Male HQ

Artists / Arts Enthusiasts Lounge

fallequinox01

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do u mean better luck in FB? This is a gay forum no? Whats thr connection? Lol.

arts lounge... gay forum... hmmm and you are asking where the connection?lol

You are missing my point in my cynic pun in my previous post. As you mention in your post that the this forum topic is dead, you are literally 'poking the dead'. Hence if you look at 'cyanide & happiness' comix strip. 'Poking' on FB would get you better response these days. But than never mind... Lol just my cynic nature at work.

P/s:your works are pretty awesome.

• 7 months later...

Hi guys, i got an official site now. For natural sciences

and wildlife conservation illustration.

Will slowly show all the past works i did for conservation groups around

the world like Wwf thailand, ocean geographic, Acres, mekong turtles conservation center and etc.

Www.vanwangye.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, i got an official site now. For natural sciences

and wildlife conservation illustration.

Will slowly show all the past works i did for conservation groups around

the world like Wwf thailand, ocean geographic, Acres, mekong turtles conservation center and etc.

Www.vanwangye.com

Great collection of works!

• 7 months later...

If you guys are interested in illustrations, traditional painting, dp, basically drawing then you might want to check the link below.its for people to not only share their works, but also the get feedbacks n track your progress from time to time to see how much you guys have level up for these past few years.

www.fusroda.com

Be sure to also check out their YouTube channel n fb group

• 4 months later...
On 20/01/2016 at 9:33 AM, Carpenter said:

If you guys are interested in illustrations, traditional painting, dp, basically drawing then you might want to check the link below.its for people to not only share their works, but also the get feedbacks n track your progress from time to time to see how much you guys have level up for these past few years.

www.fusroda.com

Be sure to also check out their YouTube channel n fb group

Thanks for sharing bro.

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Y.J.W said:

looks like an eventful weekend

also on the same weekend:

http://www.oicsingapore.com/wordpress/2016/07/20/noise-sessions-young-guns/

Edited by shyc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 2:29 AM, Y.J.W said:

Wow! Very academic kind. 

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

On 30 September 2016 at 2:19 AM, Y.J.W said:

wah, wish i could do it like him. Im changing from charcoal to conte coz i have a very high tendency to smudge in the process. conte create a more intense dark tones too

Actually if I m not wrong the beauty of charcoal is the way it can be 'smudged' to create the tones and shades. You shouldn't be too concern about it, make it a part of your expression. A kneading rubber will help pick it up or bring out the highlights. Conte is more 'waxy'. Totally different effects between the two. But all being said, use what you feel comfortable and more practice will bring out the best in you. Don't be too concern with getting a perfect piece each time. No such thing as perfect piece. Each time you look at it, there is always something you wish to add or subtract. You won't be able to see your progress but over time when you look back at your works, you will. Good luck. 

10 hours ago, shyc said:

Actually if I m not wrong the beauty of charcoal is the way it can be 'smudged' to create the tones and shades. You shouldn't be too concern about it, make it a part of your expression. A kneading rubber will help pick it up or bring out the highlights. Conte is more 'waxy'. Totally different effects between the two. But all being said, use what you feel comfortable and more practice will bring out the best in you. Don't be too concern with getting a perfect piece each time. No such thing as perfect piece. Each time you look at it, there is always something you wish to add or subtract. You won't be able to see your progress but over time when you look back at your works, you will. Good luck. 

i get this habit that when i'm too immersed in the worl, i forgot to take a step back to look at the work or my hands pressed over the charcoal areas. Then, i overdo it in the process, conte feels good to me than charcoal though. Thanks for the explanations! I'll take notice of it the next time i use charcoal and explore further with the mediums

On 9/30/2016 at 2:17 AM, zactorus said:

He's using charcoal. Nitram is the brand. Heard it's good quality charcoal but it's not being sold here in sg. I got some from the UK but have yet to try it :P

I think Straits Commercial might be selling it but i think it is not cheap.

I'm actually considering organizing a drawing sesion, be it outdoor sketching or indoor life drawing sketching haha, anybody interested?

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

2 hours ago, Clickclock said:

I'm actually considering organizing a drawing sesion, be it outdoor sketching or indoor life drawing sketching haha, anybody interested?

ME WANT!!! It serves as a really good learning experience. Never managed to join any even though i had the opportunity to. End of year activity?

8 hours ago, Y.J.W said:

ME WANT!!! It serves as a really good learning experience. Never managed to join any even though i had the opportunity to. End of year activity?

Need not be a big year end event. Its kinda casual

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/10/2016 at 10:55 PM, Clickclock said:

I'm interested ! 

• 1 month later...