Male HQ

Ghosts, Spirits Encounters & Supernatural Haunting Discussion + 7th Lunar Month (Compiled)

biguy

Guest Lao Niang Re

the spirits there are not harmful lah, esp in camp 3.

just playing ang having a bit of fun - beds shaking, sandals disappear to the other side, etc.

those in the forest cannot tell.

one is a baba lady in nonya dressing, abt 50ish. did you know she took care of me while i was in tekong?

she even covered me with my blanket when it rained in the middle of the nite.

i used to afraid until i had enuff.

those who are benevolent, i help. they even returned the favor by giving me 4d numbers in my dreams.

but some of them are horrible. i told them if they fxxked with me, i would sliced off their heads.

be brave lah. u r your biggest and most fearful ghost. not them.

be happy, be kind, be thankful. these energies will protect you.

sweet dreams every nite :)

So,,, youve met Shan Ben Ju Xiang already....

Its Shan Ben Yue Niang.

Ju Xiang is a pure Chinese, not a bastard.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

Sometimes it is beyond our control.. i did not encountered anything but in year 2009, happened to be the lunar 7th month. something happened to me and i didnt even realsied it.. it actually went on for almost 6 months.

As i wrote journal every day, it helps to retrace the event of the day if you know which day it is..

I noticed that i have hunger spams every now and then. I could have eaten my meals just an hour ago and all of a sudden i begun to feel very hungry..other includes cold spams, afraid for no reason even when at home..after work, the thoughts of going back home, bring shivers on me..just so afraid of going home. Suicidal thoughts every now and then.. Even thoughts of having meals with my kids really pissed me off too..

I did noticed the change in me and my kids felt it too..I tot age is catching up and body undergoing some changes..i decided to go for a medical checkup which includes blood and urine tests etc..but result was alright and good..it stayed with me for 2 more months till i couldnt take it anymore and confided in my mum.. she chided me for not letting her know.. she checked with some medium and found that i encountered something on the 7th months..then some Fu were given to me but it didnt help and till my bro brought me to another and after 2 consultation, i was finally rided of the dirty thing..from that time onwards everything is back to normal.

you encountered some dirty things outside. they trying to live thru you.

extreme temperature change common. sometimes very hot for no reason. but the chills is the most common.

leg - small spirit, up to torso - medium spirit, whole body - powderful spirit.

normally, one visit would not do the trip. also depend on the power of your medium.

Guest Guest

Hope she did not breast-feed you like her son.

Jokes aside. Dun do that anymore. My friend kenna.

The hotel room we stayed in was haunted and he kept saying gui very smelly.

he was punished badly - fell and was bleeding profusely(we walked the same path but nothing happened to me).

he said he felt something pulled his leg.

How to not be afraid of the supernatural?

Don't be. :thumb: !

Either that or stuff a 60ft tall gold-plated Buddha statue in your pants and smuggle into camp.

You can always steal some sacred (seemingly) dildos from Kawasaki, Japan. :rolleyes:

Matsumodo24.JPG

Much more useful.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

I wonder if you guys have any tips to not be so fearful of the supernatural. I just wanna be calm and collected and not a bunch of nerves every time I go to a deserted toilet at midnight or even walk to the kitchen in the dark.

I'm enlisting next year and I've heard so many horror stories about Tekong that I'm pretty sure I'll just collapse if I see a girl's hair on my bed or something.

I'm not particularly religious and I'm really scared of seeing anything.

Help!

For me, every time I know I'm about to be spooked, I take a step back and remind myself that humans cannot be the only beings that exist in this world - various forms have to co-exisit in this plane, and there's a reason for every such existence. This isn't the most scientific explanation, but it more or less works for me. Hope you'll focus on other things in NS.

Guest guest

you encountered some dirty things outside. they trying to live thru you.

extreme temperature change common. sometimes very hot for no reason. but the chills is the most common.

leg - small spirit, up to torso - medium spirit, whole body - powderful spirit.

normally, one visit would not do the trip. also depend on the power of your medium....

Ya, think this is quite powerful spirit.. the medium i went to feel my pulse and shake his head and told me too..if this medium asked for money to help me rid of the spirt, i would be in doubt of his intention but then i just gave angpow and he gave me Fu.. after 1st visit, i felt much better but i can feel that it was still within but less obvious..on the 2nd visit, the medium gave me another set of Fu and on the third, while feeling my pulse, the medium just gave me a smile and said all cleared.. in fact..I kinda knew it too as the medium operate from 7pm to 9pm..i was early, so i drove to a sport complex nearby and watched ppl playing a soccer game..and for once, i felt liberated and enjoyed the nice evening with my son..just felt that have not had this kinda feeling for a long long time..i knew that i am ok then.. :)

Guest Thai Amulet

You can always steal some sacred (seemingly) dildos from Kawasaki, Japan. :rolleyes:

Matsumodo24.JPG

Much more useful.

Those are Palakits from thailand. dun offend them leh.

Info from some other websites

Palad Kit is an auspicious talisman often mistaken for an obscene object. In fact it has been widely used by the Thai People for protection, enhancement of business, harmonious relationships, and most importantly, for warding off evil spirits or ghost. Sometimes it is also referred to Palad.

Palad Kit derives from Pali language. The origin of the PaladKit is related to Lord Shiva, the Indian Hindu God who manifes himself in the form of "Linga", the male genital and sometimes together with "Yoni", the female genital. It symbolises the power of creation, strength of unity and the source of destruction, similar to the Chinese "Yang" element. It was brought into Thailand together with the Khmer invasion as early as 8th century AD, but it was in a bigger size and was the main object of worship at the centre of many Khmer temples. The present style that could be worn over the waist with a string was made famous by Luang Phor Yi of Wat Sattaheep, Chunburi. His famous and usual inscriptions on the PaladKit were "Gan Had Nei Had". These were invariably written in an old form of script called "Khom" that cannot be read by contemporary Thais but is now widely used by most PaladKit makers.

Guest guest

Can anyone with this kinda knowledge enlighten me on wheather if this is true.. Heard from someone that if someone kanna this before, chances are that they could easily be prosessed again when they encountered something dirty..

Being someone who is born with the veil...let me dispel some myths and fears regarding the paranormal.

What you see them as potrayed in the movies or your TV series are so much exaggerated. When things are exaggerated, they are over sensationalized, which attracts more viewships, which means Big Bucks to the movie makers.

All of us are born with different abilities, and even physical attributes.

Some can run, swim or sing better, thus it is of no difference with someone who is born with the veil ( third eye ability to see and communicate with spirits) or even having telekinesis.

Just because most people don't have it, it doesn't mean this ability is to be mocked at, or to be feared.

The spiritual world is so much more complicated than you can think or imagine. I do not give myself the permission to divualge such informations, nor do I see the need to share so much.

There is not only one plane. Multi-dimensions co-exist altogether on this plane.

Thus the spirit and the human world co-exit together.

Just because you can't see them, it doesnt mean they don't exist.

Because most people have lived in this third dimension world where things need to be tangible and seen before they can prove their existence.

Most can't even see anything beyond themselves.

You can't see air but you know its there.

Do you need to trespass their boundaries, their territories, or the need to test their patience..like kicking road side offerings, just to prove your are smart, you are clever, and they don't exist?

You have a choice here to respect them, as much as they too have the choice, not to show themselves to you, or even see the need to reialiate.

Unless you encounter the real nasty ones, good luck to you.

Spirits and humans are of no difference because we and they have each have our own personalities, its just that we have a mortal shell, but they don't

Inspite of whatever forms they choose to manifest, they have their happiness, sadness, anger, joy, laughter, tears, and their own memories like you and I do.

In the human terms, no one can harm or hurt you unless you yourself choose to give them that power to.

Everything is due to your permission.

When you have unsound fear, it is when you let your guards down, then you fall prey to being bullied.

Spirits or just like humans. They can take advantage of you if you allow them to.

No one can harm you, but unless you were the first one, who offended them out of your whims and fancies.

Till now, I still encounter many spirits. I have not being hurt or harmed by them, because I respect their existence.

Not even by those who committed sucide wearing red, which are very powerful and revengeful, that bomohs have a very hard time to handle than your usual pontianaks.

I used to rent and live in a flat which was vacanted for 6 years by the owner, whose mother hung herself over gambling debts and with 2 other members of his family, all three died within 2 years after they bought the flat.

It is a very interesting place because it is a portal to the other side, and the house also have other unwelcomed non family residents. Previous tenants and many of friends have nightmares or were slapped in the face or tripped and fell by something, simply because they refused to abide the advise I give them when they were there.

I have no problems with them. Because I respect them.

There is no need to fear them. When you do see one, and if you think they will hurt you, offer your compassion, your prayers and your peace with them.

They will know because they can feel your sincerity. Offer your prayers and send them into the light if you can.

Thus humans and spirits can co-exist, without interfering each other's boundaries.

We are all here for our own reason.

Being someone who is born with the veil...

Very interesting; thanks for sharing with us!

ghost_002.gifI totally believe in ghosts. There’s nothing to be afraid so long as you do not disturb them.

This happened a long time ago when I was still in the army.

Out of curiousity, 3 or 4 of us used to play with the Ouija Board (Chinese Version) in the barracks late at night:

20110224213234-1161456567.jpg

We normally asked the spirits to tell us about their background and also things about our fellow campmates that we do not know (e.g. birthdates, marital status, licence plate numbers etc). Interestingly, the answers that we gathered were accurate most of the time.

As we always had to keep our fingers in contact with the saucer (pointer) during play, there were a few times we panicked when it moved so fast and went haywire.

Once, we were playing with the ceiling fan blowing on full blast right above us. We got the hint immediately when the pointer stopped at “扇” (fan). After it was switched off, everything was back to normal.

Another time, it pointed at “衝” (clash). Coincidentally, there was a campmate (staunch Christian) who happened to come into our room when we were playing. We were just relieved after he had left upon our request.

And then, of course we almost got caught by the Duty Officer. We were already playing on the floor and had no choice but to remain as motionless & quiet as possible. Phew, he only checked the other rooms and left. Did the spirit helped us?

Having said all the above, my advice is still the same - don't mess around with spirits even though they may look harmless (but you never know).

Guest Timothy

No matter how hard u want to see ghosts, spirits, you can't see because they exist in another dimension around us.

You can only see if u are very down, very low in spirit yourself, bad luck or you have been practising some spiritual stuff that develops power to see them.

Better don't see unless u know how to react, how to deal. Some of them are good, some are not.

Do good, avoid evil. Keep to bright places, avoid dark places.

If u have a religion, pray. (Not those groups that go desserted areas in the midnight to pray. Not this type.)

Proper religions don't pray only in desserted areas in midnight. There must be light.

Think positive, be healthy, be safe.

Want to have sex, blow, suck, jerk off, do that indoor (eg. house, but not gay sauna dark room) and not outdoor.

Life goes on, be smart.

I wonder if you guys have any tips to not be so fearful of the supernatural. I just wanna be calm and collected and not a bunch of nerves every time I go to a deserted toilet at midnight or even walk to the kitchen in the dark.

I'm enlisting next year and I've heard so many horror stories about Tekong that I'm pretty sure I'll just collapse if I see a girl's hair on my bed or something.

I'm not particularly religious and I'm really scared of seeing anything.

Help!

i can feel things since i was young. there was once i drove to OCH, with my friends, i stopped at the entrence of OCG and told my friend i can't drive as the sense of those things are too heavy i asked my friend to drive instead. one of my friend (whom can see) later then told me, that thing was just outside the car beside the driver seats.

If you sense anything wrong, just be prepared for some "effects" like "noise" things dropping etc. spirits wants attention as not much people can see them. if you sees anything best not to show anything(like scream) and walk off quietly. but if it's chasing after you u should start running ald lol. when u sense there's sth wrong, best to avoid that place. if you die die have to go toilet in camp at night, go for a quickie or even ask ur bunk mate to follow you.

So everytime we JO in public or when we BJ with each other in a deserted dark place, they could be watching us?

How do you tell the difference between human and ghost?

yes they are definitely watching. ghost were once human. so we are quite similar. i only know those who jump off from building will have blood coming out/ stains frm ears eyes nose n mouth when you see them.

Can anyone with this kinda knowledge enlighten me on wheather if this is true.. Heard from someone that if someone kanna this before, chances are that they could easily be prosessed again when they encountered something dirty..

this is like you 1st time having your anal sex. 1st time v hard to go in after that will be much easier. that's true. once the spirit enter the body, there will be negative energy left behind. and the spirit can choose to remain possessing you without you knowing or leave you alone.

after being possess once, it's best to visit temple to get positive energy and to clean those negativity energy inside you. best is to get talisman from the temple those burn n drink one.

these are for Buddhist side. i'm not quite sure about other religion.

Guest Fear

So I was the original poster and I'm still confused...

I'm not the kind who's going to kick an offering or mess with these things. I guess I'm just paranoid - nothing's going to creep up on me when I'm showering or shitting in the bunk toilets right?

So I was the original poster and I'm still confused...

I'm not the kind who's going to kick an offering or mess with these things. I guess I'm just paranoid - nothing's going to creep up on me when I'm showering or shitting in the bunk toilets right?

Most of the time, no. Unless the place you are in is known to be a place that traps energies. Spirits / ghosts are all energies. You can't see them, but when it's around, you can see them. Hence, goose bumps.

And when you're by yourself, don't talk to yourself. if they are around and they see you talking, they may think you are talking to them. then, they will attempt to talk to you. you get the idea. ^_^

and, trust your instincts (but don't be unnecessarily paranoid). if you feel weirdly comfortable, avoid it. instincts are there to prevent people from being at the wrong place at the wrong time, as negative energies (such as demons) can travel from locations to locations.

also, harbor no ill-intentions / negative thoughts. without an obvious anchor, there's no reason for them to engage you. UNLESS, you are more than a mortal, and they need help from you. But, don't worry. i don't think you're remotely psychic.

Guest Guest

i can feel things since i was young. there was once i drove to OCH, with my friends, i stopped at the entrence of OCG and told my friend i can't drive as the sense of those things are too heavy i asked my friend to drive instead. one of my friend (whom can see) later then told me, that thing was just outside the car beside the driver seats.

If you sense anything wrong, just be prepared for some "effects" like "noise" things dropping etc. spirits wants attention as not much people can see them. if you sees anything best not to show anything(like scream) and walk off quietly. but if it's chasing after you u should start running ald lol. when u sense there's sth wrong, best to avoid that place. if you die die have to go toilet in camp at night, go for a quickie or even ask ur bunk mate to follow you.

yeah and be prepared for some FX like dimming the lights. I was impressed when the spirit did that.

Wow, real live special effect!

Guest Guest

there was once i met up a guy who gave me a blow job at the playground located at the corner of my block, along the canal. actually light were off then and then suddenly we heard a loud thud sound like as if someone just jumped on a spring board....then immediately and slowly we walked away. its scary.

this is like you 1st time having your anal sex. 1st time v hard to go in after that will be much easier. that's true. once the spirit enter the body, there will be negative energy left behind. and the spirit can choose to remain possessing you without you knowing or leave you alone.

after being possess once, it's best to visit temple to get positive energy and to clean those negativity energy inside you. best is to get talisman from the temple those burn n drink one.

these are for Buddhist side. i'm not quite sure about other religion.

Thought Buddhist don't use Talisman those burn and drink one? Isn't it a Taoist Practice? Does buddhist one works?

Which buddhist temple did u go for that?

<_<

Guest SAM Murai

go watch the movie "INSIDIOUS". Like watching my own story on screen.

there were funny moments but overall one of the better movies i watched this yr.

This movie more indie with a taint of 'hitchcock' & a bit of art-house esp the last 45 mins. It was uneasy.

unsettling endings. Definitely a gay date movie for you to hold on to your stronger half.

Guest Guest

there were funny moments but overall one of the better movies i watched this yr.

This movie more indie with a taint of 'hitchcock' & a bit of art-house esp the last 45 mins. It was uneasy.

unsettling endings. Definitely a gay date movie for you to hold on to your stronger half.

This movie is a damn interesting movie. Go watch it

Guest om ....

My job requires me to travel from time to time. Some five-star hotels have special butler services and they will move things around or like what was mentioned by some in here - create noise for attention. The worst one - "he" stood in front of my bed. So, I am always prepared with many many talismans from many many temples and do the rituals when first entering the room.

Guest GUEST

I am quite keen to know about all these.. not being iron-teethed but maybe it is due to the many ghost movies that were being made..made me wonder if all these things about ghost killing ppl are real or not.. keen to open the third eye too if such thing is true..

Guest SAM Murai

I wrote 'This movie more indie with a taint of'. It should be 'a touch of'.

This movie has its flaws but it's slightly different from jap/korean/thai horror movie. Worth watching, esp the actress Lin Shaye who played the psychic.

Guest SAM Murai

I am quite keen to know about all these.. not being iron-teethed but maybe it is due to the many ghost movies that were being made..made me wonder if all these things about ghost killing ppl are real or not.. keen to open the third eye too if such thing is true..

Good to know but dun get infatuated or addicted.

Pls dun try to open the third eye, very dangerous. process irreversible.

It's better to be normal than knowing too many things you are not supposedto know.

Ignorance is bliss.

Guest SAM Murai

My job requires me to travel from time to time. Some five-star hotels have special butler services and they will move things around or like what was mentioned by some in here - create noise for attention. The worst one - "he" stood in front of my bed. So, I am always prepared with many many talismans from many many temples and do the rituals when first entering the room.

Suicide & Murder Case happened in some hotels. Never get to know becasuse they used the employee exit.

Ghost in front of the bed is the entity die on the bed (his/her energy last imprint), stuck in that dimension and may be asking for you to inform the hotel mgt to attend to his/her matter.

Doing the ritual is a respect for and basic courtesy to those who are dead so we could co-exist peacefully.

I always introduce myself and thank the spirits for allowing to share the place for a few days.

Highly recommended.

Guest fun funny

so many off-topic entries

You must be a English General Paper teacher in school. So, you're going to fail many of the postings in here? LOL Ok, Girls and Boys, please stick to the Title: "How to Not Be Afraid Of The Supernatural". But hor teacher, there is grammar error in the title.

I have some first hand experience myself..but the thing is you just have to tell yourself that even if they are there, they will not disturb you unnecessarily..so dun fret too much:D

anyway..i never experience anything in tekong either

To the natural, supernatural is supernatural.

To the supernatural, supernatural is natural.

Moral of these 2 lines:

Be supernatural. :whistle:

How to seek revenge 101: Know him. Befriend him. Make him trust you wholeheartedly. Destroy him. Utterly.

By typing this I fear no one's gonna friend me. :c

Guest guest

Good to know but dun get infatuated or addicted.

Pls dun try to open the third eye, very dangerous. process irreversible.

It's better to be normal than knowing too many things you are not supposedto know.

Ignorance is bliss.

Thanks SAM Murai for your concern.. :)

Its just the curosity part of human..somehow knew what is the consequences..just my crazy thoughts only.

Guest cute guy

Suggest you bring a holy bible to the camp. If you feel something not right when you enter the dorm first time, take out and hold the holy bible in both hands and quietly say the lord prayer. Ask the god, angels and saints to bless and protect you. Then ask the uncleaned spirits to leave you unharm and mention you will only be here temporarily.

Other way I heard, is to make metal hitting sound loudly (like chime sound) to scare away the ghost.

Simplest way is to wear crucufix or something religious.

• 1 month later...

Hungry Ghost Festival – 中元节

The Hungry Ghost Festival, also called simply as Ghost Festival (Chinese 中元节) is one of the many traditional Chinese festivals celebrated by the Chinese communities in many countries. The festival usually falls on the 15th night of the seventh lunar month. In Chinese custom, the seventh month of the Chinese lunar calendar is regarded as the Ghost Month and the 15th day of the seventh month in the lunar calendar is often called as Ghost Day.

It is said that during this time, ghosts and spirits come out from the lower realm and linger in our world. The Hungry Ghost Festival is the opposite of the Qingming Festival and Chung Yeung Festival, wherein living descendants visit their deceased ancestors, on Ghost Day however, it is the opposite: the deceased visit the living.

When is Hungry Ghost Festival 2011?

Hungry ghost festival 2011 / 中元节 2011 dates

In 2011, Ghost Month 2011 falls on Sunday, 31 July 2011 to Sunday, 28 August 2011. The 2011 hungry ghost festival falls on Sunday, 14 August 2011.

Hungry Ghost Festival in Malaysia

Malaysia celebrate the Ghost Festival 2011 with a rather modernized twist. Live performances and concerts scatter around the countries’ major cities, thus making it unique and stand out among the other countries that celebrate the same festival. These live shows are locally kown as ‘Koh-tai’ by the Hokkien-speaking people. These are performed by a group of singers and dancers on a temporary stage set up within a residential district.

Hungry Ghost Festival in Singapore

Singapore Hungry Ghost Festival 2011 is celebrated in similar manner with Malaysia Hungry Ghost Festival. Live shows, called getai " 歌台 " or “stage of songs” is held in the various towns in the city state of Singapore. The festival is truly modernized by the ‘concert-like’ live performances, often with scantily clad girl performers.

Hungry Ghost Festival in Taiwan

It is believed that ghosts haunt the entire island of Taiwan during the seventh lunar month. The first day of the celebration is inaugurated by the opening of the gate of a temple which symbolizes the gates of hell. All the lamps on the main altar are lit during the twelfth day of the festival. On the thirteenth day, a procession of lanterns is held. A parade is held for releasing water lanterns is done during the fourteenth day of the festival. During the duration, incense and various foods are being offered and spirit paper money is burnt in order to please the wandering spirits. It is also believed that the addresses of houses being visited by the spirits should not be named.

Hungry Ghost Festival in Hong Kong

Rampant are small roadside fires during the Ghost Festival 2011 in Hong Kong. Believers of the festival burn paper notes of “money” printed with various denominations and make other offerings to calm the restless spirits of their ancestors that is wandering during this time.

The Chiu Chow people of Hong Kong organized the Yu Lan Festival as a gesture for the Ghost Festival that starts from the first day of the seventh lunar month until the month’s end. The highlight of the festival is to offer different kinds of sacrifices to the ghosts of the netherworlds. Incense and joss papers are also lit; Chinese operas are opened that depicts dramas to entertain the ghosts and the distribution of free rice. These activities are usually done in parks and make shift tents around the main cities of Hong Kong. Sacrificial altars are also set up on each venue. Other performing arts and other culture related activities are also held during the festival and are mainly in Chiu Chow style.

Hungry Ghost Festival in China

As a Chinese festival, the Hungry Ghost festival truly originated from China, thought it has lost influence in many parts of China. The Chinese have followed the custom of the Ghost Festival since the Liang Dynasty in 502 BC. It was then evolved in to the present Zhogyuan Festival.

When the main festival starts, a sacrificial altar and a chair are built for the Buddhist priest and is usually placed on street entrances or in front of some villages. The statue of the King of Hell, or Di Zang is then placed in front of the chair. Under it are food offerings made out of flour made rice and peaches. On the main sacrificial altar are three spirit tablets and funeral banners.

Pigs, chicken, geese, sheep, cakes and fruits are adorned by households on the altar come after noon. On every sacrifice, the priest puts a triangular paper of three colors with special characters on the sacrificed object. After which, the priest will ring a bell to call back the souls and monks will sing chimes of incantations. Then the Buddhist priest will toss the rice and peach offerings into the air to distribute to the souls.

http://sgholiday.com/calendar/hungry-ghost-festival/

Edited by snowball

• G_M changed the title to 7th Luna Month aka Ghost Month + Basic offerings for the 'good bros‘ (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.