Male HQ

Taiwan - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

jazz

Luke from Royal spa suddenly quit! I had an appointment booked with him on the Sat and went to Royal to confirm it but was told by the manager the guy suddenly told him he didn't want to work there anymore with like zero notice!! So sad! Miss Luke

So sudden! Who did you get as replacement at Royal?

I just came back from chuan tang. Apparently they did some minor renovation.. charging 200NT per entry. The big giant pool is divided into 2 pools. One smaller and hotter than the other.

The steam room is now see through as the walls are all made of glass. No more hanky panky. :( on the walls of the hot spring you can see warnings about chasing patrons out if they are caught doing indecent acts. :(x2

alrt, was so tempted to see e newer look on e new steam rm after they removed e steam rm (which i shared in jun earlier), so i reached abt 7pm last sat, there were only abt 30+ guys inside including a few teens (abt 17-20 in age) & e rest mature guys. same thing, no need to wait for shoe rack and locker, and they re-positioned e shoe rack & some lockers ard abit...

indeed, e original 1 big pool has been divided into 2 "rectangular" shape, e smaller 1 (nearer steam room) was so-so hot, while e bigger 1 was "normal". they used to have digital temp at 1 corner to show e temp of water, now replaced by 2 "weighing-scale" like readers, which can't be seen from far on the temp of e water in both pools.

tt small jacuzzi pool is e same old 1, nothing changed.

now for e new steam rm... as mentioned above, it has e transparent glass panes after they removed e old steam rm - but it will become translucent when e steam is activated (need to press button for e steam, just like e old steam rm) AND AND AND i actually saw action nearer e entrance of e steam rm - bcoz there is wall away from e glass panes so tt it can't be seen. i din take part since i was there to "recce" abit, & wont want to be "caught" (see below)...

e crowd started to pick up after 9, and it got a little more crowded. but i left nearly at 10 to catch e bus since it was usually difficult to get a taxi even wif e operator calling for 1...

-- side note: i thought i saw the staff (specky guy w a little balding?), but he was not clothed, yes, naked like a customer using the facilities. i can't be sure it is/was him, but better be careful as some1 said so earlier abt entrapment...

will check out e new huang ding tmr, hehe...

Trip report:

2. My Home Spa

After a disappointing experience, I booked a Thai style massage with Rock (half owner) and boy was it good! I get frequent back aches and Rock who is a trained chiropractor and also trained in Thai massage and Japanese shiatsu identified the problem immediately. His dry massage was super with a lot of bone cracking and stretching techniques. When he does the massage you can tell he really knows what he is doing - some of the stuff he does I wouldn't dare let a thai masseur do for me cos it's so risky. While chatting, I found out he has female customers also - some have one leg shorter than the other and he helps by making the other leg longer through massage. There is also a facial bit and face mask provided for the Thai style massage.

Now I remember a previous comment on this forum on Thai style massage in Taiwan means b2b and this was the case here. He was superb in the oil massage and I finished up very satisfied. So now I will come here cos I get a massage that is really good for my back as well as some happy time at the end. Btw Rock looks better than his pic - better looking, nice bod and very very easy and fun to chat to and oozing a very Taiwanese manliness - which is what attracts me to Taiwan in the first place. 3200NT but he usually gives a 200NT voucher to u if u express interest in booking another session.

Will be trying Royal's Karl and Tsuna shortly:)

Hope this helps

WISH from myhome spa is so yummy. I don't like men with tattoos

Hello.. im 1.5 weeks away from my trip to taiwan.. wanna ask any recommendation for massage? like which massage/spa parlour to go to and any recommended masseur? hahaha..

if anyone is in taiwan from 21st to 26th.. can pm me to meet up or something! (: going there with a friend.  will be in taipei.

Edited by Wyatt

Trip report:

1. Weipa spa

Tried Alan from Weipa spa. He is good looking - looks like his photo. Massage was so so. The dry massage was ok but could tell there was not enough training for the whole process. As usual there was a dry massage 70 percent and oil 30 percent. There was too much oil applied on th last bit. Handjob was provided but nothing else. 2500NT

2. My Home Spa

After a disappointing experience, I booked a Thai style massage with Rock (half owner) and boy was it good! I get frequent back aches and Rock who is a trained chiropractor and also trained in Thai massage and Japanese shiatsu identified the problem immediately. His dry massage was super with a lot of bone cracking and stretching techniques. When he does the massage you can tell he really knows what he is doing - some of the stuff he does I wouldn't dare let a thai masseur do for me cos it's so risky. While chatting, I found out he has female customers also - some have one leg shorter than the other and he helps by making the other leg longer through massage. There is also a facial bit and face mask provided for the Thai style massage.

Now I remember a previous comment on this forum on Thai style massage in Taiwan means b2b and this was the case here. He was superb in the oil massage and I finished up very satisfied. So now I will come here cos I get a massage that is really good for my back as well as some happy time at the end. Btw Rock looks better than his pic - better looking, nice bod and very very easy and fun to chat to and oozing a very Taiwanese manliness - which is what attracts me to Taiwan in the first place. 3200NT but he usually gives a 200NT voucher to u if u express interest in booking another session.

Will be trying Royal's Karl and Tsuna shortly:)

Hope this helps

Allen is indeed handsome... did he go nude?

was it really that bad?

Allen did go nude. It was most unfortunate as their massages are not cheap!

Ok lah. You pay about the same in Singapore and even then the therapist cane be fully clothed and might not give you a h.e.. At least there are reviews here about the therapists in the more popular massage shops/places - one practically 'goes in blind' esp the ones in say places like Seoul, Shanghai, etc.

Guest Sport-coholic

While chatting, I found out he has female customers also - some have one leg shorter than the other and he helps by making the other leg longer through massage.

Really can do that? Then can make my little bro' permanently longer? :P

Trip report:

Huang Ding

Went twice to this new gay owned (maybe)and operated hot springs. It is in the same location as Chuan tang, but in a higher area. Went on Friday night and there were perhaps 100+ people, but Sat was like 200-300+. Had dinner there, you have to spend 400NT per person and they give u a voucher which allows you go go in on the same day or later (better than other hot springs), or you can just pay 250NT to go in. Food was good. Not expensive. We spent 2100NT for four and got about 5 dishes.

As for hot springs - wow! When you enter the changing room there are like naked guys everywhere like the old Chuan tang. There are three pools in the first room, cold pool, very hot and medium hot - the medium hot is the largest and has the most people. Then infront is the steam room and boy was it packed. It's Chuan Tang all over again - when u squeeze yourself in people are inside doing hand jobs for everyone. I managed a few blowjobs - was interesting! There are like 50 people in a small room - the steam room was larger than the old Chuan tangs.

On a corridor running down the side are three long pools all with different temperatures - all milder than the main medium pool. There are really hot guys naked everywhere!!! The third pool has a powerful jet of water that you can stand under to massage your back/shoulders.

Now the rumors are true - the owner closed the female area and expanded the male section. So go back inside the changing area, there is a second changing area and walk through and you will see a hidden glass sauna and three more hidden pools. This used to be the ladies area. These three are mild, medium and cold. This area is nicer in my opinion as it's less crowded and easier to chat wth other guys.

Going to Huang Chi later today - hope this helps!

Trip report:

Huang Ding

Went twice to this new gay owned (maybe)and operated hot springs. It is in the same location as Chuan tang, but in a higher area. Went on Friday night and there were perhaps 100+ people, but Sat was like 200-300+. Had dinner there, you have to spend 400NT per person and they give u a voucher which allows you go go in on the same day or later (better than other hot springs), or you can just pay 250NT to go in. Food was good. Not expensive. We spent 2100NT for four and got about 5 dishes.

As for hot springs - wow! When you enter the changing room there are like naked guys everywhere like the old Chuan tang. There are three pools in the first room, cold pool, very hot and medium hot - the medium hot is the largest and has the most people. Then infront is the steam room and boy was it packed. It's Chuan Tang all over again - when u squeeze yourself in people are inside doing hand jobs for everyone. I managed a few blowjobs - was interesting! There are like 50 people in a small room - the steam room was larger than the old Chuan tangs.

On a corridor running down the side are three long pools all with different temperatures - all milder than the main medium pool. There are really hot guys naked everywhere!!! The third pool has a powerful jet of water that you can stand under to massage your back/shoulders.

Now the rumors are true - the owner closed the female area and expanded the male section. So go back inside the changing area, there is a second changing area and walk through and you will see a hidden glass sauna and three more hidden pools. This used to be the ladies area. These three are mild, medium and cold. This area is nicer in my opinion as it's less crowded and easier to chat wth other guys.

Going to Huang Chi later today - hope this helps!

Can't wait already!

jayjay had a detailed report on huang ding this morning, let me add on my experience last nite...

e entrance fee is nt$250 & u need to take a queue no. before making payment. there r 2 entrances to e hotspring - left & right (right is e one converted from female hotspring) which i happened to take e right 1...

once in, it was a very small changing area wif lockers, shoe rack & water dispenser (though there r disposable cups, u might still wanna bring water bottle in case they dun refill those cups in time). once naked, walk through curtain & there r 3 pools (2 hot, 1 cold) with 4 shower pts to e left of curtain. this original female area (can tell from the red painted walls) is indoor (kinda stuffy), so e connection pt to e other "male area" is on extreme left of 3rd pool - there is a small connection step to walk through (yes, walk through the pool itself)...

after u reached e original "male area", there is a sauna rm on e left and e other changing area wif toilet (including lockers, shoe rack & water dispenser). oh-oh-oh, forgot to mention tt there is no need to pay for lockers, free usage!!!! & after e changing area r e 3 pools (2 hot, 1 cold) wif 4 shower pts on e left. there is a passage way leading up to e steam rm (action area, will say more later below) with glass panels. from e passage way turn right will lead u to another 3 shower pts (& there r benches outside the steam rm and this shower pt for u to sit & rest). turn left from shower pt would lead u to another 3 hot pools, & finally after e hot pools is e smoking/rest area. a relatively big place...

now, e action - steam rm was always packed & when i sat outside e steam rm on e bench, cld see many ppl in e big pool looking into e steam rm, looking & talking abt e action inside, u cld see them laughing at times (they were even pointing occasionally). at 1 pt, i was in e big pool, cld see 2 guys doing something/jerking a 3rd seated on e bench inside (glass panel, & less ppl at tt time right inside). when inside, i cld also hear sucking sound, u really cant missed it - tt sound, hehe...

@@ u might wanna refer to its facebook pictures for references of my description above (e link is on e previous page) & i did a quick rough sketch of e place (towards e left not detailed coz run out of space to draw), anyway it is not drawn to scale leh, hehe...

2h5jxj8.jpg

Edited by -honey-

jayjay had a detailed report on huang ding this morning, let me add on my experience last nite...

e entrance fee is nt$250 & u need to take a queue no. before making payment. there r 2 entrances to e hotspring - left & right (right is e one converted from female hotspring) which i happened to take e right 1...

once in, it was a very small changing area wif lockers, shoe rack & water dispenser (though there r disposable cups, u might still wanna bring water bottle in case they dun refill those cups in time). once naked, walk through curtain & there r 3 pools (2 hot, 1 cold) with 4 shower pts to e left of curtain. this original female area (can tell from the red painted walls) is indoor (kinda stuffy), so e connection pt to e other "male area" is on extreme left of 3rd pool - there is a small connection step to walk through (yes, walk through the pool itself)...

after u reached e original "male area", there is a sauna rm on e left and e other changing area wif toilet (including lockers, shoe rack & water dispenser). oh-oh-oh, forgot to mention tt there is no need to pay for lockers, free usage!!!! & after e changing area r e 3 pools (2 hot, 1 cold) wif 4 shower pts on e left. there is a passage way leading up to e steam rm (action area, will say more later below) with glass panels. from e passage way turn right will lead u to another 3 shower pts (& there r benches outside the steam rm and this shower pt for u to sit & rest). turn left from shower pt would lead u to another 3 hot pools, & finally after e hot pools is e smoking/rest area. a relatively big place...

now, e action - steam rm was always packed & when i sat outside e steam rm on e bench, cld see many ppl in e big pool looking into e steam rm, looking & talking abt e action inside, u cld see them laughing at times (they were even pointing occasionally). at 1 pt, i was in e big pool, cld see 2 guys doing something/jerking a 3rd seated on e bench inside (glass panel, & less ppl at tt time right inside). when inside, i cld also hear sucking sound, u really cant missed it - tt sound, hehe...

@@ u might wanna refer to its facebook pictures for references of my description above (e link is on e previous page) & i did a quick rough sketch of e place (towards e left not detailed coz run out of space to draw), anyway it is not drawn to scale leh, hehe...

2h5jxj8.jpg

Thanks, honey!! 

Woah!

The diagram will come in very handy!! 

Is it hard to get a taxi back to Ximen area from Huangding? I can't speak mandarin. Can they call a cab for you?

depends on luck. i usually just go and flag at the main road and i will get 1. you can also get the front desk to help you i guess.

about 400-500 ntd trip depending on traffic

Edited by wintersnow

I is easy to catch a bus and MRT back to Ximen if it is not too late. You come out to the main road and cross the road. There is a bus stop with bus no 508 to MRT 石牌站。where you can catch a train down to 台北站 where you change a train to 西门站, exit no 1 is near 红楼 where you can find a lot of interesting bars and can walk 5 to 10 minutes to the Royal spa.

Just a quick question, last time for the old 川汤, it was recommended to visit on a Saturday night, now with this new 皇鼎, does it matter anymore, as in weekdays also have crowd?

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Will be in Taiwan from 7-12jan 2016. Doesn't has a clue on where to stay since there are too many hostel lol.

Anyone maybe looking for room partner so we can get cheaper room preferably in xmd area? Haha.

Btw I am South east asian born chinese student, clean and quite adventurous ;)

Hi

It does matter. Friday nights and Sat nights are the best. Sat was I went on both nights. Fri had about 70-100 people, Sat was easily 200-250 hot hot guys. So sat if u ask.

Just a quick question, last time for the old 川汤, it was recommended to visit on a Saturday night, now with this new 皇鼎, does it matter anymore, as in weekdays also have crowd?

Edited by Jay Jay

Thanks Jay Jay, for the insightful information, haha.     :thumb:

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Anyone heading to Taipei for the new year?

:mellow:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink: ~Say also Never Listen, Listen also Never Understand, Never Understand also Never Ask, Ask also Never Do, Do also Do Wrongly, Do Wrongly also Never Admit, Admit also Never Correct, Correct also Not Happy, Not Happy also Never Say~ :huh: ^_^  :o  ;)  

Hello! :)

I am planning my first trip to Taiwan, but sadly, I have no clue what to plan and how to plan it.

I have a few questions in mind.

Anyone has any idea how big is Taipei? Can I get around easily?

If I want to visit places like Tamsui or Beitou and even Pingxi. Is it advisable to just book a hotel or hostel in Taipei instead of moving around?

Would really appreciate any advise given! :D

Thank you!  ;)

Hello! :)

I am planning my first trip to Taiwan, but sadly, I have no clue what to plan and how to plan it.

I have a few questions in mind.

Anyone has any idea how big is Taipei? Can I get around easily?

If I want to visit places like Tamsui or Beitou and even Pingxi. Is it advisable to just book a hotel or hostel in Taipei instead of moving around?

Would really appreciate any advise given! :D

Thank you!  ;)

taipei city itself is about 1/3 of sg size (roughly, i may be wrong)

i dont think you will need to move hotels because

tamsui and beitou are connected by subway so i dont think you have much of a problem with that and its not so far. i think from taipei main station to tamsui is probably like raffles place to sembawang kind of distance, beitou is slightly shorter distance from taipei main station

pingxi, you have a few options. the fastest of course would be private transport or charter a taxi. else, train (not subway) to rui fang then buy a 1 day pass for the pingxi line

Read a lot of these posts and found them helpful for my trip, so I thought I'd return the favor and make a post as well;

Went to Aniki this past Saturday night and it was rather busy...with a lot of things happening.  They had the black face masks upstairs in the gym area, though I think I would have preferred being able to see people's faces instead.  There was a crowded dark room downstairs too.

Went to Huang Ding hot spring on a tuesday early evening and it was relatively quiet.  Maybe 25 people, half old, half young. They have a big lit up sign at the street, as well as a huge lit up sign at their entrance. Taking the bus up/down was easy.

Went to the Royal Spa on a wednesday afternoon with no appointment, and was able to choose from several masseurs with minimal wait time.  I took the less expensive 2100 NT 90 minute service with Kay.  He speaks english.  To sum up my experience, I will just say it exceeded my expectations (my expectations based on previous posts here...) Location was a short walk from xi men red house metro stop; used google maps walking directions to walk there.

Read a lot of these posts and found them helpful for my trip, so I thought I'd return the favor and make a post as well;

Went to Aniki this past Saturday night and it was rather busy...with a lot of things happening.  They had the black face masks upstairs in the gym area, though I think I would have preferred being able to see people's faces instead.  There was a crowded dark room downstairs too.

Went to Huang Ding hot spring on a tuesday early evening and it was relatively quiet.  Maybe 25 people, half old, half young. They have a big lit up sign at the street, as well as a huge lit up sign at their entrance. Taking the bus up/down was easy.

Went to the Royal Spa on a wednesday afternoon with no appointment, and was able to choose from several masseurs with minimal wait time.  I took the less expensive 2100 NT 90 minute service with Kay.  He speaks english.  To sum up my experience, I will just say it exceeded my expectations (my expectations based on previous posts here...) Location was a short walk from xi men red house metro stop; used google maps walking directions to walk there.

wat is your expectation?

It is at xin yee road. U take bus 508 out side si pai metro station ( bus stop at the right side in front of far food shops). U alight the bus when it reaches xin yee 3 bus stop. U follow the bus direction walking a bit up slope and turn right. U see a big open car park and u will see quite a number of hot spring places. U can choose the one u like. U have to take bus 508 at the bus stop opposite the road when u want to go back to si pai metro station. From there u can go down to taipei metro station or go north to visit tan Sui where a lot of local shops and hawkers. Enjoy your hot spring and good foods.

Aiyo...

Anyone has the exact address of Huang Ding? I google but cannot find any information. Thanks

Please refer to previous page for its website & facebook link, not that hard to find eh.

It is at xin yee road. U take bus 508 out side si pai metro station ( bus stop at the right side .....

You're very helpful, really, but he was asking for an address, not directions eh.

For Huang Ding, anyone can share tips when is better time and day to visit?

This question was discussed above, on this same page, did you read??

usually starts to get extremely squeezy if u r going to the concert area about 9 plus

Googled and found this site. Places to see fireworks other than at Taipei 101. I don't intend to reserve a spot but maybe stand at some strategic street corner and hope to see the fireworks from there.

http://www.taiwanholidays.com.au/watching-taipei-101-fireworks-from-scenic-spots

Edited by herodai

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.