Male HQ

Training 6 pack abs

Guest Transform

Guest Transform

I somehow feel connected in this forum getting advice from you guys.  Other forums do have similar topics but it's just feel different being here.  It healthy and I realised I don't have to be alone always.  Probably I'm new here.  Even though I'm just a stranger or what you all call me as, "TS".  Maybe you guys can call me BB.

It kinda off topic but thank you guys so much.  I enjoyed the debate where I learned a handful of stuff too.

I am more of a SOP person.  Current problem I have is I don't have a "fix" set of routine.  I just do everything now including Tabata/push up/stationary bike/Brisk walking and trying to eat lesser compared to my normal.  Basically all over the place without any fix reps or time or intensity.

xydboy - you are really good.  I love you and always looking forward to see more of your posts.  The longer the better. Professional.

yoyo74 - Baby thanks so much sia.  Actually I appreciate you sharing how you get your 6 or more packs.  Big hugs!

Love you guys!

8 hours ago, Guest Transform said:

xydboy - you are really good.  I love you and always looking forward to see more of your posts.  The longer the better. Professional.

I really really have to commend @xydboy for his tireless patience in giving fitness advice and encouragement to people here. This section of forum will not be the same without you!!

Guest Transform
2 minutes ago, limpeh said:

I really really have to commend @xydboy for his tireless patience in giving fitness advice and encouragement to people here. This section of forum will not be the same without you!!

I did read about your workout too in another thread.  Impressive bro =)

Just now, Guest Transform said:

I did read about your workout too in another thread.  Impressive bro =)

I actually agree with you that this section of the forum has become a place we can turn to for support. Fitness and health is the best investment we can make for ourselves. Sometimes the going gets difficult, and I think no matter where we are on the fitness journey, having people to egg you on, even digitally, helps a lot. :)

14 hours ago, Guest Transform said:

I somehow feel connected in this forum getting advice from you guys.  Other forums do have similar topics but it's just feel different being here.  It healthy and I realised I don't have to be alone always.  Probably I'm new here.  Even though I'm just a stranger or what you all call me as, "TS".  Maybe you guys can call me BB.

It kinda off topic but thank you guys so much.  I enjoyed the debate where I learned a handful of stuff too.

I am more of a SOP person.  Current problem I have is I don't have a "fix" set of routine.  I just do everything now including Tabata/push up/stationary bike/Brisk walking and trying to eat lesser compared to my normal.  Basically all over the place without any fix reps or time or intensity.

yoyo74 - Baby thanks so much sia.  Actually I appreciate you sharing how you get your 6 or more packs.  Big hugs!

Love you guys!

TS = Thread Starter. I also take some time to know all these short cuts words commonly use in these forums. As for diet eat lesser also must not get hungry or body will get use to it and fat burning will slow down. As for exercise best is keep changing exercises. I have done push up so many times that now its already muscle memory and doing it again effect greatly reduced. I have also a running group for gays only. If u happened to suddenly get interested in group morning weekend runs and to socialize with lots of other guys, u can consider joining my running group. I post date, time and location weekly at the members section in the MGR running thread.

Edited by yoyo74

Guest Transform
3 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

TS = Thread Starter. I also take some time to know all these short cuts words commonly use in these forums. As for diet eat lesser also must not get hungry or body will get use to it and fat burning will slow down. As for exercise best is keep changing exercises. I have done push up so many times that now its already muscle memory and doing it again effect greatly reduced. I have also a running group for gays only. If u happened to suddenly get interested in group morning weekend runs and to socialize with lots of other guys, u can consider joining my running group. I post date, time and location weekly at the members section in the MGR running thread.

Hi yoyo, good morning.

Cool!  MGR stands for?  Aug how many people in yr running group?

On 2/23/2017 at 2:35 PM, Guest Transform said:

Love you guys!

On 2/23/2017 at 10:41 PM, limpeh said:

On 2/23/2017 at 10:48 PM, limpeh said:

I actually agree with you that this section of the forum has become a place we can turn to for support. Fitness and health is the best investment we can make for ourselves. Sometimes the going gets difficult, and I think no matter where we are on the fitness journey, having people to egg you on, even digitally, helps a lot. :)

Thanks for all the compliments that you guys give. Its these that encourage me to push things further and to share more insights with regards to fitness. I feel that I've taken a lot (e.g. internships, bachelors and masters degree, certification in strength and conditioning and personal training) and its rightful that I return the favour to help the society. Furthermore, I always feel that people; regardless rich or poor, should be rightfully educated the right knowledge and equip themselves with the proper skills to keep themselves fit and healthy. When I'm free, I will always pop by to answer questions that I get from my mail box and also the queries made in the forum.Glad that you guys learn a lot. Like I always tell my students, the doors to education will always remain open for as long as the breath stays within me.

As for the reps/sets and intensity, we do have a rule of thumb to follow. Meta-analysis and strong evidence have suggested for muscular strength, hypertrophy, power and endurance. Refer to the diagram for further elaboration. When it comes to repetition maximum, it is referred to as the number of repetitions to failure. I.e. 10RM equals 10 proper repetitions, and you will fail on the 11th repetition. It depends on your goal. If you can do beyond that, it just means the load is too light and you would need to increase intensity. As for the amount of sets, you can hover around 2-3 sets. This is the bare basics, will not go into things like forced repetitions, partial reps, etc. But if you are interested, you can look it up on the net. But for bodyweight exercises, don't really need to be very fanciful. For cardio training, it depends on what your objective of training are. You can play around the intensity. If you are looking for examples of tabata/HIIT (whatever you want to call it), you can refer to any protocol that is found online. You can even download a tabata or a HIIT app on your phone. Just switch the app on and you can do the exercises with it. Timings all are accounted for. 

strength-endurance.jpg

16 hours ago, Guest Transform said:

Hi yoyo, good morning.

Cool!  MGR stands for?  Aug how many people in yr running group?

MGR stands for Man Gone Running from what was told by the running organizer but some people just say it as Many Gay Running lol. There is a lot of people in my group but coming on each session is around 10plus most of the time. All age all race all nationality all fitness are welcome as long as they are gay or bi etc. Below is a link to the thread where i update weekly for the time date location. I always dont like exercise alone and have a need for socialize and this kind of group well suit me.

https://www.blowingwind.io/forum/topic/73498-mgr-running-group/?page=3

Guest Transform
34 minutes ago, xydboy said:

Thanks for all the compliments that you guys give. Its these that encourage me to push things further and to share more insights with regards to fitness. I feel that I've taken a lot (e.g. internships, bachelors and masters degree, certification in strength and conditioning and personal training) and its rightful that I return the favour to help the society. Furthermore, I always feel that people; regardless rich or poor, should be rightfully educated the right knowledge and equip themselves with the proper skills to keep themselves fit and healthy. When I'm free, I will always pop by to answer questions that I get from my mail box and also the queries made in the forum.Glad that you guys learn a lot. Like I always tell my students, the doors to education will always remain open for as long as the breath stays within me.

As for the reps/sets and intensity, we do have a rule of thumb to follow. Meta-analysis and strong evidence have suggested for muscular strength, hypertrophy, power and endurance. Refer to the diagram for further elaboration. When it comes to repetition maximum, it is referred to as the number of repetitions to failure. I.e. 10RM equals 10 proper repetitions, and you will fail on the 11th repetition. It depends on your goal. If you can do beyond that, it just means the load is too light and you would need to increase intensity. As for the amount of sets, you can hover around 2-3 sets. This is the bare basics, will not go into things like forced repetitions, partial reps, etc. But if you are interested, you can look it up on the net. But for bodyweight exercises, don't really need to be very fanciful. For cardio training, it depends on what your objective of training are. You can play around the intensity. If you are looking for examples of tabata/HIIT (whatever you want to call it), you can refer to any protocol that is found online. You can even download a tabata or a HIIT app on your phone. Just switch the app on and you can do the exercises with it. Timings all are accounted for. 

strength-endurance.jpg

Ah...Interesting.  Will look up and read more on this.  Thanks boy =)

Guest Transform
33 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

MGR stands for Man Gone Running from what was told by the running organizer but some people just say it as Many Gay Running lol. There is a lot of people in my group but coming on each session is around 10plus most of the time. All age all race all nationality all fitness are welcome as long as they are gay or bi etc. Below is a link to the thread where i update weekly for the time date location. I always dont like exercise alone and have a need for socialize and this kind of group well suit me.

https://www.blowingwind.io/forum/topic/73498-mgr-running-group/?page=3

I thought you are the starter of this event.  Wow 10+ pax is alot!

2 minutes ago, Guest Transform said:

Ah...Interesting.  Will look up and read more on this.  Thanks boy =)

Just to share more, by right the actual protocol by Dr Izumi tabata (the "founder" of the tabata workout") planned it to be in such a manner (refer to the diagram). It was meant to be done in a the lab through a cycling mode. The typical candidates he used in the study were trained cyclist. However, most people have been using this protocol for all sorts of exercise. By right, the actual intensity was actually 120% VO2max, in other words, it's at an intensity that you feel like dying. If 100% is your max, you would need to give 20% more kind of effort. That's the actual Tabata workout.2014-04-08-tabata.jpg

Guest Transform
25 minutes ago, xydboy said:

Just to share more, by right the actual protocol by Dr Izumi tabata (the "founder" of the tabata workout") planned it to be in such a manner (refer to the diagram). It was meant to be done in a the lab through a cycling mode. The typical candidates he used in the study were trained cyclist. However, most people have been using this protocol for all sorts of exercise. By right, the actual intensity was actually 120% VO2max, in other words, it's at an intensity that you feel like dying. If 100% is your max, you would need to give 20% more kind of effort. That's the actual Tabata workout.2014-04-08-tabata.jpg

Just so happened that I tried using my stationary bike the tabata style last few days.  Really sweat.  Not sure how to measure VO2max but I do have a garmin watch to monitor the heart rate (maybe I'm wrong cause long time no use).

Btw, saw a shop selling 2xU tights at stadium.  The lady told me it some kind of compression  pant for blood circulation.  Boy do you think it is useful or some kind of placebo?  I find it sexy.

58 minutes ago, Guest Transform said:

Just so happened that I tried using my stationary bike the tabata style last few days.  Really sweat.  Not sure how to measure VO2max but I do have a garmin watch to monitor the heart rate (maybe I'm wrong cause long time no use).

Btw, saw a shop selling 2xU tights at stadium.  The lady told me it some kind of compression  pant for blood circulation.  Boy do you think it is useful or some kind of placebo?  I find it sexy.

To measure VO2max, it would not be easy using the garmin watch. Not the best solution but you can also work on it based on your heart rate monitor. Try and hit 90% of your maximal heart rate, go all out effort. That should be sufficient given what you have. As for the tights, studies have shown that it might help with recovery. But the effects vary with the tightness of the material. These tights don't really last long (depending on the material). With a loose elasticity, it might reduce the effects it has on recovery.Refer to the study below for more information on compression tights and recovery.

http://research.stmarys.ac.uk/1322/9/The effects of lower limb compression garment pressure REVISED Nov V1.pdf

5 hours ago, Guest Transform said:

I thought you are the starter of this event.  Wow 10+ pax is alot!

At first i found this running group through friends facebook, later i joined them for around 1 year than suddenly got an idea i could use the running group as a stepping stone to make more aj friends as well as to introduce fitness to more aj members. I talk to the running organizer about it and he agree so i begin recruiting in blowing wind forum aggressively and so far its already been around 1 year effort and i successfully brought lots of people inside. Some come and go while some became regular or occasional runner. There are occasional side events like last year have cycling events, pot luck panic events, movie outing and join shirtless YOLO run event etc. The more people i bring in the more events there is organize by different people. We motivate each other by running together. Any diet or exercise effort will add up to the success of getting 6 pack abs.

On 2/15/2017 at 9:30 PM, Guest Transform said:

15 Feb 2017

Weight : 85.5kg

8:30am

Sardine sandwich.  Apple

12:30pm

Vegetarian stall.  4 vegetables + 70% brown rice

4:00pm

Peanuts x10

7:00pm

Vegetarian stall.  4 vegetables + 70% brown 

8:15pm

Brisk walking.  5km

Remarks

Weigh increase due to Valentine's dinner.  Hard to go for low carb (will try subsitute simple carbo to complex carbo as much as possible).  Saw mum bought food to prepare for dinners.  Probably will just eat whatever she cooks but lesser white rice.  Anyway feeling good =)

This weekends will be tougher as I have events at MBS x 3 full days.  Might not have time to workout.

Jiayou!

You can do it bro. I was there once....2 years ago. I peaked at 95kg. I've dropped to 68kg now but it is still work in progress as those 'baby' fats around the waistline are the most difficult to lose....

Two points..

1. Never stop. Never give up. Weight loss is not an overnight thingy and it doesn't stop when u reached your ideal weight. Its a lifestyle/habit.

2. Its really 80% diet, only 20% percent exercise. 

All the best!

Guest Transform
31 minutes ago, uploader said:

Jiayou!

You can do it bro. I was there once....2 years ago. I peaked at 95kg. I've dropped to 68kg now but it is still work in progress as those 'baby' fats around the waistline are the most difficult to lose....

Two points..

1. Never stop. Never give up. Weight loss is not an overnight thingy and it doesn't stop when u reached your ideal weight. Its a lifestyle/habit.

2. Its really 80% diet, only 20% percent exercise. 

All the best!

Hi bro,

Wow 27kgs...that is so cool!  I gave up on dieting but did not indulge in food like I use to.  Just ate normal now.  I did make an effort to do some workout everyday =)

Do you go gym btw?

Thanks for your encouragement

Nope...i've never gym-ed...if i can say that. Haha. 

When i first started..my only training regime is running. 

When i first started off almost end 2015, i ran 5km everyday..like everyday....for almost 3-4 months.. that i lost to almost 20kg, but it was mostly water retention that i loss. With little rest, i started to burn out and ultimately my weight loss went plateau. I stopped running for 1-2month; literally gave up. 

During that time i still continued to watch my diet though...didn't gain weight but i maintained at 75kg. 

October last year, I started my running regime again, with distance increased to 10km..and occassionally running half marathon leisurely, still i wasn't losing much or fast like i used to. Bear in mind..all this while i completely abstained from rice (high carb/startchy food) except on weekends, when i attend functions or weddings. Being malay is difficult ok...every weekend also got wedding..haha.

Den i made a drastic change, i stopped running and switched to HIIT early this year and my diet i consumed rice for lunch on alternate days....i started losing weight again, noW i weight at 68kg. But in feb, about 2 weeks to complete my HIIT regime, i injured my shoulder..so i am back to running again and also i got a half marathon to train for.

Coincidentally, today i am meeting a friend, a personal trainer at AF. Maybe, i need to try going gym also. My knee is starting to hurt. 

So basically, my journey has been alot about trial and error. Sometimes you found something that works for you, but after awhile, your body will start to adapt and you stop seeing improvement. That is when you need to increase your training intensity or just take a break. most importantly, i am grateful that i met people that willingly gave advise and guide me.

NEVER GIVE UP!

Guest Transform
4 hours ago, uploader said:

Nope...i've never gym-ed...if i can say that. Haha. 

When i first started..my only training regime is running. 

When i first started off almost end 2015, i ran 5km everyday..like everyday....for almost 3-4 months.. that i lost to almost 20kg, but it was mostly water retention that i loss. With little rest, i started to burn out and ultimately my weight loss went plateau. I stopped running for 1-2month; literally gave up. 

During that time i still continued to watch my diet though...didn't gain weight but i maintained at 75kg. 

October last year, I started my running regime again, with distance increased to 10km..and occassionally running half marathon leisurely, still i wasn't losing much or fast like i used to. Bear in mind..all this while i completely abstained from rice (high carb/startchy food) except on weekends, when i attend functions or weddings. Being malay is difficult ok...every weekend also got wedding..haha.

Den i made a drastic change, i stopped running and switched to HIIT early this year and my diet i consumed rice for lunch on alternate days....i started losing weight again, noW i weight at 68kg. But in feb, about 2 weeks to complete my HIIT regime, i injured my shoulder..so i am back to running again and also i got a half marathon to train for.

Coincidentally, today i am meeting a friend, a personal trainer at AF. Maybe, i need to try going gym also. My knee is starting to hurt. 

So basically, my journey has been alot about trial and error. Sometimes you found something that works for you, but after awhile, your body will start to adapt and you stop seeing improvement. That is when you need to increase your training intensity or just take a break. most importantly, i am grateful that i met people that willingly gave advise and guide me.

NEVER GIVE UP!

Me previously also thought of joining AF at woodlands =).  Did see some video on HIIT after a bro mentioned about it here.  Nice.

Btw your weight is really ideal.  Wish I can have the same weight like u.

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest

Lol, not as exaggerated as the fat bloke in the ad, but I have seen muscle guys in the gym who have a relatively larger waistline and a slight belly with well-defined six pack. The 6-pack bulges outwards, rather than being flat against the body. I suspect it's because they have not done enough cardio to burn off the visceral fat. Alternatively, it's too much hypertrophy and not enough lean muscle.

It's not the kind of body I'd work towards. My aim is for the swimmer/gymnast build with a flat six pack and 公狗腰.

I got use those slendertone from AIBI brand before, the feeling is very big contraction to the abs. The problem is after like 2 or 3 months usage the feeling of contraction suddenly changes to electrical current pain. I dont know how to explain that its faulty as you cant see it visually and can only feel it. In the end i did not even bring it to the manufacturer for repair lol. It makes me feel like i got exercise my abs but i still not really sure if it works or not. I still think normal abs exercise is better as normal abs exercise will give you the abs strain for a much longer duration while slendertone only give abs strain the moment you using only.

But for me who already done too much abs exercise that i dont have much abs strain after resting a while, maybe it is called muscle memory as said by others. I think i had already done more than enough abs exercise and the only thing that can make my abs more better looking is to shed more fats from my waist area and it is all about controlling on my dieting.

• 2 years later...
On 6/2/2017 at 3:17 PM, Guest Guest said:

Lol, not as exaggerated as the fat bloke in the ad, but I have seen muscle guys in the gym who have a relatively larger waistline and a slight belly with well-defined six pack. The 6-pack bulges outwards, rather than being flat against the body. I suspect it's because they have not done enough cardio to burn off the visceral fat. Alternatively, it's too much hypertrophy and not enough lean muscle.

It's not the kind of body I'd work towards. My aim is for the swimmer/gymnast build with a flat six pack and 公狗腰.

I guess part of the reason for the bulging six pack is because these guys are not bracing their core (pulling in their navel) when working out. You can check via the arch in the lumbar spine (lower back). If there is gap between the lower back against the floor/bench = core is not braced.  

Over time this pushes their abdominal wall outwards as they continue training, resulting in the bulge. When not working out, it is good habit to always brace the core when standing, walking, sitting or lying down. This gives a flat six pack over time because the abdominal walls are then pulled in instead of bulged out. 

Hope this helps. 

• 2 months later...

Hmm, it's really in your diet. I did intermitent fasting and one meal a day. Went down to 11% fat (post fasting) from about 18% fat. Paired with more running and weight training of course. My abs are really more defined now as my love handles disappear. I still snack and eat what I want within my eating frame and diet.

On 9/2/2020 at 2:27 PM, qsefthu78 said:

Hmm, it's really in your diet. I did intermitent fasting and one meal a day. Went down to 11% fat (post fasting) from about 18% fat. Paired with more running and weight training of course. My abs are really more defined now as my love handles disappear. I still snack and eat what I want within my eating frame and diet.

Wow one meal a day need great determination to maintain and further more u got do lots of exercise. For me i can easily maintain 2 meals a day consistently and carefully choose what i eat although still eat very small amount of junk food.

On 9/2/2020 at 2:27 PM, qsefthu78 said:

Wow what kind of snacks do you eat?

2 hours ago, dragon80 said:

Wow what kind of snacks do you eat?

I still eat potato chips and ice cream during my eating window or with my meals. I think I can be leaner if I don't eat these. Haha.

But main thing is to be really strict with the fasting. It was really tough to beat the hunger at night - I used to snack before I sleep - but once you understand that hunger is really just a conditioned sensation, you will stick to not eating. I drink lots of water now. We do not need to constantly eat 3 meals or when we feel hungry. There are lots of videos out there in YouTube on fasting. With ketosis kicking in and deficit in calories, you burn your fats. Contrary to other views, calorie deficit has little effects on muscle loss. But of course must continue with good intake of proteins during eating window and continue working out. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2020 at 11:59 AM, qsefthu78 said:

I still eat potato chips and ice cream during my eating window or with my meals. I think I can be leaner if I don't eat these. Haha.

But main thing is to be really strict with the fasting. It was really tough to beat the hunger at night - I used to snack before I sleep - but once you understand that hunger is really just a conditioned sensation, you will stick to not eating. I drink lots of water now. We do not need to constantly eat 3 meals or when we feel hungry. There are lots of videos out there in YouTube on fasting. With ketosis kicking in and deficit in calories, you burn your fats. Contrary to other views, calorie deficit has little effects on muscle loss. But of course must continue with good intake of proteins during eating window and continue working out. 

Wa..you eat chips and ice cream and don't get fat. These are two of my favourite snacks and I cant seem to get myself to get lean. Maybe I'm just doing everything wrong..lol

On 12/1/2021 at 11:07 AM, axefactor said:

Wa..you eat chips and ice cream and don't get fat. These are two of my favourite snacks and I cant seem to get myself to get lean. Maybe I'm just doing everything wrong..lol

Well, I compensate by fasting and running. I'm not a mesomorph, so it is very hard work. No shortcuts. 

On 12/1/2021 at 11:19 AM, qsefthu78 said:

Well, I compensate by fasting and running. I'm not a mesomorph, so it is very hard work. No shortcuts. 

Not a mesomorph? you could have fooled me. Then you must be ectomorph. But you are doing great with your physique.

I'm sandwiched between mesomorph and endomorph and a rather screwed up one at that..lol. cos I have a heavy top, lean arms and legs. Maybe it's from years of hard training for swimming.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:07 AM, axefactor said:

I believe everyone can still eat chips and ice cream and still get 6 packs. You just need to control the quantity of junk food you eat. Maybe eat one piece of potato chips per day and just a spoon scoop of ice cream per day etc. Its only those low will power people always lost control and binge on junk food the moment they eat their first piece of chips or first spoon of ice cream. You just need to tell yourself you got above average will power than most people and you will be able to do the controlling part.

On 12/3/2021 at 1:01 AM, yoyo74 said:

I believe everyone can still eat chips and ice cream and still get 6 packs. You just need to control the quantity of junk food you eat. Maybe eat one piece of potato chips per day and just a spoon scoop of ice cream per day etc. Its only those low will power people always lost control and binge on junk food the moment they eat their first piece of chips or first spoon of ice cream. You just need to tell yourself you got above average will power than most people and you will be able to do the controlling part.

That's good advice. Just need to be more in control. I guess not being run due to my knee condition also contributed to the weight gain. But I guess that's just another excuse that I should ignore and focus on other methods of losing losing fats :D

On 12/1/2021 at 11:19 AM, qsefthu78 said:

On 12/1/2021 at 11:41 AM, axefactor said:

Not a mesomorph? you could have fooled me. Then you must be ectomorph. But you are doing great with your physique.

I'm sandwiched between mesomorph and endomorph and a rather screwed up one at that..lol. cos I have a heavy top, lean arms and legs. Maybe it's from years of hard training for swimming.

don’t get too hung up on the labels, nothing is set in stone 

https://www.gq.com/story/body-types-explained-ectomorph-endomorph-mesomorph

On 12/3/2021 at 1:01 AM, yoyo74 said:

Understand how your body works and understand how different kind of food work and know there are a lot of old science concept about food and even workout that has been proven incorrect or outright wrong. And understand all our bodies do not all work exactly the same. So, some tweaking as individual will be involved to make fine tune adjustment.

The nutritional pyramid diagram you have been seeing all over is NOT CORRECT,d shown to be wrong and is in fact what's making people fatter and fatter every year. It's more marketing to sell you things to stuff in your mouth then about helping you to learn what food is healthy or not.

So some leg work online to research, and you find the real answer. Anything good life NEEDS homework and some effort to get the real answer. There is NO SHORTCUT, unfortunately.

ABS are not magic. ABS is not for the lucky one born with good genes.(well, not entirely true). ABS is not something you can only get if you do tons of workout. Everyone have them. Unfortunately, it's covered by fat. Behind the muscle set and in front of it laced with belly fat. Trim down the fats and it will reveal itself even without workout much. But to make it more 'fuller' looking, you do weights in that region to make them more prominent, just like your arm biceps. But if you do not lose that fat enough, it will always be hidden. And that's more about fat management...and you do not need a pill or some specialized paid program in order to help you get it.

To get your body looking healthy and trim or fit it is 60% food you eat and 40% exercise.  If I were to explained it all here, it will take me days of writing. And it will not be appreciated in any case.

But out there on the internet in universities studies, fitness websites ...etc and also use YouTube to seek and watch podcasts to get started. Compare the facts you gather to help you FILTER OUT THE TONS of BS from the truth. You find there are answers there that will show you how to get trimmer and feeling better. Trust me. It takes some mental work to get the ball rolling and keep it rolling. Will you do it? That's your biggest challenge to start you on your way to getting those ABS... and if you do, your overall healthy WILL HAVE ALSO HAVE IMPROVED.

This place is NOT the best place to get the reliable information. Here you will get a mix of real, fake, misleading, unproven and just wrong answers that will confuse you more than help. It will be a good idea but ensure you go outside this thread to draw your own conclusion.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 12/5/2021 at 2:54 PM, upshot said:

Understand how your body works and understand how different kind of food work and know there are a lot of old science concept about food and even workout that has been proven incorrect or outright wrong. And understand all our bodies do not all work exactly the same. So, some tweaking as individual will be involved to make fine tune adjustment.

The nutritional pyramid diagram you have been seeing all over is NOT CORRECT,d shown to be wrong and is in fact what's making people fatter and fatter every year. It's more marketing to sell you things to stuff in your mouth then about helping you to learn what food is healthy or not.

So some leg work online to research, and you find the real answer. Anything good life NEEDS homework and some effort to get the real answer. There is NO SHORTCUT, unfortunately.

ABS are not magic. ABS is not for the lucky one born with good genes.(well, not entirely true). ABS is not something you can only get if you do tons of workout. Everyone have them. Unfortunately, it's covered by fat. Behind the muscle set and in front of it laced with belly fat. Trim down the fats and it will reveal itself even without workout much. But to make it more 'fuller' looking, you do weights in that region to make them more prominent, just like your arm biceps. But if you do not lose that fat enough, it will always be hidden. And that's more about fat management...and you do not need a pill or some specialized paid program in order to help you get it.

To get your body looking healthy and trim or fit it is 60% food you eat and 40% exercise.  If I were to explained it all here, it will take me days of writing. And it will not be appreciated in any case.

But out there on the internet in universities studies, fitness websites ...etc and also use YouTube to seek and watch podcasts to get started. Compare the facts you gather to help you FILTER OUT THE TONS of BS from the truth. You find there are answers there that will show you how to get trimmer and feeling better. Trust me. It takes some mental work to get the ball rolling and keep it rolling. Will you do it? That's your biggest challenge to start you on your way to getting those ABS... and if you do, your overall healthy WILL HAVE ALSO HAVE IMPROVED.

This place is NOT the best place to get the reliable information. Here you will get a mix of real, fake, misleading, unproven and just wrong answers that will confuse you more than help. It will be a good idea but ensure you go outside this thread to draw your own conclusion.

I think you quote on the wrong person or wrong post. My post that you quoted about is talking about how to self control on eating junk food while your post is talking about nutrition which is widely different from my post.

On 12/6/2021 at 1:13 AM, yoyo74 said:

I think you quote on the wrong person or wrong post. My post that you quoted about is talking about how to self control on eating junk food while your post is talking about nutrition which is widely different from my post.

Sorry. Habit of always clicking quote at the last comment when typing too fast hahah..

THIS GOES OUT AS A GENERAL REMARK and NOT DIRECTED directly at anyone's comment.

But on what you said, about eating one chip piece or a spoon of ice cream is sometime like a slippery slope analogy. heheh I know for myself that will not work. Never long term. It's about personality in that sense.

Diet and doing the necessary work is never the problem. It's always about the person and their motivation to stay the course. This can only get easier or better if you know the fundamentals of food and exercise, thereby understand the changes your body goes thorough.

The simple truth is, different people view speed or expectation for physical changes to take place (like dieting or exercise) at varying degrees of patience or impatience. Noticeable physical result plays a part in keeping them going or lose heart. When they do not see the result in the mirror, knowing the science helps and using other means of measurement can help a lot long term. Unfortunately, too much bad marketing and advices skew toward selling you something and promising fast results with vague expression often cause many to start and lose steam short of reaching the goal.

I went from battling diabetes by blindly listening to Doctors and think nothing of it. People in white overcoat and have a stethoscope around the neck and you think, EXPERT and are totally the final word in all things medical. That is totally untrue. Doctors are people too. Good intention or bad, there are a lot of truths, half-truths and untruth in many medical and health related practices and regulations floating about. Profits before human empathy. It's not uncommon.

In my case, they caused me more problem and made my diabetes worse as well as help introduce me to erectile dysfunction from medications side effects among other things. Good for them to sell me more drugs and chalked up more side effect. And then sell you ANOTHER pill for to solve a side effect issue. Rinse and repeat.

Till 3 yrs ago, I took control, did a ton of legwork on-and-offline. Got into learning about various dietary types, experimented till I settled on Keto Diet to control and bring my blood glucose down. Last year with COVID lockdown in full swing, I further re-adapted Keto Diet to be more low fat, low carb and uptake on higher protein intake. Focus on Calorie Deficit. I added light weight resistance training since stuck at home.

In 6 months, I reverse my diabetes to half and now less than half. Got rid of half my expensive medication, and even the doctor had no choice but to agree when he saw my blood work. I am leaner, packed on a denser amount of muscle, cut my fat down and my ABS are beginning to show up. You will go thru many changes, but not all you will see or keep seeing. You can initially see rapid changes, but then the changes will slow. If I show you my older photos I use here over a year ago and you look at my new ID photo which I recently updated, it might surprise you how much I have changed.

That is because some of those changes happen internally and slow. That is what I mean by knowing more information help you stay in focus. You can not build a healthy body in a year. Your body need to adjust to change of food type. It needs to learn to burn Fat more than carb. Your body has to get use to working out if you are all the time leading a sedated lifestyle. It takes times, it takes focus and as we are all not genetically the same, each of us will get there in our own frame. What formula works for me this way might work another way for you to arriving at the same goal.

And there is a limit too as to how much you can grow or get fitter if you are trying to be say a world champion. heheh But in general, to get from poor unhealthy state to medium healthy, it is not that hard and those ABS will show. Those veins on the arms will start to pop. Your frame gets a little firmer and bulkier. Not with fat but with muscle mass. As the fat trims down, the skin gets thinner and reveal more underneath to give you that muscle definition you see on fitter guys. And that is only the start of it.

But as I say. It always takes work to want anything successful. There are NO Shortcuts to get there and to keep it once you do. Your body is a machine. To keep it humming along, you have to put in the work constantly. I am sure all the guys here with a relatively healthy body and tone has put in work to make it happen, and some do it without knowing so. How come? It's their way of life and their personality. Some people love to eat. Some people do not see eating as the most important thing to do. Some already are healthy eaters as they have parents who taught them from young...etc.

It all starts with how you look at food and understand it.  :P

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• 4 months later...
Guest Fitness Feasts

7 days Indian keto diet plan for vegans, a low-carb vegetarian meal plan, which would help to lose weight and keep you healthy as well.

Why do you follow this diet ?

Easy to follow keto diet.

High protein diet to increse your muscle

Keto food list

Keto receips which is easy to cook.

Get know, the best way to follow , 7 days Indian Keto diet plan

• 5 months later...
On 9/21/2022 at 10:44 AM, Guest Wtf said:

specific exercises can develop ab muscles but you will only ever see a six pack by reducing body fat. 

But if you have no ab muscles at all, and you have low body fat then you won’t really have ‘abs’

Edited by Thatguy642

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, begleitung said:

Thought everyone had them, just hidden?

Everyone has a set of abs, just like how everyone has other muscles, but whether you train them or not determines how much they pop out, core strength, etc. Just like how someone who trains arms vs someone who doesn’t train arms (say, biceps) the guy who doesn’t train would still have a little bicep while the guy who works them out will have a bigger bicep.

Just that many people store more fat on the stomach so it’s harder to see abs with more body fat vs other muscles. If there are two people with the same body fat % and one trains abs and uses his core a lot but the other doesn’t, the guy who trains will have way better looking abs!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.