Male HQ

The 2016 iPhone 7 and iPhone 7plus

abang

Are you smitten with this new equipment?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/iphone-7-launch-apple-unveils-8789220

Have anyone had problem with the charging port?

My previous Samsung phone had this problem about 15 months of usage.

Really, don't the Airpods look remotely like Spock's ears?

*Spock is a fictional character from Star Trek.

It may take some time to get used to it and the fear of dropping/losing it is greater.

The dual lens may be fun for a while but how many photos are we taking nowadays? So at the end of the day, is this new product worth its salt?

Some initial thoughts,

1. Can't charge and listen to music at the same time unless you buy the new airpods (SGD 238), which will still need to be charged.

2. Their airpods design looks like their earpods, which are a pain to use and uncomfortable, fits some ears, not everyone's, plus the dropping and losing.

3. Glossy black = fingerprints? Anyway most would get a protective cover of sorts, so would the finishing matter that much?

4. Dual lens cam = better for those pervy voyeurs who like to take spy pix on pple in shower/locker/changing rooms.

Unfortunately the dual lens only for bigger model. So ppl like me who prefer smaller size won't get that feature. 

Home screen button is no longer mechanical. Good or bad? Got to try out to find out. 

Apple watch series 2 looks promising! Will definitely consider since it's now waterproof up to 50m and pogo friendly!

Be cool, like a breeze...

I've been seeing negative remarks of the iPhone 7 everywhere on social media regarding it's removal of the 3.5mm audio jack. 
Just don't get how people are acting this way, if it's not up to one's expectations just don't purchase it, needless to mention that most of these comments comes from salty Android users. 

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to check out the new home button alongside with the improved camera.

Regards,

Android User

Yes Apple is really not going to do well with this new product.  It is most evident when they announced that they are NOT revealing the first week sales figure.. much unlike what they used to boast in the past. Anyway to me, mobile phones have, more or less, reached a saturation market.  

Cheaper knockoffs from brands like Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo and Vivo have created much hindrance as Apple is NO longer a status symbol nor a trend setter.  Gone were the days when it makes the owner/holder more ATAS.  

With regards to the missing cords to the headphones, the new Airpod is really NOT that cheap and psychologically, it misses one critical point of anti-social interaction.  That is, when I have ear phones plucked/stuck in my ears, I am in the mood of no-disturbance.  I am in my own world and quite oblivious to the sound around me.  

Another question is "will it fall out easily?".

** Actually come to think of it, Airpod isn't something new.  There used to be those one-sided Bluetooth Headsets in the markets some years ago.  If Airpod is going to be a major success/break-through, it looks like the users in a precinct have become a congregation of secret service agents!

On 8 September 2016 at 7:25 PM, Casper93 said:

I've been seeing negative remarks of the iPhone 7 everywhere on social media regarding it's removal of the 3.5mm audio jack. 
Just don't get how people are acting this way, if it's not up to one's expectations just don't purchase it, needless to mention that most of these comments comes from salty Android users. 

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to check out the new home button alongside with the improved camera.

Regards,

Android User

The 7 plus camera seems like a huge upgrade! Forums are also full of negative comments; people just wanna be heard and paid attention to. Plenty of naysayers around. 

A licensed gay realtor

On 9/10/2016 at 2:24 PM, sayfirst said:

The 7 plus camera seems like a huge upgrade! Forums are also full of negative comments; people just wanna be heard and paid attention to. Plenty of naysayers around. 

Yep plenty of noise makers.

I follow Apple's product launches even though i stopped using iPhones since 4s. I feel the matt black one looks nicer as you will have to put the glossy one in a case. Their new wireless audio technology seems interesting since it's not Bluetooth. Everything else is either incremental change or no change.

I recall someone wrote online that there are less China people talking about selling their kidneys for this new iPhone, but I also think those people who already sold their kidney for earlier iPhone versions wouldn't really have a chance to sell their other kidney since we need at least one to live. Haha.

11 hours ago, jackrezal said:

Yep plenty of noise makers.

I follow Apple's product launches even though i stopped using iPhones since 4s. I feel the matt black one looks nicer as you will have to put the glossy one in a case. Their new wireless audio technology seems interesting since it's not Bluetooth. Everything else is either incremental change or no change.

I recall someone wrote online that there are less China people talking about selling their kidneys for this new iPhone, but I also think those people who already sold their kidney for earlier iPhone versions wouldn't really have a chance to sell their other kidney since we need at least one to live. Haha.

I read that the Airpods use Bluetooth to connect, but there's Apple's proprietary technology to make it work so much smoother than usual. 

A licensed gay realtor

12 minutes ago, sayfirst said:

I read that the Airpods use Bluetooth to connect, but there's Apple's proprietary technology to make it work so much smoother than usual. 

i'm not an iphone user and probably too poor to buy an iphone lol but i'm actually stoked for only the Airpods! can't wait for it to be released. i'd be sure to buy it since it works with other non-apple devices too.

20 minutes ago, sayfirst said:

Thanks for the clarification. Yup I just read up more about it after your post. It's gonna be silky smooth if you exist within the Apple ecosystem but outside it's just another pair of Bluetooth wireless earphones. Would be cool to try it out.

9 minutes ago, water said:

i'm not an iphone user and probably too poor to buy an iphone lol but i'm actually stoked for only the Airpods! can't wait for it to be released. i'd be sure to buy it since it works with other non-apple devices too.

Ooh, do share your review when you get it next month...

14238084_140485183072800_641678675403231

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

14369861_149071308880854_530901622925289

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.