Male HQ

PLU getting increasingly "boring"?

Guest Randomthoughts

Guest Randomthoughts

It is true that PUL are getting more and more boring or is it just me?

I find that nowadays, youngsters like myself are difficult to be friends with.

Mostly are just seeking fun/friend with benefits. So hard to find genuine friends to hang out over coffee/lunch, knowing what their true intentions are. Anyone here agrees ?

• G_M changed the title to PLU getting increasingly "boring"?

If you want friends without sexual encounter you can join or create interest line groups like me. I create vegetarian group, jogging group and pokemon line group and all is gay only. I made friends from all these groups and i dont find them boring at all. if anything seems boring, its up to individual to make it interesting. PLU got all the time to make friends while straight need to take care of wife and children so a PLU life is actually much more interesting.

we'll that true to a certain degree. I'm deeply rooted in the arts which as contary to belief is not really appealing to PLU somehow or maybe it's just me. Nobody wants to listen to me explaining artworks and artefacts or find them interesting.

Guest Restless

Old ones more stable than young ones.  Young ones still fresh from milk feeding and very playful.  Old ones been too many wears and cares in life, see things more clearly and serious.

Years of experience can nurture a person's character to be caring, kind and understanding. If you looks for a long term relationship, a person who is not so young and have a stable character is a better choice. You need to firstly know what you want.  If you still want to play a lot, shop a lot, travel a lot and know a lot of new people constantly, you are not ready for a LTR in the first place. 

12 hours ago, Guest Randomthoughts said:

Mostly are just seeking fun/friend with benefits. So hard to find genuine friends to hang out over coffee/lunch, knowing what their true intentions are. Anyone here agrees ?

If you're looking for platonic friendship, you really shouldn't be looking for it in places designed to facilitate hookups. Just saying... 

Dont say PLU.nowadays in spore no genuine frens/ppl.usually with benefits or with intention.this is why, when

i smile at someone they look at me as though im an alien but of course there r good one who u can meet up for coffee n chat if u r not into any preference n expectations. 

I watched tv news few weeks back saying that ppl buy their own festive cards to hang them at home.no one exchange cards nowadays.from there u know the answer.lol

Minority of the sharings by BW are insightful and truthful , not boring@all,

those who copied and pasted from fb or newspp /soc media etc are indeed boring, he treated us as though none of us has a mobile phone

I have always communicated to bw mbrs who needed help (they initiated and requested w qns, nt me), and I have regularly drop them a note even after some time : like - how is it going?

nevermind tt they ignored me ... it is fine, I didn't live in a world to entertain them
buutttttt when they are in need once again, then they seemed to get back to me asking for needs (needs doesn't mean sex har, I have never said sex of any form)
this is RUDE to me and plain boring

I have never choose to be born to make tons of friends, I ONLY need quality ones

There are pp who appear to meet for meal/tea but but.......they started totally ignoring me as I don't look attractive.....

I purposely NOT to install any LINE, as to me all line group eg line group for joggers, for clothings incld undies

isn't that a common group, a human has tons of interests, he wont need that particular group to sustain

why do we need to gather to have the same thing in common like what hannibalism mentioned

hence I find it extremely FUNNY when people in the circle keep asking for LINE, I have NO LINE.....u can sms or watsapp me , those apps are enugh to keep me bz

Cutejk

your sttm and some of the sttms abv applied to straight ones, generally we r not comfy w strangers smiling at us (straight or curved applied)

eg if someone smile at me at a tbahru mkt while I m lunching , I will feel weird too if I really don't know him at all

upon knowing one another better, then maybe can be more relaxed

factors like timing etc play a part too eg during lunch, may need to rush back to wkpl, or there are other colleagues waiting at another table...
too rushy to react

Yes, it s true , I only give festive cards to very closed ones, I tried handcrafted some ugly ones (hope they don't mind) and it s meant for own house décor too

9 hours ago, hannibalism said:

i guess we're boring because we all do the same things, like the same things, i.e. gym, luxury goods, sex. where are the stuff that matters? where are the thinkers and movers and shakers?

3 hours ago, cutejack said:

Dont say PLU.nowadays in spore no genuine frens/ppl.usually with benefits or with intention.this is why, when

i smile at someone they look at me as though im an alien but of course there r good one who u can meet up for coffee n chat if u r not into any preference n expectations. 

I watched tv news few weeks back saying that ppl buy their own festive cards to hang them at home.no one exchange cards nowadays.from there u know the answer.lol

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2016 at 0:00 AM, Guest Randomthoughts said:

i genuinely believe everyone has their own values and morals and goals in their life. that said, yeah not all people on the apps are there to make friends, probably you have come across many more "highly sexually driven" people? i mean its not that they arent interesting, its just that the app is mainly used for hook ups truthfully.

i may be one of the few people who use this app to have conversations with people and make friends. that also doesnt mean im "interesting". its subjective la, depending on what you like lor. some people find sex interesting, some people find gaming interesting, some people find paragliding interesting.  

you see what i mean? :) well thats my 2 cents.

On 18/11/2016 at 0:00 AM, Guest Randomthoughts said:

You do know Marriage in the str8 world is also declining year on year in double digit? heh Any relationship or partnership over time will stay or fail due to factors like commonality and share interests and values. Of course you can choose to stay and make believe all is well in a relationship and deprave yourself of finding contentment with a better situation or you are the party that is hanging on as you have no courage to move on.

It's not what you FIND but what you FEEL that make you think that way possibly.

Like I use to tell some friends of mine, if you want a nice g/f, then best you don't go looking at a clubbing environment. Chances of you finding a nice girl there is really low... for example. And also if you find your first b/f or g/f, are you too quick to settle for it or you can see beyond the attraction of their sexual organ to see if this is more then about sex and that that person is really good for you and you for them?

Hardwork. Every good things to comes to you takes hard work.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 18 November 2016 at 7:19 AM, hannibalism said:

i guess we're boring because we all do the same things, like the same things, i.e. gym, luxury goods, sex. where are the stuff that matters? where are the thinkers and movers and shakers?

Where are the stuff that matters? You just said them, gym luxury goods sex.

I feel like the issue lies with the concept of 'PLU'. Similarities can create common ground for conversations  but hardly makes for insightful and interesting conversation. I know PLUs in this context mean gays in general, but quite often we look out for people who are REALLY like us in terms of socio-economic background, race, status, etc.

Maybe try looking out for People Unlike Us, someone from a different background but maybe with some basic common interests?  You might be surprised by the response and experience of a person who is 'different' from you. And I do encourage you to go beyond talking to only gay men- talk the entire spectrum of people and you may never know you might be connected to even more interesting (gay) people (connections matter)! 

If we stop treating PUUs like poo and give them a chance, it might be possible to get something meaningful out of it :)

Of course, you also have to make the effort to make YOURSELF interesting. Try something you always wanted to do and try something that is out of your character. You might meet interesting people along the way. 

Main point: push boundaries 1) for where/ who you look for conversations 2) for yourself to make yourself a more interesting person 

On 18/11/2016 at 2:04 AM, yoyo74 said:

If you want friends without sexual encounter you can join or create interest line groups like me. I create vegetarian group, jogging group and pokemon line group and all is gay only. I made friends from all these groups and i dont find them boring at all. if anything seems boring, its up to individual to make it interesting. PLU got all the time to make friends while straight need to take care of wife and children so a PLU life is actually much more interesting.

With a photo of a six-pack body like yours, wouldn't it be mistaken easily by some as seeking fun?

Guest Bygone Era

It's not only plu in Sg that are boring; it's the entire generation brought up as zombies but given flattering grades that fool them that they are the world's best. 

Firstly, the faces are so ordinary and plebian even in clubs which makes some of the well groomed and attractive pseudo straight guys look even more gay. Yes, it's the best time for married husbands. 

Then comes the mouth. If there is a no-brainometer, it will set off all the alarm once they open theirs. 

And of course the attitude. Many are so deep into body, money and looks they forget they are dealing with another real human being when it comes to relationship

It is getting very rare to spot an attractive and positive plu specimen these days in Sg and even most of the foreign plus  that come here are really scraping the bottom whereas back then when Nation parties took place; many often bemoan 'so many men so little time.'

Now,  just save the time.  

Why do your good friends have to be PLU? I have good straight friends (both guys and girls) who know that I am gay. I can discuss any topics of interest with them. If you mean intimate topics, then you should not discuss with your friends, even if they are PLU (unless they are comfortable with it). So what are the specific things that you need a PLU friend to do with?

5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

With a photo of a six-pack body like yours, wouldn't it be mistaken easily by some as seeking fun?

I am recruiting people to my jogging group so i need to be seen as fit so that more people will be attracted to my jogging group. Take for an example when there are 2 strangers standing in front of you and you only have time to make one friend before they leave the area. Will you choose an attractive fit guy to make friends or a not so attractive unfit guy to make friends? For me i will definately choose the attractive fit stranger to make friends rather than the not so attractive stranger when we can only make one choice. So its best that i keep maintaining my fitness to increase my chances to make friends and also higher the chance to attract people to my interest group.

On 11/18/2016 at 11:35 AM, jonathan1456 said:

Years of experience can nurture a person's character to be caring, kind and understanding. If you looks for a long term relationship, a person who is not so young and have a stable character is a better choice. You need to firstly know what you want.  If you still want to play a lot, shop a lot, travel a lot and know a lot of new people constantly, you are not ready for a LTR in the first place. 

Disagree, older gay men are still equally as choosy. The ones who aren't, well they usually not attractive anymore and don't really bother. Some still think like a kid and can be really childish too.

1 hour ago, yoyo74 said:

I am recruiting people to my jogging group so i need to be seen as fit so that more people will be attracted to my jogging group. Take for an example when there are 2 strangers standing in front of you and you only have time to make one friend before they leave the area. Will you choose an attractive fit guy to make friends or a not so attractive unfit guy to make friends? For me i will definately choose the attractive fit stranger to make friends rather than the not so attractive stranger when we can only make one choice. So its best that i keep maintaining my fitness to increase my chances to make friends and also higher the chance to attract people to my interest group.

That's really superficial.

Guest jus bitchy

well

frankly, the younger generation of PLU locally are getting there... super superficially & complacent

and looking at those pictures posted in several websites of the Singaporean guys, there is NO standard at all, compare to other Asian countires!

these guys just get posted because either of their youth or their fit bodies.... most of the time, they don't even have the face to match!

c'mon wake up your ideas Singapore guys... i'm not surprise if you don't make it to the world's attractive guys( please note, I didn't put in the word 'Most")

Guest superficial
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

I really have to agree. And I wonder if such friendships have any substance at all.

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

lol superficial is reality and the sooner u realize the reality the sooner u know wat to do

3 hours ago, Guest superficial said:

I really have to agree. And I wonder if such friendships have any substance at all.

Well any friendship will depends on both person personality and a person who had the wisdom of the reality will know how to create substance for friendship. Superficiality is just a helpful way to help jump start a friendship by breaking the ice barrier faster.

4 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

lol superficial is reality and the sooner u realize the reality the sooner u know wat to do

4 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

Well any friendship will depends on both person personality and a person who had the wisdom of the reality will know how to create substance for friendship. Superficiality is just a helpful way to help jump start a friendship by breaking the ice barrier faster.

What's next? Plastic surgery?

Guest Friendships

Maybe you're looking for friends at the wrong places. For me, I can only make friendships with people who are introduced to me by other mutual friends for some reason.

14 hours ago, Guest Tuest said:

What's next? Plastic surgery?

Plastic surgery had a big risk to take and you might become even more ugly if the operations fail. Best is do things that only give benefits with no bad effects. Exercise and have a healthy diet is the best way for the superficial road as there is no bad effect. This way you can gain health, have a lean fit body and in turn have a slim face that look more handsome. When you look nicer and able to attract more people to you and have more friends, you will naturally be much more happier and optimistic. Others will shower you with love and in turn you will know how to love and care for others. With a fit body, other will be amaze by your extra ordinary will power and determination. Other people will look upon you for motivation. With a fit looking body, a great personality and a source of motivation, these are one of few best quality friends you can ever get. All these are the good side effects of the weakness superficial.

• Guest locked this topic