Male HQ

Social Pressure is Greater As I am Handsome and Fit.

Guest Guest

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

I do not expect you guys will understand what I am going through. You do not feel then pressure as obviously people's expectation of you is lower...

What you are going through is something you have created for yourself. In life, there is such as thing as managing expectations. You manage it. Obviously you are not managing it. Hence, you are whining about it. Like I've said earlier, I get it that looking good requires a lot of time in maintenance.

It is not that other people's expectations of others are lower than yours. Other people manage the expectations better than you. 

Love. 

On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 10:30 PM, Guest Guest said:

I had expected such reaction. This is because you guys lack confidence in yourselves thus the neer to critic me. 

Humans are superficial...the better looking salesman will get more sales. The fitter gym instructir will get more jobs. You guys are lying of yoi do not pay more attention to hunks than then guys like yourselves.

Err.. Usually on grindr or something I'd ignore anyone who has a muscular body pic of themselves.. Shows the possibility of him being narcissistic. So yeah I dont pay attention to "hunks" more than others.

Guest Lonely Wolf
On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 10:58 PM, lonelyglobe said:

99.9% of the content on internet cannot be trusted, unless we have a non make over photo, then we can vote and see if he really got this burden, otherwise is like Saturday night very free and anyhow start a thread :doh:

Or rather, Saturday night very LONELY and need to seek attention.  Life is hard for someone without anyone to talk to.  

3 minutes ago, Guest Lonely Wolf said:

Or rather, Saturday night very LONELY and need to seek attention.  Life is hard for someone without anyone to talk to.  

Actually. It does get pretty lonely. :(

Guest lonely
2 hours ago, lonely57 said:

Err.. Usually on grindr or something I'd ignore anyone who has a muscular body pic of themselves.. Shows the possibility of him being narcissistic. So yeah I dont pay attention to "hunks" more than others.

Guys who show their body usually don't show face and guys who show face usually don't bare body.  This is normal as everyone is "discreet" to cover his imperfections. To me,  a hunk needs not be good looking as this is not a birth right.  He just needs to be in good shape.  

Even celebrities and models have their insecurities and feel pressure. You have to learn to deal with it INSIDE. It's your mind and your attitude that defines you, although looks play a part. I think you are used to external validation to bolster your self esteem. You need to be able to generate it on your own. 

Guest Guest
7 hours ago, Kibakun said:

Even celebrities and models have their insecurities and feel pressure. You have to learn to deal with it INSIDE. It's your mind and your attitude that defines you, although looks play a part. I think you are used to external validation to bolster your self esteem. You need to be able to generate it on your own. 

People who disagree do not understand the social pressues we are facing. People do expect more from fit goodlooking people. Like it or not, we are judged everyday based on our looks, how we dressed, how we act....those who say 'they dont judge on looks' are not telling the truth.

Will you buy an insurance policy from a asian guy with blone hair and full of tattoos? Will you see a doctor who wears slippers and smokes? Unless you know them personally and you wont if its first impression.

I create the thread in jest...but thats what I am facing...society should be less judgemental but sadly it aint going to happen soon.

I hope those who 'blast' me do follow what they said and not base a person solely on looks alone 

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

People who disagree do not understand the social pressues we are facing. People do expect more from fit goodlooking people. Like it or not, we are judged everyday based on our looks, how we dressed, how we act....those who say 'they dont judge on looks' are not telling the truth.

Will you buy an insurance policy from a asian guy with blone hair and full of tattoos? Will you see a doctor who wears slippers and smokes? Unless you know them personally and you wont if its first impression.

I create the thread in jest...but thats what I am facing...society should be less judgemental but sadly it aint going to happen soon.

I hope those who 'blast' me do follow what they said and not base a person solely on looks alone 

Of course we all judge. However, I do not think you should let the judgement of a complete stranger dictate your life. I don't think people expect more from good looking people. That is in your head. I have seen good looking people working at Starbucks, in supermarket, delivery boy etc. 

Society is going to be judgemental no matter what. However, the judgements has nothing to do with you. It is from the outside. Who you are on the inside should not let what is on the outside affect you. You are you. If you like to wear purple shirts, by all means wear purple shirts. Just have the confidence to carry it off. 

Love. 

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

if that's the point you were trying to bring across, i can only say that it failed terribly...and those who "blasted" you also were not trying to insinuate what you've just stated as your "hope".

in the real world, things are in context, and there are rightful expectations associated with the context.  so the examples you cited are really poor examples if you were hoping to use them to illustrate your point.

if the context is gay forum/gay app, then the (probably not rightful, but at least "expected") expectations would be that of something rather superficial, unless the person takes the sincere effort to do a decent intro.  in this context, being handsome or good looking can hardly be a legit stressor.  it's a personal choice to decide how one presents himself.

that said though, in the non-sexual context, yes, it would be nice if people could be less judgemental based on outward appearances.

Guest Fuwar
4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I can't understand why you see it as a problem than a blessing.

And I like to beg to differ that fit good-looking people are faced with more pressures. In fact, those without looks faced more pressures to stand out from the crowd because they don't have the natural physical advantage. They need to work hard to overcome the prejudice so as to get noticed.

I suppose all you wanna to do is to be "normal". In which case, just like any professional will tell you, it is easier to dress down than to dress up. Maybe you need to ask why you care so much what other thinks of you. It is a more important question. Because you think those "normal" folks face no pressure. They do.

TS achieved level 999 for shit stirring. Damn zai. Shifu please teach me. 

1) start a thread topic knowing u will get blasted. + make sure in guest mode.

2) voice out that you know u will get blasted and say it was a "test" or "experiment".

3) still stick with the point you get blasted for. 

Oh my holy mother "guest guest" I wish to attain your level of troll-ness! 

Guest Guest

TS is already amusing enough, but there are actually members here who can believe in that Royal Trollness?

If I roll my eyes back any further, I might just be able to see what's behind my head already. :doh:

Guest Abuse him

This thread is started especially for those who need a punching bag to de-stress.  Don't misunderstand me, there are some people who enjoy being abused.  If he can't get it physically,  verbally also can.  

2 hours ago, Guest Abuse him said:

This thread is started especially for those who need a punching bag to de-stress.  Don't misunderstand me, there are some people who enjoy being abused.  If he can't get it physically,  verbally also can.  

bring me the whip and handcuffs. lol

On 16 July, 2016 at 9:57 PM, Guest Guest said:

So many people say I am a good looking fit man. People's expectation of ME is set higher than regular men.

This pressure is difficult as I have to maintain my looks, body, apprearance, work, career etc...everyday i already take 15mins to wash, moisturize my fave in the morning and 20mins at night. I dony have so much time!

Sometimes i feel like telling people to treat me like a regular man. I cannot stand the pressure!

Good looking fit men, how do you handle it?

I know some people will critic this as they are regular guys not a man like I am...but i wan to be like you!

Ppl ard you will say you are gay by the time u reach 30s if you are still single, cos you are fit and good looking and cant be no gf. LOL

15 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

TS is already amusing enough, but there are actually members here who can believe in that Royal Trollness?

If I roll my eyes back any further, I might just be able to see what's behind my head already. :doh:

I can smell u from afar...u are TS!

Guest See too much
On 18/07/2016 at 10:23 PM, doncoin said:

Of course we all judge. However, I do not think you should let the judgement of a complete stranger dictate your life. I don't think people expect more from good looking people. That is in your head. I have seen good looking people working at Starbucks, in supermarket, delivery boy etc. 

Society is going to be judgemental no matter what. However, the judgements has nothing to do with you. It is from the outside. Who you are on the inside should not let what is on the outside affect you. You are you. If you like to wear purple shirts, by all means wear purple shirts. Just have the confidence to carry it off. 

Woah, is that someone's finger preparing your behind for a good pounding in your dp? Man, you do have the confidence to show it and not afraid being judged yourself.

You have a great body and not afraid of the judgemental "tsk tsk tsk wasted lah".

Btw, how was the fun?hehe.

1 hour ago, Guest See too much said:

Woah, is that someone's finger preparing your behind for a good pounding in your dp? Man, you do have the confidence to show it and not afraid being judged yourself.

You have a great body and not afraid of the judgemental "tsk tsk tsk wasted lah".

Like most guys here, I enjoy sex. I find it pleasurable and I have fun. I don't think there is anything embarassing about getting or giving a good pounding. There is really not much to judge to be honest, other than I am getting laid, you're not. 

Love. 

Guest Guest
On ‎19‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:11 AM, Guest Guest said:

On ‎20‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:25 AM, Guest Anti said:

I can smell u from afar...u are TS!

Wrong. Missed target.

blink.gif

haha, very true that the pressure is your choice to make because it's not free. Then you start to compare with other good looking guys and want to be better. The pressure gets worse.

For example, the other guy has good smooth complexion, then you think his smoothness is very plastic looking. You one up him by having a smooth and rosy complexion, then still not enough, must be supple and well moisturized too like baby's bottom, not looking like plastic. Have to spend so much time morning and afternoon taking care of skin like rich tai tai but...damn well worth it when you stand next to him and one up him.

Next have to go spa every week to steam whole body until sweat out toxins. Even aunties there look and admire your skins.

Next, must take care of muscles. Again every morning and night spent exercising. Damn tired still must exercise because if don't feel the ache , it's like not active living. But also damn worth it when wearing those tight sports Tee can see the muscles bulging.

It's really not free to looking good, damn heavy price to pay. But this gay society very competitive. But damn worth it when people treat you very special.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest GQQ said:

haha, very true that the pressure is your choice to make because it's not free. Then you start to compare with other good looking guys and want to be better. The pressure gets worse.

For example, the other guy has good smooth complexion, then you think his smoothness is very plastic looking. You one up him by having a smooth and rosy complexion, then still not enough, must be supple and well moisturized too like baby's bottom, not looking like plastic. Have to spend so much time morning and afternoon taking care of skin like rich tai tai but...damn well worth it when you stand next to him and one up him.

Next have to go spa every week to steam whole body until sweat out toxins. Even aunties there look and admire your skins.

Next, must take care of muscles. Again every morning and night spent exercising. Damn tired still must exercise because if don't feel the ache , it's like not active living. But also damn worth it when wearing those tight sports Tee can see the muscles bulging.

It's really not free to looking good, damn heavy price to pay. But this gay society very competitive. But damn worth it when people treat you very special.

I dont compare myself with other guys as I ak heads and shoulders above them. The funny part is the mass of regular people that place the high expectation on me because i am much better in looks, body and confidence. The lesser good looking people are ok to me but thats a small percentage.

Guest well done
On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 10:23 PM, doncoin said:

You nail him on his head!  

Guest Bla bla bla...
8 hours ago, Guest See too much said:

Wasted? Ladies know how to appreciate good bodies better than men? You straight MTF, jealous butch or real woman? 

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I dont compare myself with other guys as I ak heads and shoulders above them. The funny part is the mass of regular people that place the high expectation on me because i am much better in looks, body and confidence. The lesser good looking people are ok to me but thats a small percentage.

The fact that you are not even aware of the tremendous amount of effort needed to look good means that you are not really good looking.

You just rhetorically throw out the question of high expectations and only want to use it to troll for answers.

If you are really good looking then you certainly are very confident of yourself, those pressures you mentioned are not pressures at all. They are privileges that you earned and you should take them in stride like a fun sport; tough but no big deal and you can show off what you can achieve.

If you feel pressured then You are not good looking. Being good looking is only one part of what you can achieve, not ALL that you can achieve.

Call me narccistic if you will but I think that a successful person usually is also good looking; there's no ugly person, only lazy person. It only takes effort unless you are born deformed really beyond redemption. It's similar to saying there's not fat person only lazy person and it takes some effort to exercise and slim down. If you don't discipline yourself then how can people look up to you to lead them through tougher competitions? You lose the integrity to be a successful leader. That's why those world leaders have image consultants; it's an open secret, ask Margaret Thatcher( watch her documentary), ask George Bush too. Watch the USA elections, see how slick those senators' complexions are. Good looks are sales weapon in this image heavy Internet era.

Of course there are very rare exceptions to this rule, just to close for argument sake.

• 3 months later...
On 7/16/2016 at 9:59 AM, iamziz said:

I am just overly confused everyday. Which Guest Guest is good looking here and which Guest Guest isn't good looking here and which Guest Guest is trying so hard to impress. Can all the Guest Guest guests choose a different nickname because sometimes when they attack each other they are still Guest Guest. 

LOL!  I like to make the same observation...

I think BW would be better served if it required from those who post, or at leas start a thread, to have an alias.

This would rule out so many pussies who are afraid of being identified with an anonymous alias.

4 hours ago, Miko333 said:

its a matter of enjoying what you already have & managing expectations.. 

considering the pressure, it seems your not enjoying the current good look as you need to be better.. too bad for you. 

Having good looks mean they expect us to behave very decently. 

That makes me want to behave very shamelessly in secret to let out lots of steam and sexual needs.

40 minutes ago, Guest Kkll said:

That makes me want to behave very shamelessly in secret to let out lots of steam and sexual needs.

be real, what people want to see to really good looking people are their worst, their imperfections & awkward moments.. thats the reality  :-)

Edited by Miko333

1 hour ago, Guest Kkll said:

This is known as the Halo effect. Goodlooking people are associated with being angelic and perfect. In most movies, the heroes are the goodlooking ones and the villians are the average or ugly looking ones. But we all know in reality, this may be reversed.

On 7/21/2016 at 0:02 AM, Guest Guest said:

Oh... what a collection of nonsense!  You do nothing but compare yourself with other people. 

And don't believe for a second that other people "place the high expectation on me".  If I know a good looking guy I don't "place high expectations on him",  unless he is my BF.

But besides the dumbness of the TS and his thread,  it is positive for everyone to cultivate good looks and fitness. Because it goes hand-in-hand with health.

Not the obsession of spending much time with makeups to have the skin of a baby's ass, but a few minutes to apply a good moisturizer and sun block to the face.  To avoid unnecessary sun exposure, especially at a more advanced age. And it pays off to develop a HABIT of working out with weights, for all the good reasons.

28 minutes ago, jubjub said:

this is such a good read! hahhahahhaha

TS is definitely enjoying the perks of having good looks if not he will just let himself go a long time ago liao.

but i will rather have ur problems...

That, assuming that the good looks claimed by the TS are real...

I find it strange that people have such high expectations of him, and that he feels so "pressured" to maintain his looks.

If you are good looking by nature, you don't take care of your face you will still look good.

Talking about taking care of your face, more doesn't means good. Go research on how Japanese women do it, you might be surprised by how simple and fast it can be and yet they have such flawless skin.

The only point i have to agree with you is that it take time and effort to maintain a nice body. However, I felt that the pressure you felt in terms of the need to have that good body is self enfored. 

doubt you are confident enough, if not you wouldn't have started this thread. You care too much about what others think of you. 

Die la!!!

You should just die then literally I mean it .

Sorry for being rude and mean . You just ask for it.

There are others with so many problems and health issues struggling to live on a day by day basis  with terminal illnesses etc..yet you can't even handle such so called unimportant issue or  pressure .

Very wimpy kid! No sympathies from me . Typical 草莓组 Strawberry generation !

You don't need mollycoddles pls! Go get a life !

Guest Guest lim peh peh says

To add on pls don't forget to put your organs to good use donate them pls!

Seriously what's wrong with this youngsters kids adults nowadays ?

4 hours ago, Guest Guest lim peh peh says said:

To add on pls don't forget to put your organs to good use donate them pls!

Seriously what's wrong with this youngsters kids adults nowadays ?

Good idea!  The beauty of the TS should not go to waste.

I don't know how it is handled in SG, but in other places he can put himself on a list of organ donors.

Today they do even face transplants, so if something happens to the TS, he can make some needy recipient happy with his face :)

• Guest locked this topic