Male HQ

One Of The Happiest, Grandest And Most Festive Event Of The Year ... Cny!

Guest Guest

Dont fren u liao

That's why i said "Who cares?"

Hey, c'mon lah.... so long I choose not to get married, I'm still entitled to get angpow, according to customs

I didn't ask them to give me wat....

You yourself give me wan....

Furthermore, what's with me getting married onot gotta do with you?

It's you wanna get married or me? Anxious for wat.....

My face skin is that thick (脸皮厚) hor..... :lol:

Dont fren u liao

:'(

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

ang bow collect so little only.. better to get away from those constant nagging rather than collecting a few dollars... :( last time small kid not working still happy to get $, now working already no effect liao.. best thing about CNY is the atmosphere!! hahaha

yeah the atmosphere is the best part of CNY .. cuz CNY is for everybody in the family!! .. the kiddos, the lovey-dovey couples, the uncles and aunties ... and of course the old, old ah mas and ah kongs all take part in their own special ways. ^_^

Thought I might share this, no English subtitles though unfortunately:

Note: MPKB = Majlis Perbandaran Kota Bharu (Kota Bharu Town Council), this video could have been shot in Kelantan.

Edited by qedcwc

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Actually I have not been celebrating CNY for 2 years in a row, ie. 2010 and 2011.

I went to Hong Kong in 2010 and Tianjin/Shanghai in 2011.

Perhaps the grass is greener there... but definitely the atmosphere was better there.

In Hong Kong, I witnessed floats and parade on Day 1 and fireworks in Day 2.

In Shanghai, I toyed with fire crackers and those rocket-type fireworks.

This year, I am not getting anywhere as I promised my mother to be a good son.

I will cook her favourite wax duck, wax duck thigh, fish maw and luo-han-cai.

My domestic helper will be my desert chef.

Yum-sheng!

Actually I have not been celebrating CNY for 2 years in a row, ie. 2010 and 2011. I went to Hong Kong in 2010 and Tianjin/Shanghai in 2011. Perhaps the grass is greener there... but definitely the atmosphere was better there. In Hong Kong, I witnessed floats and parade on Day 1 and fireworks in Day 2. In Shanghai, I toyed with fire crackers and those rocket-type fireworks. This year, I am not getting anywhere as I promised my mother to be a good son. I will cook her favourite wax duck, wax duck thigh, fish maw and luo-han-cai. My domestic helper will be my desert chef. Yum-sheng!

Sounds yummy.... I'm talking about the food..... ;)

To the Malaysians working in Singapore, stop wandering around. The sky is always bluer overseas, but no matter what, always remember your way home. Return home this CNY. The tastiest meal is sharing it with your own parents and family.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

To the Malaysians working in Singapore, stop wandering around. The sky is always bluer overseas, but no matter what, always remember your way home. Return home this CNY. The tastiest meal is sharing it with your own parents and family.

yes yes please go home for the most important family meal of the year ... no matter how far away you are, or how busy you are, go home to eat with your family on this special night ... and talk the whole night through. No one should be eating alone in a strange land on CNY eve. :wacko:

To me watching these videos that qwedc has posted is the closest I can get to experiencing the CNY atmosphere. I've been overseas for ages, this is coming to the 6th CNY that I've missed celebrating with my family. Gosh I sure miss those reunion dinners and the eating of bak kua, mandarin oranges and keropok with my family. My mum keeps the ang paos for me though so that's no biggie. :D

I've watched some of the petronas videos posted here before they're all so full of important messages, it would be amazing to see one in the future that sends the message that gay love is no crime.

Anyhow, cheers qwedc for upading those videos! Happy CNY guys!

-A-

By the way don't you think it's about time Namewee take his bloody hat off? Does he not feel the heat in a tropical country like Malaysia? Plus could he not think of a better name than Namewee which took me forever to remember and still makes no sense at all? I speak Mandarin but I still don't know what that translates into?

-A-

By the way don't you think it's about time Namewee take his bloody hat off? Does he not feel the heat in a tropical country like Malaysia? Plus could he not think of a better name than Namewee which took me forever to remember and still makes no sense at all? I speak Mandarin but I still don't know what that translates into?

-A-

That's his style. He's bald, so at least good to keep it on to prevent from getting sunstroke or cold too easily. :lol:

Namewee's actual name is Wee Meng Chee (黄明志). 明志 sounds like 名字 (name), thus NameWee. :)

To me watching these videos that qwedc has posted is the closest I can get to experiencing the CNY atmosphere. I've been overseas for ages, this is coming to the 6th CNY that I've missed celebrating with my family. Gosh I sure miss those reunion dinners and the eating of bak kua, mandarin oranges and keropok with my family. My mum keeps the ang paos for me though so that's no biggie. :D

I've watched some of the petronas videos posted here before they're all so full of important messages, it would be amazing to see one in the future that sends the message that gay love is no crime.

Anyhow, cheers qwedc for upading those videos! Happy CNY guys!

-A-

Better make an effort to come back if u can. Nothing beats the warmth of home. :)

That's his style. He's bald, so at least good to keep it on to prevent from getting sunstroke or cold too easily. :lol:

Namewee's actual name is Wee Meng Chee (黄明志). 明志 sounds like 名字 (name), thus NameWee. :)

Wee is Khek (Hakka) for 黄(Huang). So Namewee = 明志黄. Simple as that.

I think u guys got it all wrong ...this is a meaningful clip , esp at this time of the year where it

sends positive signals to the Community. Personally , I feel Petronas of Malaysia has done

a fantastic Advert this matter.

Have not seen any 2012 clip out yet - hope thay are as good as previous ones ...

Cheers//

Rightfully speaking, the fantastic work is that of Yasmin Ahmad's doing.

Now that she has passed on, even her same company took over the job, they have kinda lost their meaningful touch.

Petronas' ads usually come out on TV rather at the last minute. So may have to wait until end of this week.

“今天是腊月廿三,农历小年,是民间祭灶的日子,要送灶神上天。”

民俗中,小年之夜,家家户户要送灶王爷升天,向玉皇大帝汇报这家人的善行或恶行,玉皇大帝为了核对灶王爷所说是否属实,要在腊月廿五来到人间核实,有罪者减寿,行善者增寿。

灶王爷一去一回要7天的时间,所以腊月廿三送走,除夕夜要接灶王爷回人间过年。

Today the kitchen God departs to submit his annual report ... coming back on CNY eve. ^_^

小年是祭灶神的节日,关于小年是哪天,南北存在差异,今年小年,南方是阳历是2012年1月17号,北方是阳历是2012年1月16号。那么,南北的小年吃什么有什么差异吗?

古话说“二十三,糖瓜粘,灶君老爷要上天”

小年吃什么? 要吃麻糖

小年是灶神上天的日子,他上天要向天帝报告一年来人间的衣食用度及其它天帝想要了解的事。吃麻糖就是想让这灶神的嘴巴被糖给粘住张不开,不能把人间的美味奢华的情景禀报给天,以免得爱吃喝的人们受到处罚---新年带来饥荒,期盼有一个平安的丰年到来.

农历腊月二十三,过小年。城里和农村,家家吃饺子、喝酒,庆贺如同大年(春节)。在关东的农村,过小年这天,还有一项特别的祭礼活动,送灶王爷升天。旧时,不论贫富,只要是顶门成家过日子,就要在锅台上边的墙上,供奉灶王爷的尊像,在像的两边贴幅对联:“上天言好事,下界保平按。”每家都把灶王爷奉为神明,由它来主宰一家兴衰祸福,由于四季常住灶间,察看一家人的活动,自然成为“一家之主”。

祭灶节,民间讲究吃饺子,取意“送行饺子迎风面”。山区多吃糕和荞面。晋东南地区,流行吃炒玉米的习俗,民谚有“二十三,不吃炒,大年初—一锅倒”的说法。人们喜欢将炒玉米用麦芽糖粘结起来,冰冻成大块,吃起来酥脆香甜。 祭灶这天除吃灶糖之外,火烧也是很有特色的节令食品。

每到腊月二十三祭灶这天,城市中的烧饼摊点生意非常兴隆。供品除糖瓜之类外,也有供水饺,取民间“起身饺子落身面”之意,有的也供面条。

(本内容来自饭菜网: 原文地址:http://www.fancai.co...anyefan/135128/)

The full version MV for this song used in the Ox Year (2009)....

...versus the remixed bridge and chorus for the 2012 MV (0:35 to 1:28):

Both the lyrics and the MV scenes really moved me.

Petronas has juz launched its 2012 CNY TVCs today.

Here are they. Not so much of a heart-moving scene, I guess. :huh:

The theme used is Coming Home.

Edited by qedcwc

This year Chinatown CNY market seems more crowded than previous years and I see more "money boys" hang around the area. Guess this is a boom time for all businesses?

yay it's our long-awaited ji gao meh today ... busy spring-cleaning and making the house pretty with 春联 and blooming flowers and willows ... simply love mingling with the cheerful crowds to empty the shelves from the supermarts and soak in the joyful mood! :)

Saw lots of gay couples shopping at the Chinatown festive market, so envious..

Dun envious, find a good partner and go shopping hand in hand at Chinatown next CNY. :thumb:

Riding the Dragon: 2012 predictions from Chinese masters

Want to know what's in store for 2012? Who will win the US election? Will the eurozone implode? China's feng shui masters tackle the big issues with their predictions for the Year of the Dragon. As Chinese communities around the world prepare to ring in the new year on Monday, astrologers and geomancers are predicting the dragon will bring natural disasters and financial volatility, especially to crisis-hit Europe.

"The world economy will be unstable in the Year of the Dragon, because the economies in Europe and the US are still suffering from the effects of the recession," Hong Kong feng shui master Anthony Cheng says.

Celebrity astrologer Peter So says the United States will provide some good news late in the year, but his charts for Europe make grim reading.

"Europe will not recover so soon -- it is expected to suffer at leastuntil 2014. But what I can say is this, a recovery for the US economy is possible in 2013," he says.

If you're prepared to ride the dragon and invest in 2012, Russia and China could be your best bets. The two emerging markets will be the best performers in a volatile year, says Cheng.

But be prepared for surprises, especially out of China where the Communist Party will hold its 18th Congress to select a new generation of leaders.

"In the second half of the year, a scandalous corruption case will be exposed in China," warns Cheng, refusing to elaborate about who will be implicated.

"I can also predict that in Hong Kong and in mainland China, a number of high-ranking officials will be forced to step down. Some may be thrown behind bars, or even pass away."

Many Chinese take such predictions seriously and adjust their lives accordingly. Feng shui, the ancient study of the forces of chi, or life energy, is a daily part of life in the Chinese world.

One of Hong Kong's largest brokerages, CLSA, releases a Feng Shui Index every year, offering its "tongue-in-cheek" predictions for global markets and world affairs.

Lest anyone takes it seriously, CLSA admits that feng shui's "original purpose was to locate auspicious burial spots, not call the twists and turns of the equity markets or individual sectors".

But it has a stab anyway, even if some of its predictions are less than audacious. For example, it says the stars point to a "job opening" for Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping, the man everyone expects to become China's next ruler after the 18th Congress in October or November.

As for US politics, the soothsayers are more cautious. When asked who will win the US elections, So refuses to make a prediction without precise information about the dates and times of the candidates' births.

"Sometimes luck depends on the country itself, rather than an individual president," he says enigmatically.

"For the US, they are starting to have luck on their side again, so it is going to be a good year no matter who's elected."

The five Chinese elements are wood, fire, earth, metal and water, and 2012 is tipped to be big on water. This could mean riches and abundance, but it could also spell disaster.

Well-known Hong Kong astrologer Alion Yeo says we should brace for storms and floods. "Expect to see a lot of flooding in areas like Thailand and South East China," he says.

So sees similar portents, but with an earthy twist.

"Indonesia, Pakistan, India and places in China like Sichuan, Yunnan and Guizhou are particularly disaster-prone. They are likely to experience frequent earthquakes," he says.

While the ancient Chinese were developing their systems of astrology and geomancy, people across the Pacific were finding other ways to predict the future.

The Mayans of modern-day South America purportedly had a calendar that showed the world would come to an end on December 21, 2012.

Like the historians who rubbish such interpretations of Mayan belief, So says there is no need to fear the end is nigh.

"Doomsday is just a bunch of make-believe," he says.

http://sg.news.yahoo...-190016309.html

Edited by starbright

Heal the Past, Live the Present, Dream the Future

• Guest locked this topic