Training 6 pack abs

Guest Transform

Guest Transform

16 Feb 2017

Weight : 84.7kg

8:30am

Sardine sandwich.  Apple

12:30pm

White teochew porridge.  4 vegetables.  Finished all.  Black coffee kosong (taste awful)

7:00pm

Ravioli salmone pasta + lots of cheese.  Garlic bread and coke zero

9:15pm

Brisk walking.  2.5km

Remarks

Eat more but workout lesser than usual.

19 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

I am not forcing people to change to my diet plans i am just making it as a reference to others that they dont need to go to the gym to get 6 pacs if they dont have the time, the money and the energy to go to the gym. I am the standing evidence that my diet plan can get abs and be healthy and that is the main point and also on the topic of 6 pacs abs but u keep insisting must gym as if getting 6 pacs abs must follow your way or will have seriously consequences.

The ketogenic diet means low carbs high fat diet and all who do it most probably doing it differently as there is so many different variety of food. As for allergies, intolerence and medical conditions, one need to study the diet first before they try it. I am sure many of the food in the diet most people had already eaten and is proven to be safe for them. If they seen some food they had not try before than they had to do some research. There are plenty of other replacement food if one food does not work. Even gymming if not done correctly, they will also get seriously injury if they dont follow procedure and are you going to be responsible for them since you insist all to gym? One thing i need to point to you is that nobody is going to be responsible for anything for any reference. Asking me to be responsible for something i share that works for me is the same as someone falls down in the gym and ask you to be responsible for it.

I did not claim any of those to be valid. My point to bring across is that 1) exercise is important, scientific evidence has shown that. If you want to lose weight and if you do not do exercise, then you would be at risk of losing skeletal muscle mass. I can cite you the research article if you want. 2) If you want to lose weight then its about ensure calories check. Regardless keto diet or not. You yourself as an evidence is the weakest form of evidence in accordance to science. it remains questionable if it can be repeated in another person.

Your explanation of ketogenic diet makes me wonder if you really know the essence of ketogenic diet. Most people doing it differently as there are so many different variety of food. Given the simple forms of food as carbohydrates, fats and protein, you seem to suggest that different food is detrimental. But by the very simple blocks of food, how do they differ then? After looking through the arguments and suggestion you made, apologies for being a little blunt but you do seemed rather confused on the term ketogenic diet. Ketogenic diet involves consumption of very high fat amount, ranging from 80-90%, and also low carbs and proteins. By the very token, if you look at your diet, it doesn't reflect any forms of high fat consumption, just simply low carbs. In fact, carbs isn't low enough (less than 20g) and your fats content isn't high enough, to trigger the ketogenic effect. The word keto- in the keto diet is the utilization of fats from diet to induce ketone bodies, and utilize these ketone bodies as energy fuel. I have attached the following links on published literature that talks about ketogenic diet:

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/774424

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1111/j.1528-1157.1998.tb01160.x/asset/j.1528-1157.1998.tb01160.x.pdf;jsessionid=0131CE20C1D8727535B8EF95432ACC95.f01t01?v=1&t=iz8kth24&s=d38fbc239cf837a20a90cb6c56d05633df2a4e53

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2367001/

http://obesity.imedpub.com/benefits-of-ketogenic-diet-for-management-of-type-two-diabetes-a-review.php?aid=14629

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3945587/

As for exercise, I did mentioned that the TS can look for the residential gym instructor to find out more about fitness information. Since when did I force the person to exercise. None of my text insisted the person to gym. My arguments are based in accordance to ACSM health and fitness guidelines. Similarly this is also supported by the local health authorities. I'm not asking you to be responsible for the outcomes, but asking you to be more conscious about your own efforts and to post responsibly. In the first place, you got to be sure of what you are saying. Gym and getting injured is not the same as working out and not being effective. Invalid reasoning.

Guest Transform

You guys gave me really good advice from all sides.  Low Carb/gym/tabata, all can make someone slim down and get 6 packs.  One needs to understand his body and see which suits him which is what I'm doing.

I can't take low carb but I am trying to eat lesser carb (e.g. reduced rice by a certain %) or replace with complex carb.  I can't go gym (cause I'm broked) but I'm willing to try resistance and do push up/carry my 5kg dumbells or other alternative.

Sorry guys about what happen.  Let me buy you both coffee once I hit my target.

1 hour ago, xydboy said:

I did not claim any of those to be valid. My point to bring across is that 1) exercise is important, scientific evidence has shown that. If you want to lose weight and if you do not do exercise, then you would be at risk of losing skeletal muscle mass. I can cite you the research article if you want. 2) If you want to lose weight then its about ensure calories check. Regardless keto diet or not. You yourself as an evidence is the weakest form of evidence in accordance to science. it remains questionable if it can be repeated in another person.

Your explanation of ketogenic diet makes me wonder if you really know the essence of ketogenic diet. Most people doing it differently as there are so many different variety of food. Given the simple forms of food as carbohydrates, fats and protein, you seem to suggest that different food is detrimental. But by the very simple blocks of food, how do they differ then? After looking through the arguments and suggestion you made, apologies for being a little blunt but you do seemed rather confused on the term ketogenic diet. Ketogenic diet involves consumption of very high fat amount, ranging from 80-90%, and also low carbs and proteins. By the very token, if you look at your diet, it doesn't reflect any forms of high fat consumption, just simply low carbs. In fact, carbs isn't low enough (less than 20g) and your fats content isn't high enough, to trigger the ketogenic effect. The word keto- in the keto diet is the utilization of fats from diet to induce ketone bodies, and utilize these ketone bodies as energy fuel. I have attached the following links on published literature that talks about ketogenic diet:

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/774424

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1111/j.1528-1157.1998.tb01160.x/asset/j.1528-1157.1998.tb01160.x.pdf;jsessionid=0131CE20C1D8727535B8EF95432ACC95.f01t01?v=1&t=iz8kth24&s=d38fbc239cf837a20a90cb6c56d05633df2a4e53

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2367001/

http://obesity.imedpub.com/benefits-of-ketogenic-diet-for-management-of-type-two-diabetes-a-review.php?aid=14629

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3945587/

As for exercise, I did mentioned that the TS can look for the residential gym instructor to find out more about fitness information. Since when did I force the person to exercise. None of my text insisted the person to gym. My arguments are based in accordance to ACSM health and fitness guidelines. Similarly this is also supported by the local health authorities. I'm not asking you to be responsible for the outcomes, but asking you to be more conscious about your own efforts and to post responsibly. In the first place, you got to be sure of what you are saying. Gym and getting injured is not the same as working out and not being effective. Invalid reasoning.

I never say exercise is not important and as my previous post i also said i do 10 to 15mins of home exercise every weekday. During one of the weekend i also run with my running group for 5km and occasionally organizer will push us to run a few more kms. These amount of time hardly compares to the many hours of gym training most gym goers done but i still have my other priorities. I want more time to rest when i reach home after work at 9pm plus to 10pm, i want to use more time to socialize with other people and i want more time to sleep too. I do not fully follow any guidelines as there are so many people giving different fitness guidelines. I just roughly exercise until i think is enough to be healthy and get a body i want. I have already prioritizes my time and already feel comfortable with it.

To be frank i myself also dont think many can follow my diet plan as it need extremely lots of determination to do it but i still want to put it out so that others can use it for reference and to show my way is one possible way out of so many ways to get abs. Be it diet or exercise, lots of determination still needed to be involved.

As for ketogenic diet, my previous post already stated by its my vegetarian version of ketogenic diet therefore i have made much changes to it to incorporate my vegetarian version. The so call high fat that i am talking about is avocardos and nuts etc. As for the allergic part, i expect those allergic to nuts omit it as this is just common sense. Below is the link to keto diet food list although i did not follow them all due to being vegetarian. I did not even notice the word low protein but i still eat lots of eggs.

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/01/03/Keto-Diet-Food-List-What-to-Eat-and-Avoid

I believe anyone could create their own version according to their likes and dislike but still follow the principle of ketogenic diet. I am just using its core principle of eating low carbs so as body will burn away all the glucose created by it fast so that fat can be quickly burn next. My description may be right or not right but thats how i summerise it out of so many lenghty explanation. How i describe it is not important as it is still the food that i chosen to eat is important and i had shown examples of it in my first post. To add on to the vegetables i eat i had use fruits and nuts to satisfy my hunger and its doing well for me.

To summarise it, i do not expect many to even succeed at my diet plan as the body will need 2 or 3 weeks to get use to this diet plan and these 2 or 3 weeks maybe too hell of a torture for most people. This is just a piece of information for the greatest will power people to even consider about it.

Guest Sport-coholic
12 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

Ok have seen the link and the handicap people inside is different from the point i am saying as they still got at least one hand to gym or exercise. What my point is talking about those fully handicap where they dont have both hands to even exercise or even worse no hands no legs. My point still stays, those who are unable to gym had to choose a proper diet to stay healthy.

Do you really need me to find evidence of a quadriplegic exercising for you to change your mindset?

Edited by Sport-coholic

Guest Transform

17 Feb 2017

Weight : 84.5kg

9:30am

Long creamy puff

Vegetarian food provided by event organiser.  Finished 100%

YTF + 50% rice

8:30pm

2 x eggs at Ya Kun

Remarks

Received some sad news in afternoon.  Tired.  Don't feel like exercising today.....

21 minutes ago, Guest Transform said:

17 Feb 2017

Weight : 84.5kg

9:30am

Long creamy puff

Vegetarian food provided by event organiser.  Finished 100%

YTF + 50% rice

8:30pm

2 x eggs at Ya Kun

Remarks

Received some sad news in afternoon.  Tired.  Don't feel like exercising today.....

Rest well. You need rest to Recovery, which I highly lack  of too.

19 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

I never say exercise is not important and as my previous post i also said i do 10 to 15mins of home exercise every weekday. During one of the weekend i also run with my running group for 5km and occasionally organizer will push us to run a few more kms. These amount of time hardly compares to the many hours of gym training most gym goers done but i still have my other priorities. I want more time to rest when i reach home after work at 9pm plus to 10pm, i want to use more time to socialize with other people and i want more time to sleep too. I do not fully follow any guidelines as there are so many people giving different fitness guidelines. I just roughly exercise until i think is enough to be healthy and get a body i want. I have already prioritizes my time and already feel comfortable with it.

To be frank i myself also dont think many can follow my diet plan as it need extremely lots of determination to do it but i still want to put it out so that others can use it for reference and to show my way is one possible way out of so many ways to get abs. Be it diet or exercise, lots of determination still needed to be involved.

As for ketogenic diet, my previous post already stated by its my vegetarian version of ketogenic diet therefore i have made much changes to it to incorporate my vegetarian version. The so call high fat that i am talking about is avocardos and nuts etc. As for the allergic part, i expect those allergic to nuts omit it as this is just common sense. Below is the link to keto diet food list although i did not follow them all due to being vegetarian. I did not even notice the word low protein but i still eat lots of eggs.

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/01/03/Keto-Diet-Food-List-What-to-Eat-and-Avoid

I believe anyone could create their own version according to their likes and dislike but still follow the principle of ketogenic diet. I am just using its core principle of eating low carbs so as body will burn away all the glucose created by it fast so that fat can be quickly burn next. My description may be right or not right but thats how i summerise it out of so many lenghty explanation. How i describe it is not important as it is still the food that i chosen to eat is important and i had shown examples of it in my first post. To add on to the vegetables i eat i had use fruits and nuts to satisfy my hunger and its doing well for me.

To summarise it, i do not expect many to even succeed at my diet plan as the body will need 2 or 3 weeks to get use to this diet plan and these 2 or 3 weeks maybe too hell of a torture for most people. This is just a piece of information for the greatest will power people to even consider about it.

Circular logic. I never said you said exercise is not important (FYI the duration that you do or the amount of exercise that you do isn't enough to hit the weekly requirement, but that's besides the point). Seriously...I'm starting to wonder if really know the essence of an argument. Furthermore, that principle you are following, isn't the right principle of ketogenic diet. Obviously you fail to understand the basics of ketogenic diet. But yes, please challenge my inputs. You have demonstrated a diet that you follow, go do an analysis on the calories consumed, and also the breakdown of the macro nutrition (carbs, fats and protein). Calculate out the percentages. Show me that your carbs percentages are low (~10-20%). I want to re-establish my point again cause obviously it has been missed. 1) Know what you are writing, 2) Everyone has the right to comment anything. Never once I said what you said was not important, 3) I'm challenging your opinions because they are incorrect to begin with. 4) You yourself cannot be used as an evidence because its not repeatable. So here I am pitting against your opinions that you shared.

You cannot keep flipping pancakes in an argument. Here you said something then after awhile I argue against it, you flip pancakes again and say another. So yes, you are obviously missing the point i'm trying to drive here. I'm not arguing whether people can keep up with your diet or not, I'm arguing the very basic point that your information that you mentioned isn't correct. What is more important is following the exercise guidelines recommended by health authorities. I do not spell out this guidelines, its the health organizations who does. If you do not want to adhere, they also cannot do anything to you. What I mentioned was based on these stated recommendations. But what I'm just trying to drive across earlier is the same thing 1) exercise and diet is important, 2) regardless of any diet, as long as calories is in check, it will work. If you go back to my original argument, I said exercise is more important because most people fail to watch out on those as they are too heavily focused on diet. If you want to lose weight, you got to reduce calories and also increase workout regime because you don't want to lose muscle mass, because its muscle mass that will increase your energy metabolism. Do read my inputs carefully. Never did I mentioned diet isn't important. I mentioned how exercise and diet is equally important. And if you go back further, the argument I had on getting high carbs and not low carbs is because of the high intensity training. You need carbs to drive your efficiency in that. Then you came along to said," Actually my diet plan can be maintain easily by me due to my likes and dislike of food". Seriously, you missed the point. Nobody asked if the diet can be maintained by you or not regardless of your likes and dislikes. From then on, your argument spiraled off tangent.

PS. You ownself want to dig hole in your own argument and jump inside it, I also cannot stop you.

17 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

Do you really need me to find evidence of a quadriplegic exercising for you to change your mindset?

Please do so. It would definitely be useful in enlightening him.

Guest Sport-coholic
On ‎16‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:46 PM, yoyo74 said:

Ok have seen the link and the handicap people inside is different from the point i am saying as they still got at least one hand to gym or exercise. What my point is talking about those fully handicap where they dont have both hands to even exercise or even worse no hands no legs. My point still stays, those who are unable to gym had to choose a proper diet to stay healthy.

19 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

My bad, quadriplegic is not the correct term. Anyway, if you need your time to socialize or sleep, you may skip to 5:00min showing Travis Mills who is a quadruple amputee. Please don't next say that there isn't a gym for people with disabilities in Singapore because there is.

Edited by Sport-coholic

44 minutes ago, Guest Transform said:

Btw,  might if I ask you guys if swimming is good to lose weight or build muscles?

More for losing weight. It helps a little with the fluid resistance but its not going to be significantly different. otherwise swimmers would be just as happy without going gym. But that's not usually the case. All athletes would need to go to the gym. Even Tiger Woods.

23 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

I dont think i need to change my mindset when i already work out a successful formula to get those abs i want and the goal had since been attained and i have been living very healthy for the last 7 years since i changed my diet plan. one wisdom is never change something that is not broken.

6 hours ago, xydboy said:

Circular logic. I never said you said exercise is not important (FYI the duration that you do or the amount of exercise that you do isn't enough to hit the weekly requirement, but that's besides the point). Seriously...I'm starting to wonder if really know the essence of an argument. Furthermore, that principle you are following, isn't the right principle of ketogenic diet. Obviously you fail to understand the basics of ketogenic diet. But yes, please challenge my inputs. You have demonstrated a diet that you follow, go do an analysis on the calories consumed, and also the breakdown of the macro nutrition (carbs, fats and protein). Calculate out the percentages. Show me that your carbs percentages are low (~10-20%). I want to re-establish my point again cause obviously it has been missed. 1) Know what you are writing, 2) Everyone has the right to comment anything. Never once I said what you said was not important, 3) I'm challenging your opinions because they are incorrect to begin with. 4) You yourself cannot be used as an evidence because its not repeatable. So here I am pitting against your opinions that you shared.

I think i already told u my version is my self created vegetarian version of the ketogenic diet so the main principle of the ketogenic diet definately had to be altered partially to suit my vegetarian criteria. I already shown u examples of how i pick and choose my food and its from the ketogenic food list. You keep attacking the main ketogenic diet version which is with meat and try to link with my different version is ridiculous. You say i myself cannot be use as evidence and cannot be repeatable is practically telling me i am different from other human being. I dont believe in the whole wide world i am the only one that is capable of successes in this diet and get abs, i believe others can too just that its not easy and will be a small number that can do it.

Guest Sport-coholic
38 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

I dont think i need to change my mindset when i already work out a successful formula to get those abs i want and the goal had since been attained and i have been living very healthy for the last 7 years since i changed my diet plan. one wisdom is never change something that is not broken.

I don't care about your abs lor. The mindset that I was refering to was your statement that "those who are handicap will also be unable to gym".

15 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

I think i already told u my version is my self created vegetarian version of the ketogenic diet so the main principle of the ketogenic diet definately had to be altered partially to suit my vegetarian criteria. I already shown u examples of how i pick and choose my food and its from the ketogenic food list. You keep attacking the main ketogenic diet version which is with meat and try to link with my different version is ridiculous. You say i myself cannot be use as evidence and cannot be repeatable is practically telling me i am different from other human being. I dont believe in the whole wide world i am the only one that is capable of successes in this diet and get abs, i believe others can too just that its not easy and will be a small number that can do it.

Perfect example of shifting the goal post. What more can I say? Its like saying,"Here is bird's nest, but because I am poor, I'm using agar agar instead. But its still bird's nest because I used flavouring. Even if the compound doesn't contains bird's nest, i still call it bird's nest." If you alter the definition and not adhere to the principle, then why do you still use the term? And in science, its all about "repeatability". Refer to link and picture for level of evidence. I cite published scientific articles which has been done in large sample size, vs your opinion. Oh come on, everyone has an opinion, what makes your case stronger than others? Yours is valid, but so is others. Yet it doesn't make it a strong one in terms of the hierachy of scientific evidence.

Just FYI, people can still create vegetarian keto diet with the main principle being the same: http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/07/05/2-week-vegetarian-keto-diet-plan

hierarchy-of-evidence2.png

Reference:  https://thelogicofscience.com/2016/01/12/the-hierarchy-of-evidence-is-the-studys-design-robust/

Edited by xydboy

Guest Sport-coholic
7 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

Woohoo, going by the logic, I can declare myself a vegan now if I only have one serving of meat a day.

21 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

I don't care about your abs lor. The mindset that I was refering to was your statement that "those who are handicap will also be unable to gym".

This thread title is all about 6 pacs abs, i also dont need to care about your statement if u keep going off topic

15 hours ago, xydboy said:

Perfect example of shifting the goal post. What more can I say? Its like saying,"Here is bird's nest, but because I am poor, I'm using agar agar instead. But its still bird's nest because I used flavouring. Even if the compound doesn't contains bird's nest, i still call it bird's nest." If you alter the definition and not adhere to the principle, then why do you still use the term? And in science, its all about "repeatability". Refer to link and picture for level of evidence. I cite published scientific articles which has been done in large sample size, vs your opinion. Oh come on, everyone has an opinion, what makes your case stronger than others? Yours is valid, but so is others. Yet it doesn't make it a strong one in terms of the hierachy of scientific evidence.

Just FYI, people can still create vegetarian keto diet with the main principle being the same: http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/07/05/2-week-vegetarian-keto-diet-plan

hierarchy-of-evidence2.png

Reference:  https://thelogicofscience.com/2016/01/12/the-hierarchy-of-evidence-is-the-studys-design-robust/

All the arguements is drifting further and further away from my initial focal point that is to to provide a alternative path for a 6 pacs abs.

My alternative path is for people who dont have the time or dont want to waste time on travelling to the gym and the few hours u spend at the gym training. My path is also for people who dont have the financial ability or dont want to spend a lot of money for gym membership and also on those protein powder. My path is also for people who dont have interest for gym training.

You never consider their time commitment, financial commitment, interest and goal setting and insist they can do it when they themself say they cant or dont want to. Your way of pushing your point is not going to work and your point will always be totally invalid, useless and non repeatable for them. You cant force your way in if others refuse to do your way. If you want to give opinions, you should give opinions that will work and in this case an alternative path or solution.

I already have a working solution to getting abs and i believe someone in the world wide who have similar body type, health, commitment and goal setting will be able to repeat what i do. Evidence weak or not does not matter when it works.

Guest Sport-coholic
3 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

This thread title is all about 6 pacs abs, i also dont need to care about your statement if u keep going off topic

For the record, it's yourself who first brought up that handicap will not be able to gym in this thread. If it's wrong, shouldn't it be corrected?

Cited our Paralympics athletes as examples and you said you were refering to those without hands.

Provided you an article and then you said you were refering to those without hands and legs.

Gave you a video link and you said I'm going off topic.

Edited by Sport-coholic

There are many roads to the same destination. Some prefer a scenic route, others may not. To each his own.

But one thing must be said, a veggie diet is not easier because it tends to be higher in carb.

From my personal experience of going from >20% body fat to having abs, I'd say the key is not just cutting calories but body recomposition. Without building some muscle bulk, one cannot get metabolism high enough for abs to show. This requires a lot of protein, which is quite calorific.

20 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

For the record, it's yourself who first brought up that handicap will not be able to gym in this thread. If it's wrong, shouldn't it be corrected?

Cited our Paralympics athletes as examples and you said you were refering to those without hands.

Provided you an article and then you said you were refering to those without hands and legs.

Gave you a video link and you said I'm going off topic.

Ok since you want me to correct the statement than i add in brain damage to make it more correct. I could add in anything to the point where the handicap is practically a living dead if you still want me to correct my statement. I dont have interest in off topic stuff like this and its annoying me people keep nit picking on a few answer and miss the whole objective of abs training.

My main focal point in posting in this thread is to share my successful method of getting abs so that others can take as an reference. I am also interested to see how other people successfully getting abs and their formula to it in terms of which food they eat in the morning, lunch and dinner etc. The exercise they chose to do and the time taken to do it including breaks etc.

OK lets get back to main topic of abs training

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

There are many roads to the same destination. Some prefer a scenic route, others may not. To each his own.

But one thing must be said, a veggie diet is not easier because it tends to be higher in carb.

From my personal experience of going from >20% body fat to having abs, I'd say the key is not just cutting calories but body recomposition. Without building some muscle bulk, one cannot get metabolism high enough for abs to show. This requires a lot of protein, which is quite calorific.

Yes a veggie diet is not easy unless you got a motivation to do it. As for vegetarian tends to be higher carb is due to most of them eating fried mock meat. I myself stay away from most mock meat and fried stuff. I have personally do some research in the internet and check which food is high and which food is low carb and made a low carb vegetarian plan.

At the age of 35 where my metabolism already became very low, i weight around 68kg and i am wearing 33 inches pants. My body fat % at that time is definately past 20% and maybe already hit past 30%.

I suddenly change my diet plan due to some motivation and remove all fried food, all red meat, all junk food, all gas drinks etc and during dinner i would eat so much vegetables that i too full and skip rice which is high carb. So i practically change to a low carb diet plan immediately only leaving carb food for lunch only. All these time i never change my exercise routine. In less than a year i drop 10kg and got back a passing rate on BMI. Maybe i did it in half a year but i never really check at that time. I was so happy when i can at last wear back cloth of 10 years ago. Back to 29 inches pants and luckily i never throw my old cloth away.

With such successes i slack on my diet a little with some junk food like ice cream but when i reach 60kg i quickly go strict again on my diet. For the last few years i maintain at 57kg and body fat % hovering at around 15% keep changing from slacking a little bit than back to strict diet. At 15% body fat i could maintain some visible abs although there is some fats still visible at waist line. Having a lower weight like this i can practically increase my intensity for short duration workout at home.

This low carb diet initially made me sluggish for a few weeks but my will power pull through my short duration exercises at home. After those few weeks of getting use to this diet, the sluggish effect is no more.

Edit: Oops i forgotten i already posted similar things in the first post but never mind, here i also included the effect of my low carb diet to me.

Edited by yoyo74

Guest Transform
On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 0:40 AM, xydboy said:

More for losing weight. It helps a little with the fluid resistance but its not going to be significantly different. otherwise swimmers would be just as happy without going gym. But that's not usually the case. All athletes would need to go to the gym. Even Tiger Woods.

Thanks boy!

Btw do you work full time in the gym?

Guest Transform
4 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

Yes a veggie diet is not easy unless you got a motivation to do it. As for vegetarian tends to be higher carb is due to most of them eating fried mock meat. I myself stay away from most mock meat and fried stuff. I have personally do some research in the internet and check which food is high and which food is low carb and made a low carb vegetarian plan.

At the age of 35 where my metabolism already became very low, i weight around 68kg and i am wearing 33 inches pants. My body fat % at that time is definately past 20% and maybe already hit past 30%.

I suddenly change my diet plan due to some motivation and remove all fried food, all red meat, all junk food, all gas drinks etc and during dinner i would eat so much vegetables that i too full and skip rice which is high carb. So i practically change to a low carb diet plan immediately only leaving carb food for lunch only. All these time i never change my exercise routine. In less than a year i drop 10kg and got back a passing rate on BMI. Maybe i did it in half a year but i never really check at that time. I was so happy when i can at last wear back cloth of 10 years ago. Back to 29 inches pants and luckily i never throw my old cloth away.

With such successes i slack on my diet a little with some junk food like ice cream but when i reach 60kg i quickly go strict again on my diet. For the last few years i maintain at 57kg and body fat % hovering at around 15% keep changing from slacking a little bit than back to strict diet. At 15% body fat i could maintain some visible abs although there is some fats still visible at waist line. Having a lower weight like this i can practically increase my intensity for short duration workout at home.

This low carb diet initially made me sluggish for a few weeks but my will power pull through my short duration exercises at home. After those few weeks of getting use to this diet, the sluggish effect is no more.

Edit: Oops i forgotten i already posted similar things in the first post but never mind, here i also included the effect of my low carb diet to me.

yoyo, what's your motivation? Guess this is the 1st step to get someone to working real hard like you.  10kg is not easy.  Have you taken before and after pics to compare side to side?  You do have beautiful abs.  Like those 6 x Buns with red bean paste =p

16 hours ago, Guest Transform said:

yoyo, what's your motivation? Guess this is the 1st step to get someone to working real hard like you.  10kg is not easy.  Have you taken before and after pics to compare side to side?  You do have beautiful abs.  Like those 6 x Buns with red bean paste =p

The main motivation is vanity lol. When you able to change to a nicer body, your face will also be slimmer and much more handsome and more people will be attracted to you. Your friend might suddenly want to touch you. Your enemy might cry and beg to befriend you. Strangers will want to make friends with you. People will want to be nicer to you. My social circle will be easily expand.

Most important of all is you will become much more healthier once you shed those fats away. All those fat related diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, stroke and others related diseases chance of happening will be reduced a lot.

Being slimmer, i can do a lot of difficult physical abilities. At the weight of 57kg, i can do handstand pushup 30 times before i use up all my strength. I can climb pillar and ropes fast like a monkey. Let all the people around you getting impress and envy at you.

With so much to gain, getting fit with abs has become a necessity for me.

Oh i did not take a before pic cause i look so horrible being fat that i too ashamed to see myself in.

Edited by yoyo74

Guest Sport-coholic
5 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

Being slimmer, i can do a lot of difficult physical abilities. At the weight of 57kg, i can do handstand pushup 30 times before i use up all my strength. 

Wow so fit. Was that in a minute? That'll be a world record then.

On 2/20/2017 at 7:17 AM, Guest Transform said:

Thanks boy!

Btw do you work full time in the gym?

On 2/20/2017 at 7:23 AM, Guest Transform said:

Haven't really studied how muscle actually works but it interesting.

Will be good to develop nice muscle from scratch.

My weight hovered round -1kg to 0kg.

I don't work full time in the gym. Lets just say I am the trainers of trainers. Good to start thinking about muscle development. Muscle growth is important, not just for aesthetics, but also other aspects in life (eg. protein reservoir, metabolism, etc). If you have any questions on muscle growth, feel free to raise any questions. Would be glad to help you in it. After all my masters/phd research specialisation is on muscle growth.

On 2/20/2017 at 2:45 AM, yoyo74 said:

I do want to challenge the notion. Kindly provide your 3 day dietary recall. You can do your own calculation and I will do mine. Would like to see your definition of "low carbs". Based on calculation, you should be consuming 1937 kcal per day to maintain total daily caloric needs. Would love to see how much you are consuming right now.

On 2/19/2017 at 4:34 AM, yoyo74 said:

All the arguements is drifting further and further away from my initial focal point that is to to provide a alternative path for a 6 pacs abs.

My alternative path is for people who dont have the time or dont want to waste time on travelling to the gym and the few hours u spend at the gym training. My path is also for people who dont have the financial ability or dont want to spend a lot of money for gym membership and also on those protein powder. My path is also for people who dont have interest for gym training.

You never consider their time commitment, financial commitment, interest and goal setting and insist they can do it when they themself say they cant or dont want to. Your way of pushing your point is not going to work and your point will always be totally invalid, useless and non repeatable for them. You cant force your way in if others refuse to do your way. If you want to give opinions, you should give opinions that will work and in this case an alternative path or solution.

I already have a working solution to getting abs and i believe someone in the world wide who have similar body type, health, commitment and goal setting will be able to repeat what i do. Evidence weak or not does not matter when it works.

Wow, I'm totally amazed the way you use my arguments for yours. Don't tell me that I never consider their time commitment, financial commitment, interest and goal setting as if you have done them very well. Scroll back to the first page, I don't see you asking anything prior to stating your point. Quoted what you said in your first post,"When i look at your stats i definately know that it is your fat % problem." Since when did you even consider much on what the person said. The person just merely asked from the start," I want to train for my 6 pack abs.  Does doing sit up regularly useful?  Hope to post before and after pics to show the effect.  Can any bros advice me some tips for better results?  Thanks." You assume that the person don't have the financial ability, don't want to spend a lot of money, time travelling, etc.

Further support is given in the TS post,"Yah read about the calories thingy. Really hard especially the diet part. Tried before but just 1 time of indulging in food and that's it.  I can't stop and resist all this temptation.  Most I maintain is only for half a year and back to square one. Lifting probably a problem. Used to spend in gym but it's like going once a week and drag further and lastly came to a stop. Was relieve that it ends. Anyway we can do at home without spending on equipment? Wanna give myself a chance." The motivating force is there but isn't strong. You know that the person struggles in the diet portion with less motivating force yet you still provide your means and you yourself quote, "I am just showing one of the diets which is successful for me to slim down fast and healthy so that others can take me as a reference and not waste time finding diet that wont work." and also,"Yes a veggie diet is not easy unless you got a motivation to do it." In addition,"When one grows older, one will becomes weaker and gyming will become even harder for them...." These arguments is there to suggest that exercise is not the way to go because it's difficult and the diet which you said is the easiest way to go. But then you flipped later on saying that it is not easy unless you got a motivation to do it. You know that the diet part is difficult yet you dish out something which you do (vegetarian diet) and then say it is not easy unless you have motivation. With such flipping of arguments, I am not sure if it is valid in anyway. That was why i said," Hit the gym, increase the workload, and if in doubt, go speak to the resident trainer at the gym. If you do not want to go to the gym, you can workout at home using bodyweight, but that won't bring you far. You eventually will need to head to the gym to increase the stimulus on the muscles for growth." I'm tailoring it to what was asked and of chief concern, which is what can be done at home without spending on equipment. I also mentioned later that,"Push ups is a good start. Most importantly is that you keep increasing the stimulus if you want muscles to grow. Basic principles of training: progression and overload. As for lower calories and low carbs. Low carbs doesn't necessary mean low calories, vice versa. As for abs workout, please don't do crunches or sit ups, it's not going to really work the entire core. Core exercises are beyond the abs, it includes muscles like the back, the obliques, etc. Hence, my reason for heading to the gym because many of these exercises would require the bar." I support it with a rationale and also mentioned that bodyweight exercises like push ups is a good start. 

Just FYI, People aged 70-80 have been doing exercise (legs exercises at 75% of maximal intensity) and they can still maintain strength and muscle mass (done in many populations in Asia and US countries over the years, don't bother questioning it). You are saying yourself as 35 yrs old facing issues? You are not that old you know? You do know that if you were to increase muscle mass, you can actually raise your metabolic rate..Don't put yourself down at such a young age. 

Just to reinstate again, I did not force anyone to do anything. Its based on guidelines. Whether they want to do or not up to them. I never use the authoritative "badge" but you seem to want to play that game. Sure..will be glad to play it with you. :P For a first that someone comes to tell me as an exercise physiologist that my opinions do not work. Questioning my credentials and my years of working with different individuals eh? 

On ‎16‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:36 AM, Guest Transform said:

You guys gave me really good advice from all sides.  Low Carb/gym/tabata, all can make someone slim down and get 6 packs.  One needs to understand his body and see which suits him which is what I'm doing.

I can't take low carb but I am trying to eat lesser carb (e.g. reduced rice by a certain %) or replace with complex carb.  I can't go gym (cause I'm broked) but I'm willing to try resistance and do push up/carry my 5kg dumbells or other alternative.

Sorry guys about what happen.  Let me buy you both coffee once I hit my target.

gym don't have to be expensive, forget about those commercial gym, if u r local, opt for safra, their 1 club non peak hour is only 20+ per month, if u don't gym so often, then go active gym per entry only 2.50, for local don't forget to use the $100 that was given out, otherwise check out those outdoor facilities near the park or your place, looking for a gym or workout place is not difficult, what is difficult is the discipline to use them.

21 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

Wow so fit. Was that in a minute? That'll be a world record then.

I do not know what is the world record but i do believe many people especially those train in gymnastics should be able to do it easily. Holding on to the handstand position takes a lot of strength and doing pushup in that position need to do it as fast as possible and yes i believe most people will do it in less than a min including me. 

9 hours ago, xydboy said:

Wow, I'm totally amazed the way you use my arguments for yours. Don't tell me that I never consider their time commitment, financial commitment, interest and goal setting as if you have done them very well. Scroll back to the first page, I don't see you asking anything prior to stating your point. Quoted what you said in your first post,"When i look at your stats i definately know that it is your fat % problem." Since when did you even consider much on what the person said. The person just merely asked from the start," I want to train for my 6 pack abs.  Does doing sit up regularly useful?  Hope to post before and after pics to show the effect.  Can any bros advice me some tips for better results?  Thanks." You assume that the person don't have the financial ability, don't want to spend a lot of money, time travelling, etc.

Further support is given in the TS post,"Yah read about the calories thingy. Really hard especially the diet part. Tried before but just 1 time of indulging in food and that's it.  I can't stop and resist all this temptation.  Most I maintain is only for half a year and back to square one. Lifting probably a problem. Used to spend in gym but it's like going once a week and drag further and lastly came to a stop. Was relieve that it ends. Anyway we can do at home without spending on equipment? Wanna give myself a chance." The motivating force is there but isn't strong. You know that the person struggles in the diet portion with less motivating force yet you still provide your means and you yourself quote, "I am just showing one of the diets which is successful for me to slim down fast and healthy so that others can take me as a reference and not waste time finding diet that wont work." and also,"Yes a veggie diet is not easy unless you got a motivation to do it." In addition,"When one grows older, one will becomes weaker and gyming will become even harder for them...." These arguments is there to suggest that exercise is not the way to go because it's difficult and the diet which you said is the easiest way to go. But then you flipped later on saying that it is not easy unless you got a motivation to do it. You know that the diet part is difficult yet you dish out something which you do (vegetarian diet) and then say it is not easy unless you have motivation. With such flipping of arguments, I am not sure if it is valid in anyway. That was why i said," Hit the gym, increase the workload, and if in doubt, go speak to the resident trainer at the gym. If you do not want to go to the gym, you can workout at home using bodyweight, but that won't bring you far. You eventually will need to head to the gym to increase the stimulus on the muscles for growth." I'm tailoring it to what was asked and of chief concern, which is what can be done at home without spending on equipment. I also mentioned later that,"Push ups is a good start. Most importantly is that you keep increasing the stimulus if you want muscles to grow. Basic principles of training: progression and overload. As for lower calories and low carbs. Low carbs doesn't necessary mean low calories, vice versa. As for abs workout, please don't do crunches or sit ups, it's not going to really work the entire core. Core exercises are beyond the abs, it includes muscles like the back, the obliques, etc. Hence, my reason for heading to the gym because many of these exercises would require the bar." I support it with a rationale and also mentioned that bodyweight exercises like push ups is a good start. 

Just FYI, People aged 70-80 have been doing exercise (legs exercises at 75% of maximal intensity) and they can still maintain strength and muscle mass (done in many populations in Asia and US countries over the years, don't bother questioning it). You are saying yourself as 35 yrs old facing issues? You are not that old you know? You do know that if you were to increase muscle mass, you can actually raise your metabolic rate..Don't put yourself down at such a young age. 

Just to reinstate again, I did not force anyone to do anything. Its based on guidelines. Whether they want to do or not up to them. I never use the authoritative "badge" but you seem to want to play that game. Sure..will be glad to play it with you. :P For a first that someone comes to tell me as an exercise physiologist that my opinions do not work. Questioning my credentials and my years of working with different individuals eh? 

On first paragraph, u say "You assume that the person don't have the financial ability, don't want to spend a lot of money, time travelling, etc". I would say that u are the one who is assuming things as my words is for all people who want to get abs and not just TS.

On the second paragraph, u assume TS struggles in the diet portion with less motivating force but u never read the whole portion. Read what u paste "Lifting probably a problem. Used to spend in gym but it's like going once a week and drag further and lastly came to a stop. Was relieve that it ends." this proves that TS is having both diet and gymming problems. Base on my personal experience from fat to slimming down, I am sure a fail diet cause more problems to fatness than a fail exercise. This is the reason why i concentrate on diet more than exercise part.

On the third paragraph, do u realize people at the age from 70-80 is a dying age and those who survive dont exercise or do very little exercise? Those people at those age who still go gymming is less than 1%. Do not base your argument on such small percentage although its still good to have a small amount of exercise. As for my age and facing issues, I think u did not read properly also. I am stating i am at the fattest at the age of 35 and not my current age. I successfully solve the fat issue in less than one year by changing to my clean diet while maintaining my small amount of exercise per day.

Ok last paragraph, u say u did not force anyone to do anything but u keep repeating your guidelines again and again until i hear until sian already. Your opinions from the guidelines will not work if others got work commitment, financial commitment, no interest and different goal settings. You cant force people to go to the gym to do your guideline if people refuse to go. Since u like to twist my words i have to retype here again.

11 hours ago, xydboy said:

I do want to challenge the notion. Kindly provide your 3 day dietary recall. You can do your own calculation and I will do mine. Would like to see your definition of "low carbs". Based on calculation, you should be consuming 1937 kcal per day to maintain total daily caloric needs. Would love to see how much you are consuming right now.

I do not waste my time calculate calories. I will tell you what i eat as all weekdays is practically almost the same.

Breakfast:

1 half boil egg.

2 scoop of meal replacement shake add half a bottle of water and fill the other half with either yugurt or fruit juice.

Lunch (some carb):

$2.50 vegetarian lunch which includes brown rice, 2 dish of vegetables examples like spinach or kang kong or kailan etc and 1 dish of egg

Dinner (low carb time):

1 big bowl or a pot of vegetables for dinner follow by another meal replacement shake like the one drink at breakfast.

The vegetables at dinner varies differently which may or may not include spinach, kang kong, kailan, watercress, carrots, mushroom, sea weeds

Supper time:

Half a litre of soya bean milk

Eat some fruits or nuts at dinner or supper if still hungry.

Guest Sport-coholic
4 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

I do not know what is the world record but i do believe many people especially those train in gymnastics should be able to do it easily. Holding on to the handstand position takes a lot of strength and doing pushup in that position need to do it as fast as possible and yes i believe most people will do it in less than a min including me. 

Off topic but anyway, most handstand push-ups did was 27 in one minute set on 23 Oct 2015 (Guinness World Records).

http://mashable.com/2016/05/04/handstand-push-ups/#hn9etsPUtiqf

Edited by Sport-coholic

On first paragraph, u say "You assume that the person don't have the financial ability, don't want to spend a lot of money, time travelling, etc". I would say that u are the one who is assuming things as my words is for all people who want to get abs and not just TS.

On the second paragraph, u assume TS struggles in the diet portion with less motivating force but u never read the whole portion. Read what u paste "Lifting probably a problem. Used to spend in gym but it's like going once a week and drag further and lastly came to a stop. Was relieve that it ends." this proves that TS is having both diet and gymming problems. Base on my personal experience from fat to slimming down, I am sure a fail diet cause more problems to fatness than a fail exercise. This is the reason why i concentrate on diet more than exercise part.

On the third paragraph, do u realize people at the age from 70-80 is a dying age and those who survive dont exercise or do very little exercise? Those people at those age who still go gymming is less than 1%. Do not base your argument on such small percentage although its still good to have a small amount of exercise. As for my age and facing issues, I think u did not read properly also. I am stating i am at the fattest at the age of 35 and not my current age. I successfully solve the fat issue in less than one year by changing to my clean diet while maintaining my small amount of exercise per day.

Ok last paragraph, u say u did not force anyone to do anything but u keep repeating your guidelines again and again until i hear until sian already. Your opinions from the guidelines will not work if others got work commitment, financial commitment, no interest and different goal settings. You cant force people to go to the gym to do your guideline if people refuse to go. Since u like to twist my words i have to retype here again.

I'm amazed at how narrow your thoughts are or information you draw from whatever you know. You obviously have not been around the industry long enough to draw such conclusions. Exercise doesn't mean going to gym, but also doing things like brisk walk, household chores, taichi, etc. Do not impose on others what little knowledge and weak arguments you have. Not sure if you know that there are people who specially train geriatric population. What has guidelines got to do with forcing anyone? I didn't force anyone to adhere to the guidelines. I seriously have no idea how your logic is being generated. Guidelines = must do = I force people? what? *scratch head* 

Oh please..try and convince me (and the rest) when you said,"When i look at your stats i definately know that it is your fat % problem." Don't tell me you are addressing everyone right from the very first line you made.You used the word "your stats". You mean you know everyone's stats from that bare minimum content they posted? I'm really amazed...Do kindly reflect on the very first post you made before you comment on anything. And also yea, based on your personal experience..n=1? I based my arguments on meta analysis, randomized controlled trials, which are hard scientific evidence. Don't tell me that my argument isn't valid. At least its more valid than yours. If I were to apply your logic, then you also cannot say much. Going by the same token, you also cannot force someone who do your diet if they have difficulty and don't want to use your diet. Do read carefully what people post.

What can you make out of the bold and underlined statement? It's clear that you know that hitting the gym is problem, but why?

Have you taken his lifestyle and dieting problems into consideration? How much do you actually know about him?

You are currently giving an advice to a complete stranger. How do you intend to fit the "Vegetarian Ketogenic Diet" into his daily lifestyle? What is the success rate of your dieting plan? Do you have any concrete evidence to back it up, excluding self reference?

Given the dieting plans and exercises you had improvised, should there be any cases. Will you hold any responsibility?  

Lastly, I'm having problems understanding what Ketogenic diets means... Care to explain?

Under your influence, you're the magic in my veins.

I do not waste my time calculate calories. I will tell you what i eat as all weekdays is practically almost the same.

Breakfast:

1 half boil egg.

2 scoop of meal replacement shake add half a bottle of water and fill the other half with either yugurt or fruit juice.

Lunch (some carb):

$2.50 vegetarian lunch which includes brown rice, 2 dish of vegetables examples like spinach or kang kong or kailan etc and 1 dish of egg

Dinner (low carb time):

1 big bowl or a pot of vegetables for dinner follow by another meal replacement shake like the one drink at breakfast.

The vegetables at dinner varies differently which may or may not include spinach, kang kong, kailan, watercress, carrots, mushroom, sea weeds

Supper time:

Half a litre of soya bean milk

Eat some fruits or nuts at dinner or supper if still hungry.

Oh? so you said that what you eat all weekdays is practically almost the same. That's good to hear. Lots of consistency and motivation to adhere to it. Good. But I thought you said earlier," My path is also for people who dont have the financial ability or dont want to spend a lot of money for gym membership and also on those protein powder.". You now have a meal replacement shake. Hmm...and also if you take them all weekdays. With 4 scoops, that would mean you would need to spend quite a significant amount. Meal replacement powders don't really come cheap. 30 serving at least $50-60. Interesting how you do not "advocate" spending on protein powder but yet you yourself use a meal replacement shake, which is similar in nature. Shifting the goal post again?

calories (kcal) protein (g) fat (g) carbs (g)
Brown rice 273.7 7.13 1.84 57.04
spinach 84.84 1.753333 8.52 0.303333
kang kong 19.6 2.04 0.24 3.64
egg 14.14 3.36 0 0.12
nutritional shake (breakfast & lunch) 180 18 2 26
spinach 84.84 1.753333 8.52 0.303333
kang kong 19.6 2.04 0.24 3.64
carrot 46.35 1.125 0.185 10.795
egg 14.14 3.36 0 0.12
soya bean 165 13.5 10 6
mushroom 42.51 3.43 0.78 7.96
yoghurt 108.99 7.05 5.1 7.05
total 1053.71 64.54167 37.425 122.9717
  calories 258.1667 336.825 491.8867
  % 24.50073 31.96563 46.68141

And since I have some time today to "play", i decide to do you a favour by calculating your typical routine diet. Wow, a keto-diet(vegetarian) style having 46% of carbs. I don't know if you really know what you are talking about anymore...like literally. I'm not making things up. I collected the data from HPB database (http://focos.hpb.gov.sg/eservices/ENCF/FoodAnalysis.aspx?p=1). You can refer and add in more food which I might have missed out. But as of now, it doesn't seem keto at all. In fact its a typical diet that anyone would be able to do it. Don't over-sell yourself. I recognize the effort you put in. But this goes back down to whatever I've mentioned before. Any diet would work as long as its within the typical dietary recommendations. Btw you are not taking enough calories (given your weight, height, age and assumed physical activity level: 1871kcal). Without sufficient calories, of course you would lose weight. LOL! Anyone who follows this is still back to the fundamentals of calories in and calories out which I've highlighted earlier.

Edited by xydboy

Change is hard! Forcing yourself to do it will only end up in breaking the diet! What I can recommend 

1) Set a small goal. Example, I'm now 75kg and in 2 weeks time, I wanna hit 73kg? 

2) Action plan! What you can do is to constantly do something to keep this goal going. So plan your meals and workout. For cardio classes, I recommend those gym classes. Working out as a class with the instructor will motivates you to keep going! But most importantly, find the class that interest you!

3) Review! When you reach the end of the time frame that you set, review on what have u done well and what have u not. If you achieve the 2kg in two weeks, you'll be motivated to keep going! 

However, always remember that the first few kg are the easiest to lose due to water rentention etc. Also, get a gym/ exercise buddy to keep you going! 

Press on! And good luck! 

17 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

Off topic but anyway, most handstand push-ups did was 27 in one minute set on 23 Oct 2015 (Guinness World Records).

http://mashable.com/2016/05/04/handstand-push-ups/#hn9etsPUtiqf

My one is with wall support so that wont fall off as i cant balance without wall. Maybe due to wall support so wont waste strength on balancing.

Edited by yoyo74

1 hour ago, xydboy said:

I'm amazed at how narrow your thoughts are or information you draw from whatever you know. You obviously have not been around the industry long enough to draw such conclusions. Exercise doesn't mean going to gym, but also doing things like brisk walk, household chores, taichi, etc. Do not impose on others what little knowledge and weak arguments you have. Not sure if you know that there are people who specially train geriatric population. What has guidelines got to do with forcing anyone? I didn't force anyone to adhere to the guidelines. I seriously have no idea how your logic is being generated. Guidelines = must do = I force people? what? *scratch head* 

Oh please..try and convince me (and the rest) when you said,"When i look at your stats i definately know that it is your fat % problem." Don't tell me you are addressing everyone right from the very first line you made.You used the word "your stats". You mean you know everyone's stats from that bare minimum content they posted? I'm really amazed...Do kindly reflect on the very first post you made before you comment on anything. And also yea, based on your personal experience..n=1? I based my arguments on meta analysis, randomized controlled trials, which are hard scientific evidence. Don't tell me that my argument isn't valid. At least its more valid than yours. If I were to apply your logic, then you also cannot say much. Going by the same token, you also cannot force someone who do your diet if they have difficulty and don't want to use your diet. Do read carefully what people post.

When i say the words "When i look at your stats i definately know that it is your fat % problem." I am addressing TS of cause. We are in an open forum and data is for all to see so when i show details for an alternative path to getting abs its for all to see. its a simple logic u cant understand.

All this while i am talking about alternative path to get abs for people that dont have the time commitment, financial commitment, no interest and different goal settings. Your meta analysis, randomized controlled trials are totally invalid and useless when others dont want to use your method. Dont know how many times i need to repeat before u know wat i talk about.

29 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

When i say the words "When i look at your stats i definately know that it is your fat % problem." I am addressing TS of cause. We are in an open forum and data is for all to see so when i show details for an alternative path to getting abs its for all to see. its a simple logic u cant understand.

All this while i am talking about alternative path to get abs for people that dont have the time commitment, financial commitment, no interest and different goal settings. Your meta analysis, randomized controlled trials are totally invalid and useless when others dont want to use your method. Dont know how many times i need to repeat before u know wat i talk about.

I think its you that don't understand the logic. You clearly keep shifting the goal post around to suit your needs. I mentioned that you have not considered the factors, e.g. financial constraints, etc. Then you said it was me. Then I cite this sweeping statement you made. Then you said its for everyone. Then now you said its addressing TS. Its clear that you have no idea what you are talking about. Assuming it is menat for both TS and everyone, so have you considered everyone's financial constraints, food conditions, body compositions, etc before you made that statement for TS or for everyone?The truth speaks for itself. How is your sweeping statement available for everyone or for TS when this statement you made, which is the first statement you made, has taken into consideration of finance constraint, etc. You never even ask a question like what medical conditions you have, what food you don't like to eat or are allergic to, etc. You just simply dish out a statement right from the start with a strong claim that states when you look at the stats, definitely know that its the fat% problem.

You said my claims made from guidelines are useless and invalid. It goes to show that your understanding of the basic definition of "guidelines" isn't there. I already mentioned I'm not here to enforce anything. You kept insisting that I am here to prove that exercise is important and that TS needs to exercise to lose weight. My role here isn't to prove anything, I'm here to state what was recommended based on guidelines; healthy guidelines issued by health authorities. If you got a problem with the guidelines, and feel that your intelligence and mental capacity can outwit the professionals, please kindly submit your name and participate in re-drafting the guidelines.

And obviously isn't it clear that you are speaking for TS. The TS didn't even said anything about not wanting to use whatever method or similar sort. Who are you and what position are you in to speak for him? Don't act as if you truly know the TS, when in fact you are in no way related unless proven otherwise. He has his own mentality and thoughts, he will decide for himself what is useful and what is not. And like what other people have said, and also what I've said earlier, what may work for you doesn't mean it will work for other people. So stop using your single case study as the biblical truth and insisting that other's are wrong while yours is the one and only method. If your method is indeed the "truth", then it should withstand questioning and probing, but obviously look at the amount of loopholes I've poked through. I'm not trying to put you down, but I feel that your argument wasn't strong enough to begin with. You scored your own goal while shifting the goal post. I never discredit your recommendations, I was just saying to post responsibly given the flaws and questions that you are not able to answer. Like I've mentioned before, and what others have supported, you do know the hazards behind recommending such diet. In fact it's against the law to practice the role as a dietitian (when you are not credentialed) to do nutrition counselling in singapore mind you. And you are hovering on thin ice..Its good to share, but at least know your stuff. Look at what you have posted, its literally slapping yourself in the face. You said its keto but evidence showed otherwise. You don't calculate calories and that's fundamentally not recommended if you want to lose weight because losing weight is about calories restriction. You assumed that its vegetarian just because its safe and its a good way to lose weight for yourself and expect others to follow and adhere to it when you said its difficult and requires motivation. Its obvious the principles are not there!

Edited by xydboy

1 hour ago, CordonBleu said:

What can you make out of the bold and underlined statement? It's clear that you know that hitting the gym is problem, but why?

Have you taken his lifestyle and dieting problems into consideration? How much do you actually know about him?

You are currently giving an advice to a complete stranger. How do you intend to fit the "Vegetarian Ketogenic Diet" into his daily lifestyle? What is the success rate of your dieting plan? Do you have any concrete evidence to back it up, excluding self reference?

Given the dieting plans and exercises you had improvised, should there be any cases. Will you hold any responsibility?  

Lastly, I'm having problems understanding what Ketogenic diets means... Care to explain?

TS have both dieting and gymming problem this i know but in order to slim down and get abs we need to have a very clean diet and a little bit of exercise like what i do is enough. Getting abs is impossible without a good diet so even though i taken his lifestyle and dieting problems into account i still need to say my method in the hope he can see some light into it. I hope my life experience is enough motivation for him.

The success rate of my diet plan can be seen from my body. Why exclude self reference when already got the best reference? If I take reference from others instead of myself than I wont know if its truth or not. A responsible person will have to test it personally before he can confirm the truth and tell it to others. As for responsibility part, a truth statement from self experience without telling a lie is responsible enough. As for the ketogenic diet, I only take the low carb high fat part and also convert it to my vegetarian version. I only implement this diet on my dinner part as dinner is important to eat lesser. I remove high carb food like bread, rice, noddles from dinner and add in more low carb food like vegetables and also add high fat food like avocados, nuts and seeds etc. The ketogenic diet (keto) is a low-carb, high-fat diet. It lowers blood sugar and insulin levels, and shifts the body’s metabolism away from carbs and towards fat so we can burn fat easier.

14 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

TS have both dieting and gymming problem this i know but in order to slim down and get abs we need to have a very clean diet and a little bit of exercise like what i do is enough. Getting abs is impossible without a good diet so even though i taken his lifestyle and dieting problems into account i still need to say my method in the hope he can see some light into it. I hope my life experience is enough motivation for him.

The success rate of my diet plan can be seen from my body. Why exclude self reference when already got the best reference? If I take reference from others instead of myself than I wont know if its truth or not. A responsible person will have to test it personally before he can confirm the truth and tell it to others. As for responsibility part, a truth statement from self experience without telling a lie is responsible enough. As for the ketogenic diet, I only take the low carb high fat part and also convert it to my vegetarian version. I only implement this diet on my dinner part as dinner is important to eat lesser. I remove high carb food like bread, rice, noddles from dinner and add in more low carb food like vegetables and also add high fat food like avocados, nuts and seeds etc. The ketogenic diet (keto) is a low-carb, high-fat diet. It lowers blood sugar and insulin levels, and shifts the body’s metabolism away from carbs and towards fat so we can burn fat easier.

Using your logic: Like this then no need to study already. Ownself experiment ownself cure disease. Like this everyone can be good doctors, no need to check out reference, no need to go to credentialed practitioners. Do you see where you are coming from? Go and look at the calculation, if you yourself haven't done the calculation, don't assumed anything! its obvious the diet you are doing isn't low in carbs and isn't high in fat. In fact it is just what the Institute of Medicine (2005) guidelines recommended for healthy adults. Please read more and check your own diet before you meddle other's. You want others to model your traits, but you are not walking the talk. Oh please...ownself have abs doesn't mean people copy exactly what you do means they will have abs. He isn't your age, your height, your built, your everything. You cannot subject your individual thoughts onto others. That is why there's guidelines. Guidelines have been validated in thousands or millions of people. If your plan works in you, other people's plan have worked in millions of people, so from your logic, it would be better wouldn't it? The same logic applies, I have workout and eat according to the guidelines, it works for me, so likewise TS should follow me. A responsible person will have to test it personally before he can confirm the truth right? so yea it works, I got abs, so its also truthful. If you don't agree, means you do not agree to your own logic. Shifting goal post...AGAIN! And once again, a substantial level of understanding of the ketogenic diet has not been grasp by you despite me showing you text on it. It again makes me speechless. 

Edited by xydboy

16 minutes ago, xydboy said:

I think its you that don't understand the logic. You clearly keep shifting the goal post around to suit your needs. I mentioned that you have not considered the factors, e.g. financial constraints, etc. Then you said it was me. Then I cite this sweeping statement you made. Then you said its for everyone. Then now you said its addressing TS. Its clear that you have no idea what you are talking about. Assuming it is menat for both TS and everyone, so have you considered everyone's financial constraints, food conditions, body compositions, etc before you made that statement for TS or for everyone?The truth speaks for itself. How is your sweeping statement available for everyone or for TS when this statement you made, which is the first statement you made, has taken into consideration of finance constraint, etc. You never even ask a question like what medical conditions you have, what food you don't like to eat or are allergic to, etc. You just simply dish out a statement right from the start with a strong claim that states when you look at the stats, definitely know that its the fat% problem.

You said my claims made from guidelines are useless and invalid. It goes to show that your understanding of the basic definition of "guidelines" isn't there. I already mentioned I'm not here to enforce anything. You kept insisting that I am here to prove that exercise is important and that TS needs to exercise to lose weight. My role here isn't to prove anything, I'm here to state what was recommended based on guidelines; healthy guidelines issued by health authorities. If you got a problem with the guidelines, and feel that your intelligence and mental capacity can outwit the professionals, please kindly submit your name and participate in re-drafting the guidelines.

And obviously isn't it clear that you are speaking for TS. The TS didn't even said anything about not wanting to use whatever method or similar sort. Who are you and what position are you in to speak for him? Don't act as if you truly know the TS, when in fact you are in no way related unless proven otherwise. He has his own mentality and thoughts, he will decide for himself what is useful and what is not. And like what other people have said, and also what I've said earlier, what may work for you doesn't mean it will work for other people. So stop using your single case study as the biblical truth and insisting that other's are wrong while yours is the one and only method. If your method is indeed the "truth", then it should withstand questioning and probing, but obviously look at the amount of loopholes I've poked through. I'm not trying to put you down, but I feel that your argument wasn't strong enough to begin with. You scored your own goal while shifting the goal post. I never discredit your recommendations, I was just saying to post responsibly given the flaws and questions that you are not able to answer. Like I've mentioned before, and what others have supported, you do know the hazards behind recommending such diet. In fact it's against the law to practice the role as a dietitian (when you are not credentialed) to do nutrition counselling in singapore mind you. And you are hovering on thin ice..Its good to share, but at least know your stuff. Look at what you have posted, its literally slapping yourself in the face. You said its keto but evidence showed otherwise. You don't calculate calories and that's fundamentally not recommended if you want to lose weight because losing weight is about calories restriction. You assumed that its vegetarian just because its safe and its a good way to lose weight for yourself and expect others to follow and adhere to it when you said its difficult and requires motivation. Its obvious the principles are not there!

How many times do i need to repeat myself that i am sharing an alternative path to getting abs. I had already said many times its for people that dont have time commitment, financial commitment, no interest and different goal settings. Your guidelines no matter how useful is also useless and invalid when those people dont use it. Instead of helping people by giving another alternative solution, you keep on harping on things that can never happen.

18 minutes ago, xydboy said:

Using your logic: Like this then no need to study already. Ownself experiment ownself cure disease. Like this everyone can be good doctors, no need to check out reference, no need to go to credentialed practitioners. Do you see where you are coming from? Go and look at the calculation, if you yourself haven't done the calculation, don't assumed anything! its obvious the diet you are doing isn't low in carbs and isn't high in fat. In fact it is just what the Institute of Medicine (2005) guidelines recommended for healthy adults. Please read more and check your own diet before you meddle other's. You want others to model your traits, but you are not walking the talk. Oh please...ownself have abs doesn't mean people copy exactly what you do means they will have abs. He isn't your age, your height, your built, your everything. You cannot subject your individual thoughts onto others. That is why there's guidelines. Guidelines have been validated in thousands or millions of people. If your plan works in you, other people's plan have worked in millions of people, so from your logic, it would be better wouldn't it? The same logic applies, I have workout and eat according to the guidelines, it works for me, so likewise TS should follow me. A responsible person will have to test it personally before he can confirm the truth right? so yea it works, I got abs, so its also truthful. If you don't agree, means you do not agree to your own logic. Shifting goal post...AGAIN! 

I never say your guidlines wont work but it will definately not work on people that dont have time commitment, financial commitment, no interest and different goal settings when those people have no interest on the guidelines. Anyone who got abs can show their methods of doing it and there is no wrong when showing the truth. If you talking about shifting post, the initial statement i post is for an alternative path for abs but you keep beating around the bush and cause the post to be shifted. Keep on the arguement on the alternating path for abs if you dont want the goal post to be shifted.

6 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

How many times do i need to repeat myself that i am sharing an alternative path to getting abs. I had already said many times its for people that dont have time commitment, financial commitment, no interest and different goal settings. Your guidelines no matter how useful is also useless and invalid when those people dont use it. Instead of helping people by giving another alternative solution, you keep on harping on things that can never happen.

How is it an alternative when its the same exact thing which I've mentioned about having proper nutrition and balanced diet. I've calculated your diet and nutrition level in your meals and its no difference between what other people said or have been shown in guidelines (oh look, your meal is the same as guidelines recommended. So if you refute guidelines, means you refuting the existence and truth in your own meal?). You claimed its for people who don't have the time, valid. Financial commitment, really? you yourself know how much those meal replacement shakes cost. And I wouldn't be surprised if you got them from herbalife or some other similar brands which typically cost a lot. Even the average brands would have cost a lot. That amount could get a substantial gym fee access on off-peak period access or even membership at clubfitt/activeSG gym. No interest and different goal setting, you mean the person shares the same sentiments as you? or is it something which you have pre-existing belief in yourself to state such an assumption. You don't even practice what you preach and you want to come in here and throw your weight around. Furthermore, your knowledge in diet and nutrition are no where near someone who at least spend time to read and research. If you really spend the time to read and respect the individual, you wouldn't have dished out an opinion with no scientific basis. Goes to show how much respect you have when it comes to giving out opinions. So it does seems you refute the thing about guidelines. Like i've mentioned again, it has been shown in millions of people. They work in me, hence by applying YOUR logic, it should work in the other people too. I am the best evidence after all right? given your logic..(btw, my abs are in wayyy better shape than yours:whistle:) So why should TS takes your advice and not mine? Once again throwing your bias and answering for TS. He has a mouth, he can reply on his own to determine if he wants to take it or not. Its not up to you to decide. 

Just now, yoyo74 said:

I never say your guidlines wont work but it will definately not work on people that dont have time commitment, financial commitment, no interest and different goal settings when those people have no interest on the guidelines. Anyone who got abs can show their methods of doing it and there is no wrong when showing the truth. If you talking about shifting post, the initial statement i post is for an alternative path for abs but you keep beating around the bush and cause the post to be shifted. Keep on the arguement on the alternating path for abs if you dont want the goal post to be shifted.

Please cite an evidence to state that people here (TS included) have no interest in guidelines. If you can't, goes to show how capable you are at shifting goal post again..

1 minute ago, xydboy said:

Please cite an evidence to state that people here (TS included) have no interest in guidelines. If you can't, goes to show how capable you are at shifting goal post again..

What evidence do i need when i am talking about people that dont have interest in the guidelines. I am already talking about those without interest and not those that show interest in the guidelines. Its simple and clear.

Guest Transform
On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 9:59 PM, lonelyglobe said:

gym don't have to be expensive, forget about those commercial gym, if u r local, opt for safra, their 1 club non peak hour is only 20+ per month, if u don't gym so often, then go active gym per entry only 2.50, for local don't forget to use the $100 that was given out, otherwise check out those outdoor facilities near the park or your place, looking for a gym or workout place is not difficult, what is difficult is the discipline to use them.

12 hours ago, TinnieShawnnie said:

Change is hard! Forcing yourself to do it will only end up in breaking the diet! What I can recommend 

1) Set a small goal. Example, I'm now 75kg and in 2 weeks time, I wanna hit 73kg? 

2) Action plan! What you can do is to constantly do something to keep this goal going. So plan your meals and workout. For cardio classes, I recommend those gym classes. Working out as a class with the instructor will motivates you to keep going! But most importantly, find the class that interest you!

3) Review! When you reach the end of the time frame that you set, review on what have u done well and what have u not. If you achieve the 2kg in two weeks, you'll be motivated to keep going! 

However, always remember that the first few kg are the easiest to lose due to water rentention etc. Also, get a gym/ exercise buddy to keep you going! 

Press on! And good luck! 

Thanks guys!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.