Male HQ

Bw Men Cook

snowball

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone has good lubang for Le Creuset French oven pot?

I'm only aware about tangs sale got 20% discount and 12% rebate on certain days. The steepest discount I came across was during robinsons centerpoint closing down sale - 40% discount IIRC - but this is REALLY rare. Hmmm unless they got warehouse sale or SAMPLE sale... heh heh... then everybody will 'chiong' down to get it.:)

I'm only aware about tangs sale got 20% discount and 12% rebate on certain days. The steepest discount I came across was during robinsons centerpoint closing down sale - 40% discount IIRC - but this is REALLY rare. Hmmm unless they got warehouse sale or SAMPLE sale... heh heh... then everybody will 'chiong' down to get it. :)

Thank you very much for the info.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good idea, i dont mind organizing, but u guys dont be "too loud" ok? (as i m not living alone)

while My dining table can be extended to accomodate group of 10+, but the kitchen is the typical small HDB type...and might not have enough pots&pans if some of u wanna cook on the spot.... Live cooking is a must, because I assumed some dishes cannot be prepared before u come over....

and i would VERY much love to learn from u guys, i love to attend cooking classes(but nowadays getting more and more expensive! dont expect something professional w hands-on for less than $80) so would be good if some of you can impart your skills for  me to 偷师

i dont wish to be a Lip-service, i like to make something i desired into real

Studdyboy, that is not a difficult job!

but if potluck, it may end up many person bringing quite alot of the similar food, hence more planning needed

that can be resolved, someone compile the list... as in note down who bring what... if not bring same dish = boring erh...

some good example is someone bring beehoon, then the other person bring Curry... totally good combo...

it won't be great if someone bring beehoon another one bring fried rice... sure no ppl eat de  :unsure:

PS: Just did Million $$$ Chicken... taste... TOTALLY worth a MILLION !!!

Edited by ThePineapple

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

Really ? the milliion $$ chicken, i wanna do it one day when i m free?

But why no one love the fried rice, when there is beehoon? it should offer variety

Coz both Beehoon and Fried Rice normally come in big Quantity de... - let's say the gathering got 13 ppl, the person cooking Beehoon or fried Rice sure estimate 13 person's portion... then how to finish sia... zzz dun forget the others leh... ? like grilled chicken or sth leh...?

Yep the Million $$$ Chicken is totally worth it... must try :) 

The bread looks ugly-black-toasted... but it turns out pretty good haha... coz it absorb all the juice and sauce from the chicken !

Edited by ThePineapple

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

Coz both Beehoon and Fried Rice normally come in big Quantity de... - let's say the gathering got 13 ppl, the person cooking Beehoon or fried Rice sure estimate 13 person's portion... then how to finish sia... zzz dun forget the others leh... ? like grilled chicken or sth leh...?

The bread looks ugly-black-toasted... but it turns out pretty good haha... coz it absorb all the juice and sauce from the chicken !

Hmm. I would tink it's not necessary for 1 person to cook 13 people's worth of beehoon ba.. can be done by 3 people and the rest would be dish and drinks. That way, it's easier to manage for all. The main aim of it isn't really "buffet" but rather just a form of meeting up in real life. Isn't it?

hey folks how abt this? perhaps we can gather together to discuss.. pool together a sum of money & open an eatery / open style kitchen like LOLLA. I am a chef for hire from now on.. totally.. free lance. I have a business proposal to offer. I just do not have the money to start up at all. i am into modern contemporary italian, simple molecular cuisine, gourmet burgers & sandwich..so those of you who are keen, pm me / email me @ zacko7818@gmail.com

ooh sounds sooo yummy~~ oh man

My place at Potong Pasir (North East NE10) is available.

PM me if anyone is interested in getting a "makan" session, either next week, 10th and/or 11th Jan's evening.

I have organised similar events in the past... The trick was to bring food for yourself and another person.  

We had about 13 guys at the dining table and there was (fortunately) surplus food...

It was not just the food but the camaraderie that counted.. 

My place at Potong Pasir (North East NE10) is available.

PM me if anyone is interested in getting a "makan" session, either next week, 10th and/or 11th Jan's evening.

I have organised similar events in the past... The trick was to bring food for yourself and another person.

We had about 13 guys at the dining table and there was (fortunately) surplus food...

It was not just the food but the camaraderie that counted..

Abang, why don't you just state a date & time & get response? If more than 10 people responded, then it is a go!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.