Male HQ

Movie awards season

abang

It is that time of the year for accolades and appreciation.

I have not stepped into a cinema for ages - about 10 years since I slept through Daniel Craig's Quantum of Solace in Japan.  I know, it was terrible but perhaps I was too jaded then.  I depended on DVDs to survive - especially those with director's cut.

Yesterday I was in JB with a bunch of neighbours.  They were there to do their contributions to the Malaysian's domestic economy-getting their beauty and hair fix-up.  As the only single male, I had some 2 hours to roam around.

I did the next best thing besides gluttoning the food there.  I stepped into a cinema to watch LA LA Land.  Yes, it is clique to say I watched it because it just garnered 7 Goilden Globes the day before.  I have read reviews of it and was anticipating the release of the DVD.  The ticket was only RM13 and the mini-cinema had about 100 seats - with only 20 patrons.  

Once the movie started, I was mesmerised by the plot, acting, singing and dancing.  The opening sequence reminded me of West Side Story (circa early 60s) and the rest of the dancing, very vintage Hollywood style.

Emma Stone deserved the Golden Globes thoroughly.  Her little girl's voice fitted perfectly for the role.  She is not that pretty-pretty but she is attractive.  Nothing much to say about Ryan Gosling... he learnt to play the piano for this movie.. His fingering skills proved that his hardwork had paid off.  

Overall, I left the cinema with a very big smile - I had totally enjoyed myself.  To me, La La Land was the most enjoyable event yesterday.

7 hours ago, abang said:

Overall, I left the cinema with a very big smile - I had totally enjoyed myself.  To me, La La Land was the most enjoyable event yesterday.

Wasn't sure I wanted to watch a rewind of Singing in the Rain, but hearing that you enjoyed...ok, time to pop by the cinema!^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic