Male HQ

Healthy Meals/recipes For A Fitter Body

Prince+ve

Hey,

Recently I've been working out but realised that my body fat is stubbornly staying there. Moreover, as I try to juggle work and gym, I find myself very drained even before I can head to the gym.

I strongly feel its my diet. So I'm trying to cook my own meals however really am not sure where to start. Thus, I'm asking for help here if anyone has any good meal recommendations e.g. recipes/youtube videos that they have tried and help them attain more energy for their workouts/lose excess fats.

Thank you

- Brian

Guest Passingthru

Whatever food you learn to make, first be clear on the following:

-  consuming fat doesn't give you fat.  Ditto cholesterol.

-  saturated fat from natural sources is NOT bad.  Hydrogenated fat is bad.

-  coconut actually boosts metabolism but consume only fresh coconut cream if possible or at least ones without added stabilisers++. Virgin coconut oil is also a very good product.

-  eggs are good for you, especially organic ones.

-  increase your Omega-3.  Most of us have our Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratios seriously out of whack,ie, way too much Omega 6.

-  the food pyramid is a scam

-  eat 3 solid meals a day, not grazing or the 5-6 small meals myth.  Eating constantly "throws a spanner" into the works of your hormonal system.

-  eat plenty of protein and have much of your vegetables raw.

-  get your carbohydrates from fibre rich sources like sweet potatoes, fruit, oats and whole grains but keep the amounts low.

-  no more white sugar, sodas or packaged drinks.

Some simple meal examples:

BREAKFAST:  Full fat yoghurt + oats + chia seeds + fruit. 

LUNCH:  Tuna + avocado + tomato + wheatgerm + olive oil + seasonings( includes lemon juice ).  Wrap with chappati or some wholemeal flat bread( tacos? ).  Alternatively, just eat with some wholemeal or multigrain bread or crackers.

DINNER:  Curried chicken( started in a crockpot in the morning.  Chicken + coconut cream + curry powder + 5 spice powder + onion-garlic-ginger ).  Steam cubed sweet potato till soft( takes only 5 - 10 mins! ) followed by broccoli and immediately dress with butter & seasonings.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of healthy fats, I've been regularly eating cod liver oil suspension thrice daily. Not sure if its the right thing to do.

2 things I've realised is:

1) my current job drains me too much for me to even gym, any foods that is known to boosts your energy? or should I just finish the contract then chiong?

2) As i try to move away from fried foods etc, i become more drawn/tempted to eat it... been eating it most of my life so its like 2nd nature & healthier foods tastes bland/bleaaaah... did you guys went through the same? lanlansuckthumb & fight it off? or its ok to indulge once and awhile?

So i end my dumdumness  with a LE BUMP!

Guest Passingthru

1. Reduce your cod liver oil intake to just once a day.  You may be overdosing on vit A & D.  You must also question if such oils may be contaminated by mercury, dioxins...etc.

2.  What do you consider regular gym going?  Everyday?  Do a study/research to see if like benefits can be obtained from just gymning twice a week.  How about fitness short cuts like reverse push ups( google Menshealth reverse push ups ) which you can easily do at home?  Add in some stretching too.

3.  Fried foods are actually fine if,

- they were fried in oil not used more than twice

- properly fried whereby the fat hasn't penetrated the insides of the food.  Tempuras are the ultimate 'clean' deep frying.

- balance them with raw foods.  It's no coincidence that fried chicken goes well with coleslaw.

4.  If your current employment doesn't pay well or you don't see better remuneration or benefits in the future, then junk it.  Otherwise, keep it and focus on fitness shortcuts instead.

Whatever food you learn to make, first be clear on the following:

-  consuming fat doesn't give you fat.  Ditto cholesterol.

-  saturated fat from natural sources is NOT bad.  Hydrogenated fat is bad.

-  coconut actually boosts metabolism but consume only fresh coconut cream if possible or at least ones without added stabilisers++. Virgin coconut oil is also a very good product.

-  eggs are good for you, especially organic ones.

-  increase your Omega-3.  Most of us have our Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratios seriously out of whack,ie, way too much Omega 6.

-  the food pyramid is a scam

-  eat 3 solid meals a day, not grazing or the 5-6 small meals myth.  Eating constantly "throws a spanner" into the works of your hormonal system.

-  eat plenty of protein and have much of your vegetables raw.

-  get your carbohydrates from fibre rich sources like sweet potatoes, fruit, oats and whole grains but keep the amounts low.

-  no more white sugar, sodas or packaged drinks.

this.

• 3 years later...
On 07/04/2013 at 11:06 AM, Prince+ve said:

Get Your Carbs from sources low in Glycemix Index. The glycemic index is a value assigned to foods based on how slowly or how quickly those foods cause increases in blood glucose levels. Foods low on the glycemic index (GI) scale tend to release glucose slowly and steadily. Foods high on the glycemic index release glucose rapidly. Low GI foods tend to foster weight loss. Hope it helps. Cheers.

1418286944356.jpeg

𝓜𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓴 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼.

• 1 month later...

Just in case you get tired, you should concern about oregano. This guy is very powerful. You need more energy, and this guy is the thing for you. With vitamins B and some organic compounds in its content, one of top oregano health benefits is to enhance your metabolism. This, in turn, helps to energize and rejuvenate the body by maximizing the circulation. Oregano is also rich in iron which is important for the production of hemoglobin. Hemoglobin will carry more oxygen to every cell and muscle, making you more energetic and stronger. You will have more information on this post. https://wikihomenutrition.com/oregano-health-benefits/ . You can use this for salad or dry it and then drink for more energy. Besides, it can boost many other parts of your body.
You can see banana is the fruit that can help you. Compared with many foods, bananas are relatively low in calories, but they are rich in antioxidants and healthy carbohydrates, which break down into blood sugar for fuel. Bananas happen to be low in fiber and are easily digestible, which means their sugar enters your body quickly for a rapid energy boost. Many athletics using banana as the energy booster.
There are many fruits and vegetables that help you to change the diet in to more various one. You can see more in this link: https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/Internet/F...1p2_023109.pdf   

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.