Male HQ

Gaybies, Strong Paternal Instincts

Closeted_jock

I have a very strong sense of paternal instincts and would very much wish to have a kid or two of my own.

However, the harsh fact is that in the traditional Asian society that we are in, it is kind of far fetched to conceive this idea. Even in countries where gay marriage is allowed, gaybies might be exposed to needless criticisms as well as bullying.

Furthermore, the scene is often filled with people who want to have fun, and starting a family usually comes as the least priority (or at least from whom I have exposed to). Which drives me to my question, is there anyone who has the same sentiment with me? That there is no difference when it comes to sexuality when it comes to starting a family and having children?

kids r cute but taking care of them isnt an easy feat... like TS said, its a hash fact in this traditional asian society... tts why i would go for the next best option... get a puppy i love!

I guess getting a puppy would be the closest thing an aj can get to being a daddy.

Or perhaps keep a sugar boy. LOL

Edited by NielKlient

I agree with that stance on the topic, but convincing others to see it that way? I've tried and it's just impossible to get people to see any other perspective other than the "ERMAGURD GAYS WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD IF WE DON'T CONTINUE TO OSTRACIZE, DEMEAN and RIDICULE THEM!"

I have a strong desire to start a family of my own, but it might be impossible to do it with another guy in this age.

I believe having a family or at least someone with whom you're co-dependent with is essential to being human. But I'm not sure if paternal instinct is inherent.

I do have a mental picture of raising my own kids, though i can't tell if it'd gonna be as a single / coupled parent.

~ Let's get one thing straight, I'm not. ~

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to have a child of my own, but the chances of it happening is very low.

Adoption is complicated in sg, guess the next alternative will be sponsorship. Meanwhile I will just direct my parental instinct towards my nieces and nephews

成熟不是心變老,是淚在打轉,卻依然還能微笑。

My mum has been a baby sitter for many years and I have seen lots of babies grown into toddlers and leaving us and I wonder how nice if I could have a child of my own. The most recent kid has grown to call me 'papa' which pulled my heart all the time I was called. Even when I was out and hear some child calling "papa", I instinctively turn my head around... gosh.

• 9 years later...

Reviving this thread as I happen to chance upon it.

Kids are angels. 

I remember when I was an undergrad I took on a job to conduct surveys at a pediatric clinic. It wasn't easy as I had to solicit parents to do a 30 min survey. Every moment felt like a struggle.

Then one cutesy 5 year old boy came to say hi with a smile that brightened up my day.

I am lucky as I get to teach kids. There would always be boys who would come to give me a hug.

How not to love them?

6 hours ago, JoJoMan said:

I am a mature seeking Dad Son Relationship 💙 

Still seeking ... persevering...

How does a discussion on parenting becomes another thread for you to seek fun.

1 warning point for posting ad and diverting the discussion.

If I catch you spamming the forum with your hookup ads, you will be treated as a spammer and be banned like any other spammer.

On 4/19/2014 at 12:40 PM, slackerj said:

I would love to have a child of my own, but the chances of it happening is very low.

Adoption is complicated in sg, guess the next alternative will be sponsorship. Meanwhile I will just direct my parental instinct towards my nieces and nephews

That's what I do too.. directing my parental instinct to my nephews and niece.. when they were v young it happen before some of them 'accidentally' called me 'daddy' in a slip of tongue, and boy that feels good...

I had wanted kids before and that was why i married my ex-wife because she was initially onboard to start a family. But she wanted the first 2 years of marriage to be childless first because she wants to experience that, even though we had been dating for 5 years prior marriage. Fine, we used protection for the first 2 years.

And after the second year of marriage, she said she was bored. Bored of the routine and responsibility of taking part in my family dinners etc. She confessed that she missed her singlehood life where she could go clubbing or trips with her gfs. I allowed her to do that before anyway but I'm not a clubber like her.

Then she said she cannot imagine herself having kids.

What a shock and a liar to my family as well cos she kept saying she wanted kids and when I wanted to start our family, she said she wanted out and so she's out of my life now and I'm actually quite wary of women now.

Edited by EastChat

On 6/12/2023 at 12:39 PM, EastChat said:

I had wanted kids before and that was why i married my ex-wife because she was initially onboard to start a family. But she wanted the first 2 years of marriage to be childless first because she wants to experience that, even though we had been dating for 5 years prior marriage. Fine, we used protection for the first 2 years.

And after the second year of marriage, she said she was bored. Bored of the routine and responsibility of taking part in my family dinners etc. She confessed that she missed her singlehood life where she could go clubbing or trips with her gfs. I allowed her to do that before anyway but I'm not a clubber like her.

What a shock and a liar to my family as well cos she kept saying she wanted kids and when I wanted to start our family, she said she wanted out and so she's out of my life now and I'm actually quite wary of women now.

Wah. Wasted few years w someone whom you think could have a family with. Me on the contrary will not want to have kids although it feels good to be called 'daddy' by my nephews, as I dont think i can handle the stress and commitment. Just direct that feel and love to them also feels good to me and I'm contented. 

Edited by Leanmeat

• 1 month later...

That is cruel of her. Either she lacked maturity or integrity. Prob a good thing she has her exit now. Imagine finding out another big lie somewhere down the relationship, during a worse time.

That is cruel of her. Either she lacked maturity or integrity. Prob a good thing she has her exit now. Imagine finding out another big lie somewhere down the relationship, during a worse time.

there are a lot of cruel people in this world and sometimes woman can be so complicated too.