Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

Congrats on booking ur flat. U see even ur queue number is outside the unit offered, ultimately u still able to get a flat. :)

After ur MOP, u r able to sell ur flat, thts for sure if u didnt get any grants lor. As for rent out the whole unit shld be ok also.

I took the grant as when i asked the sales person....she told when I asked her is there any conditions if i take or dun take the grant....she say there is no difference if you take or dun take the grant....the grant is just there for you. She just mentione dto me, that if you sell the flat in future with or without grant, you need to pay the sales levy of $15,000 in cash.

Where did you read that by taking grants, you cannot sell the flat if so i rather dun take the grant.

Edited by HydroNaut

Gave up and continue staying with parents and the whole society will continue looking down on you.

Give up on bto doesnt mean i have no other alternative choice and need to continue to stay with parents. I wld think the whole society will look down on u if u "abandon" ur parents and stay on ur own, esp if ur parents are old and left staying on their own with no one taking care of them. Other pple wld not think u r filial enough even u tell them u will go back often to visit them. I guess tis is wht the whole society wld think.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

I took the grant as when i asked the sales person....she told when I asked her is there any conditions if i take or dun take the grant....she say there is no difference if you take or dun take the grant....the grant is just there for you. She just mentione dto me, that if you sell the flat in future with or without grant, you need to pay the sales levy of $15,000 in cash.

Where did you read that by taking grants, you cannot sell the flat if so i rather dun take the grant.

Wht abt the grant tht u took if u buy a hse near ur parents hse? Or it is apply to purchase of resale flat only?! Or maybe it is also same as wht u said, u just need to pay back some sales levy?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

within 440/450

Within the units offered still not able to get higher floor? Looks like ur bto project very hot among applicants.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Recently I read a report about Hong Kong's mickey mouse apartments..

Size: 177 square feet... 

Equipped with: bathroom with a 5-feet bath tub...

Response: Selling like hot cakes because of its location and NOT the unit price!

Hence,  a 2-room BTO in Singapore is worth the wait .. at least double that size.. and at a fraction of the value..

Don't give up yet....keep trying...next $10 I sponsor...maybe got better luck hahaha :D

Haha, dun know how many more of $10 i need to donate to hdb?! If i donate $10 to spore pool, maybe still have chance to strike the first prize. Tis one really much more difficult then buying 4D! :( Cld be i have no luck or fate with brand new subsidise pricing of flat, and ultimately i need to spend much more money on buying only resale flat.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I guess there shld not have many flats with lease less than 30 yrs? By then the flat shld be torn down liao. Even those 3 rms flats built in 70s and 80s, the remaining lease shld be more than 40 yrs. Unless they say the age of the flat shld not less than 30 yrs, then many resale flats will be affected.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I guess there shld not have many flats with lease less than 30 yrs? By then the flat shld be torn down liao. Even those 3 rms flats built in 70s and 80s, the remaining lease shld be more than 40 yrs. Unless they say the age of the flat shld not less than 30 yrs, then many resale flats will be affected.

Think should read more if thinking of buying resale.... I read that even 40yrs also cannot use all cpf, only can use a small portion.

Anyone could advise if he know the details?

my 2 rm flat cost $120,000.....i got housing grant total $60,000....my ordinary cpf account around $15,000..so $120,000-$75,000=$55,000....

montly payment for 25 yrs is only around $250 :)

Guest Guest

my 2 rm flat cost $120,000.....i got housing grant total $60,000....my ordinary cpf account around $15,000..so $120,000-$75,000=$55,000....

Congratulation on securing the BTO.  Did you set aside portion of your CPF ordinary account for emergency?

Wow....you have so much grant? I only have $5K. :(

Anyway, my cpf enough to pay the whole 2-room one shot so no more installments in future. Just that my main concern is....are we able to sell our flat after MOP? :huh:

Tis round of BTO open for selection much earlier, tot usually is on the last wk of the mth?! Anyway, BTO for singles so fast 1 year anniversary liao, rem the first batch of BTO opened for singles was last year Jul 2013!

Tis round BTO there are 3 diff sites, punggol, yishun n sembawang. Hopefully there are more chances for singles to strike the jackpot. Haha. Closing date for Jul BTO is on 25 Jul. :)

Total number of 45 sqm 2 rm units on offer are 632, and 36 sqm units on offer are 242.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

After grant the flat only 30k? Tis shld refer to the smaller type of 2 rm?

For those grant like $55K...it must be a joint single application where both singles are low income earners.

But 2-room flat for 2 singles it is hardly value for $$$, cause when you sell it....you still have to split by 2? Not much to earn leh.

Tis round of BTO open for selection much earlier, tot usually is on the last wk of the mth?! Anyway, BTO for singles so fast 1 year anniversary liao, rem the first batch of BTO opened for singles was last year Jul 2013!

Tis round BTO there are 3 diff sites, punggol, yishun n sembawang. Hopefully there are more chances for singles to strike the jackpot. Haha. Closing date for Jul BTO is on 25 Jul. :)

Total number of 45 sqm 2 rm units on offer are 632, and 36 sqm units on offer are 242.

I suppose you will try again?

I wish you the very best bro. :thumb:

For those grant like $55K...it must be a joint single application where both singles are low income earners.

But 2-room flat for 2 singles it is hardly value for $$$, cause when you sell it....you still have to split by 2? Not much to earn leh.

Found some resale transaction in sengkang 2 rm flat, the age of the flat around 7 year old and average selling price is around 250k.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I suppose you will try again?

I wish you the very best bro. :thumb:

Should try but my heart now goes to resale than bto liao.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Guest

The avalanche supply of BTO,  numerous cooling measures, TDSR are designed to bring prices down.  Don't rush into regret. Buy only after you see a meaningful drop in prices.

What if a SINGLE died without writing a will ? Will his/her property go to the relatives or back to HDB ?

For simplicity, if the Single dies without a valid will, has no wife and no children, then the property goes to his/her (in order of priority):

Parents, or

Siblings, or

Nephews/nieces, or

Grandparents, or

Aunties/uncles, or

Government of Singapore.

The avalanche supply of BTO,  numerous cooling measures, TDSR are designed to bring prices down.  Don't rush into regret. Buy only after you see a meaningful drop in prices.

Yes, Mr Khaw doing a wonder job in stablising the property market.

U mean resale flat price still will drop further?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

firstly, i do not think the resale flat price will drop drastically.

Mr Khaw increases the supply, implement the numerous cooling measures and TDSR is to stablise the price and not to

bring the price down drastically as it will affect all the current house owner.

there is no so-called meaningful drop in prices as no one will know when is the price dropped to the 'bottom'

this is why you can see that there is already a slight decrease in the supply of BTO to prevent over-supply.

In my opinion, if you are buying resale, the price will be considered 'reasonable' as long as the COV is low or almost zero or below valuation

Alien, if you are buying 2 rooms flat, be patient and wait for BTO - the price is so much lower than resale ....

Resale only can buy 3 rm flat which is also bigger than 2 rm flat. Also if buy resale of 3 rm flat which cost avg of 350k, in future maybe can fetch higher price than 2 rm when sell?! Although 2 rm bto confirmed is cheaper, but also need to wait at least 3-4 yrs before the flat is ready. By the time move in old already, haha.

Anyway, today is the last day of application of the Jul BTO, those who havent apply rem to submit ur application before 2359h.

Also saw the next Sep BTO, there is hougang 2 rm flat offered, wondering hougang is mature or non-mature estate?

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Ahyo 3years wait wont make you that much older lah :D

Just apply tikam $10...hopefully can get....later you decide on resale...you might lose out on the $500 option to purchase initially.

Then after your pay the 10% deposit....you change your mind to get resale whatever the reason...you will then lose 5% or half of it...agak $5k

Good luck if you applied ;)

Haha, 3 yrs flat then ready lor, by the time move into the flat, plus another 1 yr. Now i feel tht if can get instant flat better than bto, dun really like the idea of waiting too long. Now seems like no more enthusiast for 2 rm bto liao.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Today news reported tht the new canberra mrt station which will build btw existing yishun n sembawang mrt station will be ready in 2019. Works will start from mid of next yr.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• 4 weeks later...

Haha, 3 yrs flat then ready lor, by the time move into the flat, plus another 1 yr. Now i feel tht if can get instant flat better than bto, dun really like the idea of waiting too long. Now seems like no more enthusiast for 2 rm bto 

not enough cash for resale

and loan approve far too low

not enough cash for resale

and loan approve far too low

Agreed, somehow buying a resale flat not as easy as wht it seems to be. Buying resale flar u must be either very cash rich or u have lots of money in ur cpf account, if not quite diffficult. Thts y eversince hdb allowed singles to buy bto, until today there are still tons of pple applying.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Should try but my heart now goes to resale than bto liao.

Well, with the new ruling of Lease Buy Back and able to substitute the half of the Minimum Sum for Retirement with your owned property. I think BTO flat look more promising now.

With a new BTO flat, you can sell back more Lease Years rather than Resale with lesser remaining Lease Years...thus more $$$.  ^_^ 

Furthermore, buying BTO wouldn't burn your OA and still set aside balance for your retirement withdrawal with the new ruling.

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.