Male HQ

Ghosts, Spirits Encounters & Supernatural Haunting Discussion + 7th Lunar Month (Compiled)

biguy

Guest ghost

U saw one of them? Omg dun stay out too late

any traditional practice during seventh month? like no swimming . no overseas. no renovation . no wedding and most impt no cruising in dark area at gay sauna. you never know u might be suck by horny ghost?

any traditional practice during seventh month? like no swimming . no overseas. no renovation . no wedding and most impt no cruising in dark area at gay sauna. you never know u might be suck by horny ghost?

Superstitious belief for the hungry ghost festival

An interesting superstition that the Chinese have about the festival is that it is bad to go swimming during the 7th month. They think that an evil ghost might cause you to drown in the swimming pool. In addition to this, children are also advised to return home early and not to wander around alone at night. This belief is that the wandering ghosts may possess children. Thus, it is not surprising that swimming pools, beaches, shopping malls, cinemas, bowling alleys, parks and other public places will suffer a big dip in customers during this month. This is also a month considered not auspicious to get married, start a business, move house or even to travel. Plane, bus tickets and hotel rates tend to be at their lowest peak during this month!

http://www.chinese-culture.net/html/hungry_ghost_festival.html

Edited by snowball

Guest Guest

Ullambana or 盂兰盆节 is supposed for everyone to 追思报恩 and not because of fear, you pray to the "unknown" -- it's all about respect and gratitude.

到七月十五日那天,是解夏日,又是“佛欢喜日”,亦是众僧自恣日。所谓自恣就是自己检点,如发觉自己有过失,应对人露忏悔:如任何人犯过,亦应对僧众忏悔。当日一切圣圣众,均精持律仪,身,口,意三业清净,这时候设斋供僧,功德最为殊胜。

故此佛陀咐瞩目揵连尊者,在七月十五日那天,准备饭食百味五果、汲灌盆器、烧香燃灯,将世上最珍贵的食物酂趍鼘窬都放在盂兰盆内,供养十方大德众僧。当众僧念咒加持,祈福消灾,使在世人增长福慧,先亡超度。

后来目揵连尊者得到佛陀教化在七月十五日设盆供养及斋僧,合各大德威神之力,使母亲得以脱离饿鬼之苦。

根据经中佛所示,如果能在功德、胜会中供佛僧大布施,可令现世父母、六亲眷属,能脱离三涂,衣食丰足。乃至七世父母都能脱离饿鬼之苦,生于人天中,福乐无极。如父母在,更能福乐百年、长寿无病、无一切苦恼之患,所以身为佛子,为修孝道,应常念及过去仍未解脱之先祖父母,于盂兰超幽法会中供养上师大德,燃灯供佛作大功德,以报父母之恩乃利乐解脱十方孤魂饿鬼众生。

Alright, since this topic is 'revive' for discussion, here's my 2 cents encounter, during my SISPEC days in Tekong.

First - Topography.

My knees injury has actually gotten me 90days excuse lower limbs. In short, am just waiting for the MO to give me the green light to go out of course (OCC). The whole company has a full day topography training. My CSM, being a very nice guy had wanted me to stay in base, but feeling bored, I requested if I can just simply tag along. (Don't get me wrong, am not "siao ON".. just that I do not want to be left in base, doing nothing. Anyway, together with 3 other personnel, (they were on light duty or something, but fit to go outfield), we formed a team (usual team is only 2 personnel).

All went well during the day, conquering all the check points. We were at our dinner break, and collecting our night topography check point (2 for the night), and it all seem pretty straightforward. We hurriedly finished our dinner and decided to start on our night topo, when the skies just turn dark. You see, all of bashed through the forest earlier, with a very visible, men created trail. We simply need to go back to the trail to proceed to our 1st night topo check point. 30mins later, we realised we had overshot, ended up in a training shed. So we decided to turn back to locate the trail. Another 30mins later, we found ourselves at our dinner point (by then all have dismissed). We tried again and ended up at the training shed, then back to the dinner point when we turned back. Puzzled, we each plot our own map, and each of us take turns to lead. We simply couldn't find the trail anymore! The comms set were unable to perform under the thick canopy of vegetation and we ended up to and fro the whole night. Tired, we decided to sit by the training shed. Around midnight, we hear the sound of land rover and we blew our whistle to attract attention. It was one of our platoon PC and PS, searching for us. We were all glad to be found, returning to base camp. We were not exactly scolded but I did overheard the PC telling my 2IC "Sir, as expected, kampung unum again"...All 4 of us were fine but woke up with high fever the next morning. 3 days MC...

Second - COS duty at base camp.

By then I was officially OCC and yet to receive any official posting from SISPEC HQ. Thus I spent most of my time in base, helping my CSM, PC and PS (they were all very nice to me; when I am no longer their trainee). Also because of that, I was assigned more COS than others (which I am fine).

There was this particular weekend that all the companies booked out, leaving only one COS duty personnel for each company. I done my checks on all the bunks and platoon offices and remain inside the company HQ office. After last parade with BOS, all COS are to return to their various coy. As I was approaching my company, I saw my platoon office lights switched on. I remembered the lights were off during my check in the evening. I walked over, knocked on the door before entering. It was locked. I took the keys from company HQ to unlock, turning off the lights and ensuring all windows are properly closed. Since being alone and nothing else to do, I decided to turn in early for the night. I slept on the safari bed in the company HQ office (it's also the office for OC, 2IC and CSM.

It was the middle of the night that I thought I was dreaming, you know how the disconnected tone of a land line? The "tu tu tu" sound? I was awoken by that. So for a moment, in almost completed darkness, save the corridor light shining into the office, I fumbled towards the source of the sound. It came from the OC office (which was locked). I had to open it up and turn off the speaker of his phone on the desk. Then I went back to sleep and come the next day, I booked out and went home...

I wasn't thinking about anything at that point in time...but, why were the lights of my platoon office switched on? I was the one who had locked up all the offices and all personnel had already left Tekong. What about the disconnected tone, coming from my OC office, in the middle of the night? Who used the telephone? Why was it on speaker? Oh, btw, this kampung unum...heard it used to have civilians staying before SAF took over. It was one of the dirtest place in Tekong...

Edited by thorzguy

I travelled to Chine for business trip very frequently. Sometimes, I hopped from city to city, town to town and have to change hotel almost every night. There were many encounters but let me start with this one.

This night, I was staying in their local hotel in a small town ... in fact quite a good one by their standards. I was tired after dinner and drinking with my customers. Once I got into the room, I hit the bed without even washing up and all lights were still on. It was in the middle of the night, I was waken up by knocking noise. I tried to ignore but it was getting louder and I decided to find out when did it come from. It was from "inside" the closet. Luckily the lights were on, the noise stopped when I opened the closet door. It then sounded again when shut. I suspected it could be the wooden hangers hitting one another but it was not. I quickly packed my things, went to the lobby and requested for a room change. Luckily, they allowed me to do so.

There was once at OCH about a year ago when the building was still not CCTV-proof, I brought along a Malay friend who had the third-eye and he hurried our group out 1 hour into our exploration, reason being that he saw a hand that followed us around, trying to grab hold of someone but we all didn't see it or feel it. Also there is a gate around the courtyard area, if you open it from one side and enter, the rust will prevent it from easily opening it again but my Malay friend said that there is actually a white apparition holding on it to but we all thought it was the rust.

5 years anniversary soon :)

Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes

You might get the best CID/Police detective award!!!

what an unbelievable story

Like our real world, the spirit world also has gays who died and are either not aware that they have already passed on or do realised, but too attached to gay sex pleasures that their spirits still "hang out" or seek to "live" at their favourite places when they were still alive. Public places that concentrate emotional intensities like hospitals (birth, sufferings and death), cemeteries (grieving), churches, mosques, temples (spiritual feelings), prostitutes places and hotels rooms (sex), etc., all are places of gathering and settlements for worldly spirits that are overly attached to these emotions and feelings.

My point is, no need to wait for 7th month, they are around us everywhere, all the time. My personal experience was when I was in Babylon Bangkok many years ago. I rented a room in the Babylon Barracks next to the sauna. I lived next door to a Chiangmai local guy who committed suicide next to my room when I was out shopping one day. For the next 2 days, I slept next door to a rotting corpse until the stench was so over powering that I alerted the chambermaids. They did nothing except spray some deodoriser in the air. That morning before the roting body was discovered, I had a dream that I woke up in my bedroom and i saw this local guy sitting across my bed looking at me sleep. I was perplexed because I did not invite anyone into my room and when I realised that he could be a thief, I woke up in a jerk and realised that there was no one in my room at all. That afternoon, the police came to removed the body. When i was back in singapore, i was sick for 2 weeks. My mum told me that I saw the spirit because it wanted to thank me for alerting the staffs to find his body. Untill today, I never dare sleep in hotel rooms alone ever! :thumb:

Sharing my own personal exp in tekong , 1994 in camp 3(the old six levelbuilding ) level 5 , i woke up at 2.00++ am

feel the urge need to pee, there are two toilets located at the two far end of the level,

call it toilet A and the other end Toilet B.

as usual tekong at night you feel the creeps, but that night my hair on neck stood up

for no reason, i quickly peed in the toilet A,washed up and was returning back to my bunk,saw

this two figures outside Toilet B, Look like hunchback old man/auntie holding on to smaller

figure look like a toddler.

Anyone in the right mind would know something not right, quickly half ran to my bunk

and close my eyes,muttering some prayers.My mum say i got third eye, i usually can see shadows

but that was first time i see something so clearly

The old tekong was very "dirty" and errie, always heard there were many ghosts! But i think the current tekong shld be better and not so errie.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Occured April -May 1994

Agreed my own kaki three weeks before POP on a monday I think saw a women like figure with very long hair ,standing on a pole of the cookhouse chin up bar around sunset 6.45pm, he said "saz , look at the chin up bar ,there is a long woman standing on it ,".i told him to hush hush if see such things must keep quiet.He kena fever for five days lterally spend attend c in medical centre cannot book out.

Also eerily after that about a day or two , a recruit from echo company literally collasped and died on the spot doing chin up before breakfast,my platoon was sitting in front of the chin up bar waiting for our turn as we witnessed the incident , the chin up bar was located in front of camp 3 cookhouse.

Initially we were informed the boy fainted and our chin up session was postponed.Our sarge disperse us and told us there was nothing to see.

But really hard to hide it since there was about a few hundred of us witnessed it, the medics was pretty frantic and we all saw the helicopter e vac the recruit. It all so surreal , that same weekend after he died there was a guard of honor ceremony ,after the ceremony the indian CO(foget his name) literally brought in a Chinese medium, an Indian priest and a christian priest(dressed in black garb), our armskoteman later said they even got a malay bomoh in(i did not see the malay bomoh since all of us were ordered to book out ASAP. This incident was more eerie when our medic said the poor chap actually died on the spot, when he fell from the chin up bar, his friends managed to catch him so there was no injury and he was scratch free, I think for the rest of my BMT, the chin up bar was cordoned off with army white tape.

Till today the event haunt me , a lot of maybe in my head, like should we have told the incident to our instructor sarge, then maybe they could have cordoned the chin up bar after my friend "seeing incident" but I guess it is unlikely anyone would take up seriously.Don't know ,it maybe just fate but still it haunts me and kaki till today.

though personally i dont believe in such things, my army buddy (an indian) claimed that he clearly heard some1 whispering his name, while he s peeing....our beds are at the far-end inside, we have to past by many beds (before we reach ours)after going to toilet

but that is camp1 of tekong, doubt any1 stayed there anymore.....

The old tekong was very "dirty" and errie, always heard there were many ghosts! But i think the current tekong shld be better and not so errie.

though personally i dont believe in such things, my army buddy (an indian) claimed that he clearly heard some1 whispering his name, while he s peeing....our beds are at the far-end inside, we have to past by many beds (before we reach ours)after going to toilet

but that is camp1 of tekong, doubt any1 stayed there anymore.....

Luckily during my ns, i have never had any ghostly encountered.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Sharing my own personal exp in tekong , 1994 in camp 3(the old six levelbuilding ) level 5 , i woke up at 2.00++ am

feel the urge need to pee, there are two toilets located at the two far end of the level,

call it toilet A and the other end Toilet B.

as usual tekong at night you feel the creeps, but that night my hair on neck stood up

for no reason, i quickly peed in the toilet A,washed up and was returning back to my bunk,saw

this two figures outside Toilet B, Look like hunchback old man/auntie holding on to smaller

figure look like a toddler.

Anyone in the right mind would know something not right, quickly half ran to my bunk

and close my eyes,muttering some prayers.My mum say i got third eye, i usually can see shadows

but that was first time i see something so clearly

Thats quite the popular night patrol by the Elderly granny with the toddler.

They will move around bunks to stroll and see who's not asleep.

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought of a good way hunky gay guys can make extra merit at next year's Ghost Month. Find the oldest, fattest and ugliest uncle uncle and let him have his way with you! If you can't get it up, close your eyes and think of all the good karma you are accumulating by making an old man happy once a year! And if you have been an extra bad boy this year, let the old uncle do it TWICE! :thumb:

Old and experienced but always ready for naughty fun! 

I just thought of a good way hunky gay guys can make extra merit at next year's Ghost Month. Find the oldest, fattest and ugliest uncle uncle and let him have his way with you! If you can't get it up, close your eyes and think of all the good karma you are accumulating by making an old man happy once a year! And if you have been an extra bad boy this year, let the old uncle do it TWICE! :thumb:

This is the scariest story ever told. Better still, i just thought of a good way the oldest, fattest and ugliest uncle can make extra merit at every year's Ghost Month. Go to the graveyard and let any spirit have his way with you! Sure strike 4D 1st prize the following draw :)

there was a saying that if you pack small packs of salt go to graveyard and sell them. then when selling, you must not looking up anytime, also if your salt are sold out before dawn, you have to wait until first sunlight, then pack up all the 'money' and go

Edited by happy.99

• 6 months later...
Guest Guest

Thats quite the popular night patrol by the Elderly granny with the toddler.

They will move around bunks to stroll and see who's not asleep.

I also camp 3, 4th flr, BMT.

2nd day, whole day trembling coz know at nite got visitor.

Slept with Bible on my chest but then at 3am, opened my eyes & there's this 55 or more granny in White dress & batik skirt

(like baba) nxt to my bed. Shouted "ah......". woke up buddy upper bunk.

But strangely, the following 10 wks very smooth for me. One nite thunderstorm but woke up with blanket square(unfolded) covered over me.

Last week before posting out, told cab driver story so he told to burn paper $. But due to religion, told another buddy story.

He said dun burnt. Nxt day , kenna high fever. went to sick bay. Then saw the buddy there, too. Then both transferred to Changi hospital.

The posted to SAFINCO. 4 wks out of course, ended up lobo. One nite, all Coys out except me to man the phone.

Could not sleep in CO office becoz sensed got ppl watching me. Then had a dream, saw a private with bulging eyes, very angry. Nxt morning, asked old bird & he told me last time clerk very angry with CSM(dun know what) so hung himself.

There was a ghost in my last place at Robertson Quay, nearby where the old market halls used to be. On many occasions I could hear her shuffle around, sighing and whispering in the hallway, my bedroom and the walk-in wardrobe (aka bombshelter). Mostly at night but also during the day if I shut all doors and windows to block the noise from outside. Since the sounds were so real and closeby I tried everything to debunk it, like off all electrical stuff, even asked my neighbours to come in so I knew it wasn't from them. Found no explanation and it remained a mystery for months.

One night, for some reason I woke up, and there she was, standing in the doorway between my bedroom and the wardrobe. Her figure and face a bit vague, almost as if standing in mist. Her dress up to knee hight, whitish but torn and dirty, like a maid in the old days maybe. I was gobsmacked and must have stared at her for about 10 minutes without moving an inch. She just stood there and even though there was no sound it seemed as if she was crying, and I sensed - if that's what it whas - a tremendous feeling of grief, so much it made me cry too. I remember asking - not even sure I did that out loud - who she was, and somehow in my head appeared the name Agnes. After another minute or two she sort of faded out, and I felt absolutely heartbroken, such great grief came from her.

From that day on I just let the shuffling and whispering for what it was, sometimes she was there for days and then she could be gone for a week. I sort of felt sympathetic with her and sometimes even greeted her in my mind when hearing the sounds.

Several times, I have also felt (never seen) something angry passing by. A male figure - I think cause the whispers were of a different tone - that banged doors (no windows open, fans off etc!), threw things off my nightstand (without anyone being near) and opened the refrigerator which really does shut properly, I've done everything to debunk that too. Somehow though, I wasn't scared of him, and sometimes even spoke to him out loud, saying things like 'stop that and calm down'.

If you think I'm going mental (like some of my friends do, lol), perhaps relevant to know I've had two cleaning ladies quit over these noises...

Guest Guest

why last time pulau tekong old camps must be built deep inside....so scary right?

if tekong is not used for camp, i believe airport can be built there better.

Guest Guest

i stayed there lor. nothing happen leh. my bf went meeting and i alone in hotel also nothing.

i also took pict of the tailsman. its actually a yellow background big frame w red scribbling like tailsman.

its Taipei Grand Hyatt.

I took and posted in tripadvisor:

the-2-interesting-tailsmen.jpg

Always heard Tekong got ghosts back then while in the army. But actually many people said almost every army camp is "dirty"!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

the stretch of Serangoon Park Connector from behind Rio Vista to the flyover is also haunted.

Haunted? Any pple died there before?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• G_M changed the title to 7th Luna Month aka Ghost Month + Basic offerings for the 'good bros‘ (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.