Male HQ

Pokemon Thread

-zee-

13 hours ago, Boring said:

You don't call it a ripoff since its from the same game that created both of the pokemon. Also they are of different animal species( Oshawott(Otter) vs Poppolio(Sea Lion) - Fennekin(Fennec fox) vs Litten (Native species of Cat in hawaii?)  so i don't think the creators were lazy about the design. 

Read somewhere that the pokemon company people always took special attention to the design of a new gen's starters. They had the reflect what the new region is like yet had to appeal to both a new player as a trusted partner and an experienced player as a valuable team member.

Of course certain designs work more than others hence new gens always had the same archetype (a bird-like type, a cute electric mouse type). Hence I think for Sun and Moon where the design of the game has changed so radically, they really wanted something familiar yet representative of the new Hawaii inspired region.

3 hours ago, sharkbaithoohaha said:

Super excited to see how their evolutions look like though. I'm in love with Litten. Wonder if they'd stick to the Chinese zodiac theme and turn Litten into a fire tiger.

Then again, Fennekin is a fennec fox, despite foxes being more related to dogs than they are to cats, kinda seemed like they broke the chain there

Although, it would be nice to see it evolve to a cool black tiger with flame stripes

On Monday, May 16, 2016 at 6:36 AM, Cerveau said:

Perhaps so, Diantha is like meh tho

Pretty much meh cuz she kept spamming shadow ball on a dark type.. Just hyped for the transformation haha.

8 minutes ago, lonely57 said:

Pretty much meh cuz she kept spamming shadow ball on a dark type.. Just hyped for the transformation haha.

Pokemon Champion tells Psychic/Fairy type Pokemon to use a Ghost-type move on Water/Dark Pokemon, repeatedly. Champions these days, tsk tsk

Hoping to go early and queue on the 27th the probably make it a weekly affair haha. Looking forward to the merch and pikachu serial codes. Apparently collectors over the world are seeking for the these event pikachus already. Helping a Japanese friend to get some, and i saw people from US looking to trade.

Speaking of collectors, anyone still collecting the TCG? Recent expansion like the radiant collection has pretty nice artwork. ( ☆∀☆)

7 hours ago, Samezuka said:

Hoping to go early and queue on the 27th the probably make it a weekly affair haha. Looking forward to the merch and pikachu serial codes. Apparently collectors over the world are seeking for the these event pikachus already. Helping a Japanese friend to get some, and i saw people from US looking to trade.

Speaking of collectors, anyone still collecting the TCG? Recent expansion like the radiant collection has pretty nice artwork. ( ☆∀☆)

you do know that the japanese cant redeem the code right? you'll probably have to redeem for them and trade over instead

1 hour ago, Silverus said:

you do know that the japanese cant redeem the code right? you'll probably have to redeem for them and trade over instead

I have confirmed this with the organisers as i am using a JPN region console myself. Japanese 3ds can redeem the code. 

i just went today. waited around 5 hours+ so i just stood and talked cock with my friends.. the presentation was the main part of the thing I went for. presentation wise wasnt very disappointed. had the pancake and omelette rice.. well obviously since me and my friends all wanted the pokeball cup. the rice nothing special. not much egg either. i thought it was the rice wrapped in egg.. turns out the omelette was only the ears. nothing special. the pancakes were... dry and hard. mine wasnt hot when i got it. but its quite thick. the serving was 2 pieces and i was very full after eating it. overall was ok i guess? nothing special. but its just the hype.

im just wondering whats so special about the pikachu code..

8 hours ago, birth_ave said:

8 HOURS?!?! that is madddd omg

Yep, and they stopped more people from joining at queue at about 12++pm i think. Those who came after tht made wasted trip...

2 hours ago, lonely57 said:

i just went today. waited around 5 hours+ so i just stood and talked cock with my friends.. the presentation was the main part of the thing I went for. presentation wise wasnt very disappointed. had the pancake and omelette rice.. well obviously since me and my friends all wanted the pokeball cup. the rice nothing special. not much egg either. i thought it was the rice wrapped in egg.. turns out the omelette was only the ears. nothing special. the pancakes were... dry and hard. mine wasnt hot when i got it. but its quite thick. the serving was 2 pieces and i was very full after eating it. overall was ok i guess? nothing special. but its just the hype.

Haha yeah when it was my turn the volt tackle soda was already sold out. The codes are special because there are collectors who collect event exclusive event pokemons. This pikachu has OT p-cafe and moves usually unable to learn within game. Local event pokemon are rare and sought after as they are exclusive only to the event attendees. Its like those sg gengar codes some back, many overseas were desperately asking for trades. The thirst is real lol. 

Btw they were out of codes today i heard, people had to leave their contact details behind as the organisers try to obtain more for distribution.

3 hours ago, lonely57 said:

i guess the crowd size sent the kitchen into a frenzy to be able to deliver food with good presentation.

9 hours ago, Samezuka said:

Yep, and they stopped more people from joining at queue at about 12++pm i think. Those who came after tht made wasted trip...

Haha yeah when it was my turn the volt tackle soda was already sold out. The codes are special because there are collectors who collect event exclusive event pokemons. This pikachu has OT p-cafe and moves usually unable to learn within game. Local event pokemon are rare and sought after as they are exclusive only to the event attendees. Its like those sg gengar codes some back, many overseas were desperately asking for trades. The thirst is real lol. 

Btw they were out of codes today i heard, people had to leave their contact details behind as the organisers try to obtain more for distribution.

ahh i see.. so its basically just the OT details.. the moves arent that impressive i think. 

8 hours ago, Silverus said:

i guess the crowd size sent the kitchen into a frenzy to be able to deliver food with good presentation.

haha.. i still dont know why they made it at such a small area.. 

57 minutes ago, lonely57 said:

ahh i see.. so its basically just the OT details.. the moves arent that impressive i think. 

haha.. i still dont know why they made it at such a small area.. 

Haha yeah only collectors value, not for battles... i wouldnt use a pikachu for battles anyway lol. Speaking of which, any battle enthusiasts here?

9 minutes ago, Samezuka said:

Haha yeah only collectors value, not for battles... i wouldnt use a pikachu for battles anyway lol. Speaking of which, any battle enthusiasts here?

i actually wanted the keychain with the male pikachu running with dishes.. but i got the female one instead ):

9 hours ago, Samezuka said:

battling is fun. esp making uncommon movesets and playstyle.

5 hours ago, happyguy94 said:

Hello can I be added into the pokemon group? :)

theres a pokemon group?? O.o

On 5/29/2016 at 6:57 PM, Silverus said:

battling is fun. esp making uncommon movesets and playstyle.

Yeah I always snigger when a passerby challenge me to battles online, and during the team preview they're all legendaries like Darkrai

5 hours ago, lonely57 said:

I used to battle but now I'm lazy to start breeding and shit haha

I might have extras if you need something. I always breed a lot for shinies so theres always few with perfect IVs and appropriate nature/ability. 

As for the pokemon cafe, maybe instead of queues it should be something like this... hahah  

foodcourt.jpg

Edited by Samezuka

19 minutes ago, Samezuka said:

theres a pokemon group?? O.o

Yeah I always snigger when a passerby challenge me to battles online, and during the team preview they're all legendaries like Darkrai

I might have extras if you need something. I always breed a lot for shinies so theres always few with perfect IVs and appropriate nature/ability. 

As for the pokemon cafe, maybe instead of queues it should be something like this... hahah  

foodcourt.jpg

haha too bad this isnt the world of food or world of pokemon.. its the world of Singapore or world of PAP. =/

It seems like the New Professor Kukui from Pokemon Sun and Moon caught people attention and soon all these fanart appear 

CjE9CrsW0AAKQc_.jpg

tumblr_o71vldsc751r8m1wfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o6yruomqE91rtqwfvo1_1280.jpg

_pokemon_sun_and_moon__professor_kukui_b

tumblr_o7i9gijxGz1uwpsm0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o7i9gijxGz1uwpsm0o2_540.jpg

The Best is yet to COME

Be Positive, Patient and Persistent

I Love My Life

>>> https://ask.fm/billyb0y_M <<<

Tree Of Savior [Telsia]

[Main]Cleric(C1)>Priest(C2) : LV66

Cleric(C1)>Krivis(C2) : LV63

Wiz(C1)>Cryomancer(C1) : LV42

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 0:27 AM, Silverus said:

Just went yestetday evening time. 1 hour of queing only. All their main course are cold. Like put thr for vry long time. Anw one of the waiter thr is cute

Edited by cloudmike

• 1 month later...