Male HQ

What Is Your All Time Favorite Song? (compiled)

reflection

On 8/25/2020 at 9:10 PM, Kimochi said:

Listen also waterfall sia ~ those era also many powerhouse singers. Love it! 

this is not SIA. SIA sang only in the 2010s!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Branigan

She passed away in her sleep 16 years ago today.

"Laura Branigan died in her sleep at her lodge in East Quogue, New York, on August 26, 2004, at age 52.[2] The cause was attributed to a previously undiagnosed ventricular brain aneurysm. It was reported in the media that she had been experiencing headaches for several weeks before her death, but did not seek medical attention"

Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator

Laura Branigan died much too young but "Gloria" and "Self-Control" as well as so many of her other songs continue to live in the hearts of her fans.

• 6 months later...
Guest Guest post lick by
On 5/5/2020 at 9:07 PM, seeyouinblowingwind said:

Fadga? What are you even saying?

what he means is that Lady Gaga is a fad, and past her sell by date, and her star is quickly fading.  over the hill already for Gaga.

kinda agree, she stretched herself out too thin , and her fan based is fickle and mercurial.

have a hunch is , she will either jump off a building or put a gun to her mouth due to career depression.

the signs are  already there.

slowing album sales, she being in body pain, need painkillers, cannot settle down with many bf changes , etc etc

Guest Popfan
10 hours ago, Guest Guest post lick by said:

what he means is that Lady Gaga is a fad, and past her sell by date, and her star is quickly fading.  over the hill already for Gaga.

kinda agree, she stretched herself out too thin , and her fan based is fickle and mercurial.

have a hunch is , she will either jump off a building or put a gun to her mouth due to career depression.

the signs are  already there.

slowing album sales, she being in body pain, need painkillers, cannot settle down with many bf changes , etc etc

Yup, none can match Madonna in her longevity in pop music career. Though she is not as popular as she was in the past, she still wields considerable influence.  One thing though tgat Lady Gaga has an edge over Madonna is that she's  a better actress than Madonna. Lol.

Guest Guest

Chromatica is a flop. Its Rain on me single was a hit because of 1 reason, Arianna Grande. Its lead single Stupid Love was a moderate hit.

I love Express Yourself/Born This Way.

Guest Guest
12 minutes ago, superflawless said:

Gaga is already in Rome filming "Gucci".

I expect that she will also be nominated for Best Actress for such a meaty role. Anyway, she has one Oscar more than that other who one who should not wear capes.

The other at same stage of gag’s career released Bedtime Stories, resulting in 3 major classic hits, Secret, the massive single Take A Bow and Human Nature. Gag? following that album, the other releases Ray Of Light, Music, Confessions..and embarked on Sticky & Sweet and MDNA tours.

And gag’s last album barely had any single driven hits without the help of arianna and black pink.

Guest Guest
24 minutes ago, Guest Nicki Meenarch said:

Which one is Gaga's worst album?

This is a difficult question to answer. I cannot decide between the totally pretentious self absorbed Artpop, the fake trying to be classy Cheek to Cheek, the dreadfull dull Joanne or the ‘trying too hard where songs sound the same’ mess that is Chromatica.

Guest Nicki Meenarch
15 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

This is a difficult question to answer. I cannot decide between the totally pretentious self absorbed Artpop, the fake trying to be classy Cheek to Cheek, the dreadfull dull Joanne or the ‘trying too hard where songs sound the same’ mess that is Chromatica.

:lol: 

I played artpop on youtube and couldn't get past the first somg.

I love Artpop. I still listen to it periodically. The best is still Fame Monster.

Gaga has had great success from Chromatica. At least there was a #1 hit song from that album.

I am not being flippant but I honestly cannot remember when Madonna's last top #1 song was. Care to remind me? Was it before 2010?

I could try to google but I am not motivated. 

Guest Derry Boy

madonna, whitney, janet, celine, maraih, britney are all way ahead. In terms of sales, chart achievements. 

For the current crop, prefer katy perry.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, superflawless said:

I love Artpop. I still listen to it periodically. The best is still Fame Monster.

Gaga has had great success from Chromatica. At least there was a #1 hit song from that album.

I am not being flippant but I honestly cannot remember when Madonna's last top #1 song was. Care to remind me? Was it before 2010?

I could try to google but I am not motivated. 

Rubbish. Chromatic only had Rain On Me hitting no1 on main billboard chart and that’s becos of arianna. The 1st single was a minor hit while the 3rd ain’t.

Guest Found

I finally found the song that I have been looking for by reading the comments of a tiktok video that was using the song. 

The song gave me a momentarily upbeat feeling to face another day. 

I found another song at the same time from the tiktok video. And I keep playing again and again.

And I wanted to share with you guys. Hope that it gives you the positive feeling to face another day.

2 hours ago, Guest Found said:

I finally found the song that I have been looking for by reading the comments of a tiktok video that was using the song. 

I found another song at the same time from the tiktok video. And I keep playing again and again.

And I wanted to share with you guys. Hope that it gives you the positive feeling to face another day.

Nice songs! Thanks for sharing. I often remind myself of songs that touch my heart and uplift my spirit. When I’m down, I will listen to them to bring me back on track. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

woohoo!

Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande have picked up a Grammy award for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for “Rain on Me” off of Lady Gaga’s album Chromatica.

Suck on this Madge.

With the win, "Rain on Me" becomes the first all-female song to win Best Pop Duo/Group Performance at the Grammys.  This is Gaga’s 12th and Ariana’s 2nd Grammy.

Edited by superflawless

Guest Guest
9 hours ago, superflawless said:

woohoo!

Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande have picked up a Grammy award for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for “Rain on Me” off of Lady Gaga’s album Chromatica.

Suck on this Madge.

With the win, "Rain on Me" becomes the first all-female song to win Best Pop Duo/Group Performance at the Grammys.  This is Gaga’s 12th and Ariana’s 2nd Grammy.

Suck on what? At least unlike Gaga, Madonna was kind enough to lend gaga her stage for her flop tour.

Guest Am I right?
21 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Today being SUNDAY,  I found two songs appropriate for the occasion.

This song belongs to your era. Makes you feel how time has slipped away, so fast from your hands and you have wished, you could turn back the clock and rewrite your story.

1 hour ago, Guest Am I right? said:

This song belongs to your era. Makes you feel how time has slipped away, so fast from your hands and you have wished, you could turn back the clock and rewrite your story.

Paul Anka...  I haven't thought of his name for the last half-century!   I remember his name but not his songs, since I never listened to them.

I feel time passing, every time faster as I get older.  But it does not slip away.  I make good use of it. 

You will also find that the best time is when it ALL belongs to you:   when you don't have to spend it a work, raising a family, dealing with conflicts.

And in this best time of mine, I also found the song I like to play on my piano like this lady does on her:

This Song Without Words, is much older than your Paul Anka song, having been written by Felix Mendelssohn in 1830, a different era.  But it withheld the passage of time, like most good things do :) 

34 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

This Song Without Words, is much older than your Paul Anka song, having been written by Felix Mendelssohn in 1830, a different era.  But it withheld the passage of time, like most good things do :) 

You missed your grandmother song. Interesting. 

Guest Popfan
On 3/8/2021 at 4:56 PM, Guest Guest said:

Have to agree that Gaga is getting stale in her music. She's a novelty when she first  started out with The Fame album but her music has became more and more boring in her subsequent releases. She still can't be compared with Madonna who's the Queen of reinventing her image and was way way more ahead in her music career than Gaga when she was at her peak. I see more potential growth in acting career for Gaga. Hope she hones her acting skill and curves out a successful career in acting. 

1 hour ago, Guest Hmmm said:

You missed your grandmother song. Interesting. 

Contrary to the case of the TS,  I am not missing songs,  there are plenty I like,  but I FIND them.   This Song Without Words is not one of the most famous piano songs and other compositions of Mendelssohn,  so I doubt my grandmother knew of it,  but it is of extraordinary beauty.  Like much of the work of this composer.  You should listen to his music, instead of...  Paul Anka.

5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You should listen to his music, instead of...  Paul Anka.

I prefer hymns . It makes me feel like floating in the sky and then embraced by the Godly one. 

2 hours ago, Guest Hmmm said:

I prefer hymns . It makes me feel like floating in the sky and then embraced by the Godly one. 

Listen to Mendelssohn's "Overture to a midsummer night's dream" and you will feel like elevated to heaven.

And if you have a bf,  listen to Mendelssohn's Nuptial March, and it will strengthen your relationship :) 

Guest Break Dancer
19 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Listen to Mendelssohn's "Overture to a midsummer night's dream" and you will feel like elevated to heaven.

And if you have a bf,  listen to Mendelssohn's Nuptial March, and it will strengthen your relationship :) 

10 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Paul Anka...  I haven't thought of his name for the last half-century!   I remember his name but not his songs, since I never listened to them.

I feel time passing, every time faster as I get older.  But it does not slip away.  I make good use of it. 

You will also find that the best time is when it ALL belongs to you:   when you don't have to spend it a work, raising a family, dealing with conflicts.

And in this best time of mine, I also found the song I like to play on my piano like this lady does on her:

These are not even song.  They are musics for the ballroom high tea functions, with a few elegant souls dancing to its tune, ballad style, and behaving like an aristocratic freak.  Sorry,  I can't relate.

4 minutes ago, Guest Break Dancer said:

These are not even song.  They are musics for the ballroom high tea functions, with a few elegant souls dancing to its tune, ballad style, and behaving like an aristocratic freak.  Sorry,  I can't relate.

Sorry, a piano can be played in a way that IT SINGS!  Singing is not limited to humans and birds.  People can master their instrument and make it sing.  See:

https://www.schmopera.com/instruments-can-sing-too/#:~:text=Something that young instrumentalists hear,re not singing at all.&text=Instruments really are trying to,of some musical sound pyramid.

Much of classical music was written for the aristocracy.  Listen to Chopin's Ballades.  And his Waltzes... fantastic music of the highest elegance that were not written for dancing but to fascinate small audiences.   Anyone who is not afraid of classical music can relate to it. 

Guest Guest Curious
12 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I've never thought of Mendel whateverhisnam. And I'll take Paul Anka and My Way any day over Alicia de Whatevershername. A song is a song. A voice sings it.

Guest So Gross!
2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Sorry, a piano can be played in a way that IT SINGS!  Singing is not limited to humans and birds.  People can master their instrument and make it sing.  See:

TS is referring to song, not sound.  Otherwise farting is still considered a song, by your defintion.

On 3/14/2021 at 2:23 PM, Guest Found said:

Both songs are nice. your 1st song is the OST for a Chinese drama call "go go squid" (available on netflix). quite a nice romance/gaming drama featuring li xian and yang zi. 

Guest Found
7 hours ago, Atlas Star said:

Both songs are nice. your 1st song is the OST for a Chinese drama call "go go squid" (available on netflix). quite a nice romance/gaming drama featuring li xian and yang zi. 

Li Xian so handsome. But I didnt watch the drama although I think I have opened the drama before in my phone app. But maybe did not notice or I just skip through the middle to check nice drama or not. 

I'm so horny right now. When I saw the word squid. Suddenly remember story about sailors using squid to release themselves. Where can I get a squid right now???

Guest Found
3 hours ago, jlone said:

I think most songs can be found on youtube if you know the title n singer. 

Exactly. But I heard from radio the first time and sometimes later. Was waiting for dj to announce the title but the dj didnt. Sometimes can roughly search from youtube by typing the chorus part. I tried initially. I only remember 'keep on running' part. But still cannot find. I tried to search my old post but cannot find. Maybe my old post is very very old already. 

Guest Found
3 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Sometimes you like the music or song being played but got no idea what’s the title. Using Shazam or equivalent app might help. 

Nice app. 

• G_M changed the title to What Is Your All Time Favorite Song? (compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.