Male HQ

Artists / Arts Enthusiasts Lounge

fallequinox01

I'm not v good in craft work. Simple card-making is fine lol. I'm inclined towards mixed media like watercolor and pencil shading. Then again, digital art and 3D drawing are so cool and in!! No dirty hands and super convenient. I wish I know how.

high frequency | biologically hazardous | penetrating

I'm not v good in craft work. Simple card-making is fine lol. I'm inclined towards mixed media like watercolor and pencil shading. Then again, digital art and 3D drawing are so cool and in!! No dirty hands and super convenient. I wish I know how.

Tutorials on how to start in the field of digital art are very very easily available for your own pursuit. The internet is full of it, all you need is to search. The hard part comes with the common obstacle we all face, and it's practice. =)

quite a varied display of artworks here. quite inspiring.

i personally deal more with art direction and fashion management although i was initially interested in fashion design

here my humble edited tumblr portfolio : http://apocalypticintent.tumblr.com/

i thought this could open up a bit in the debate of what is art now, just a different perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlzUP_M83W4

I don't necessarily fully agree on his view on what is supposed to be art.

however, i do believe on how beauty in art, or rather art, does provide solace for humanity and integral in the cultural development of society.

oh well the devil makes us sin but we like it when we're spinning, in his grin.

however, i do believe on how beauty in art, or rather art, does provide solace for humanity and integral in the cultural development of society.

Lol. I think art is generally anything we make out of what is inside us. Expressing what's in our head. Ideas in general. Things we like expressed to a medium. From these, they adapt to culture. I don't believe there is "right" or "wrong."

I watched the first parts of the video. 'Beauty' is subjective for everyone. LOL. It's maybe disturbed now, but it doesn't mean it's not art.

Same how some guys like fat people. Same logic how some players in games prefer to play Flawed Orcs instead of Flawless Humans.

The "ideal man" from those earlier periods have become too mainstream I guess? lol.

Lol. I think art is generally anything we make out of what is inside us. Expressing what's in our head. Ideas in general. Things we like expressed to a medium. From these, they adapt to culture. I don't believe there is "right" or "wrong."

Agree. This is how I also perceive art is to be. That's why great artists are the those who could communicate their thought, in silence, through their work; and a great masterpiece is one that showcases pure and honest embodiment of one's thought/feelings.

Edited by fallequinox01

"Listen -- are you living just a little and calling it life?"

Mary Oliver

i do agree on how the democratization of art has made easier for people with different perspective/views and their choice of their articulation in art. It is a beautiful thing where artist could express themselves beyond the constraints of traditionalist art. However, these can be tainted/manipulated with the hunger of "lust". Art now, somehow, is often blurred with the intention of branding or the lure of advertising and profits ran by capitalism. It is a sordid reality of now, ironically.

The purpose of the video was not to restrict on how art is supposed to be. Rather, I just love on how it is thought-provoking in a sense where art moves beyond its mere definition. It is marriage of concept/ idealogies met with execution of technicalities? There's a certain flawed disposition on how everything can be art. In my modest view, for what it deemed to be called art, it has to have a certain techniques/ medium which the artist pursues to realize his vision/idealogies. It is just something to think about as of our integrities as artists of now. So many questions to be left answered.

On a lighter note, some regional artists which i find interest in.

ZhongBiao1.jpg

zhong biao's melange of old idealist subjects and the modern woes/lust of life now translated into hyper realism on canvas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dtfeh6a01c

ai weiwei and his brand of unabashed and unapologetic brand of art.

"if we don't push, there's nothing happening"

quite impressive and commendable, taking into account of years of suppression in China.

Rather, I just love on how it is thought-provoking in a sense where art moves beyond its mere definition. It is marriage of concept/ idealogies met with execution of technicalities? There's a certain flawed disposition on how everything can be art. In my modest view, for what it deemed to be called art, it has to have a certain techniques/ medium which the artist pursues to realize his vision/idealogies. It is just something to think about as of our integrities as artists of now. So many questions to be left answered.

Haha, I was supposed to add this, but your elaboration is better. Well said. :thumb:

Mary Oliver

@Ziddykid.

I took a look at your blog. OMG> Hahaha. your skull drawings are so well studied. Hahaha. :D

skull drawings? i'm sorry but maybe you got the wrong person/blog?

i don't have any skull drawings that i remember of.

Tutorials on how to start in the field of digital art are very very easily available for your own pursuit. The internet is full of it, all you need is to search. The hard part comes with the common obstacle we all face, and it's practice. =)

So agree. Practice and a great deal of time, which is annoyingly aint enuff haha :)

high frequency | biologically hazardous | penetrating

• 4 weeks later...

yang yongliang in his modern media translation of traditional chinese art. what intrigues me is that certain woes of modern life captured in the melancholic serenity of chinese ink painting.

Hello. I mainly work with digital painting. =)

8qjBe.jpg

mGJQo.jpg

vgCmR.png

sQfMy.png

Wilson, you and Clint are absolutely incredible. Holy cow.

Now I feel like a useless bum because I can't draw. :/

/sigh

I don't suppose you people take the broader definition of art and recognize poetry?

"Honey, the best things in life

are worth looking for over and over again

'Till your eyes just can't see no more."

Nice tread~ ^^

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo F. Buscaglia

• 3 weeks later...

how's everyone doing.

PRSM is a humble project i did based on using artist's works (print, painting, sculpture etc) as a print entity on fabric.

it encapsulates the notion of exploring the transition of art from the walls of galleries onto wearable accoutrements of the art pieces

here's PRSM video for Spring Summer 2013

tumblr_mdihynrjU51rh81xqo1_1280.jpg132634_519604004719546_1264576940_o.jpgi hope to work with anyone who is interested in offering their art pieces for the collaborative effort. Here's the link to the FB page: http://www.facebook.com/prsmstore

have a great day ahead! ;)

Edited by ziddyzid

For people who like sketches (any sort, portraits, still-life, manga, etc.), would you be interested in getting together and drawing sometimes?

I like drawing alone, but sometimes I think it's nice to be able to have people to draw with just to peak over their shoulders to see what their empty pages have turned into.

PS. I AM EXTREMELY ENTHUSIASTIC IN FINDING OTHER MANGA-KA TO DRAW WITH. :D :D :D SO IF YOU'RE OUT THERE, LET ME KNOOOOOW!!!!!

I do need to draw something for the NTU ADM admission... So.

Anyway, here's to share one of my super ugly 3D model that is first 3D assignment I had for Maya.

3d__churlybear_by_beeto456-d5ikdy3.jpg

Thinking back, I like to laugh at how fugly this thing looks and how I can do something much better in much lesser time.

https://merlinsfolio.wordpress.com/

https://medium.com/@merlincheng
"On the Internet, no one knows you are a cat."

theo jansen's kinetic pieces are magnificent to say the least. like independent living form being subjected to the force of nature.

one of the compelling artists that still intrigues me till now: Jean Michel Basquiat.

here's an interview footage with andy warhol in a tow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=82agfocSSUA&feature=endscreen

jeff koons exuberant kooky sculptures, juxtaposed among the grandeur of Versailles.

I found this simple cel shading tutorial, I think it is going to help a lot of artists (like me LOL).

http://blue-ten.tumblr.com/post/36574758168/trakoclock-asked-hey-if-you-dont-mind-sharing

https://merlinsfolio.wordpress.com/

https://medium.com/@merlincheng
"On the Internet, no one knows you are a cat."

LET'S HAVE AN ARTISTS GROUP OUTING OF SOMESORT SOMEWHERE. :D

lol.. I Dunno.... But drawing from life as a group is actually quite fun... LOL.

I think GoodBoyRan is like organizing something though... I don't know... lol.

and i actually got some more drawings to show... but.. lol.. lazy to upload 1 by 1. hahha. xD

LET'S HAVE AN ARTISTS GROUP OUTING OF SOMESORT SOMEWHERE. :D

lol.. I Dunno.... But drawing from life as a group is actually quite fun... LOL.

I think GoodBoyRan is like organizing something though... I don't know... lol.

and i actually got some more drawings to show... but.. lol.. lazy to upload 1 by 1. hahha. xD

I AMMMM TRYING TO ORGANIZE LEHHHH!!!! And then everyone says "Sure, I'm cool, sounds fun" but then you all schedule so busy mah...all say "Yup, let's do it, lemme check my schedule" but never get back to me bah!! T^T Until now dono how liao. ToT Come one guys, it's one day one weekend, it'll be fun! :D WEEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~~~

Hi guys! I m more into hand do art. Not much of digital.fallequinox01 . Hey your work is good... can see effort but lack of practice , Its not very refined... and u can add more colour tones.

I'm very bad with colours. :unsure:

And I also wanna learn sketching faces and drawing tribal-surreal-ish designs. I found this guy's works just recently they're so what I really wanted to achieve.

543389_404847092879572_290368894_n.jpg428942_441798849184396_41448057_n.jpg398197_382324518465163_1644438171_n.jpg418023_368223009875314_298520914_n.jpg73530_161266793904271_4598927_n.jpg

Mary Oliver

• 1 month later...

still a design student in poly....i more into illustration and always jumping around to try out different stuff...here are some my works

ill6.jpg

ill1.jpg

22.jpg

now i trying to learn about toy design like munny and sculpting

and any people can tell me why primer is important before colouring a sculpture?

Edited by jaki1993

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Hi there, I'm an amateur Illustrator, in the sense that I have no working experience, though, I've done up an illustration for Patrick Fillion before, some homoerotic artist in the US. I guess, you guys must have probably heard about me and my works on this forum, its pretty related to our genre, homoerotica, I do up my drawing using the wacom tablet by the way. I don't think I will be posting the images here, instead, you can simply click the blogspot link at the bottom of this post, that will be my blog.

By the way, I'm an A level art student, got a B (sigh) and I'll be studying art at NTU this coming august, can't wait for it, NS is such a drain to my youth.

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

Well, Hi there, I'm an amateur Illustrator, in the sense that I have no working experience, though, I've done up an illustration for Patrick Fillion before, some homoerotic artist in the US. I guess, you guys must have probably heard about me and my works on this forum, its pretty related to our genre, homoerotica, I do up my drawing using the wacom tablet by the way. I don't think I will be posting the images here, instead, you can simply click the blogspot link at the bottom of this post, that will be my blog.

By the way, I'm an A level art student, got a B (sigh) and I'll be studying art at NTU this coming august, can't wait for it, NS is such a drain to my youth.

I saw your work and I like them so wishing you all the best.

Hi all,

I am not your traditional artist, like Clickclock, who can draw exceptionally well. I can draw but far from being good. LoL.

I am a CG artist working on movies and films. :)

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo F. Buscaglia

toastwire! Looked through your blog a few times, nice line work. =)

• 1 month later...

plenty of talented guys here. Thanks for sharing. Thou i am way to old to know what most of you are talking. Seeing all your impressive works make like feel with awe. Thanks for sharing here and your links. Looking forward to more. Cheers.

• 4 months later...