Male HQ

Where are all the decent gays?

Guest True

So many people here are cruisers and privacy and modesty violators. When we see a guy defending his right to not be harassed (peeing in peace, for example), people here are ready to flame him and defend their right to peek, stare and make rude sexual advances. People here are sharing cruising spots and doing all sorts of sexual acts in public, sharing them as stories and even sharing exhibitionist photos. They are all highly encouraged. Yet when two guys were caught having sex in the gym and arrested, people here only blame them for being stupid and getting caught, with no hint of the actual morality of the wrongdoing. The "wrong" in the wrongdoing is getting caught...Some even condemn these people who got caught, all the while relishing in stories and encounters that are illegal or bordering on illegal. One guy even said law is law and those guys who did it in public flouted the law so they must be punished. While he recognises the difference between the sexual act in public (against the law) and the one in private (still against the law but no longer liable to getting caught), he completely ignores the fact that so many sexual threads here are about acts that are in flagrant violation of the law. 

I hope to get the remaining decent guys to speak out and not have immoral, overly selfish people defend their wrongdoing as usual - the very people who cast stones upon those who get caught.  

Keep this in mind: if there are no decent gays here who would defend the rights of others and at least chasten the culprits, then people will have to fend for themselves and take action. If a str8 guy comes here he may be outraged. Even the decent gays are (must be) outraged, let alone them. Remember, even though the police probably already monitor this site, all it takes is a tip-off or report for them to launch an investigation and go out there hunting for such illegal activities. Do we really want to force some of us to have to protect ourselves in such ways? 

4 hours ago, Guest True said:

Keep this in mind: if there are no decent gays here who would defend the rights of others and at least chasten the culprits, then people will have to fend for themselves and take action. If a str8 guy comes here he may be outraged. Even the decent gays are (must be) outraged, let alone them. Remember, even though the police probably already monitor this site, all it takes is a tip-off or report for them to launch an investigation and go out there hunting for such illegal activities. Do we really want to force some of us to have to protect ourselves in such ways? 

Being decent is a two-way street, I guess. If no one respects the rights of the gay community... :huh:

Humans are more respect to their religions or philosophies, no matter how decent gays are will never been gained fully recognition in a society level not gov.

23 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Being decent is a two-way street, I guess. If no one respects the rights of the gay community... :huh:

Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

Anyway, let's not bring it morality since it's super subjective. As long as the community doesn't break laws (377A aside since it's rarely enforced particularly if it's within private space), i don't see the need to play by other people's moral standards.

Edited by EasleyLim

Guest Fatty

This is typical Singaporean behavior. We can't wait to kill off each other. Ever wonder why FTs is getting ahead of us in our home ground?

You're on a pretty sex-obsessed forum. It then stands to follow that a lot of the people here seem sex-crazed, etc.

Self-selecting sample size.

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

You're on a pretty sex-obsessed forum. It then stands to follow that a lot of the people here seem sex-crazed, etc.

Self-selecting sample size.

Typically men always think of sex when excited or bored, aren't you?

6 hours ago, EasleyLim said:

Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

Anyway, let's not bring it morality since it's super subjective. As long as the community doesn't break laws (377A aside since it's rarely enforced particularly if it's within private space), i don't see the need to play by other people's moral standards.

I don't really notice or remember people because to me most people here are anonymous, but you seem to give rather unthinking replies sometimes. I fully agree with the first sentence! However, the second part is really quite lame. Just to clarify: are you saying that if I want to stare at other people peeing or make rude sexual advances at anyone I can do so because not disturbing others is an artificial moral standard of others? Or there's nothing wrong for me to share hot pics or nudes of str8 guys in a gay forum or use their pics in a gay app, which many people here do? Like you said, it's super subjective and it seems like we should not care about other people as long as we are gratified. 

Yes, morality is subjective as some people think being gay is wrong. But here we are talking about something that's rather objective and basic...if even such basic things are subjective, I wonder what kind of person you could be. 

Dead.

Attached.

Not born yet 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

13 hours ago, Guest True said:

I don't really notice or remember people because to me most people here are anonymous, but you seem to give rather unthinking replies sometimes. I fully agree with the first sentence! However, the second part is really quite lame. Just to clarify: are you saying that if I want to stare at other people peeing or make rude sexual advances at anyone I can do so because not disturbing others is an artificial moral standard of others? Or there's nothing wrong for me to share hot pics or nudes of str8 guys in a gay forum or use their pics in a gay app, which many people here do? Like you said, it's super subjective and it seems like we should not care about other people as long as we are gratified. 

Yes, morality is subjective as some people think being gay is wrong. But here we are talking about something that's rather objective and basic...if even such basic things are subjective, I wonder what kind of person you could be. 

I'm saying there no point arguing about whose moral standards we should follow since it's subjective. Therefore we just stick to what's written in the law books because THAT is what everyone can agree to. Everything else you thought I was saying is all made up in your head.

Edited by EasleyLim

8 hours ago, EasleyLim said:

I'm saying there no point arguing about whose moral standards we should follow since it's subjective. Therefore we just stick to what's written in the law books because THAT is what everyone can agree to. Everything else you thought I was saying is all made up in your head.

Read the post. If you are replying to the post then your assertion of the subjectivity of morality necessarily entails refuting what I said. If not, then your reply is at best irrelevant and at worst a product of poor comprehension. 

8 hours ago, EasleyLim said:

Ok but whatever; you may be making a fair point anyway. You are free to voice your opinion just as I am. 

hmm...i understand where you're coming from and i also kinda agree with you...but it could very well be just another vocal minority vs. silent majority issue, which is not unique to this community but pretty much the norm in the online sphere, so perception aside, i guess just keep faith that there are still plenty of "decent' folks out there.  after all, if you look closely enough, there are members who would speak up when they found certain members' sharing of experiences objectionable, eg. "molesting" others in public transport etc.

but like what some of the members mentioned earlier, where one draws the line is indeed quite subjective.  so while i wouldn't set my base as low as Easley had suggested, which is more about objective legality and less about subjective decency, i would still not be as vocal on what i personally deem unacceptable...because when it comes to that, it's really about being judgemental, and i think that's the last thing we need in this community.  being judged by others on sexuality, judging others on personal morality.  unless it's really on something that resonates with me.

so going back to your original post, to be honest, i kinda got the gist of what you were trying to say, but got lost in your attempt to cite examples.  personally, i found it objectionable for those in this community to not only harass straight guys out there, but to also take pride in sharing their experiences in doing so.  that disgusts.  but do i have a problem with those who just enjoy outdoor fun?  not really.  as far as personal value is concerned, i believe as long as it's not at the expense of others, people should have the freedom to do what they want to do.  does that make me "indecent"?  by your standard probably yes (if i understand your examples correctly), but by my own standard, i think i'm ok.

1 hour ago, youngpunk said:

hmm...i understand where you're coming from and i also kinda agree with you...but it could very well be just another vocal minority vs. silent majority issue, which is not unique to this community but pretty much the norm in the online sphere, so perception aside, i guess just keep faith that there are still plenty of "decent' folks out there.  after all, if you look closely enough, there are members who would speak up when they found certain members' sharing of experiences objectionable, eg. "molesting" others in public transport etc.

but like what some of the members mentioned earlier, where one draws the line is indeed quite subjective.  so while i wouldn't set my base as low as Easley had suggested, which is more about objective legality and less about subjective decency, i would still not be as vocal on what i personally deem unacceptable...because when it comes to that, it's really about being judgemental, and i think that's the last thing we need in this community.  being judged by others on sexuality, judging others on personal morality.  unless it's really on something that resonates with me.

so going back to your original post, to be honest, i kinda got the gist of what you were trying to say, but got lost in your attempt to cite examples.  personally, i found it objectionable for those in this community to not only harass straight guys out there, but to also take pride in sharing their experiences in doing so.  that disgusts.  but do i have a problem with those who just enjoy outdoor fun?  not really.  as far as personal value is concerned, i believe as long as it's not at the expense of others, people should have the freedom to do what they want to do.  does that make me "indecent"?  by your standard probably yes (if i understand your examples correctly), but by my own standard, i think i'm ok.

This is a well-reasoned reply. Nope, you're not indecent by my standards. Exhibitionism isn't wrong unless it's a deliberate attempt to "flash" to others or passers-by who may be shocked or offended. Otherwise, finding a secluded spot to get naked isn't really "wrong". You're right to say as long as it's not at the expense of others :)

I just think that there are many gays who are sexually repressed and closeted, and they are not always the most sensible in their expression. Having lived and still living in a very pro LGBT environment over a decade, 2 men arrested for lewd behaviour is no more shocking than woman flashes ankle at rubbish disposal man. I think if being gay is less of an issue, and generally accepted, people will be more laissez-faire about it.

Love. 

Guest Glyph
On 4/11/2016 at 10:45 AM, Guest True said:

People here are sharing cruising spots and doing all sorts of sexual acts in public, sharing them as stories and even sharing exhibitionist photos. They are all highly encouraged. Yet when two guys were caught having sex in the gym and arrested, people here only blame them for being stupid and getting caught, with no hint of the actual morality of the wrongdoing. The "wrong" in the wrongdoing is getting caught...

3 hours ago, Guest True said:

Exhibitionism isn't wrong unless it's a deliberate attempt to "flash" to others or passers-by who may be shocked or offended. Otherwise, finding a secluded spot to get naked isn't really "wrong". You're right to say as long as it's not at the expense of others :)

You seem to have already answered yourself, and in a rather contradictory fashion if I may say so. What's the real issue then? If I were to say that I'm against exhibitionism, which by default is immoral and illegal—caught or not, would you have agreed? There's your case of subjective morality, so what's the point in raising my voice? Attempting to do so isn't decency, it's naivety.

12 hours ago, Glyph said:

You seem to have already answered yourself, and in a rather contradictory fashion if I may say so. What's the real issue then? If I were to say that I'm against exhibitionism, which by default is immoral and illegal—caught or not, would you have agreed? There's your case of subjective morality, so what's the point in raising my voice? Attempting to do so isn't decency, it's naivety.

Another guy with poor comprehension...I won't bother with you if you can't read properly and prefer to lift sentences out of context.

12 hours ago, Glyph said:

You would do well to read youngpunk's reply, which deals with the issue. He, unlike you, knows how to read, can grasp ideas and give a relevant reply. 

Guest Glyph

So what's decency? Putting on a charade when we're all aware of what's going on behind closed doors (or secluded spots, if you must), and shunning those who're caught for it not just simply for being caught but also the fact that it's morally questionable? How is this any different than those who defend or "cast stones upon" them for the sole reason that they're busted, you're only doing it when they're caught.

It's not like we're on a moral high ground, we're all equally guilty under the eyes of the law. For negligence, or silent abetment. There are things that we shouldn't tolerate and we do sound out, but for petty stuff? So what's the point of this thread? Calling out "decent" guys in the futile attempt to stop those discussions? What's the point? Haven't you already noticed, people generally don't listen around here. The rules are flouted 90% of the time, and nobody gives a damn.

You said straight or "decent" dudes would rage at those threads, lodge a police report maybe but that's just the worst of it. At its best it could be a guide for rational and sensible folks to avoid those places. Not all exist for a sole purpose, but I suppose you haven't quite caught up on that yet. So please, at least attempt at understanding my post before assuming I didn't read someone else's.

And don't talk about morals when you're going to give the green light to exhibitionism. 要做“好人”做到底。

3 hours ago, Guest said:

You would do well to read youngpunk's reply, which deals with the issue. He, unlike you, knows how to read, can grasp ideas and give a relevant reply. 

Don't raise a issue if you can't take in comments like this, fellow guest.

6 hours ago, Glyph said:

So what's decency? Putting on a charade when we're all aware of what's going on behind closed doors (or secluded spots, if you must), and shunning those who're caught for it not just simply for being caught but also the fact that it's morally questionable? How is this any different than those who defend or "cast stones upon" them for the sole reason that they're busted, you're only doing it when they're caught.

It's not like we're on a moral high ground, we're all equally guilty under the eyes of the law. For negligence, or silent abetment. There are things that we shouldn't tolerate and we do sound out, but for petty stuff? So what's the point of this thread? Calling out "decent" guys in the futile attempt to stop those discussions? What's the point? Haven't you already noticed, people generally don't listen around here. The rules are flouted 90% of the time, and nobody gives a damn.

You said straight or "decent" dudes would rage at those threads, lodge a police report maybe but that's just the worst of it. At its best it could be a guide for rational and sensible folks to avoid those places. Not all exist for a sole purpose, but I suppose you haven't quite caught up on that yet. So please, at least attempt at understanding my post before assuming I didn't read someone else's.

And don't talk about morals when you're going to give the green light to exhibitionism. 要做“好人”做到底。

What's done behind closed doors is not behind anybody's expense. You are a wake up call indeed. It's useless trying to rally decent guys when people like you exist. 

I think OP started off with some decent points but lost them somewhere in the middle. Probably dropped them when he was scaling the moral high ground. Pretty much everyone who replied agreed that we shouldn't break the law but some stopped short of agreeing with OP by not condemning the acts he stated. So in OP's mind, anyone who doesn't condemn the acts the way he does = advocating said acts, lol.

Edited by EasleyLim

Guest Glyph

I pretty much agreed with everything he mentioned in his initial posts until he went ahead and refuted his own cited example. That contradiction and double standard too big to ignore, seriously.

Applying your own set of moral judgement onto others whole assuming that you're always right is laughable. The Catholic Church is a case in point, isn't it. Clearly you've spend too much of your life just being in Singapore and not much looking at beyond the highly conservative and restricted society we have here. None of what these people do affect you directly, so why bother for one. Moreover, you're committing a strawman argument and basing your opinions on a small selected subset of the whole population. Have you thought about what sort of people are more likely to come here and thus what things do they look for. Do you think that all heterosexual couples cheat on each other due to the existence of Ashley madison? Generalising an observation you've made on here is just lame and of really poor inductive strength.

Cogito ergo sum - I think therefore I am.

• 3 months later...
Guest virginal

Decency and morallty are afterall, made up by culture. What is acceptable within one group of people may be unacceptable by another. Such standards are subjective, differ geographically and change over time.

In certain countries, raping women is acceptable if they're considered to be dressed indecently. In another culture, people have sex anywhere, everywhere and anytime. They don't mind that children see, and everyone's cool about it. - I read about this tribe long ago. It probably won't exist anymore if missionaries had settled to "educate" them what what are the "correct" right's and wrong's. Just like how aboroginal tribes had topless women who thought nothing of bare breasts. Only the visiting missionaries saw it as sin.

There is nothing inheretly wrong in having sex or being topless, unless it violates the will, rights or property of another person. Examples would be flashing an unwillingly audience, breaking into someone else's property (even if it's unlocked) and ejaculating on their new floor, molest, rape... if people who did things things were fully aware that their actions caused others distress, and yet continue doing it, deriving pleasure, then technically, this is perversion and help should be sought.

For the rest of us, we masturate in our bedroom. I doubt that's a sin this century. I think it's simple. Draw your own line, and make sure yours doesn't cross the law.

Everything else here in these forums, you got to take with a pinch of salt. Since there are many trolls here, some will deliberately encourage percerted acts. They're safe though. They just want to see others do it and get caught. Trolls are perverted that way too.

13 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Im born still alive n still single.:D

I very decent u know.

Decently cute or decent jerk? :P

That time u attached but still flirt around.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

58 minutes ago, fab said:

Decently cute or decent jerk? :P

That time u attached but still flirt around.

Hello.excuse me.

U sure its me

Dude im known for my faithfulness n sincerity.i dont even jo when im attached.waiting for my ex to unload for me u know

Hehe..pantang for me to flirt during courtship ok

• Guest locked this topic