Male HQ

$500-FUTURE SKILL CREDIT

Guest Unemployed

Guest Unemployed

Anyone made full use of the scheme?  Of all the courses, majority has no commercial value or added tangible value.  The only one that is interesting is cake/pastry/bread making.  I was thinking of learning pastry and start home-based pastry business?  Alternatively, couldn't find any school that conduct e-commerce or webhosting.

Any suggestion to use this govt money without hurting my pocket?

It is just a wayang amount to make people happy. Like putting a 20 cent coin into a red packet during CNY while the adults are earning millions of dollars.

A shop or company can paste all kinds of certificates on the wall , but if the people have no money to patronise it , of what use are the certs ? To look good ? Didn't a five star  Goodwork park hotel have enough food hygiene certs of their F and B staff ?l Look at the hundreds of food poising cases ...the joke is their staff are sent for retraining ....

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:48 PM, cycle25 said:

You should check out the existing thread:

Tks cycle!

Dear TS/ Guest unemployed

we have all utilised but first of all, pls use the correct term, so that future bw members can easily search for the same thread next time, it is too messy with so many similar contents flying in the digital world

I have wrote in to WDA that its website is not user-friendly

We are to ensure that our digital world is friendly too!

Hope that the moderator can close this and not sure why is the tag being tag as bridgeoakcliff?????????

Guest Skeptic

It will be good if people can use this Credit scheme to allay the cost of starting a business or courses that will help in starting a business.  Singapore do not need more employees but businesses, especially for those apsired to work on your own instead of working for other people.  I mean, how long can you work and always remain under the mercy of your bosses?  No amount of future skill funding will prevent you will getting retrenched, unemployed or discriminated at the job market even though you may be master of all trades?

The bottom line problem in Singapore is not about lacking in skills, which I believed there is no lack of Singaporean talent, but lacking the legislation to protect employees from being discriminated at the job market.  It is the employer's mindset change that we need more than all govt funding.

Take for instance, such scenarios occurred regularly in Singapore context.  You are armed with professional qualification in design and have many years of strong experiences.  The company need a designer, so you applied for the job.  Because of your age, color and salary expectation, you were not shortlisted and the company will forgo your skills for someone cheaper, younger and speak their native languages.  Than the govt stepped in, on the notion that you do not have the required skill and give you SGD500 funding to upgrade your skill.  You think it works?  Let's be honest, it happens all the time.  If SGD500 can help you find a job, than why waste time paying high school fees in govt education?

Guest Whip Nae Nae

I want to learn pastries, cupcakes or cookies to sell them online as part of home-based business. 

I want to learn flora arrangement design too, hope to open a small shop selling flora-related items.

Guest small dick

All those courses don't quote fees, don't know how much they charge.  I think they are there to milk the govt grant too.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:48 AM, lovehandle said:

Tks cycle!

Dear TS/ Guest unemployed

we have all utilised but first of all, pls use the correct term, so that future bw members can easily search for the same thread next time, it is too messy with so many similar contents flying in the digital world

I have wrote in to WDA that its website is not user-friendly

We are to ensure that our digital world is friendly too!

Hope that the moderator can close this and not sure why is the tag being tag as bridgeoakcliff?????????

Why should this thread be closed? You started that thread in the members lounge for members, and this thread is meant for members and guests.

55 minutes ago, Guest said:

Why should this thread be closed? You started that thread in the members lounge for members, and this thread is meant for members and guests.

non members can also view my thread...You have not given a thought for the moderators!

1 hour ago, lovehandle said:

non members can also view my thread...You have not given a thought for the moderators!

view, but not post.

yea, let me give a thought to the moderators: Close YOUR thread instead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Really?

Still cannot find any suitable & worthy courses using my SGD500 credit.  Not that I am choosey,  90% of courses are very useless. I mean, what stupid people want to attend courses like stress management, time management,  how to be organised or how to become a better person....etc.  Any streetsmart people also know all those stuff.

Guest Yes Really
7 hours ago, Guest Really? said:

Still cannot find any suitable & worthy courses using my SGD500 credit.  Not that I am choosey,  90% of courses are very useless. I mean, what stupid people want to attend courses like stress management, time management,  how to be organised or how to become a better person....etc.  Any streetsmart people also know all those stuff.

True. All these nonsense courses that you mentioned are useless. However, there are definitely some useful courses depending on which area u are venturing into. For example, culinary, or make up, or fashion design, or hair dressing, or coffee making, or programming or web development. These are the ones that you can use for job seeking. Stress management, time management are nonsense. Anyway you only have $500 budget, so hope you use it carefully and sparingly. Good luck

14 hours ago, Guest Really? said:

You have just said it yourself... any streetsmart, or street-mart/streetwise person will know those stuff you mentioned. And the fact is,  there aren’t that many who are. Thus, it helps that there are courses that can help them cultivate the awareness of where they stand and  help them to cope better.

By the way, the objective of this skillsfuture credit is not to guarantee anyone a successful switch of career, but to give one a positive kick-start to learn/hone/un-learn/re-learn one’s existing and/or potential interest/talent. At the end of the day, we are responsible for our own personal and professional development. 

I hope you will be able to find something of your interest. 

i send feedback about this

1. useless webstite

2.alot ofpeople was con eg take up course but never apply, forget after no practise - (computer course), after complete force to sign up advance stages.

but is still happening now..

The only positive remark i got from friend is "

this old man sign up to learn how to write chinese for texting/message to his prc boy for fun.

fyi...hanyu pin yin - is not easy to learn but he master well then those student in school.

Im currently running a skillsfuture course called Train-the-Trainer (TTT). After being successfully trained, you join a list of associate trainers in the company.

We have several Skillsfuture courses for you to choose from. Base on your past working experience and qualifications, we will help you to start your own training classes with the guidance of your TTT trainer. Our trainers earn 60% commission of whatever the trainees pay. 

TTT costs S$480 (Skillsfuture Credits). For a small 6 person class, the trainer would have earned $1,728 for just that 1 class. While you must follow the syllabus provided by the company, you are free to choose your own style of delivery. Some trainers conduct classes during the weekdays, other do it over the weekends. Some spilt the class into 2 parts. It is up to you to schedule it.

If you are interested, please PM me directly. Im also providing referral fees if you introduce trainees to me!

I have a WSQ approved Diploma in Leadership and People Management for Executives - 8 modules in total  .

Can leverage on Skills Future Credit Claim ($298 to $498 - depends on whether you have Work Fare Letter or not)  

Can received $1000  cash after the 1 month to 3 months(part time basis on weekends) course duration

9am to 6pm . Lunch provided free for attendess

http://www.humanresourcesonline.net/singaporeans-receive-cash-awards-upgrading-skills/

Open book projects /assignments  and group discussions involved.

Good for networking too.

Email to zenwu99@gmail.com for details

3 hours ago, Genesis said:

I have a WSQ approved Diploma in Leadership and People Management for Executives - 8 modules in total  .

Can leverage on Skills Future Credit Claim ($298 to $498 - depends on whether you have Work Fare Letter or not)  

Can received $1000  cash after the 1 month to 3 months(part time basis on weekends) course duration

http://www.humanresourcesonline.net/singaporeans-receive-cash-awards-upgrading-skills/

Good for networking too.

this is exactly the type of useless courses that they were talking about in the above posts. I hope nobody here will waste their $500 on such courses.

Guest Think about it
33 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

this is exactly the type of useless courses that they were talking about in the above posts. I hope nobody here will waste their $500 on such courses.

If people spend $100K in university and still couldn't find a job, I wonder how $500 on short training can secure a better job?  This is to say MOE is not doing a good job and thus WDA has to step in to help the  unemployed.

Guest wondering
3 hours ago, Guest Think about it said:

If people spend $100K in university and still couldn't find a job, I wonder how $500 on short training can secure a better job?  This is to say MOE is not doing a good job and thus WDA has to step in to help the  unemployed.

I take cab often and have met quite a number of Singaporeans who are retrenched in their early 40s.  Some of them used to be engineers or managers. 

If these professionals who have 20+ years of solid experience are asked to leave, what are your chances of getting a similar job if you get a similar degree at the age of say 30+?  You cannot compete in terms of experience with the former.  And you lose out to fresh graduates in terms of pay etc....I just wonder..............

And those courses for the $500 skill future credit.....my toes are laughing......If you are an employer, one candidate tells you he attended a short term course in whichever field you are looking for, will you hire him/her?

$500 cash everyone will spend in jb or bkk, the local industry will not benefit from it and it will not generate additional expenditure / income.......to start with, it should not even be called skill-future credit, it is more like personal enrichment credit, use it to learn something of your interest which may not have any impact on your future career 

15 hours ago, Guest Think about it said:

This.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Practical

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

$500 cash everyone will spend in jb or bkk, the local industry will not benefit from it and it will not generate additional expenditure / income.......to start with, it should not even be called skill-future credit, it is more like personal enrichment credit, use it to learn something of your interest which may not have any impact on your future career 

Than give us another SGD500 NS voucher, with name and IC printed on it and scrap the enrichment credit.  Besides, many small training companies were caught trying to scam people from this skill future credit scheme.

20 hours ago, Genesis said:

Good for networking too.

I trust that the WSQ course u mentioned has been around for sometime

but not all employers wish that workers gone missing for 8 modules esp SmEs

17 hours ago, Guest Think about it said:

Ppl with $100k education cant anyhow do any work la. But those who can upgrade or obtain skill by spending $500 can do any work n easy to get.

Btw anyone here took the English as a third language course here n become an English tutor? Pls advise of the procedure.

Edited by cutejack

for those who wish to know what we have previously shared about skillsfuture, may ref here:

and I m not sure sure why is the title labelled wrongly skills spelt w/o S and then brokeaway from Future
Dump the Future to the front, at one point , I was thinkg is that another new funds that the govt is subsidizing again??

Edited by lovehandle

This is a useful topic for some guys here who may want information about getting some help for upgrading.

Please do NOT hijack it for your personal views about Govt Policies. For that go to those political forums as we say clearly we won't discuss such topics.

I DELETED all those off topic replies.

Now Please get back to topic.

• Guest locked this topic