Male HQ

A Meal Costing $240,000 At RWS

killerwhale

Guest Saving face, Saving Grace

An act of Saving Face can really cost you a lot of money to save face and win business contacts.

Nothing out of the ordinary for the Chinese people

Guest Don't get it

That kind of price can easily get a HDB.  Some people work all their life can never have that kind of savings. *sigh* one night of meal, and there goes the money the world have been struggling for.

Well to each his own..

I am not envious of this group of gourmet cos it is their prerogative and they have the means to eat it.  As for pauper like me, a simple $5 meal at my famous "玛利亚处女鸡“ is enough.

不是每个人能享受丰盛的一餐。。有本事当然好。。

没闲钱的话, 咸鱼花生粥, 皮蛋瘦肉粥也是人间极品。

有幸在上个月带了两个韩国小鲜肉去了一趟吉隆坡。。重找回那失去的古早味。。黄亚华鸡翅。。金莲记的黑色炒面(有猪油炸-油渣的), 冬瓜罗汉果甜品,蜜汁叉烧。。想起来口水都流下来。。便宜又好吃。。

Guest Don't get it
1 hour ago, abang said:

Well to each his own..

I am not envious of this group of gourmet cos it is their prerogative and they have the means to eat i

If they have the means to eat, than why show the bill to the world.  I think the diner is reluctant to pay, but dare not show his displeasure in front of their clients.  Sometimes, it could be the host's clients insisting on wanting expensive meal @ certain restaurant, but the host does not know the eventual price to pay.   I remember when I first came out to work, with not much money, and the staffs wanted to treat a resigned employee, everyone went to a very expensive restaurant and I was shocked, no knowing how much I will have to share the bill.  It was a scary experience when you don't have much pocket money in those days.  Even now,  I wouldn't want to join people on a meal outing, very stressful.  The food might not suit your taste too.

Well not trying to sound anti-social here but there is an "unspoken" rule that each welcome or goodbye gathering should always be within that $20 cap per head.  If someone suggested an rather "atas-ly priced" place, I will find every and any excuse to skip it.. 不要对不起自己的荷包。。要做人情也要量力而为。。

Guest KPoppoh
3 hours ago, abang said:

Well to each his own..

I am not envious of this group of gourmet cos it is their prerogative and they have the means to eat it.  As for pauper like me, a simple $5 meal at my famous "玛利亚处女鸡“ is enough.

不是每个人能享受丰盛的一餐。。有本事当然好。。

没闲钱的话, 咸鱼花生粥, 皮蛋瘦肉粥也是人间极品。

有幸在上个月带了两个韩国小鲜肉去了一趟吉隆坡。。重找回那失去的古早味。。黄亚华鸡翅。。金莲记的黑色炒面(有猪油炸-油渣的), 冬瓜罗汉果甜品,蜜汁叉烧。。想起来口水都流下来。。便宜又好吃。。

嘿嘿,几时改吃起韩国料理了,还韩国双拼套餐呢,不吃西餐了?

Guest 豪大大雞排
1 hour ago, killerwhale said:

From what I have gathered, it's a CNY reunion dinner for 20 Chinese adults.

No more information about these diners but they are not locals.

土豪哥和土豪嫂们?

2eb0_c97becad_5f4a_606f_0af2_4aac1ace5df

p6914482a444831033.jpg

From the news article, the receipt seems to be leaked out by restaurant staff. The diners didn't flaunt it.

And anyway, it's their money. I really don't see why anyone else should feel indignant.

If you have to insist on doing so, then consider how Singapore as a country splurges $$$. All the time and effort, translated into pay and fees, to justify the coming prezzie election. Only to have CCS justify then insist Malays are already over represented in government within the same hour. On the same podium.

9 hours ago, Guest KPoppoh said:

嘿嘿,几时改吃起韩国料理了,还韩国双拼套餐呢,不吃西餐了?

I normally don't want/need to reply to Guest's posting but this remark needs clarification.  (if not, no AMDK will contact me)..

No, I know the father of one of the two Koreans.  The father was the host of my home-stay during one of my learning trips.  I haven't changed my taste and kim-chi just isn't the type of food I would like to "venture"..  Give me AMDK anytime... 

basically, they had 10 special items worth S$168.00 each, they had vintage wines 2 bottles x 50yrs & 2 bottles x year 2000.. and RWS u expect to pay a few hundred to get out..?? please.. don't be so naive

Edited by Zackling

13 hours ago, Zackling said:

basically, they had 10 special items worth S$168.00 each, they had vintage wines 2 bottles x 50yrs & 2 bottles x year 2000.. and RWS u expect to pay a few hundred to get out..?? please.. don't be so naive

Beginning of the year asked for your account to be deleted.

Soon after, come here to make posts after posts. :doh:

service charge collected by hotel normally do not go to the staff, hope the 240k they spent is not black money...Yunnan and London weight, I really don't understand why so many uncles and aunties still willing to buy packages from a few thousand to ten of thousands...of course the boss can easily afford the million dollars lunch but seriously is it really worth it?

Guest So sianz w people here

I wonder why You naïve people are still talking about this fake news! 

Yunan one was dining with Warren Buffet and Getting his advice. The food itself is likely some ordinary American meals! 

I really wonder why we have so many bodoh people at BW! 

On 09/02/2017 at 10:59 AM, abang said:

Well not trying to sound anti-social here but there is an "unspoken" rule that each welcome or goodbye gathering should always be within that $20 cap per head.  If someone suggested an rather "atas-ly priced" place, I will find every and any excuse to skip it.. 不要对不起自己的荷包。。要做人情也要量力而为。。

What a stingy fellow..a farewell lunch should cost less than $20 otherwise you will skip it? I pitty your colleagues 

3 hours ago, Guest So sianz w people here said:

I wonder why You naïve people are still talking about this fake news! 

Yunan one was dining with Warren Buffet and Getting his advice. The food itself is likely some ordinary American meals! 

I really wonder why we have so many bodoh people at BW! 

Of course the meal with Warren Buffet was an ordinary American meal! Warren Buffet was known for his thrift. As to your point on AndyChua went there to ask his advice, you got to be the biggest bodoh to think that he did. You think anyone can get any good advice from Warren over a mere dinner? You think what? Asking Warren if one looks good in red or pink huh?? Walao eh... BODOH SIA! 

15 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Of course the meal with Warren Buffet was an ordinary American meal! Warren Buffet was known for his thrift. As to your point on AndyChua went there to ask his advice, you got to be the biggest bodoh to think that he did. You think anyone can get any good advice from Warren over a mere dinner? You think what? Asking Warren if one looks good in red or pink huh?? Walao eh... BODOH SIA! 

What is this Warren Buffet? What is Saf doing that eat with warren officer need so much money? Is a warren officer's advise cost so much money that buffet can cost as much as a 3 rm flat?

Guest Bodoh lah
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

U think Andy Chua lusted over Warren's body huh to pay so much for a meal w Him! Or may be it is for charity so that he can claim tax deduction? Too bad u can only claim tax deduction for charity done in Singapore w a tax receipt... wonder who is naive and bodoh...

I have my rights to exercise my prudence and thriftiness. 

People come and go at most workplaces.. sometimes within a short 3 months tenure.  IT would not justify a farewell makan session at all. Worst still, it would inevitably end up in some KTV joint.  Who wants to pay more than SGD 50 for someone whom you hardly known?

19 minutes ago, abang said:

I have my rights to exercise my prudence and thriftiness. 

People come and go at most workplaces.. sometimes within a short 3 months tenure.  IT would not justify a farewell makan session at all. Worst still, it would inevitably end up in some KTV joint.  Who wants to pay more than SGD 50 for someone whom you hardly known?

Wow your company org farewell makan session for everyone?? What company you work for? 

7 hours ago, Traveler said:

They probably drank it with ice cubes in the glass.

I wonder if the restaurant passed on the service charge to the staff serving the table?

:lol:

I hope they were connoisseurs, why not?

This being said, drinking red wine at room temperature should be done under moderate climates. With your lovely 35°C, maybe it's preferrable to "cool" the bottles slowly in a room with aircon before opening them. Certainly not with ice cubes, haha! But I am not an expert...

• Guest locked this topic