Male HQ

Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)

What do you guys think of lighter-scented body spritzers instead of EDTs? I personally prefer sweeter scents which aren't too harsh - men's fragrances are often too metallic and artificial in my opinion. I've been using a couple of body sprays and spritzers which are normally targeted at women but I feel the lighter and sweeter smell mixes better with my body than normal EDTs/colognes. Specifically I think vanilla-based smells work best on me.

17 hours ago, ixmog said:

Current TOP fragrances and not in order

1. Hermes Terre d'Hermes Eau de Parfum

2. Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte Eau de Cologne

3. Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme Eau de Toilette

4. L'occitane Eau des Baux Eau de Toilette

Congrats of your choices, but where do you buy your Hermes Terre Eau e PArfum, I find for my case the scent I bought in Singapore do not last more than 3 hours , at most the middle and basenotes last 2 hours and the top notes of Grapefruit and Citruses last less than half an hour,  and it was mentioned in fragrantica and basenotes.com that the terre d' hermes have very long lasting scents when it was first launched more than 6-7 years ago,

subsequent reformulations to conform to E.U safety requirements saw to it that Hermes reduced the super Iso E chemical inits formula, drastically reducing its longevity and big and wide sillage, ( How far and wide the scents envelopes and engulfs people around you and the aura of the scent- sillage).

Seems like Hermes Eau de PArfum works for you, does it lasts more than six hours for you, what is the comments you get from your work colleagues,

I find that probably Hermes Terre dhermes works better for people with darker skin tones  like Indians and Caucasians rather than Chinese and Orientals, what do you think ??

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Congrats of your choices, but where do you buy your Hermes Terre Eau e PArfum, I find for my case the scent I bought in Singapore do not last more than 3 hours , at most the middle and basenotes last 2 hours and the top notes of Grapefruit and Citruses last less than half an hour,  and it was mentioned in fragrantica and basenotes.com that the terre d' hermes have very long lasting scents when it was first launched more than 6-7 years ago,

subsequent reformulations to conform to E.U safety requirements saw to it that Hermes reduced the super Iso E chemical inits formula, drastically reducing its longevity and big and wide sillage, ( How far and wide the scents envelopes and engulfs people around you and the aura of the scent- sillage).

Seems like Hermes Eau de PArfum works for you, does it lasts more than six hours for you, what is the comments you get from your work colleagues,

I find that probably Hermes Terre dhermes works better for people with darker skin tones  like Indians and Caucasians rather than Chinese and Orientals, what do you think ??

Firstly, Hermes Terre D'Hermes comes in three variation of eau de parfum, eau de toilette and eau tres fraiche. Of course, different price too. I do not know which variations you had tried but here are my opinion. 

1) Eau de parfum - The strongest fragrance among the variations. Opening scent is fresh citrus and dry down to middle notes and the manly base notes. It lasted more than 12 hours on me from morning 7am till 9pm. When I am back home, I can still smell it. Longevity is perfect and sillage is good but it won't make you a sillage bomb. Comes in 75ml and 200ml but of course the most expensive version. I love it and currently using it. Great for office wear. 

2) Eau de Toilette - This suppose to be the less stronger version of it. I never like the opening because it is not so fresh compared to the eau de parfum version. I can't use it because it has an odd kind of middle notes on me before drying down to base notes. Maybe you can try. This will last 6 hours on me. Comes in 50ml, 100ml and 200ml. 

3) Eau tres Fraiche - This version suppose to be the fresh version of all variation. Hermes marketed it as a fresh sport scent. It's Eau de toilette but more like a Eau de Cologne concentrate. Smell great on me but it does not last. The best is 3 hours and you have to re-apply. Great for after gym workout. Comes in 75ml and 125ml. 

I can't comment on the reformulation due to EU requirement and the ban of use of oak moss in perfume because I won't know which batch of production I had purchased from. By the way, it will affect all fragrances from all brand. But there are articles claiming it will reduce the longevity and sillage. The worst is it may even alter the scent. 

Comments from colleague and gym mates are positive. Nobody complain that Terre smell bad ... Ha ha !  I don't think the point Terre works well on people with darker skin tone is valid. Perfume reacts to everyone's body differently. I am a fair skin Chinese. I don't find it a problem. Lastly, L'occitane Eau des Baux works very well on me. I have men hugging me and sniffing me deliciously hard and saying I smell so good. Save the after details. Ha ha ...

Edited by ixmog

Comments from colleague and gym mates are positive. Nobody complain that Terre smell bad ... Ha ha !  I don't think the point Terre works well on people with darker skin tone is valid. Perfume reacts to everyone's body differently. I am a fair skin Chinese. I don't find it a problem. Lastly, L'occitane Eau des Baux works very well on me. I have men hugging me and sniffing me deliciously hard and saying I smell so good. Save the after details. Ha ha ...

Edited 1 hour ago by ixmog

Makes my imagination go overdrive, I hope you had many happy endings

1) Eau de parfum - The strongest fragrance among the variations. Opening scent is fresh citrus and dry down to middle notes and the manly base notes. It lasted more than 12 hours on me from morning 7am till 9pm. When I am back home, I can still smell it. Longevity is perfect and sillage is good but it won't make you a sillage bomb. Comes in 75ml and 200ml but of course the most expensive version. I love it and currently using it. Great for office wear. 

I did find Hermes Terre d'hermes has a middle and basenote that is quite different from many other men's EDT, the gun flint note and pepper notes are quite terrestial , hence terre.

Many brands like have a fruity or citrusy middle note that mke them smelll like airfrshener.

• 8 months later...

My favorite scents (Not by order):

1. Tom Ford Noir Extreme

2. Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

3. Ferrari Essence Oud

4. Acqua Di Gio Profumo

5. Theirry Mugler Ultra Zest

Everyday go to scents:

1. Dior Sauvage

2. Thierry Mugler Pure Malt/Havane 

Under your influence, you're the magic in my veins.

On 06/11/2016 at 0:33 AM, CordonBleu said:

Bleu de chanel, Mont Blanc legend, A&F Fierce...?

Least that are all the whiffs i get in pubs. 

Fresh scents perhaps?

Mont Blanc Legend and A&F have the same scent. And I agree people use this frequently to the club due to the good projection. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, TopChinese said:

Where to buy Hermes, Issey Miyake and all those nice perfume mentioned above? DFS is very ex these days

Lucky Plaza and Far East Plaza, always. ;)

2 hours ago, wantonmee said:

like christian dior homme. citrusy. but it's not v long lasting tho.

I believe the batch from 2015 to 2016 have horrible lasting power, even Dior Homme Intense don't last as long anymore. 

Luckily I got mine since 2013, easily last me 12hrs++.

I've been using L'eau D'issey Pour Homme. Smells nice.

Shamelessly promoting my friend's business here. She has contacts in the official distributing company and she sold me the L'eau D'issey Miyake Pour Homme EDT 125ml for $78.00 (Retail $135.00, Changi Airport $116.10). She sells other brands too like John Varvatos. All products are authentic. She doesn't have an online presence but feel free to contact me if you wanna save some money on perfume. (can get you a price quote at least)

A licensed gay realtor

8 minutes ago, Ageel said:

Still searching for CK Be and Mont Blanc Legend Pour Femme (coz it's less intense compared to Pour Homme) :(  

But Mont Blanc Pour Femme(floral) and Pour Homme(sweet/fruity) are two different smell altogether. O.o

2 minutes ago, CordonBleu said:

But Mont Blanc Pour Femme(floral) and Pour Homme(sweet/fruity) are two different smell altogether. O.o

I was hoping it'd be sweet from the reviews I read but the smell imo is similar to that of A&F; very intense. So I settled for the Femme one instead. 

Guest mature guy

i like to buy a genuine bottle of Dunhill Icon, 100 ml, but  I dont want to pay retail prices, it cost $149 on Orchard road, suggestions for where to get this cheaper in Singapore.

I like Dunhill Icon because it smells great . Not a teeny booper, Ploly student or University student scent, but a serious masculine dont mess with me type of attention getter.

The bottle looks like a jewel too.

Image result for dunhill icon edp pics

Related imageImage result for dunhill icon edp pics

This is a really classy scent too bad it sells at full reatil on Orchard road,

On Saturday, March 04, 2017 at 2:23 PM, levoyageur said:

Hermes Le jardin apres la mousson

Dior Homme Sport

Atkinson's 24 Old Bond Street

Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt

Le jardin apres la mousson smells a bit too sweet after the spicy top note dies down. I prefer Monsieur Li of the jardin series but it is not too long lasting.

• 5 months later...
21 hours ago, futaki said:

Does anyone know where to get Loewe colognes in sg?

I like their Solo range cos it lasts in our heat and humidity....

Have you tried Ocean at People's Park Complex? If not, Yue Hwa has a super-wide range which can test-and-try, catering to PRC tourists...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Hazing One Bunkmate

I had run out of cologne last night, but my sister's perfume was sitting on the bathroom counter, so I spritzed some on my upper body before going outside. Got contact information from three new guys, and danced with a few more, so something clearly went right. Need to find out what brand is her bottle. Even though I'm a top, after having such good luck, maybe I'll start wearing her girly perfume whenever I go clubbing. Hahaha.

• 2 months later...

I am using Armaf Club De Nuit Intense. The one that they say similar to Creed Aventus, but with a better price, longevity and also a but fresh with the smoky pineapple scent. 

Go and read on the net about this. Surely u want to try. 

I discovered this last year, and it’s my 3rd bottle now. Hope no one else discover this because i would like to have it alone due to having TOOOOOOOO many compliments when using this one. 

Guest horizon

Anyone use Horizon by Guy Laroche before? It's my fave but sadly they discontinued that.

Love the fresh and sweet notes. I still have half a bottle left. Using it only on special occasions.

On 1/23/2018 at 11:49 AM, jammyhk01 said:

Got a large bottle but it lasts 15 min only unfortunately 

No long lasting power, but I can still smell hints of it after  an hour or so. Probably due to weather factor. 

Edited by gabbyisbot

On 1/20/2018 at 8:01 AM, AmirHusaini said:

I am using Armaf Club De Nuit Intense. The one that they say similar to Creed Aventus, but with a better price, longevity and also a but fresh with the smoky pineapple scent. 

Go and read on the net about this. Surely u want to try. 

I discovered this last year, and it’s my 3rd bottle now. Hope no one else discover this because i would like to have it alone due to having TOOOOOOOO many compliments when using this one. 

I have this as well and am currently using it ...I also have another similar one is Lomani AB silver but it has a sweeter drydown but poorer projection, so replaced it with Armaf. Creed Aventus is so expensive but I would say those other two perfumes are very close to it.

Currently alternating between these scents:

Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Men

Dunhill Edition

Mugler Cologne

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Comme Des Garscon Avignon

YSL L'Homme

• G_M changed the title to Perfume / Cologne / EDT Discussion (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.