Male HQ

Bw Men Cook

snowball

Good  idea Robin...

Proposed date/time: This coming Saturday, 10th Jan 2015 at 7 pm.

PM me if you guys are interested.

Please include your contact number, line ID etc...

What on the agenda..food, conversation and if absolutely necessary, karaoke for those who like...

Yes, I do have a convection oven and a microwave oven to warm things up...

Good  idea Robin...

Proposed date/time: This coming Saturday, 10th Jan 2015 at 7 pm.

PM me if you guys are interested.

Please include your contact number, line ID etc...

What on the agenda..food, conversation and if absolutely necessary, karaoke for those who like...

Yes, I do have a convection oven and a microwave oven to warm things up...

any criteria to join in?

Absolutely no pre-requisite lah...just get some food..even 5 trays of fish balls from the supermarket is fine

with me as we can goreng them ... 2 Fairprice ready-made chicken, a pot of dessert. ... just something within $5 to $15...

We are meeting for the friendship, a sort of get together to chat and network....

However no free loader please..... 

Just pm me with your contact number asap and state what food you are likely to bring ...

Absolutely no pre-requisite lah...just get some food..even 5 trays of fish balls from the supermarket is fine

with me as we can goreng them ... 2 Fairprice ready-made chicken, a pot of dessert. ... just something within $5 to $15...

We are meeting for the friendship, a sort of get together to chat and network....

However no free loader please..... 

Just pm me with your contact number asap and state what food you are likely to bring ...

lol there sure be free loader one la... haha

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

• 3 months later...

hi all, I would like to organise a home cooking session this Saturday afternoon (9 May). We can learn some simple and nice home cooked dishes from one another or simply come to taste the food after cooking while making new friends. PM me for address and details if you are keen :)

So is anything actually happening besides talk and secret chat groups?  Post some pics up here and maybe the second round will get more response?  I like to cook too... but mine is 'survival cooking' in the urban jungle... simple dishes done in less than 2 hours from unwrapping to actually eating (mostly) plus maybe crock potting...that will take the whole day but good for those put it to cook either before they go work in the morning for dinner, or at night before sleeping for breakfast.

There is no secret group for yesterday. Open to everyone!

Food Therapy on 9 May 2015. BIG thanks to our guest chef Pierre for the peranakan delicacies, Chef Andrew and all participants.

Soup
Cooling Watercress Soup

Staple
Nyonya Fried Bee Hoon by Guest Chef Pierre

Main course
Nonya Ngoh-Hiang (Five-Spiced Meat Rolls) by Guest Chef Pierre
Steam Silver Pomfret with Mushooms & Ginger
Home Style Sweet & Sour Pork "Gu-lo Yok" with Fresh Pineapple
Boiled till Soft Brinjals & Lady Fingers with Fried Shallots & Garlic Sunflower Seed Oil.

Chef Andrew recipes has a profound influence of his mom culinary skills. Thank you Andrew's mom for the inspiration and home grown vegetables with lots of love.

Thank you to all wonderful mums! Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!

ps: how do I upload the photos?

Edited by A & BW

There is no secret group for yesterday. Open to everyone!

Food Therapy on 9 May 2015. BIG thanks to our guest chef Pierre for the peranakan delicacies, Chef Andrew and all participants.

Soup

Cooling Watercress Soup

Staple

Nyonya Fried Bee Hoon by Guest Chef Pierre

Main course

Nonya Ngoh-Hiang (Five-Spiced Meat Rolls) by Guest Chef Pierre

Steam Silver Pomfret with Mushooms & Ginger

Home Style Sweet & Sour Pork "Gu-lo Yok" with Fresh Pineapple

Boiled till Soft Brinjals & Lady Fingers with Fried Shallots & Garlic Sunflower Seed Oil.

Chef Andrew recipes has a profound influence of his mom culinary skills. Thank you Andrew's mom for the inspiration and home grown vegetables with lots of love.

Thank you to all wonderful mums! Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!

ps: how do I upload the photos?

Try upload to this url and link it here

http://tinypic.com/

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

I sometimes make my own pizza.

For base sauce, sometimes I use BBQ sauce instead of the usual tomato base sauce and just top with pineapple pieces and mozzarella mixed with some parmesan cheese.

Simple, easy to make and delicious.

Hello everyone!

Always wanted to learn how to prepare a yummylicious spaghetti? Wish to observe closely and learn how the spaghetti being toss without breaking and being served with the sauce coating around it perfectly? Here is the chance!

Spaghetti with Morning-Market-Fresh Seafood
For PLU only : Cooking Demo + Food Appreciation
24 May 2015, Sunday
4.00pm
Rainbow House@AMK
Chef Andrew: SHATEC certified in culinary skills with years of experience tossing and understanding spaghetti.
Andrew will also be sharing tips on what and how to make a authentic tomato sauce and how to cook a spaghetti to a perfect bite.

Demo Class + Food Appreciation : $20 per person (with hands-on opportunity)

Limited space available. Sign Up via telephone Rainbow House: 6451 0375 . Whatsapp/SMS: 9011 3220 for enquiries.
Personal class or special occasion cooking is available too. Please liaise with Andrew directly to find out more.

Edited by A & BW

• 4 weeks later...

Trial an error is one of the many ways to go. A little creativity may do the trick - never try never know. :) Maybe, its the fear factor in us that the new creation may not taste right hence, stuck to the same old.

Btw, any bros here know how to prepare rojak chicken? Tried it at Melben seafood - AMK and all my frds find it awful and with regrets.

Edited by razzmatazz

Just add rojak sauce to the chicken? Jk! I would probably try marinating wings and drumlets with some cut rojak flowers, sesame oil, oyster sauce and then coat the external with a thin layer of rojak sauce. Then roast them in oven. Not sure how it will turn out as it's just based on gut feel :)

Be cool, like a breeze...

Am suffering a learning plateau for cooking.

I'm always ending up cooking chicken, bell pepper, corn, onions, mushrooms and cabbage with different combinations.

Darkflame: Have you mastered Oden? Not too difficult, and when completed it's in a class all unique on its own! Like no other dish I've come across in other cuisines - heavenly! :thumb:

Am suffering a learning plateau for cooking.

I'm always ending up cooking chicken, bell pepper, corn, onions, mushrooms and cabbage with different combinations.

Google for Michael Smith cooking shows. He takes simple ingredients for a simple meals. His Cooking At Home series touches on one main ingredients/subject per week but along the precess highlight how you can make multiple combination to transform that one dish into many forms just by simple changing of combinations.

For example taking your combo of chicken, bell pepper, corn, onions, mushrooms and cabbage.

Main chicken can be modified to meat or seafood or tofu

Subsequent accompaniment:

The mild heat of bell pepper can be modified to sweetness like pineapple, lychee or sour like plum, Star fruit or bitter like bittergourd etc

The hardy corn can be replace with sweet potatoes, lotus root etc

Aromatic of onions can be substituted with ginger, garlic, anchovies etc

Tenderness of mushrooms can be modified to white fungus or black fungus, etc

The basic idea is to make slight tweet or changes to create many different taste and experience. In this way there are no limits to your cooking experience. Well... Maybe just unpalatable if you hit the wrong combo.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/7/2014 at 6:33 PM, Adidas2628 said:

i am a cook and i like cook for ppl...who want try it..hehehe

wow ... i love to eat... can i be your guest?

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

Just now, -Ignored- said:

that is fast, Kimlo!
Count me in!!! but that was a 2014 posting

hopefully his invitation is still valid!!! hahahaha ... collapsed in laughter!!!

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

On 9/29/2014 at 6:26 PM, snowball said:

notice quite a few bw members like to cook , outing , make friends . why not you guys combain all in one , org outing , everyone prepare their best delight dish , share with each others , should be fun i think .

this is kinda 3 years late lol.

is the potluck still happening? haha

im malaysian here living in KL.

love to cook.

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2018 at 10:00 AM, thepresentfitness said:

Good day all. My first time baking a Vegan Coffee Cake using a rice Cooker, totally no eggs no milk Dairy. 

image.png.3029a18ea3c130fc84c5dbd52b4c8d17.png

For a first timer, it turn out pretty decent especially since no eggs or dairy milk. Lacking the binding agents usually such cakes are crumbly. My guess, you might probably be using an old rice cooker where the heat control is not as perfect as before? For rice cooker bake cakes, imho I think a newer might achieve better heat control. Also a much smaller rice cooker so that the diameter is smaller hence making the cake raise higher. 

Another alternative for baking is in a covered fry pan over Low heat. I seen some shows from Taiwan using this method. 

20 hours ago, shyc said:

For a first timer, it turn out pretty decent especially since no eggs or dairy milk. Lacking the binding agents usually such cakes are crumbly. My guess, you might probably be using an old rice cooker where the heat control is not as perfect as before? For rice cooker bake cakes, imho I think a newer might achieve better heat control. Also a much smaller rice cooker so that the diameter is smaller hence making the cake raise higher. 

Another alternative for baking is in a covered fry pan over Low heat. I seen some shows from Taiwan using this method. 

Fry pan? Interesting...ok will try it out..Thks for the tip.

Unfortunately the vegan/non dairy is in Chinese. So attached below an English version but it is not vegan/non dairy version. If you have 2 same size pan, one can be use as a cover for even distribution of heat on the TOP instead of a normal glass cover.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.