Male HQ

How to build body size?

Hello! I'm new to this forum or any forum in fact :P I have a small body frame, many people mistake me for a sec school kid :P aunties always call me boy boy or describe me as small :( does anyone know any gym routines that can help me achieve a bigger build? Maybe broader shoulders? Thank you in advance kind souls :) 

I think it is a misnomer to just train one body part in hopes that it can give you an illusion of looking big.

Try to train consistently a week, hitting the major body parts. Make sure, diet is on point too. If you work hard enough, you would be able to see visible results in 3 to 6 months. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have small frame just like you and I managed to add some decent size by doing bench press, dumbell press, squat, deadlift, tbar rows. For shoulders i do a lot of seated presses, lateral raise and extra wide grip tbar row with lighter weight (for rear part of shoulders). Lateral raise really works to widen shoulders and makes it look round but must not use too heavy.

On 08/12/2016 at 9:30 AM, Samsam said:

Hello! I'm new to this forum or any forum in fact :P I have a small body frame, many people mistake me for a sec school kid :P aunties always call me boy boy or describe me as small :( does anyone know any gym routines that can help me achieve a bigger build? Maybe broader shoulders? Thank you in advance kind souls :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23 August 2016 at 9:32 AM, iwearthongs said:

I have small frame just like you and I managed to add some decent size by doing bench press, dumbell press, squat, deadlift, tbar rows. For shoulders i do a lot of seated presses, lateral raise and extra wide grip tbar row with lighter weight (for rear part of shoulders). Lateral raise really works to widen shoulders and makes it look round but must not use too heavy.

I have not managed to add on much so far. Doing what you mentioned above. I just got leaner (more ripped) but not getting bigger. :huh:

perhaps I need to eat more (oredi eating a lot!!)

I think in your situation, must cut down on cardio and eat more frequently. Try 5 or 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones. Maybe change your workout a bit like replace bench presses with dumbells for a few sessions then go back to using barbells or maybe change tbar rowing with more bent over rows. When I make minor adjustment to my workout every few weeks, it always gets results.

17 hours ago, bluerunner said:

I have not managed to add on much so far. Doing what you mentioned above. I just got leaner (more ripped) but not getting bigger. :huh:

perhaps I need to eat more (oredi eating a lot!!)

22 minutes ago, iwearthongs said:

I think in your situation, must cut down on cardio and eat more frequently. Try 5 or 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones. Maybe change your workout a bit like replace bench presses with dumbells for a few sessions then go back to using barbells or maybe change tbar rowing with more bent over rows. When I make minor adjustment to my workout every few weeks, it always gets results.

Thanks for the idea. Will tweak my routine. 

• 4 weeks later...

It is about symmetry and balance. The big mistake many guys make, myself included, is we focused so much on upper body and neglect the legs and butt. So you ended up looking like a frog, big upper body, skinny legs. Think of an hour glass. That is the shape you want to work towards to. Broad shoulders, narrow waist and wide quads. Everything is about proportions. 

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

• 2 months later...

As my personal opinion, you can start with consuming more foods suggested for muscle building. I recommend you edamame. One of the most surprising benefits of edamame might be related to its positive effects on the muscles. This property has the root from its richness of proteins and amino acids. Protein-rich foods are often considered as valuable addition to those who want to build more lean muscle. In addition, amino acids in edamame can help you overcome muscle pain caused by exercise quickly. Thus add it into your meals together with excercise will boost your process faster and more effectively. Hope it could be usseful!

Source: https://wikihomenutrition.com/edamame-health-benefits

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.