Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

For rental or buying try getting a centralised  location ones such as Toa Payoh    'cause if you go places North , South , East , West or change job , travelling is not such a concern ! 

2 hours ago, Guest said:

Dang, my Nov application still no news (they said end Feb) and the new BTO exercise started liao - kaoz, Does that mean I didn't got nothin'?

if your queue number is beyond the units offer, almost no hope liao! better apply for the upcoming bto!

if u dont even get a queue number, meaning your nov15 application not successful loh. 

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Mature or immature estate? Which BTO?

im single, so can only apply for non mature estate mah... what do u mean which bto? almost everytime there is a sale launch during the past 3 yrs loh.

33 minutes ago, Guest S said:

For rental or buying try getting a centralised  location ones such as Toa Payoh    'cause if you go places North , South , East , West or change job , travelling is not such a concern ! 

single cannot apply for mature estate like toa payoh!

12 minutes ago, mith said:

if your queue number is beyond the units offer, almost no hope liao! better apply for the upcoming bto!

if u dont even get a queue number, meaning your nov15 application not successful loh. 

Yeah just got the email a couple minutes ago - unsuccessful. Think even with the large number of 2 room flexi units, very few are allocated for singles 35-54 yrs.

Anyone or housing agent can advise if there is any resale value for 2rm bto flat of 38sqm in high floor compared to 47sqm in 2nd level. I am probably left with no much choice to select the  38sqm 2rm flat next week in chao chu kang bto flat given my ballot Q.no. Thank you.

On ‎23‎-‎02‎-‎2016 at 3:22 PM, HydroNaut said:

Tips? I dun have lor. I always go in to browse on the very second and click "submit" immediately right after i have google and research on the location. It is all "ti-kam" one. If you still cannot get, why not try the resale market? It is cooling down and the price are all below valuation now so quite worth it and somemore you can choose the location you want.

In resale market, not all r below valuation lah cos still depends on the location, condition of the unit and many other factors. I believe if u buy resale in mature estate, near city or mrt, still above valuation. So still best to buy 2 rm bto since the price is consider cheap.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

On 2/23/2016 at 2:53 PM, HydroNaut said:

I had tried for the 2rd times before I got it. First try, Punggol, never get....second time, Sembawang got it. So lucky to get the Sembawang unit as it is just a stone throw away from the future Canberra MRT station.

You tried 8 times? Cannot be cannot get, as the market is cooling down or have you been rejecting the offers to you so far? Ulu locations got higher chances of getting them.

Canberra 129 area

so we are neighbour soon haha

14 minutes ago, slimgam said:

Finally got after 9th tired for Nov BTO at Teck Whye Crescent. Booked my flat and selected 23th floor. Location not bad next to LRT and close to Bukit Panjang DTL. Only catch is got to wait for 4 years to be ready :(

Should be ready by end of the 3rd year la. Meantime, are you renting a room?

Even as I own a car, I still insist on staying very near (300 m or less) to MRT station for the convenience of visitors who does not drive. And when I retire , I will simply give up driving and rely on MRT as expensive cars are here to stay.

Be practical and choose your BTO unit near MRT station.

6 hours ago, slimgam said:

Finally got after 9th tired for Nov BTO at Teck Whye Crescent. Booked my flat and selected 23th floor. Location not bad next to LRT and close to Bukit Panjang DTL. Only catch is got to wait for 4 years to be ready :(

Great. We can be good neighbours. My cousin just got the unit at 3rd floor in first ballot exercise. I will put up at his place temporary once the flat is ready.

On 2016年2月24日 at 5:18 PM, mith said:

single cannot apply for mature estate like toa payoh!

My friend is single and above 35 years old, got a  resale  flat unit in Toa  Payoh !

14 hours ago, mith said:

we are talking BTO flats! NOT RESALE!

But the topic is not about BTO flats only , it says HDB flat ownership and loans , stupid !

On 3/3/2016 at 8:56 PM, Guest said:

Even as I own a car, I still insist on staying very near (300 m or less) to MRT station for the convenience of visitors who does not drive. And when I retire , I will simply give up driving and rely on MRT as expensive cars are here to stay.

Be practical and choose your BTO unit near MRT station.

yes mine is near to new mrt Canberra station in 2019

Just asking here: Hasn't anyone really considered getting a condo? Prices are already dropping to more realistic levels nowadays. Are condominium still so out of reach from you guys here? And the potential future market value can be much higher than that of HDB too. So, why not?

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Just asking here: Hasn't anyone really considered getting a condo? Prices are already dropping to more realistic levels nowadays. Are condominium still so out of reach from you guys here? And the potential future market value can be much higher than that of HDB too. So, why not?

I have been advised that if you are a first timer, the best would be to apply for a HDB flat to take advantage of the grants available to you. Thereafter, sell/rent your HDB flat after 5 years and move into a condo if you can still afford it by then.

19 minutes ago, azimuth said:

I have been advised that if you are a first timer, the best would be to apply for a HDB flat to take advantage of the grants available to you. Thereafter, sell/rent your HDB flat after 5 years and move into a condo if you can still afford it by then.

True, but singles can only apply for 2 room BTOs for grants eligibility, making it a one-bedroom unit. So there's zero likelihood for anyone to rent out anything during that first 5 years. Furthermore, if your plan is to sell off after 5 years, then you might be better off getting a condo since there's no restrictions of 5 years MOP period for condo. And if your plan is to get another condo after getting your first hdb, the second housing loan quantum becomes significantly lower than that of your first housing loan.

All these were thoughts as to why people get hdb nowadays when condo is within reach of many now.

15 hours ago, Guest said:

But the topic is not about BTO flats only , it says HDB flat ownership and loans , stupid !

first of all, it is not necessary to scold me!

i made a few posts only to this thread, each one quoting another contributor's post specifically, and all of them were discussing BTO flats.

it is fine if u wanna talk and comment on resale flats, which then u can just post and there is no need to quote me! please go check the earlier posts.

lastly,

i am fully aware of the scope of this thread, and i am not stupid. i knew singles can buy from the resale market from any estate since more than 10 yrs ago.

6 hours ago, azimuth said:

yes just take first

6 hours ago, onlylonely said:

But I have to wait till 35 to get a bto and 39 to shift in. The next alternative is resale bto or condo. 

I will prefer to buy a new launch condo before 30 and shift in by 33/34.

of u got money u can do it

resale 3 room also need 300k

cash on COV

renovation in cash

5 hours ago, Guest said:

True, but singles can only apply for 2 room BTOs for grants eligibility, making it a one-bedroom unit. So there's zero likelihood for anyone to rent out anything during that first 5 years. Furthermore, if your plan is to sell off after 5 years, then you might be better off getting a condo since there's no restrictions of 5 years MOP period for condo. And if your plan is to get another condo after getting your first hdb, the second housing loan quantum becomes significantly lower than that of your first housing loan.

All these were thoughts as to why people get hdb nowadays when condo is within reach of many now.

no cash

20% downpayment right?

now we are cash poor

7 hours ago, azimuth said:

Can we move back later to HDB and rent out the condo?  Just wondering.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:08 PM, thickhead79 said:

new rule not allow to own Condo and HDB

old time allow to own both

but it has been for quite some time that one cannot own both a condo/other properties in overseas too and the HDB

by being able to own a condo/pte properties(including overseas) means u don't have to compete with singaporeans who have difficulty in buying a small hdb flat

and flats are not built for the purpose of earning some rental income

the quota given to single is way too little and there is nothing u can do except keep trying and praying, if not u can opt for resale since price is stabilizing now but do note once u bought a resale flat, u will not be eligible anymore to buy a 2 room BTO which is strictly for first timer only...while flat are not built for earning rental income but what happen if today u lost your job or something happen which prevent u from working for months, u will thank god for the rental income ;)

11 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

the quota given to single is way too little and there is nothing u can do except keep trying and praying, if not u can opt for resale since price is stabilizing now but do note once u bought a resale flat, u will not be eligible anymore to buy a 2 room BTO which is strictly for first timer only...while flat are not built for earning rental income but what happen if today u lost your job or something happen which prevent u from working for months, u will thank god for the rental income ;)

Of course, why would someone who could afford a resale flat eyeing for a 2-rm BTO?
if flats for singles are already too little, shouldn't we leave the opportunity for strictly first timer?

Anyone could bear the possibility of losing a job anytime, and that doesn't mean we start to use the HDB flat as a mean, use your condo for rental or sell it pls (we are on this topic as the discussion is on why we cannot own both a hdb flat and condo)
Quite A lot of singaporeans esp elderly rent out their hdb  - it is a fact and no1 is stopping them at all (they do not own a condo)

if one has the foresight to dream of owning a pte property and hdb flat,then it is high time to invest that their immovable assets into something more liquid (investments) instead

NOt into properties and then complain

Rental is not the only source of income in the basket of eggs

1 hour ago, Guest said:

I got 2-rm BTO in Toa Payoh on first try because I add on my Mum's name in it.

with your mother's name, then u applied thro' family scheme, not single scheme! also that's why u can apply tpy. single below 55 cannot apply mature estate like tpy lo.

Edited by mith

22 minutes ago, mith said:

with your mother's name, then u applied thro' family scheme, not single scheme! also that's why u can apply tpy. single below 55 cannot apply mature estate like tpy lo.

Bingo! That is precisely my thoughts as well.

Not a wise and clever move I guess for you. Seem you are getting a BTO flat in a matured estate in TPY which single scheme cannot apply. You should salvage on that privilege and get a bigger unit than 2-Room since you are applying it with your mum, on the long run....your flat price might be more lucrative and you can sell it and get yourself a smaller 2-room unit through single scheme. 

Why happy when u get a 2-room unit? :huh::huh: What a waste..... 

20 minutes ago, HydroNaut said:

Not a wise and clever move I guess for you. Seem you are getting a BTO flat in a matured estate in TPY which single scheme cannot apply. You should salvage on that privilege and get a bigger unit than 2-Room since you are applying it with your mum, on the long run....your flat price might be more lucrative and you can sell it and get yourself a smaller 2-room unit through single scheme. 

Is there really still room for growth in property housing speculation nowadays after almost 3 decades of open market speculation started by the government back in the beginning of the 90s?

Don't forget how high today open resale prices for houses are already and if a 2 room unit valuation appreciate up then other 3/4/5 hdb and condo units will be adjusted too. 

There is no way only a 2 room unit flat type can rise up in value while other remain unchanged. 

The larger units are already breaking the 400k to 500k in today time already. 

How come people still think they can speculate on public housing and private properties in today time when the entire housing ponzi scheme have already been cooked to such a high value ?

Did wage increase as much and fast for people to think they can still play the housing speculation game in Singapore?

Who would want to take up a loan and pay 250k to 600k for second hand public flats that are already 20 to 30 years old?

Beside when you sell you have to buy too unless you cash out and migrate and no matter what price you choose to let go of your existing house you will end up throwing the same amount of money into a new unit unless you downgrade. It already defeat the purpose of house buying and painstakingly finish up the mortage only to end up compromising on living in a smaller yet higher priced modern unit in old age. 

How come Singaporeans cannot see through the housing appreciation scheme is just a ponzi scam and the one who get to enjoy true real cash all these years are actually the government and the banks?

A house is for a person to live in and a house is a basic living need in life. 

It shouldn't be view as an investment and people shouldn't allow themselves to become house slaves and cook up the pricing valuation of houses only for you and your own children cpf pension money to be channeled into these subverted toxic housing assets. 

Singaporeans need to study on the long term effect and impact of  basic finance, sociology and economics for their own sake. 

Open sale market if cannot climb anymore then the people will be sad. 

Open sale market if still can climb even at this late stage of the ponzi will also made new buyers sad laden with a big housing debt. 

Open sale market if can rise will also affect BTO prices too. If resale flats rise but BTO remain cheap then people will simply buy BTO. 

And if open sale market ruse and BTO also start to be sell higher so as not to create a conflict of interest and resentment for the older Singaporeans then the younger generations and first time buyers will also curse too. 

This country have really gotten into a big mess created by the pap and it have divided the people up. 

8 minutes ago, Guest End said:

Is there really still room for growth in property housing speculation nowadays after almost 3 decades of open market speculation started by the government back in the beginning of the 90s?

Don't forget how high today open resale prices for houses are already and if a 2 room unit valuation appreciate up then other 3/4/5 hdb and condo units will be adjusted too. 

There is no way only a 2 room unit flat type can rise up in value while other remain unchanged. 

The larger units are already breaking the 400k to 500k in today time already. 

How come people still think they can speculate on public housing and private properties in today time when the entire housing ponzi scheme have already been cooked to such a high value ?

Did wage increase as much and fast for people to think they can still play the housing speculation game in Singapore?

Who would want to take up a loan and pay 250k to 600k for second hand public flats that are already 20 to 30 years old?

Beside when you sell you have to buy too unless you cash out and migrate and no matter what price you choose to let go of your existing house you will end up throwing the same amount of money into a new unit unless you downgrade. It already defeat the purpose of house buying and painstakingly finish up the mortage only to end up compromising on living in a smaller yet higher priced modern unit in old age. 

How come Singaporeans cannot see through the housing appreciation scheme is just a ponzi scam and the one who get to enjoy true real cash all these years are actually the government and the banks?

A house is for a person to live in and a house is a basic living need in life. 

It shouldn't be view as an investment and people shouldn't allow themselves to become house slaves and cook up the pricing valuation of houses only for you and your own children cpf pension money to be channeled into these subverted toxic housing assets. 

Singaporeans need to study on the long term effect and impact of  basic finance, sociology and economics for their own sake. 

Open sale market if cannot climb anymore then the people will be sad. 

Open sale market if still can climb even at this late stage of the ponzi will also made new buyers sad laden with a big housing debt. 

Open sale market if can rise will also affect BTO prices too. If resale flats rise but BTO remain cheap then people will simply buy BTO. 

And if open sale market ruse and BTO also start to be sell higher so as not to create a conflict of interest and resentment for the older Singaporeans then the younger generations and first time buyers will also curse too. 

This country have really gotten into a big mess created by the pap and it have divided the people up. 

Aiyoh....you still dun get it.

As the TS expressed his happiness that he got a 2-Room Flat with joint application with his mum (With more subsidized since staying with parent and using his single grant and other housing grants). I am saying, he should be tapping on this privilege to get a bigger unit. Surely a bigger unit will have more value no matter how bad the market is, when it is in prime district like Toa Payoh. 

If you really have to own a phone (BTO Flat unit) and the difference of price is not much. 

Would you rather have a Nokia phone(2-room) or a Iphone 6S(3-room). It doesn't takes much thoughts to decide. 

Even though the IPhone(3-room) is not gonna sell as lucrative when it first launch as iPhone. Definitely, there is an added value in owning one.

It dun takes a genius to decide right? :D

Edited by HydroNaut

No longer  staying in Singapore currently but mind explaining to me why people place a big emphasis on the location of a house?

What is the difference between staying in a house that is in a mature estate and a non mature estate?

Because as far as I know Singapore is a very small island and one can travel and reach anywhere they want in just about an hour time. 

43 minutes ago, HydroNaut said:

I put my Mum as the first owner and I the co-owner. Since she was not working and above 55, I bet I stood a higher chance to downgrade and I was right. HDB actually looked into your family nucleus and income before allocation.

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.