Male HQ

The Sphere Sauna (Closed Down)

Admin

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went there again this evening as I was told last Thu when I first visited the newly opened Sphere that yesterday, today till tomorrow, the entrance fee $10 only, however this has misled some people included me, when asked the counter guys said $18 for this evening, as for $10 applied only till 5pm and thereafter different pricing :swear: Wanna back out after some journey, it might better paid the $18 and that's it.

Luckily met a few nice guys and also at dark maze so the high entrance fee was forgotten

Saw the counter guys were same guys as V-Club.The crowd today was mixed however the younger crowd is in majority. Some similar faces of matured guys from the defunct V-Club were there too.

As there is a number of people, there is long queue for people to take shower as only 2 shower points. The aisle between the lockers is so narrow, once one guy opens its locker, the other need to wait as too cramp. So stupid the design.

I just wonder, how long this Sphere would survive, with the kind of high entrance fee with target the young crowd, it could draw more people to Towel C and 1-7 by paying just a bit higher and you'll get better facilities.

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

Worldangel, since you paid $18, do you think it is value for money compared to all other sauna ?

Does Sphere provide little touches like:

1. soft drink upon arrival

2. complimentary sweets

3. hair gel / hair dryer

4. cotton bud / facial tissue

5. listerine mouth wash

6. adequate mopping, drying and cleaning of general area and rooms

7. adequate ventilation in the dark maze

8. lubricant and condom in room

9. p--n video

10.essential oil in steamroom

11.dimmer in private room

12.unlimited change of towel

Are you looking forward to your 3rd visit ?

Guest Carrot Cake Man

As for me, i wasn't looking forward to any visit at all, the place did not have an overall change from the old V club.

Even though it's new, i can see the paint peeling off and the floor outside the pool is forever dirty.

The cost of the renovation at Sphere I guess about 150k-200k (if you see our own HDB renovation already $30-50,000 on average), so making $10 for membership fee, they need 15,000-20,000 members at least to make a breakeven on cost sink it for renovation. To achieve this 20,000 is impossible for them or even if they achieve, how long it would take, just wait how long it would last this establishment?

Worldangel, since you paid $18, do you think it is value for money compared to all other sauna ?

1. soft drink upon arrival

2. complimentary sweets

3. hair gel / hair dryer

4. cotton bud / facial tissue

5. listerine mouth wash

6. adequate mopping, drying and cleaning of general area and rooms

7. adequate ventilation in the dark maze

8. lubricant and condom in room

9. p--n video

10.essential oil in steamroom

11.dimmer in private room

12.unlimited change of towel

Yeah, some of them were provided and some of them were not. Well, I travelled all the way there without knowing $18, wanted to back out a bit too late, that's why no choice to pay lah.

Next time, maybe I just top up a bit can go to a better one like TC or 1-7.

Whether I would visit for the 3rd time still unsure, got 4D ot Toto next week, I don't mind going there again as I was looking for some former V-Club regulars whom I came to know them.

Anyway, their leaflet saying 24yo and below is free entry on Sunday, those eligible better call first before making a move, maybe entry restricted to certain hrs only.

The cost of the renovation at Sphere I guess about 150k-200k (if you see our own HDB renovation already $30-50,000 on average), so making $10 for membership fee, they need 15,000-20,000 members at least to make a breakeven on cost sink it for renovation. To achieve this 20,000 is impossible for them or even if they achieve, how long it would take, just wait how long it would last this establishment?

It seems that new Sphere is targetting the young crowd and it means to compete with TC and 1-7, IMHO by doing this, they are never able to compete with them in term of facilities.

I am also doubtful, how long this Sphere could survive in business.

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

Was there on Saturday, 01 April 2006 just before 6pm. They waived the membership fee for the first 100 customers which was nice. However, I had to pay $18 which I thought was $10 for the opening special promotion. Guess, was one of those April Fool's Joke.

Saw many staff this time (not a one-man-operation). At least 4-5 of them. Thought it was a bit over-staffed. The staff were in uniform. Common beige coloured T-shirts.

The jacuzzi pool was huge and the water was hot. It has natural lights coming in from the transparent plastic ceilings. Bright during daytime, but get dark when the sun sets. It has a waterfall falling into the pool. Could use it to self-massage sore back muscles. Believe no other sauna here has that feature yet.

The jacuzzi pool was designed such as to minimize water from spilling over. However, the floor outside the jacuzzi and the 2 shower points is always wet (at least during Sphere's business hours). The shower area at level 1 is quite bright. Good for taking a proper shower and be clean before leaving the premise. However, there isn't any partition or door to the 2 shower points. People who are shy have to use the 2 shower cubicles at level 3.

Lockers at the locker area were new. Looked much like those at TC and 17. There were 2 tiny CCTV cameras mounted on one wall at the locker area such that all the lockers are covered by the 2 CCTV cameras. Instead of elastic arm band for the locker key as in other saunas, patrons were made to wear the locker keys like a necklace around the neck. Wonder why they do that? It's getting in the way when you are embracing one another. Saw one guy just wrapped it around his ankle.

More rooms were added at level 2. The area where the locker used to be (at V-Club) has 3 more rooms. These newer rooms have wall mirrors on 3 walls. The mattress is placed on a slightly raised platform. There is a ceiling fan, a toilet roll dispenser and a bin in the room. As one enters the maze area at level 2 (as in the former V-Club), there is the LCD TV hanging on the wall and some sofa-liked seats for people to sit and watch TV (and guys walking into the maze). The arcade games machine is also moved into the maze area. The PC for Internet access is now near the front staircase (the one which connects level 1 & 3) at level 2.

At level 3 the maze is just a maze. Did not see any room as in former V-Club. They partitions were made of metal scaffoldings with thin shit of wooden (or plastic) material fastened to the scaffoldings using cable ties. It's dark in there. Parts of the maze were designed like an orgy area with a few mattresses laid on the floor.

There is a fridge with cold canned drinks at level 3. It's like a little rest area. Patrons were given a drink coupon upon entrance. Could exchange for a can of cold drinks if one of the staff is around at level 3 rest area. Wonder why the little rest area ended up at level 3. Guess they can't find any more space at level 1 for a little cafe area.

Guest George

Went on Saturday around 8pm. No crowd. Mostly average guys around.

Sphere is revamped from V-Club to a modern slick image like 17 & TC. Due to space constraints, it could not match up, but was a good try.

Noted the tight passage between the rolls of lockers, wet corridor outside steam room as shower nearer to steam room has no floor trap to drain off water. Drink area at 3rd storey is warm and not much ventilation with just 1 fridge for drinks.

Plus points - bigger jacuzzi, more rooms, LCD TV.

Check it out and share your observations.

Guest Guest

i dont think it's 150 to 200k .....they retain alot of their stuffs and only build in very little new stuffs.

I would say the make over base on the add on items at most cost less than 80k.

Was there on Saturday, 01 April 2006 just before 6pm. They waived the membership fee for the first 100 customers which was nice. However, I had to pay $18 which I thought was $10 for the opening special promotion. Guess, was one of those April Fool's Joke.

Saw many staff this time (not a one-man-operation). At least 4-5 of them. Thought it was a bit over-staffed. The staff were in uniform. Common beige coloured T-shirts.

The waiver of $10 for the first 100 clienteles was unknown to many on last weekend.

If I noticed, some of young guys manning the counter were the same guys under old V-Club and 1 or 2 of them also relatives of the old owner of V-Club.

Guest Blowing V

Aiyah... give them another half year or more, they will close and change name again so that can get another round of registration fees...

Wonder when are we will learn our lesson from the 'history'?

if you persist in not going, then you will never get to use their facilities, as simple as that.

You make the choice, and you are responsible for it.

There is no use whining all the time that establishment change hands and we have to repay the registration.

So if you chose not to go, then snap out of it, go to TC or One Seven or BH.

My firend went there yesterday. Although only stay for a about 2 hours. but enjoy himself. The new and modern feeling of the place is what basically attract him.

Think it will be his next choice of place to go other then diamond.

Me too go for the environment and the facilities. It's something that will never (or hardly) change from one day to the next. The crowd can be very different from one day to the next. It'll be be a plus if the crowd turns out to be of my taste when I am there. Otherwise, I still get to enjoy the brightly lit jacuzzi pool, shower, steam room and sauna, etc.

Those who went there lately would update whether Sphere Sauna has theme nights? During V-Club, normally Monday is matured nights and Thursday is Chubs Night. Tks

Those who went there lately would update whether Sphere Sauna has theme nights? During V-Club, normally Monday is matured nights and Thursday is Chubs Night. Tks

It has not been officially announced, but heard that "Clear Night" was on last Friday (March 31). However, it was off last Saturday (April 01) when I was there.

It has not been officially announced, but heard that "Clear Night" was on last Friday (March 31). However, it was off last Saturday (April 01) when I was there.

Thanks for update, I intend to drop by next week and I believe it would cheaper on weekday and same time to collect the new membeship card which the counter staff said it should be ready in 2 week's time.

Just tried to surf the defunct V-Club's web and it still available, I don't understand, why the management has never revamped the defunct V-Club's web.

Hi i am reeally interedted to know which health centre provide the services that you hvae listed.

Please let me know. I really like to go there to experience.

This thread is discussing on the newly opened gay sauna named as 'The Sphere', which listed health centres you are refering to?

1. soft drink upon arrival.....

......12.unlimited change of towel

What i mean is this spa which said to have all the things listed.

Guest sphere guy

guy who posted these lists shall answer because he is the only one who knows. Anyway, p--no film allowed to be screened in any pvt or public club meh??

Just found out from other web, the entrance fee for Sphere:

__________>24 yo_______<24 yo____ Opening Hours

Mon-Thu____$12_________$8_________3pm to 11pm

Fri_________$18 ________$10________3pm to next morning

Sat________$18_________$10________3pm to next morning

Sun________$16_________FREE_______3pm to 11pm

today only $10 lah at sphere :thumb: card not ready yet :yuk:

I also dropped by at Sphere just now for 2hrs, quite empty maybe 15-18 paxs. Surprising today paid only $10, they said this month 'April Promotion'. Tomorrow evening considered weekend night actually supposed to be $18, but due to April promotion so only $15.

I had been there too, there were some matured guys from the former V-Club but not so many in comparison to last time.

Managed to talk to counter guy and he said that this new management has nothing to do with Towel Club as previously rumoured, a group of few young people team up to run this new Sphere according to him.

Guest gorgeous

was there on Momday - 17 April 06 at about 6.30pm, I paid $10 dollars for entrance and another $10 for membership card. Claimed that membership card is not ready.. Was i ripped off ???

Guest gorgeous

was there on Momday - 17 April 06 at about 6.30pm, I paid $10 dollars for entrance and another $10 for membership card. Claimed that membership card is not ready.. Was i ripped off ???

Only this month April, every saunagoer would pay $10 only as promotion month. Two weeks ago, it was on Friday I kena paid $18 entrance fee plus $10 joining fee. However 2 weeks ago, when they celebrating the opening of the Sphere, the first 100 guys no need to pay the joining fee .... :swear: My membership card also not ready yet.

seems to be taking forever to issue the card. Singapore run out of plastic ?

I guess their management would only order the plastic card once they have enough members, as bulk order would be cheaper …. Well, just my guessing.

Managed to talk to counter guy and he said that this new management has nothing to do with Towel Club as previously rumoured, a group of few young people team up to run this new Sphere according to him.

I also heard that the mgmt of the Sphere has nothing to do with Towel Club and this new sauna owned by 4 young guys who tried to venture into this kind of business.

They should actually capture the old customers from V-Club to be able to compete in business with other saunas, but it looks like they are trying to attract other customers from younger age group.

I was there on Monday and the guy at the reception told me the delay was due to alot of membership application and they are taking longer time to process them. Anyway, the crowd on that night was really thin and I saw quite a number of ex V clubbers. The steamroom has that awful urine smell again and I was surprised to find that the drinking counter on the third floor is gone now. But if u r thristy there is still the water cooler on the 3rd floor. The place just have no "life", so quiet and unexciting. Pity.

one guy.one lifetime

Been there on Thursday evening...abit rush thou so dunno if the crowd got bigger.

Was there ard 5+...entrance fee $10 + $10 for membership. Membership card not ready yet too.

Crowd was like only less than 10 person. Not many chubby guys but more of plump to stocky. Few mature guys there too.

Environment is quite nicely done up.

1st floor.

Except locker area too cramp, dun think they can do anything now since its already done.

Jacuzzi is nice..but not hot enuf...maybe management can look into that. Also, should include a step for people to step into and climb out of the pool as the pool is quite deep.

Steam room same as before.

Shower area only for 2 person...dunno why they do up the partition, if without that i think they can do one more shower head.

Floor still very wet, dunno if anything can be done to keep it dry..

2nd floor.

Once you go up to 2nd floor, the previous smoking area changed to become the internet surfing area with 2 PC. You have to stand using it. Room area is the same but i think they install mirror in the rooms. The rest area has a TV now. The place where the lockers and pcs are now has more rooms.

The washing area is redone also...

3rd floor.

Maze area slightly changed. The sauna is still there but the room before that changed into the cafe area...so weird.

Overall, the place is nice....hope they can consider changing the chub day to other days then Tuesday...improve in the jacuzzi and shower area...

Treat people with respect to earn respect from others.

Guest Guest

Posting this from sphere internet terminal. They had a small that showed the sphere web site at http//www.spherespa.com/ go there it is still under construction.

1st floor.

Except locker area too cramp, dun think they can do anything now since its already done.

Yeah, I also share the same opinion, once someone is opening his locker, the other guys sharing the same row of locker would not be able to stand side be side as the area is too narrow. They should improve the design.

Can't imagine during peak hours, it would be chaotic that area :swear:

For one, i would not put the cafe at the 3rd level.

The ground level, being the nearest to the locker, only have 2 shower head ?

Yeah, you are right, putting up bar counter at 3rd level, they need a man to 'jaga' the counter and most of time, must wait for some times to claim the drink using the voucher as nobody at counter.

Under V-Club, the shower facilities at level 1 were 2 cubicles and 2 common showers and now left 2 shower points and during peak, everyone needed to line up to take shower :swear:

Guest Terry

I also heard that the mgmt of the Sphere has nothing to do with Towel Club and this new sauna owned by 4 young guys who tried to venture into this kind of business.

They should actually capture the old customers from V-Club to be able to compete in business with other saunas, but it looks like they are trying to attract other customers from younger age group.

V Club ceased operation was mainly due to that the lease contract was up and there was a group of interested buyers. There were complaints about unused visit passes from V club. I have talked to the new management and those visit passes are valid until end of june.

The new managment seems like targeting a wider range of crown campared to V club and i think it is good as visitors have more choices right!

Guest Flyer
seems to be taking forever to issue the card. Singapore run out of plastic ?

I have checked with the counter guys and the card is not ready because there was some printing error and thus delayed. They say it will be ready within these few days.

I have checked with the counter guys and the card is not ready because there was some printing error and thus delayed. They say it will be ready within these few days.

The delay for issuing the card was from 2 weeks then to 3 weeks and now it moves to the 4th week delay ...

Anyway, so long the counter staff allows us as member to enter by giving date of birth and name correctly, then it should not be a problem .... unless they ask for another payment again ... :swear:

V Club ceased operation was mainly due to that the lease contract was up and there was a group of interested buyers. There were complaints about unused visit passes from V club. I have talked to the new management and those visit passes are valid until end of june.

The new managment seems like targeting a wider range of crown campared to V club and i think it is good as visitors have more choices right!

Almost 2-3 months, the defunct V-Club closed down then the former owner of the V-Club (Terry) opened his mouth and commented the reason on the closure of the club and also promised the multi-passes issued by the V-Club still valid to be used for the new Sphere. I remember reading that some of guests here still holding the multi-passes.

Anyway, Terry ..... your web from the defunct V-Club still available, it's time that you delete it, so that no confusion from the internet users searching for gay sauna...... see http://www.vclubcafespa.com/