Male HQ

Training 6 pack abs

Guest Transform

11 hours ago, begleitung said:

would a really thin person have a six pack in show, with the really low fat content in body

Yes probably, if he had very low body fat. Though it will be pretty flat if he never ever trained them in his life. But normally as humans we do use our core quite frequently. 

2 hours ago, Thatguy642 said:

Yes probably, if he had very low body fat. Though it will be pretty flat if he never ever trained them in his life. But normally as humans we do use our core quite frequently. 

I've actually seen thin people with low body fat at the pool without any visible abs. It seems that some people have difficulty making their abs show even with doing crunches. Perhaps they are just doing it wrong.

On 10/18/2022 at 9:30 PM, radiusulnar said:

poor genetics? i read somewhere possible to have fewer tendons over the rectus abdominis.

dunno about that. There's a friend of mine. Chunky guy. Nice legs, arms and firm butt. But no matter how hard he tries, his chest can't seem to get big. And he cant get his abs to show as well. For me, it's easy to get my chest to grow but my forearms are a big challenge and because I snack a lot, i can see my abs but only the top 4 are visible now.

1 hour ago, begleitung said:

urs is nice

how long did u train 4 it and doin wht

Haha they’re not that great really, especially now that I got lazy and don’t train abs anymore and there’s a stubborn layer of fat covering my lower two packs. But I did train them a lot for a few months in a row and when I did this was my routine 2-3 times a week.

it’s a circuit so complete the whole exercise (in a row with as little rest as possible in between) for 4 sets, and after the plank rest for 1-2 minutes or maybe even 3. First few times I did this I couldn’t walk properly so if you’re just starting out you can do maybe 10 or 15 instead of 25 and 25 instead of 50, something like that:

4x 25 leg raises

4x 50 flutter kicks

4x 25 Russian twists

4x 25 bicycle crunches

4x 1 min plank (1 min 30 sec last set)

4x 45 second side plank each side (1 min last set)

If your diet is trash you’ll never see them, if you’re having trouble cutting calories easiest way would be to cut down on sugary drinks if you drink them. Helps a lot more than you think. Drink water!

22 hours ago, Thatguy642 said:

Haha they’re not that great really, especially now that I got lazy and don’t train abs anymore and there’s a stubborn layer of fat covering my lower two packs. But I did train them a lot for a few months in a row and when I did this was my routine 2-3 times a week.

it’s a circuit so complete the whole exercise (in a row with as little rest as possible in between) for 4 sets, and after the plank rest for 1-2 minutes or maybe even 3. First few times I did this I couldn’t walk properly so if you’re just starting out you can do maybe 10 or 15 instead of 25 and 25 instead of 50, something like that:

4x 25 leg raises

4x 50 flutter kicks

4x 25 Russian twists

4x 25 bicycle crunches

If your diet is trash you’ll never see them, if you’re having trouble cutting calories easiest way would be to cut down on sugary drinks if you drink them. Helps a lot more than you think. Drink water!

woww, looks so hardcore.

thank u 4 the tips.  i might give it a try, mayb over the weekend.  rite now i just do push-up and sit ups

i eat a lot of junk food, tho i m not fat, lol

On 10/25/2022 at 3:09 AM, Thatguy642 said:

4x 25 leg raises

4x 50 flutter kicks

4x 25 Russian twists

4x 25 bicycle crunches

yes, sugary stuff, be it drinks or food is the reason why you can't get rid of stubborn fats. It's usually the visceral fats that's causing the big belly and that is caused by poor high fat diet. so even if you do all the recommended exercises, you might not get the desired results with bad eating habits. It takes a lot of effort to get a six pack ab esp if you are an endomorph

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 10:04 AM, axefactor said:

yes, sugary stuff, be it drinks or food is the reason why you can't get rid of stubborn fats. It's usually the visceral fats that's causing the big belly and that is caused by poor high fat diet. so even if you do all the recommended exercises, you might not get the desired results with bad eating habits. It takes a lot of effort to get a six pack ab esp if you are an endomorph

you have managed to write about five wrong things in one answer, well done! 

3 hours ago, axefactor said:

you are most welcome

if you know nothing about a topic, why bother posting a completely jumbled up answer full of rubbish? One minute you talk about high sugar being the cause of fat, the next you talk about high fat. And the whole endo/ecto morph thing is generally considered to be nonsense except for a few specific cases. 

https://www.precisionnutrition.com/all-about-body-type-eating

20 hours ago, begleitung said:

it is regardless of sugar type / source, i suppose?  be it sugar from fruits etc

all the information you need has already been answered here in detail and the advice is not so complicated: want to lose weight/see abs, lose fat (consistently consume less calories) and train abs. Sugar is not going to stop you seeing abs as part of an overall diet that it tuned to the right number of calories for your needs and activity levels. Eating fruit is better than eating foods with processed sugar because you also get other vitamins, minerals, fibre etc 

I've shared before, and I'm sharing here again on how my abs get to show. Disclaimer: these are what work for me - may not be effective for all.

16-8 intermittent fasting every day, except when I'm doing 1 meal a day at least twice a week. I also run at least 4 times a week, each time about 10km, burning 800cal. Weights/gym 3-4 times a week. I don't lift heavy. 

It is tough, but as someone who puts on fats easily - I have to just do it.

For reference, this was how I looked:

20180812_113012-01.jpg.e84142e95f6c642115c318f2d4eec3c3.jpg

16 minutes ago, qsefthu78 said:

I've shared before, and I'm sharing here again on how my abs get to show. Disclaimer: these are what work for me - may not be effective for all.

16-8 intermittent fasting every day, except when I'm doing 1 meal a day at least twice a week. I also run at least 4 times a week, each time about 10km, burning 800cal. Weights/gym 3-4 times a week. I don't lift heavy. 

It is tough, but as someone who puts on fats easily - I have to just do it.

For reference, this was how I looked:

20180812_113012-01.jpg.e84142e95f6c642115c318f2d4eec3c3.jpg

Hi qsefthu78 

Thanks for sharing.  Can you clarify what is 16-8 intermittent fasting daily? And do share more about this fasting. Looking forward to your response.

Best regards

4 minutes ago, AgentFit said:

Hi qsefthu78 

Thanks for sharing.  Can you clarify what is 16-8 intermittent fasting daily? And do share more about this fasting. Looking forward to your response.

Best regards

There are many online resources on fasting - just Google. Basically 16-8 rule is to eat within 8 hour time frame and fast for the next 16 hours, except drinking water. I still eat what I want, but I rarely eat hawker food, fast food or fried food. Fasting changed my eating habits - my capacity for food shrunk to more than half. You don't need to eat 3 meals a day. Our meals are social constructs. Unless you want to gain and grow, then that's another issue.

12 minutes ago, qsefthu78 said:

There are many online resources on fasting - just Google. Basically 16-8 rule is to eat within 8 hour time frame and fast for the next 16 hours, except drinking water. I still eat what I want, but I rarely eat hawker food, fast food or fried food. Fasting changed my eating habits - my capacity for food shrunk to more than half. You don't need to eat 3 meals a day. Our meals are social constructs. Unless you want to gain and grow, then that's another issue.

Thanks, @qsefthu78. How long did it take to see visible effect? I just started IF 2 days ago. 😅 Does the 16-8 have to be continuous/back to back? E.g. Day 1 was 8pm-12am, Day 2 I could only do 12am-4pm. 

2 minutes ago, Ggzx08 said:

Thanks, @qsefthu78. How long did it take to see visible effect? I just started IF 2 days ago. 😅 Does the 16-8 have to be continuous/back to back? E.g. Day 1 was 8pm-12am, Day 2 I could only do 12am-4pm. 

It took me about 2 months. I didn't keep track of my appearance everyday and just one fine day about 2 months later I saw the visible difference. I kept strictly to my IF timings - it would be easier if it becomes your routine and habit. If I do 1 meal a day consecutively, my % fat loss would be more pronounced and veins do pop up on my lower abs. But this will be tougher. I understand we may feel constrained by work or social or family factors to eat. But like what I said, just do it, and I have to do it the hard way. No short cuts.

On 11/16/2022 at 2:25 PM, qsefthu78 said:

It took me about 2 months. I didn't keep track of my appearance everyday and just one fine day about 2 months later I saw the visible difference. I kept strictly to my IF timings - it would be easier if it becomes your routine and habit. If I do 1 meal a day consecutively, my % fat loss would be more pronounced and veins do pop up on my lower abs. But this will be tougher. I understand we may feel constrained by work or social or family factors to eat. But like what I said, just do it, and I have to do it the hard way. No short cuts.

Your hard work certainly paid off and the result is amazing! I used to be very lean but that was when I wasn't bogged down with work. I agree that IF is not easy and having to watch what I eat is even tougher. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, begleitung said:

So two months of IF is all it takes. 

ok, plus workout obviously, lol

🤦 have you read any of the previous advice given on those thread? 

14 hours ago, begleitung said:

I suppose u guys do not binge eat when u r allowed to ear during the eating period?

i guess not if you are still asking questions like this…

There is no magic solution and there are no shortcuts. Reduce calories, increase activity. That’s literally it. 

• 1 month later...

There is no magic formula for 6 pack abs, just discipline and patience. Qsefthu78 approach is the best one, especially for guys in their 40s. Intermittent fasting is more than just about eating in a time restricted window, I believe it provides so many other important healthy benefits. But I promise you that if you can do IF for 16 hours, 7 days a week and maintain a health diet as well as exercise, you will confirm get a 6 pack. It’s really only a question of how long it will take you. For me, I went from 94 kg down to 80 kg within 10 months.

22 hours ago, Guest Gymfit said:

There is no magic formula for 6 pack abs, just discipline and patience. Qsefthu78 approach is the best one, especially for guys in their 40s. Intermittent fasting is more than just about eating in a time restricted window, I believe it provides so many other important healthy benefits. But I promise you that if you can do IF for 16 hours, 7 days a week and maintain a health diet as well as exercise, you will confirm get a 6 pack. It’s really only a question of how long it will take you. For me, I went from 94 kg down to 80 kg within 10 months.

Lol, i don’t mind the fasting but the exercise bit is lacking. 

On 1/16/2023 at 8:39 PM, Guest Gymfit said:

That weight loss within such a short time is very impressive indeed! Good motivation for others :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this post is still here after 6 years and i already 48 yo nearing 49.

To update. I still maintain same diet and snacks a bit more normally swinging from 58 to 59kg. Whenever i reach 59kg i will feel stress and cut back down until 58kg and relax a bit again.

From last time until now still no gymming and only exercise 5 to 10mins on weekdays. On weekends i will find at least one day to run with friends 5km to 10km.

I can still maintain my abs after all these years but i want to cut those irritating fats from my waistline so that whenever i look into the mirror i can smile naturally.

This year i finally decided to remove those junk food that i added. This CNY i no longer buy the lou hei stuff with lots soaked extremely sweet melon slices, no more nian gao, no more spicy sweet tapioca, no more spicy sweet belinjo. no more pineapple tarts.... all these stuff i like but grow sick of it when i know its causing me get fat. Today i have given all those left over cracker type junk food away to my family and friends. I think i want to buy one last cheese pop corn to eat before fully phase out those cracker type junk food. After phasing out those cracker type junk food i will only eat nuts and fruits as snacks. Its time to get back the most rip body i once had during ns days and the days after i convert to vegetarian. The only junk food i never phase out at any point is those watery desserts and fruit type BBT. I can still eat happy and be rip, its just that i need to sacrifice some and retain some.

I wonder have the Thread Starter succeeded yet or already fail and given up

On 12/11/2022 at 11:05 PM, begleitung said:

I suppose u guys do not binge eat when u r allowed to ear during the eating period?

After practising intermittent fasting for a while, there is a limit on the capacity your stomach can take. As much as I want to eat my favourite food during the eating period, I get full very easily now. 

Eating clean  100% is absolutely more tortuous than fasting. The reward is always there after your fasting. 

On 2/2/2023 at 5:24 PM, radiusulnar said:

my dream. 6 pack at 50.

Its not a dream when you can maintain your diet and a bit of exercise until 50. You just need to tell yourself you can do it first

• 3 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.