Male HQ

The Sphere Sauna (Closed Down)

Admin

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any more updates on this spa? Charges & Crowd

I was absent for some days to visit Sphere, but I believe, the management would not increase further the entrance fee as the crowd wasn't so great. The table below was the entrance fee as far as I know ..... :blink: however last month was a promotion months and the entrance fee was $5 only and now back to normal.

__________>24 yo_______<24 yo____ Opening Hours

Mon-Thu____$12_________$8_________3pm to 11pm

Fri_________$18 ________$10________3pm to next morning

Sat________$18_________$10________3pm to next morning

Sun________$16_________FREE_______3pm to 11pm

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

Guest gMoh
Seriously, at $18 if i am around that area, say after clubbing, i would rather park myself at One Seven. anytime else, $12 @ BH seems to be a better bargain.

well, each to his own liking and convenience and maybe luck where could 'hook' with some one to his liking :D

is the membership card ready?

I called the day and the counter staff said the membership still not ready yet, anyway members still able to enter by giving name and DOB.

Just wondering, why the defunct V-Club Spa's web still available and the former owner refused to delete it, it might confuse to those overseas visitors and some local too?

http://www.vclubcafespa.com/

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

any update on this sauna?

Visited Sphere just now and the latest update, the membership card is ready for collection but not sure whether everyone or only the first batch. Today entrance fee was $15 and the crowd was very thin and today the premise was so bright as they lighted up all corners.

Guest saunagoer
Visited Sphere just now and the latest update, the membership card is ready for collection but not sure whether everyone or only the first batch. Today entrance fee was $15 and the crowd was very thin and today the premise was so bright as they lighted up all corners.

Tks for update. I'm going this evening to have a look.

Visited again early this evening and the entrance fee was $12 and the crowd was also quite thin. So far, never heard that this sauna being raid by the police or local Authority (after the report in TNP recently)

I also visited this sauna last night. Noticed that not so many clienteles there, maybe people fear due to TNP report. Anyway, never heard about this sauna being raided by the police.

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

Guest travelman

Last time under V-Club management, Mondays were always the cheapest entrance fee for matured guys, now under the Sphere management, does the policy remain the same? Or?

Last time under V-Club management, Mondays were always the cheapest entrance fee for matured guys, now under the Sphere management, does the policy remain the same? Or?

I am doubtful that the management of Sphere has considered or making the Mondays as 'matured nights' which has the special entrance fees? Just wait and see, when their business doesn't do well, they would re-think on the promotion and other offer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sphere Website

I am doubtful that the management of Sphere has considered or making the Mondays as 'matured nights' which has the special entrance fees? Just wait and see, when their business doesn't do well, they would re-think on the promotion and other offer.

Check out Sphere website for their rates:

Sphere Website

according to their web, guys 24yo and below are free entry on every sunday but it seems not many people on that day? maybe guys also scared for police raid??

according to their web, guys 24yo and below are free entry on every sunday but it seems not many people on that day? maybe guys also scared for police raid??

Visited just now in the evening the Sphere Spa and the crowd was quite thin but a number of young guys. During the rainy days, it was so nice to dip in the hot pool then moved to the steam room but it stank with urine. Anyway, never heard this joint was raided recently.

any promotion lately?

So far never heard of promotion as I visited the Sphere just now and the entrance fee was $15. This evening were not so many guys and mainly were young guys.

Just wondering how this joint could survive in long term?

Guest SphereSpa Promo
any promotion lately?

So far never heard of promotion as I visited the Sphere just now and the entrance fee was $15. This evening were not so many guys and mainly were young guys.

Received a SMS message announcing Sphere Spa promotion from June 19th to June 25th. Members entry will be $6 (Mon - Thu) and $8 (Fri - Sun). Non-member will be $10, inclusive of membership registration.

Received a SMS message announcing Sphere Spa promotion from June 19th to June 25th. Members entry will be $6 (Mon - Thu) and $8 (Fri - Sun). Non-member will be $10, inclusive of membership registration.

Well, I think this is the way to attract saunagoers as the listed entrance fees quite high for some and the joint looks quite empty.

Thanks for the update on promotion as you have the latest info via their SMS. At the time when I joined, they did ask me to give my contact no but declined it.

So, we shouldn't have paid the $10 earlier, as now they had the promotion :angry:

Guest saunagoer
any promotion lately?

:swear: actually not for everyone, only guys who received the nessage

any promotion lately?

Can anyone please confirm? For everyone or just those who received the SMS. Thanks.

Can anyone please confirm? For everyone or just those who received the SMS. Thanks.

Well, it was not updated at their website. And, of course we know since V-Club days, the website has not been up to date. Anyway, you could find their contact number at their website. Don't bother to contact them online (e-mail). Here is the URL:

http://www.spherespa.com

Anyway, the SMS message I received goes like this:

Message from "sphere" Dear customer from 19th of june till 25th all members entry will be $6 from monday to thursday and $8 from friday to sunday, and 4none members will be $10 for the first time with a free membership. Promotion will last 4 one week. See u soon!.

Okay, I'm quoting it character for character (not word for word). It's up to you to interpret the message.

Visited just now because the message in this forum and I paid only $6, but still not many guys there leh ….maybe nobody knows about the promotion. Anyway today due to lowest entrancee fee, no free drink.

[quote name=quest4mnm' date='June 20, 2006 08:39 pm

Anyway, the SMS message I received goes like this:

Message from "sphere" Dear customer from 19th of june till 25th all members entry will be $6 from monday to thursday and $8 from friday to sunday, and 4none members will be $10 for the first time with a free membership. Promotion will last 4 one week. See u soon!.

Okay, I'm quoting it character by character (not word by word). It's up to you to interpret the message.

Thanks all for the info.

Visited just now because the message in this forum and I paid only $6, but still not many guys there leh ….maybe nobody knows about the promotion. Anyway today due to lowest entrancee fee, no free drink.

upon receipt of their sms on announcing this promotion, i went there on tuesday evening and was told that i need to show them the sms...but due to some reasons, i have deleted the sms at the same time.

i argued at the counter with the staff that the sms did not clearly state that

we need to show them the sms. then he asks me for membership card but i told them i dun have as they did not issue to me...i told them i join the free membership during the time when i pay sgd10 per entry with free membership.

then the staff finally asks ' did you give us your contact no?'

then the staff finally give in by saying ' ah ya...only sgd4.00 difference only...dun need to argue la' and let me pay sgd6.00 to go in.

it is not the matter of sgd4.00 difference only but i feel a bit cheated from the way they send the sms to me and demand membership card (knowing that they did not issue to us).

i feel that they deliberately refuse to issue membership card and want ppl to pay

sgd10.00 for membership fee whenever you go... so sickening!!

A friend who visited the place lately told me that he also overheard the argument between a member with the counter staff about the same issue.

The problem with the newly opened sauna is putting an inexperienced guy manning the counter and it made worst when the guy also lacks of PR. Hope their management would read and improve it.

Thought of going yesterday evening. Called up to find out the entrance fee. I was told that $10 before 5pm and after 5pm is $12. No free drinks mentioned. I asked the staff about the promotion and i was told that i need to show them the SMS message in order to enjoy the promotion. :(

I opted for one seven over sphere as i found that the one seven's weekday promotion is worth the value in term of facilities, entrance fee and more guys to choose. :P

I called Sphere on Thursday 22 Jun at around 7pm, and told the guy that I heard from my friend that there is a promotion, but I don't have the sms and I am not a member and I am going tomorrow between 6 to 7 pm, so how much do I need to pay. At first, he said that I need to pay the registration fee and entry fee, but immediately someone on the background speak to him and he immediately change and told me that it will be ok without the sms, I am entitled to the promotion.

Today, I gone down to Sphere and was told that I need to pay registration fee of $10 and entry fee of $15, but I told him I called yesterday and they said is ok without the sms. He said there is no such thing. So I told him forget about it and left for One Seven.

I am a former V Club member and in fact I am willing to pay for the registration fee and entry fee if they have told me I am not entitled to the promotion when I called them, but they told me that I am entitled to the promotion. I felt cheated.

Why do they have to do such tactic?

agreed, the 2 young guys manning the counter a bit rude and probaly they the one who asnwered the phone and gave the wrong info and the boss who sent the messages to customers, no communication and no coordination.

Guest sexiboi

**pardon me if I sound prejudiced.. but let me first state upfront that I have a preference for lean, toned guys. I have nothing against chubs or the more mature crowd. It is just my preference**

My curiosity caught up with me and I decided to go to Sphere to see what it is like for myself. It was my first time tehre and I had no idea what to expect. I paid just $10 for the entry, without having to pay any membership fee whatsoever. It was a pleasant surprise as I was expecting to pay about $20. =} Anyway... YES... the ah beng at theounter is really rather rude. I felt like giving him a real good fxxk if only he'd have the guts to wander into the dark rooms... =P

But the moment I got past the door, my heart really sank and I u-turned immediately and tried to walk out.. but the auto-lock system locked the door *damn!!*.

It was like being in the middle of Chinatown market!!! There was smoking everywhere. And men were talking in cantonese, hokkien, mandarin, blah blah blah loudly right there at the changing area. Most were middle aged (50-60yrs old, out of shape). They paused for a while when they saw me.. which was VERY awkward. I felt eyes ogling and salivating. I felt as though I was being stripped slowly, piece by piece. Eeeks.. just the memory makes my hair stand!!!

After my realisation that I was locked in, I immediately made my way to my locker, which was fortunately right at the end near the wall. The locker area was so small and cramp! But as I stripped, there were a number of old men who kept walking through that narrow locker corridor where I was and somehow, they couldn't stop "accidentally" brushing their hands against my butt!! It was so frustrating! I toweled myself and went to the shower area... only TWO shower points.. both empty... but with about 5-6 guys lingering around to see who's going to shower. SKIP!!!!

I went up the spiral staircase and saw this corridor with MORE old fat men sitting around smoking cigarettes. I felt like I was reliving the opium era! I blindly walked on and pushed aside this black curtain, only to be greeted by more old men watching TV and talking loudly. They stopped when they saw me.. which again, made me feel so awkward. I left and walked on.

Up another flights of stairs. Ended up at some lounge area again, with MORE uncles. And right at the corner, there was a dark room.. a maze of some sort. I made the mistake of wondering inside. I lost my sense of direction quite fast and as I tried to weasel my way out, I felt so many hands groping and reaching out for my nipples and cock.. one guy even tried pulling down my towel to suck.. I felt so many soft tummies and manboobies. :( But finally managed to get out.

I gave up and decided to change back.. all after about 10minutes. But.. err...

On my way down, my eyes caught sight of this cute long haired guy.. lean. and another guy.. youngish with specs. Hee... our eyes met almost immediately and it was instinctive that all three of us made our way to the nearest cubicle. We locked the door and started ripping one another's towels. We got into some major kissing and sucking and rimming before we decided to do some hot fxxking. But there were NO condoms or lube in the room!!! It was quite embarassing that one of us had to go downstairs to collect rubber and lube from the counter boy. And we had to do it TWICE as we ran out of rubber real fast!!! sigh... but it was really great fun.

It was the best 3some I've ever had in a long long while! So.. err.. that was my experience at Sphere. I had a great experience in the end, but I don't think I'll go tehre again...

Guest Lookingood

I agree with sexiboy. When you walk in, there will be so many matured guys sitting around the locker room. I guess some of them have ulterior motive in hanging around that area, while others simply rested their weary bones after several rounds of cruising up and down the 3 levels. It is somewhat embarrassing to "strip" in front of them, but we don't seem to have a choice, rite? My point is, please do not make us feel so uneasy and so "unwelcomed" right after we have "checked in". Give us some leeway to manoevre please.

For the promotion that went by last week, I initially wanted to re-visit the place. But thinking about the crowd which doesn't much appeal to me, the hot humid zones, the cramped cubicles without aircon, the steam room which reeked of urine, the lack of condoms and lubes, etc etc, I decided it's better to give the place a miss. This, even though I had a hot hot session with a cute young bottom during my last visit... which was peeked by a few through the thin glass panel of the cubicle!

Most were middle aged (50-60yrs old, out of shape). They paused for a while when they saw me.. which was VERY awkward.

The way you described, ground floor flooded with matured guy, then you moved to upper level and found more old fat men and finally you saw more uncles at 2nd upper level, what kind of rubbish you uttered here ………….. :swear: This is the Sphere and not the old V-Club’ Mondays Night where matured guys entered with $5 only or Diamond2005. I have been there a few times but never see so many matured guys. If you wanna bluff and bullshit here, do it tactfully ….

Please lah boi ….. just behave yourself when you are in this forum, this is not SgBoy forum. Respect each other.

Guest sexiboi

well gmoh... I did not exaggerate the facts. 90% of the crowd that Saturday night WAS middle aged. And there WAS a huge crowd. Still, I could comfortably count on my two hands the number of guys that were below 40. That was the fact.

I did place the caveat upfront that my posting was not meant to be offensive. It is just my preference. Those who are into older guys are very much encouraged to check Sphere out..

In fact, I'm offended by your pompousness is saying what is right or wrong for this board. AND generalising that I'm the sgboy-crowd. This is a board without attitude.. so pls respect that.

i can only say one man's meat is another's pleasure :P

live and let live...

maybe after sexiboi posting, many mature or chub chaser flocks there?

To sexiboi, i respect your choice, no harm done, however read your posting again, your tone is pretty belittling. by now you should know that there are a good numbers of mature folks here, do spare a thought when you are writing.

remember you WILL definitely grow old one day...

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest Guest01

Guest,for what i know,17 don't have chub and chaser nights,cant find any from their website,TC confirm don't have cos their target is mainly those fit young guys ( not include crowd for FMP ),last time Shogun do have it but seem not successful,i ever stay over nite,don't see much ppl interested in them even is chub and chaser nights,saw afew come & go very fast as they keep walking up & down & get nothing.I dunno now how's the crowd compare to Old V Club & Sphere,those regular still visit often?

Guest Guest01

I don't think any wrong with sexiboi post in the first place, he is just sharing what he seen & his thought in Sphere, we cant say he is telling lies as we all know that even we are regular in that particular sauna but does not mean the crowd we saw are the same as he went that day, maybe his post sound abit offence to most mature uncles here, however no matter what, i always believe that when we read the posts in forum, we can't take things too serious, we are all adult, even sometimes the post really " OUT " but we still need to close one eye & smile, we cant take everything so hard right, even we know is wrong or sound funny, that's life.

Oralb, yes is true that we all will grow old one day, but most younster & teens they don't care & never hear any advice, cos fact is they are really still young, what for they need to care that much & look that far? sad rite? :P

Guest sexiboi

sorry if my earlier posting offended.. but it WAS the truth. I did not embellish it at all!! The impression remained in my head still.. there was a lot of middle aged guys at Sphere, a lot of smoke, and a lot of loud market chatter in all sorts of dialects. Not sure if there are any chubchaser nites there, but I do get the sense that those guys were regulars and they felt very much at ease there. Personally, I think good for them! At least they have a place to relax and just be themselves.

As for growing old.. sure.. we will all grow old. Personally, I want to grow old gracefully. And I'll maintain my health and my looks as best I can. It is all in the mind really. I have had lotsalotsa great fun n sex with guys who are past 40yrs, but they took really good care of themselves and still look OH SO HOT! That's how I plan to be. :whistle:

Guest Guest

sexiboi, we know you're telling the truth and you are trying to be inoffensive.

You need not use words like, "I felt eyes ogling and salivating. I felt as though I was being stripped slowly, piece by piece. Eeeks.. just the memory makes my hair stand!!! " Those words are better used to describe a horror movie. You are in a sauna after all and those things don't happen to you only. It may surprise you to know that we uncles get that same kind of treatment too. What harm is therein? We are not ku niang here so flaunt it if you have it.

You don't have to strip in front of them if you know how to use your towel to wrap yourself up first. Unless you wanted to of course and I'll be the first to complain here that some scrawny kid exposed himself and wanted to seduce me. I felt like calling the police about indecent exposure. Oh right, now you remember it's a sauna.

Learn that words can offend even though there's no intent. Just tell it without adding those personal drama bits and you'll be fine.

Guest Guest
....I felt eyes ogling and salivating. I felt as though I was being stripped slowly, piece by piece. Eeeks.. just the memory makes my hair stand!!! ....

:rolleyes: LOL, ur description 太夸张了吧. U should thank god for giving u a look and bob tat ppl likes. Isnt it great that u know there are many who admire u? To think that there are so many who tried but still cant get as much attention.

Btw, many AJs are damn particular about words or action toward them. I have a good fren who is also AJ. If i were to use 1 single word or action toward him and make him feel tat i embarrass him in the public, when no one around, he will immediately turn round and scold me like hell! I jus came out of the closet around 1yr, but i feel tat AJs are very very 爱面子的. They cannot afford to loose a single bit of face or they will die or die early like tat <_<

Guest Guest
agreed, the 2 young guys manning the counter a bit rude and probaly they the one who asnwered the phone and gave the wrong info and the boss who sent the messages to customers, no communication and no coordination.

Too encountered bad service with the young boy manning the counter yesterday. Hoping to have a good time at Sphere has marred my interest totally piss-off. The young chap was extremely rude and shows no due respect. The manner he behaved as if we are owing them a living. I thot maybe only happened to me so I asked few of my buddies came later and they too experience the same attitude. Well, we about 4 of us have decided to boycot and give Sphere a miss since we are not welcome. There are always somewhere to go and hope that newly to open Shotgun can offer Sphere a run for their money. If Sphere were to remains care-less attitude nonsense, sooner all the patrons will be leaving elsewhere. Let's show of support to pressure Sphere in providing friendly and pleasant service since they are supposely to be customer service provider. One more thing, not too sure whether you guys notice a foul bad smell of towels. It's stink men!!!

Guest gMoh

Too encountered bad service with the young boy manning the counter yesterday. Hoping to have a good time at Sphere has marred my interest totally piss-off. The young chap was extremely rude and shows no due respect. The manner he behaved as if we are owing them a living. I thot maybe only happened to me so I asked few of my buddies came later and they too experience the same attitude. Well, we about 4 of us have decided to boycot and give Sphere a miss since we are not welcome. There are always somewhere to go and hope that newly to open Shotgun can offer Sphere a run for their money. If Sphere were to remains care-less attitude nonsense, sooner all the patrons will be leaving elsewhere. Let's show of support to pressure Sphere in providing friendly and pleasant service since they are supposely to be customer service provider. One more thing, not too sure whether you guys notice a foul bad smell of towels. It's stink men!!!

............ hopefully, the management would read and listen the clienteles's comments and take action to improve their service, already so poor in term of saunagoers and now the young ah abeng manning the counter would drive away all potential customers .......... what's a pity :oops:

............ hopefully, the management would read and listen the clienteles's comments and take action to improve their service, already so poor in term of saunagoers and now the young ah abeng manning the counter would drive away all potential customers .......... what's a pity :oops:

need to send this bloke and all the other poor service givers to SIA for customer service training.

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

need to send this bloke and all the other poor service givers to SIA for customer service training.

You are right, the counter staff should attend that SIA/SQ (Spore Quality) course to improve their image especially if they want to stay in this competitive business.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was at Sphere on eve of National Day, they are slowly improving. The crowd was ok but not crowded. They even have door gift when I went today, although it is just a cute handphone strap. They even have lucky draw at 8pm. The prizes was some discount entry passes and the top prize was a box of bird nest! Too bad I didnt won any prizes <_<

Now they even have syrup water dispensing machine at the corner of the staircase like the old V club used to have. At least now I dont have to drink the water cooler water at 3rd floor :D

Please note that I am not advertising for Sphere but just updating the forum due to someone's request.

Was at Sphere on eve of National Day, they are slowly improving. The crowd was ok but not crowded. They even have door gift when I went today, although it is just a cute handphone strap. They even have lucky draw at 8pm. The prizes was some discount entry passes and the top prize was a box of bird nest! Too bad I didnt won any prizes <_<

Now they even have syrup water dispensing machine at the corner of the staircase like the old V club used to have. At least now I dont have to drink the water cooler water at 3rd floor :D

Please note that I am not advertising for Sphere but just updating the forum due to someone's request.

Well, thanks for the latest update, must make a visit there again. I think some of the matured guys had moved to the Y-Club due to lower entrance fee.

Well, they have to do it to gain the support from saunagoers from the next door Y-Club which offered only $6 entrance fee :oops:

Well, they have to do it to gain the support from saunagoers from the next door Y-Club which offered only $6 entrance fee :oops:

Basically Sphere is not so bad as compare to other establishment in terms of cleaniness. Perhaps, things to improve are the staffs behind the cashier counter for their unsung rude attitudes, changing locker room , more shower rooms and providing free flow of drinks if Sphere wants to attract back the crowds.