiwan, but not many are my age."

She takes the "obasan" label in stride, despite its reference to a middle-aged woman.

"There was one time when I bumped into a few young fans on the street," recalled Chen.

"They instantly blurted out: 'Meifeng-Jie (meaning sister in Mandarin), you are the most beautiful...' and suddenly stopped mid-sentence.

"They looked a bit shy to say 'obasan', fearing that I didn't like to be called old.

"But I really did not mind it one bit, I even completed the sentence for them!"

This article was first published in The New Paper.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Coco Lee involved in traffic accident

LOS ANGELES: Taiwan singer Coco Lee was involved in a traffic accident on Tuesday in Los Angeles.

Lee and her sister were in a taxi when a reckless driver rammed into their vehicle.

"That driver turned left at a junction without any traffic lights. She only looked right and did not look left at all so she didn't see us, really reckless," said Lee, recounting the details of the accident on her micro-blog on Thursday.

"At the time, when I saw the whole event unfold before me, I knew I was in trouble and prayed that the driver would stop but she didn’t and rammed straight into us."

Lee, who will wed Canadian businessman Bruce Philip Rockowitz in October later this year, managed to emerge from this mishap unscathed.

However, her sister had to be sent to hospital after the impact of the collision caused her to hit her head against the taxi’s windscreen.

"The police and the ambulance arrived. As I saw my sister on the stretcher, I was really afraid I might lose her," said Lee, who had since returned to Hong Kong.

"Traffic accidents are truly frightening. You feel helpless. Please drive safely and please spare a though for others!"

The 36-year-old singer expressed that her sister is now fine but will undergo further medical tests in Hong Kong.

-CNA/ha

She is only 36 yo this yr?

I always knew that she was born in 1970 since she first join showbiz in 1993.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 2 months later...
Guest imseeker

Shu Qi complains about Changi Airport security staff's service attitude.

From Shu Qi's microblog

又飛囉 mb_org.gif 但還是要說一聲!新加坡gate的tray檢查人員的服務態度真需要改進!

translation: "I'm flying again! But I have to say this, the security personnel at the Singapore airport terminal gate really need to improve their service attitude!"

5frIG.jpg

OdjLG.jpg

Guest imseeker

gosh she's so damn pretty lah! she didn't really mention how the gate personnel pissed her off though :blink:

I'm sure the Indian lady security personnel in that pic already did something to piss her off before she took the photo. Otherwise why would she take a photo of the scanning area? :ph34r:

Guest Anti shuQi

In the first place, I dot think you are allowed to take any pics in such secure areas. The indian lady is probably asking her not take any pics and ShuQi interpreted that as bad attitude!! Pretty girls with boobs have no brains!

Guest true

It true. These airport security officers act like mini LKYs, rude and highhanded, to them everyone is a potential terrorist.

Even HK airport security are more polite than them.

Guest Guest

It true. These airport security officers act like mini LKYs, rude and highhanded, to them everyone is a potential terrorist.

Even HK airport security are more polite than them.

Yes agree , they are kind of rude and fierce 。really like those ah hua, ah Beng but with license lol

I agree that the security personnel at Changi's security checkpoints are the rudest ones I've encountered so far (in most other countries, they may be curt, but still professional).

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

Guest Guest

Lucky she met an Indian Lady security who does not know who she is. If she encounter an Ah-Chik security who watched her Cat III movie before, she's likely to get a body search. :whistle:

Changi airport honestly employ more and more dumb foreigner and lack of training.personally encounter few times.the last one was i was rejected to go in because i had a online boarding pass print!and it was stamped for verification by the airline staff!how irritating!i blame on changi management too.

i agree totally, very unprofessional. I was passing thru the scanning gate and forgot to remove my mobile phone. then the 'beep' sound came. the security checked on me and discovered i did not put the mobile on the basket and she said: "very good, can forget some more..."

older4younger

Guest Centrino

Changi airport honestly employ more and more dumb foreigner and lack of training.personally encounter few times.the last one was i was rejected to go in because i had a online boarding pass print!and it was stamped for verification by the airline staff!how irritating!i blame on changi management too.

Just for your info, due to security concerns, Changi only employs Singaporeans for their security and immigration personnel...get your facts right before you complain...or else you might end up sounding silly.

Edited by Centrino

Guest Centrino

I agree that the security personnel at Changi's security checkpoints are the rudest ones I've encountered so far (in most other countries, they may be curt, but still professional).

Have you encountered the security personnel in the U.S. airports? If you have, you'd think Changi's security officers are angels... I've never had issues with the security staff at Changi before...maybe it's because I always remove my keys, metal objects from my pockets in advance, and remove my laptop before placing them in the Xray...

If you know the drill, it makes life so much easier...

Edited by Centrino

Guest imseeker

Have you encountered the security personnel in the U.S. airports? If you have, you'd think Changi's security officers are angels...

No offence but I feel we should be comparing upwards rather than downwards... :B)

Guest Centrino

No offence but I feel we should be comparing upwards rather than downwards... :B)

No offence taken...ok, then everyone should compare their security personnel with the Japanese.

I had quite an unpleasant experience with an immigration lady officer in Japan.

I only stated "Hotel" in the immigration form but not the exact names of the hotels as I was firstly on a packaged tour and also will be staying in a few hotels in the different parts of Hokaido. However, the lady told me off rather rudely "U must know!".

:o

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest imseeker

Did you guys notice that in the first pic, the 2 male security officers are standing back facing her and the scanning screen can be seen? This means the picture is most likely taken AFTER (and not before) she had crossed the security gate.

Why would she take a picture of the security gate AFTER she had crossed security, if she wasn't pissed off about something? :unsure:

changi airport rude? omg. Americans are the worst. once i seen a chinese asked the officer can he borrow a pen, the officer asked passangers loudly does ANYONE HAS A PEN to lend that poor fellow! i was detained at Holland airport for no reason, was only let off with like 20mins to departure of my connecting flight. HK airport staff are not polite either. aint she a known diva?

Guest Black_Hat

I only stated "Hotel" in the immigration form but not the exact names of the hotels as I was firstly on a packaged tour and also will be staying in a few hotels in the different parts of Hokaido. However, the lady told me off rather rudely "U must know!".

Unlike you I felt that the Japanese immigration officers were polite and welcoming, distant but still professional. Maybe yours was just an anomaly.

And if you were on a packaged tour , aren't you supposed to be informed of the places of accommodation beforehand when you received your itinerary?

For multi cities trip, i usually fill in the first hotel since they are able to trace you if they need to.

I have seen the worst security officers in at Heathrow who treat every passenger in the line with least respect. It irks me so much I try not to transit in London whenever possible.

On the other hand, if u know the drill, it will be a breeze.

- all metal objects and mobile devices in bag.

- standby laptop (cover removed) and ipads to be put in a separate tray.

- never queue behind family with young children, especially those with prams.

Guest Guest

Just for your info, due to security concerns, Changi only employs Singaporeans for their security and immigration personnel...get your facts right before you complain...or else you might end up sounding silly.

They are cisco staff and they can be foreigner!

Guest imseeker

maybe the lady officer had a nasty day... :unsure:

Unlike you I felt that the Japanese immigration officers were polite and welcoming, distant but still professional. Maybe yours was just an anomaly.

And if you were on a packaged tour , aren't you supposed to be informed of the places of accommodation beforehand when you received your itinerary?

Yes, I already knew it. But what if I have not confirmed the hotels? Eg, if I go to Msia or Thailand, I might not confirm the hotel but would walk in to try my luck? In this case, how would I have the exact names?

The point is, dont think it is right for her to be so rude. Dont forget, tourists are the ones contributing to their salary.

Customers Service Module 101.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Yes, I already knew it. But what if I have not confirmed the hotels? Eg, if I go to Msia or Thailand, I might not confirm the hotel but would walk in to try my luck? In this case, how would I have the exact names?

The point is, dont think it is right for her to be so rude. Dont forget, tourists are the ones contributing to their salary.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

If no tourists, she will have to sell her wares at Roppongi.

Guest 黑玫瑰重出江湖

週刊爆:蘇打綠青峰男男戀 一夜情簡訊曝光

〔本報訊〕據週刊報導,有讀者爆料,他上月底在夜店內撿到一支蘇打綠主唱青峰的手機,還發現裡面有多達30多封青峰與另名男子的露骨簡訊,內容多充滿性暗示,對方還挑逗地寫下男同志的性愛體位,暗示想跟青峰發生一夜情。對此,青峰的經紀人閻柔怡回應,該手機號碼確為青峰所有,但已許久未使用,未來將會查明真相,確定簡訊內來往是否屬實。

報導指出,該名撿到青峰手機的民眾,將簡訊內容放上網路,其中幾封便為與青峰曖昧的男子主動邀約他一起泡澡,先問青峰「你說你不愛10,那只跟我69是嗎?」,不僅如此,該男再積極追問,「之前你要來找我,難道沒有想嗎?直接全壘打吧!我知你怕痛,那我們就...」,簡訊文字極富性暗示。

針對該男的連番攻勢,青峰則以幾封略帶遲疑口吻的簡訊回應他,「看氣氛啊,當然從抱抱親親開始啊,開始就直接一起洗澡太害羞了啦」;「所以這麼直接講會害羞,含蓄一點嘛」,該週刊也向手機失主取得聯繫,證實確為青峰所有。

青峰傳出男男戀,並和男子互傳一夜情邀約簡訊的消息後,蘇打綠的經紀人閻柔怡表示,該手機號碼確為青峰對外聯絡所使用的號碼,但她提到,青峰前陣子忙父親後事,手機已許久並未使用,懷疑簡訊遭人惡作劇,經紀公司將會查明真相。

http://www.8news.com.tw/archives/25079

Guest Suzie

She just mention bad service... But what service exactly is she looking for in the security? It's not some shop or fastfood outlet that should have good customer service... It's security, Maybe they were firm but not rude and she's not happy with it.. What did she expect to get?? By the way no photography is allowed ard the screening area.. She just went against the regulation I guess.. Dumb!

As a frequent traveller, i would rather have cecurity personnel who do their jobs, firmly and fairly and that means no exceptions made, even for mini celebrities like shu qi,

Oh copme on, if bigger stars and celebrities like madonna or Jolie can submit themselves to security checks and the accompanying inconvenience for the sake of safety and security of the whole plane of passengers , i don't see why Shu Qi should complain.

And if she doens't like it, she can always buy a corporate jet and fly by herself and she can always buy and pay for private security to do the screening at departure.

What, you dont say. Shu Qi's personal worth wealth cannot buy a private corporate jet yet.

Well , she can always use the money printing machine located between her legs , the pink and hairy one down there can be used to hook up with some rising rich, connected entrepreneur from China. they will bankroll a private jet for her.

OOPpps! the last I check, she has offended the mainland mother china, when she asserted her taiwan aboriginal roots and said she will never step into china and she is all for Taiwan independence and said Taiwan aborigines owe no loyalty and allegiance to mother China.

She is screwed , no where to go .

Guest quintus

A few years back, when i was returning home from my vacation in Korea with my mum, i had met with one of the rudest SIA staff at Changi airport. As i was busy finding my missing lugguage at the baggage pick up point, my mum had went around to look for a trolley to load our luggages. She walk a fair distance from me but still within my sight and found a trolley.

From far, i could see that she is having problem figuring out how to release the locks on the wheel of the trolley and was wondering in vain on how to move it. A SIA staff ( a girl wearing SIA uniform) then passes by, stop and start talking to my mom. At first, i thought she was offering to help my mum but her facial expression and hand gestures soon tells me otherwise. Her facial expression was that of a very irritated person and she was gesticulating in a manner that seems like she was lecturing someone.

I quickly walks towards my mum to find out what had happened, but by the time i reached her, the SIA staff had walked off to approach a caucasian man who is looking lost. I asked my mum what had happened and she told me that the SIA staff had scolded her for not knowing even how to use a trolley.

I was very angry at the SIA staff who had bullied her, my mum is already in her late fifties and i felt that anyone who would see a old lady having problem using a trolley would be emphathetic enough to give her help willingly without asking instead of lecturing her rudely.

As i tried to confront the the SIA staff, my mum pulled me back and said that we should find our missing luggage first and she doesn't want me to get into any argument. From a distance, i could still see her helpng the caucasian foreigner, but this time she was smiling and nodding courteously to the caucasian men, her attitude was a 180 degree change from when had talk to my mum.

At the end of the conversation, she even did a slight bow and waves goodbye courteously to the cacuasian foreigner when he walks away.

I did not confront her as i do not wish to upset my mum any further. i did post a feedback to SIA but was not responded to at all.

Somehow, from that moment on, i had felt that SIA's standard of service is not what it is used to be and currently the new SIA staff are simply the worst service provider.

By the way, i wish that bitch would be treated the same way when she is old or better yet be raped by perverts.

On 7/4/2011 at 7:41 PM, Guest said:

Lucky she met an Indian Lady security who does not know who she is. If she encounter an Ah-Chik security who watched her Cat III movie before, she's likely to get a body search. :whistle:

Edited by steelwings

On 7/7/2011 at 1:29 AM, quintus said:

Somehow, from that moment on, i had felt that SIA's standard of service is not what it is used to be and currently the new SIA staff are simply the worst service provider.

Edited by steelwings

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.