Male HQ

Dim Sum At Yan Ting, St Regis Singapore

Dim sum, for lunch/brunch, is something I love, and moreso in good company. 

Personally, I've dined at Yan Ting regularly over the last 3+ years to believe that they truly deserved the Best In Service award they won in 2012.  And for the circle of BW friends who'd joined me there last week, I hope that our birthday boy had a good one. 

Pictures are from my most recent visits to this restaurant, located on the 1U level of the St Regis Singapore.  Venue itself is rather chi-chi, and weekdays you'd see mostly business types, but weekends is when the brunch is the attraction.  The latter at $98++ (without champagne) is rather stiff, but worth it if one considers the quality of the food and the service.

2111_zpsb1894d58.jpg

2112_zpsfac10bba.jpg

Weekdays (other than Friday) it may be possible to walk-in and be lucky enough to get a corner table, though reservations is highly recommended for the weekend/public holidays' brunch. 

Selection isn't as vast as some other places, but you do get good quality.  Their dim sum chef was formerly from Imperial Treasures I heard.  The vegetarian mushroom dumpling is both refreshing to taste and pretty to look at.  And the lao sar pow is petite enough for a mouthful (ahem....going by my bf's mouth that is).  As a desserts person, I'd recommend the mango silky roll (available only a la carte) and the pomelo mango soup.  The egg custard sponge is a quirky creation, takes some getting used to, but the mini egg tarts are a safe and yummy bet.

Hope those of you who go there enjoy yourselves too.  :)

Instagram @the_meowprince

Oh, for the photos, those were taken from both the weekend brunch and the a la carte items. 

The brunch comes with a whole mini abalone soup and a choice of lobster done in 3 different ways, all of which are delicious.  The salmon sashimi is only available as a brunch item.  The rest are all available on normal weekdays as part of the ala carte dim sum menu.  Those little pows in the picture are the lao sar pow (taken piping hot, the lava really flows!!). and the siew mai there is topped with roe.

Yan Ting prides themselves on their roast port and char siew, the latter being the fatty type that IMO is the good char siew (even though its really not so good for cholesterol and our hearts).  Can skip the soya chicken, though.

The cod wrapped in cabbage is another must-try, especially since the stock its served in is delicately sweet and so yummy!

The last two pictures are regular desserts, red bean and banana fritter and mango pudding. 

Instagram @the_meowprince

The dim sum brunch is $98++ as posted.

A la carte items range widely, but most of the common items are around $6.80++ a serving.

Yes. I totally agreed with MeowPrince. I was there on sunday, not only the food was good, the service was excellent. :thumb:

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

• 2 months later...

Weekend Dim Sum Brunch

Details

Be enthralled with award-winning signature dishes that includes fresh seafood, succulent meats as well as authentic Cantonese servings of barbecued roast meats and an enchanting selection of dim sum.

Weekend dim sum brunch is served every Saturday and Sunday from 12noon to 3pm at SGD98.00++ per person, and SGD158.00++ per person with complimentary flow of Billecart-Salmon Brut Réserve.

Not applicable for SPG Restaurants & Bars discounts.

Date
Friday, April 5, 2013 to Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I went there few months ago with my bf... Food quality is fine, but seriously, I think it is overly priced. I will not go back there again.

Cherry garden dim sum also quite ex, about $70, but quality dropped recently, but still cheaper than Yan ting.. 

Fullerton dim sum not bad, about $50

The recent one I tried was Ju Chun Yuan, about $23per person NETT. Standard is reasonable for an afternoon gathering with good ambience. Chicken feet not up to my standard, the dessert (mango sago) was a let-down. but for such price, ok lor, not too picky. But if i pay $98++, i will be very picky. hahahah

• 1 month later...

Oh by the way, in addition to the points, SPG members get 15% off food :) on lunch and dinner.

1. Black Out Dates: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and Chinese New Year
  2. Special Menus/Events: Not applicable during breakfast and brunch

Does that mean that the buffet is only available for breakfast and brunch? 15% on a la carte sounds less fun.

Edited by Enelym1978

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.