Male HQ

What Is / Are Your Phobias - Things You Are Afraid / Scared Of E.g Cockroaches, Needles, etc ? (Compiled)

On 3/5/2009 at 1:16 PM, GachiMuchi said:

I've a few friends whom have the following phobia.

one has a fear of caterpillar

one has a fear of walking into spider webs

one has a fear of cockroach, worst if its the flying kind. (Entomophobia - Fear of insects)

one has a fear of cats, especially when the tail brushes your legs when eating at hawker center. (Zoophobia - Fear of animals)

For me I am afraid of things that may bite you when I am swimming in the sea. e.g. shark. That may be the result of watching Jaws when I was young.

So, What is your Phobias (Fear)?

Here are Top 10 Common Phobias

1. Acrophobia - Fear of Heights

2. Claustrophobia - Fear of Enclosed Spaces

3. Nyctophobia - Fear of the Dark

4. Ophidiophobia - Fear of Snakes

5. Arachnophobia - Fear of Spiders

6. Trypanophobia - Fear of Injection or Medical Needles

7. Astraphobia - Fear of Thunder and Lightning

8. Nosophobia - Fear of Having a Disease

9. Mysophobia AKA Germophobia - Fear of Germs

10. Triskaidekaphobia - Fear of the Number 13

Links to some of the phobias

http://phobias.about.com/od/introductionto...ypespath.htm#s3

http://www.phobia-fear-release.com/types-of-phobia.html

Studio_20171227_162653.png

I uh.... I'm not really afraid of anything. :/

No irrational fear of anything either. :/

I guess I'm too comfortable with/about myself that I can handle anything that comes my way. :?

I used to stay in a kampong, so I've probably seen more than an average city-dweller's share of creepy crawlies, insects, animals, amphibians, flying whatnots, etc. Those have no effect on me, anymore, but the great desire to dispose/get rid of them ASAP as they might transmit diseases or make my home dirty.

My SO is a sissy when he sees a lizard though. xD Will run away and stand on the sofa and ask me to dispose of it in a quick and humane manner. xD

In the actual manner of phobias as a psychological illness, I have none either. :/

I guess it's all in the mind.

Edited by Nipoet

Oh, Oh, Oh.

I have to share this though: Trypophobia: a proposed phobia (intense, irrational fear, or anxiety) of irregular patterns or clusters of small holes or bumps.

Super gross, and really does give me the chills just looking at those pictures. -shudders-

Google it if you dare!

On ‎18‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, -1982- said:

Me no likey rats or mouse.... Even the sound of it squeaking, I can go round the block to avoid crossing path with Mr Ratty or Miss Mousey. Luckily, in Singapore you don't get them running around the neighbourhood like it was before (I hope I'm right about this). 

there are some

I will raise it to Town council if I spot 1 even in gardens

but I knew of many men afraid of cockcroaches , not sure why

• Guest locked this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • G_M unlocked this topic

I find some phobia cannot be overcome or cure. Like scare of blood and needle. I am scare of blood, when i go draw blood, i would feel fainted and even fainted before. No way i can overcome this.

• 3 months later...

Gay and Cockroach never MIXED.

When you saw one inside your car, don't panic.  There were reports of fatal accidents happened. Stay calm, slow down and stop at the side when it is safe to do so. Always keep a can of insecticide handy but don't expose it to the sun, in the likely event the cockroach hide under your seat.  Call for pest control if necessary.  

Don't read and response to guests' post

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.