Male HQ

Training 6 pack abs

Guest Transform

Guest Transform

Hi Brothers,

I want to train for my 6 pack abs.  Does doing sit up regularly useful?  Hope to post before and after pics to show the effect.  Can any bros advice me some tips for better results?  Thanks.

Stats : 36 175 85

Guest Transform
22 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Sit up does not help.  You need to shed body fat.  Sit up and crunches are just to make it pop out. 

Ok noted.  Will do more cardio and eat healthier.

It's all about what you eat and how much you burn. If you want abs you need to burn more than you eat, it's all maths. 175 85 will take awhile as it seems your body fat is pretty high, probably at least a year or more before you will see results. Lifting will also help.

4 minute quick exercise.  Invented by doctor tabata. 1 type of exercise do 20 seconds.  Rest 10 seconds. Another 7 different exercises. And same 10 seconds rest. Total 4 minutes.  Do as hard as you can. Till you fucking pant. That's the best.

Google for more details. 

Guest Transform
1 hour ago, Guest Muscle said:

It's all about what you eat and how much you burn. If you want abs you need to burn more than you eat, it's all maths. 175 85 will take awhile as it seems your body fat is pretty high, probably at least a year or more before you will see results. Lifting will also help.

Thanks bro.  85 is the last I weigh myself.  Don't really dare weigh myself again.  Probably 90 or more now.  Each time my office pants gets tighter.

Yah read about the calories thingy.  Really hard especially the diet part.  Tried before but just 1 time of indulging in food and that's it.  I can't stop and resist all this temptation.  Most I maintain is only for half a year and back to square one.

Lifting probably a problem. Used to spend in gym but it's like going once a week and drag further and lastly came to a stop.  Was relieve that it ends.  Anyway we can do at home without spending on equipment?

Wanna give myself a chance.  Read a survey here that most people prefer slim fit even as just being friend only.

Thanks bro.

Guest Transform
7 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

4 minute quick exercise.  Invented by doctor tabata. 1 type of exercise do 20 seconds.  Rest 10 seconds. Another 7 different exercises. And same 10 seconds rest. Total 4 minutes.  Do as hard as you can. Till you fucking pant. That's the best.

Google for more details. 

Nice infor bro.  Will check it in youtube.  Appreciate that.

Guest Transform
9 minutes ago, Relationship said:

Golden rule, no food after 830pm. Yes body fat reduce and this abs will be out. Try planking which does help. 

Hi relationship,

Noted with thanks.  830 sounds reasonable.

Will give it a try.

Anyone knows how do we measure body fats accurately?

When i look at your stats i definately know that it is your fat % problem. To train for a 6 pacs, the effort spend should be 80% on diet and 20% on exercise.

Dont ever think that u can out exercise a horrible diet. Even if you run 100km per day u wont win the fight against a horrible diet.

I have also been fat before. At the age of 35 is my worst weight when my stats are at 160cm and around 68kg. When i drastically change my diet within 1 year i drop 10kg to reach the idea weight of 58kg. I think i reach this weight in lesser than a year but i never measure until 1 year later. All the while i never go gym and exercise at home 10 to 15mins per day. The type of food i eat was changed but i made sure i am not in hunger mode. I stop eating red meat, fried food, gas drinks, cakes, cookies and all junk food. At night time i eat very low carb food.

After getting my idea weight i slack a little bit and eat some junk food when weight reach 60kg i panic again and diet back lol. I make sure i stand on my weighting machine every few days so that i know what had happen and immediately press the panic button if weight suddenly increases.

After a few years i changed my diet to full vegetarian, eating very healthy and low carb full at night time and i maintain my weight at 57kg. Now at the age of 42 i still maintain this weight. My profile is my current body and if this is wat u want than u should follow my way of eating and exercising. Unless u want a even more muscular body than me than u will need to go to the gym.

48 minutes ago, Guest Transform said:

Hi relationship,

Noted with thanks.  830 sounds reasonable.

Will give it a try.

Anyone knows how do we measure body fats accurately?

All body fat measuring machine measure differently. I think the more expansive ones that cost several hundred of dollars should be more accurate one. I measure using a Omron brand weighting machine that can analysis body fat% also. This machine can be found at some gyms too.

Guest Transform
2 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Google for more details. 

Bro this is so motivating.  Love the tabata song

Guest Transform
35 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

When i look at your stats i definately know that it is your fat % problem. To train for a 6 pacs, the effort spend should be 80% on diet and 20% on exercise.

Dont ever think that u can out exercise a horrible diet. Even if you run 100km per day u wont win the fight against a horrible diet.

I have also been fat before. At the age of 35 is my worst weight when my stats are at 160cm and around 68kg. When i drastically change my diet within 1 year i drop 10kg to reach the idea weight of 58kg. I think i reach this weight in lesser than a year but i never measure until 1 year later. All the while i never go gym and exercise at home 10 to 15mins per day. The type of food i eat was changed but i made sure i am not in hunger mode. I stop eating red meat, fried food, gas drinks, cakes, cookies and all junk food. At night time i eat very low carb food.

After getting my idea weight i slack a little bit and eat some junk food when weight reach 60kg i panic again and diet back lol. I make sure i stand on my weighting machine every few days so that i know what had happen and immediately press the panic button if weight suddenly increases.

After a few years i changed my diet to full vegetarian, eating very healthy and low carb full at night time and i maintain my weight at 57kg. Now at the age of 42 i still maintain this weight. My profile is my current body and if this is wat u want than u should follow my way of eating and exercising. Unless u want a even more muscular body than me than u will need to go to the gym.

Nice.  Bro do you have a link on what vegetables you eat and how do I prepare them.  just boiled?  I'm kinda a rice person.  Your avatar is small but can tell you have nice abs.  Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, Guest Transform said:

Nice.  Bro do you have a link on what vegetables you eat and how do I prepare them.  just boiled?  I'm kinda a rice person.  Your avatar is small but can tell you have nice abs.  Thanks so much!

If u are using PC just double click my picture a few times and u can see a big picture of me.

As for low carb low fat vegetables just eat all those vegetables grow above ground like leaves etc. Those vegetables grow underground mostly are higher carb like potatoes etc. If u are trying to slim down u definately need to eat much more low carb.

The vegetables i eat are spinach, water cress, kang kong, kai lan, red vegetables, brocolli, cauliflower, all kinds of sea weed, all kinds of mushroom and carrots.

The way i cook are just boil vegetables briefly and add some vegetarian oyster sauce or soya sauce

Eat some boil egg for some protein in the morning.

Eat all kind of fruits also for more health benefits.

Always drink lots of water to hydrate yourself. When u drink not enough water, your body might mistake it as hunger thus causing u to eat more than u really needed.

Always remember to eat until 70% full and not pass this threshold.

At night if still hungry, eat some nuts and seeds until u reach 70% full. Be mindful of how much u eat as seeds and nuts are high in fat but got lots of nutrients.

At night i also drink half a litre of soya milk each day. Soya milk can also be filling. Some people may say soya milk will make u have man boobs but look at my picture and it seems soya milk does not cause such things to me. Those with man boobs i believe is cause by weak health and also fat.

Since u are rice person i have to tell u also. Rice, bread, noodles, pasta etc are all high carb that will make u fat. Dont eat high carb food at night time.

You can try change rice into quinoa which is a much healthier choice.

My strategy way of eating is called vegetarian version of the ketogenic diet

Edited by yoyo74

In Tabata u can choose any exercise u want within the same timing in the video but this video is for high level strong people. This video u need several equipment normally not found in the house. He is also doing handstand without support which u need a very good balance skill. I can also do handstand with pushup but i never able to self learn the balance skill so i must always get wall to support me.

You try incorporate a few exercise in the tabata that is home friendly.

Edited by yoyo74

Guest Transform
6 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

If u are using PC just double click my picture a few times and u can see a big picture of me.

As for low carb low fat vegetables just eat all those vegetables grow above ground like leaves etc. Those vegetables grow underground mostly are higher carb like potatoes etc. If u are trying to slim down u definately need to eat much more low carb.

The vegetables i eat are spinach, water cress, kang kong, kai lan, red vegetables, brocolli, cauliflower, all kinds of sea weed, all kinds of mushroom and carrots.

The way i cook are just boil vegetables briefly and add some vegetarian oyster sauce or soya sauce

Always drink lots of water to hydrate yourself. When u drink not enough water, your body might mistake it as hunger thus causing u to eat more than u really needed.

At night if still hungry, eat some nuts and seeds until u reach 70% full. Be mindful of how much u eat as seeds and nuts are high in fat but got lots of nutrients.

At night i also drink half a litre of soya milk each day. Soya milk can also be filling. Some people may say soya milk will make u have man boobs but look at my picture and it seems soya milk does not cause such things to me. Those with man boobs i believe is cause by weak health and also fat.

Since u are rice person i have to tell u also. Rice, bread, noodles, pasta etc are all high carb that will make u fat. Dont eat high carb food at night time.

Nice infor.  Mostly will colleagues during lunch.  But probably I will just go for Yong Tau Fu but just choose the vegetables and also there is this Sunmoon with sell very nice looking salad.  

Will check out ketogenic diet.  Thanks bro!

Guest Transform
6 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

In Tabata u can choose any exercise u want within the same timing in the video but this video is for high level strong people. This video u need several equipment normally not found in the house. He is also doing handstand without support which u need a very good balance skill. I can also do handstand with pushup but i never able to self learn the balance skill so i must always get wall to support me.

You try incorporate a few exercise in the tabata that is home friendly.

I posted that cause the sound is catchy haha.  Will be trying at home but using this video instead.  "HIIT" method with one bro recommend.

Guest Transform
13 hours ago, Guest Transform said:

Hi Brothers,

I want to train for my 6 pack abs.  Does doing sit up regularly useful?  Hope to post before and after pics to show the effect.  Can any bros advice me some tips for better results?  Thanks.

Stats : 36 175 85

As of today morning after clearing out everything:

weight : 86kg

Guest Transform

12 Feb 2017

Weight : 86kg

1:15pm

Yong Tau Foo.  Ordered all vegetables.  Mineral water.  Feel lethargic and moody.

4:00pm

Llao Llao.  Ordered Sanum.  Comes with 2 crunch 3 fruits and 1 topping.  Can't help it as I was really craving for some sweet stuff.

7:00pm

Yoshinoya.  Salmon bowl.  Took 50% of rice.

8:30pm

Tabata workout.  4 mins x 4 sets (16 mins)  but I took about 30 mins as I am not familiar with the exercise.  Replaced one of the stun with easier one.

Remarks

Just feel kinda low energy today.  Might be due to my mind.  Hard to find food without carbor (rice/noodles/bread).  Seems hard to eat YTF with vegetables for all 3 meals.

42 minutes ago, Guest Transform said:

12 Feb 2017

Weight : 86kg

1:15pm

Yong Tau Foo.  Ordered all vegetables.  Mineral water.  Feel lethargic and moody.

Llao Llao.  Ordered Sanum.  Comes with 2 crunch 3 fruits and 1 topping.  Can't help it as I was really craving for some sweet stuff.

Yoshinoya.  Salmon bowl.  Took 50% of rice.

8:30pm

Tabata workout.  4 mins x 4 sets (16 mins)  but I took about 30 mins as I am not familiar with the exercise.  Replaced one of the stun with easier one.

Remarks

Just feel kinda low energy today.  Might be due to my mind.  Hard to find food without carbor (rice/noodles/bread).  Seems hard to eat YTF with vegetables for all 3 meals.

Your yong tau foo add 1 egg for protein while the rest remain as vegetables thats how i eat. At dinner your 50% rice is already carbo. If still hungry eat bit by bit some nuts until u reach 70% full. Before u eat anything do a water parade. At dinner u can be like me eat one whole pot of vegetables.

On 2/12/2017 at 2:27 AM, yoyo74 said:

On 2/12/2017 at 1:06 AM, Guest Transform said:

Seriously? If you want to go low carbs, you will not have the energy to do these work out. If you want to do high intensity training, you need a sufficient level of carbs. Most importantly eat healthily. You need to find a diet that you can stick to for a life! A diet that is not something you can maintain will not be beneficial to you on the long run. And I would say work on your exercise regime first. Most people cut this cut that, end up still stay the same because if you don't workout, you are not going to build muscles. I would recommend more weights training. Build muscles and increase your resting metabolic rate. Lol..i still take my carbs daily and my abs are still there. In fact if you look at athletes, they take in a lot of carbs. Its these stuff that helps you do more workouts and ultimately burn more calories in a day. Hit the gym, increase the workload, and if in doubt, go speak to the resident trainer at the gym. If you do not want to go to the gym, you can workout at home using bodyweight, but that won't bring you far. You eventually will need to head to the gym to increase the stimulus on the muscles for growth. Its good to see people sharing their diet here, but one has to know that not all body are the same. Its simply because if you were to calculate the resting energy expenditure, different body weight, age, etc will result in different resting metabolic rate (RMR). So if someone who has a higher RMR, and you take someone else's diet which happens to not supply you enough energy, and on top of that you don't do resistance training, you will end up losing muscle mass. That will not be ideal.

13 minutes ago, xydboy said:

Seriously? If you want to go low carbs, you will not have the energy to do these work out. If you want to do high intensity training, you need a sufficient level of carbs. Most importantly eat healthily. You need to find a diet that you can stick to for a life! A diet that is not something you can maintain will not be beneficial to you on the long run. And I would say work on your exercise regime first. Most people cut this cut that, end up still stay the same because if you don't workout, you are not going to build muscles. I would recommend more weights training. Build muscles and increase your resting metabolic rate. Lol..i still take my carbs daily and my abs are still there. In fact if you look at athletes, they take in a lot of carbs. Its these stuff that helps you do more workouts and ultimately burn more calories in a day. Hit the gym, increase the workload, and if in doubt, go speak to the resident trainer at the gym. If you do not want to go to the gym, you can workout at home using bodyweight, but that won't bring you far. You eventually will need to head to the gym to increase the stimulus on the muscles for growth. Its good to see people sharing their diet here, but one has to know that not all body are the same. Its simply because if you were to calculate the resting energy expenditure, different body weight, age, etc will result in different resting metabolic rate (RMR). So if someone who has a higher RMR, and you take someone else's diet which happens to not supply you enough energy, and on top of that you don't do resistance training, you will end up losing muscle mass. That will not be ideal.

Actually my diet plan can be maintain easily by me due to my likes and dislike of food. I had seen to much of the slaughter house and it causes me feel great pain, anger and fear and it leads to the motivation to go fully vegetarian and this motivation can persist forever easily. Couple with my successes to slim down and maintain is even greater motivation. I have already been on these diet for the last 7 years. I occasionally purposely go and look at all those nice smelling meat that i once love to eat and i can ascertain that i had already totally destroy my cravings for it.

As for the exercise part, I dont go gymming. I only exercise 10 to 15mins at home during weekdays and run 1 day during weekend around 5km with my running group.

I believe my diet and exercise plan is effective for all that wanted to slim down.

I am already 42 and my metabolic rate already extremely low. I had chosen the route that is more easier for me that is more strict on diet and exercise a little bit.

I am also extremely healthy and for the last 2 years i never even taken a single MC. The only problem with me is i seem to be very weak against cold temperature and my body much colder than others. I believe most probably cause by my lower metabolism and also i hate to eat food like garlic, onion and ginger that makes the body warmer.

It depends on whether TS only want to just get my type of body shape or the much more muscular type. If he want a more muscular body than me than he definately needs to go gym.

Guest Transform

You guys are really great.

Bro xydboy.  Muscle is good as it can burn more effectively.  But will doing those basic workout develop muscle (e.g.  HIIT/tabata)?  Probably I can try push up as my body weight might helps in a way without going to the gyms.

Bro yoyo74

Feel great in the morning =).  Somehow I think my body looks different today after the hangover.

I understand that to lose weight, my calories per day shd be lower and to put in some exercise.

Does lower calories = low carbohydrates?  Current plan is to shed some weight approx 10kg.  After my tummy is firmer, I probably will increase the abs workout.

Guest Transform

13 Feb 2017

Weight : 85.3kg

8:30am

Fried Bee Hoon with egg

12:30pm

Mixed vege rice.  3 vegetables + 50% rice

3:00pm

Papaya

YTF.  All vegetables + 2 boiled egg white

8:00pm

2.5km consistent very slow jog + 2.5km on and off jog

Remarks

Feeling great in the morning.  After lunch was bad.  Feel hungry and snack a papaya.

10 hours ago, Guest Transform said:

You guys are really great.

Bro xydboy.  Muscle is good as it can burn more effectively.  But will doing those basic workout develop muscle (e.g.  HIIT/tabata)?  Probably I can try push up as my body weight might helps in a way without going to the gyms.

Bro yoyo74

Feel great in the morning =).  Somehow I think my body looks different today after the hangover.

I understand that to lose weight, my calories per day shd be lower and to put in some exercise.

Does lower calories = low carbohydrates?  Current plan is to shed some weight approx 10kg.  After my tummy is firmer, I probably will increase the abs workout.

Push ups is a good start. Most importantly is that you keep increasing the stimulus if you want muscles to grow. Basic principles of training: progression and overload. As for lower calories and low carbs. Low carbs doesn't necessary mean low calories, vice versa. As for abs workout, please don't do crunches or sit ups, it's not going to really work the entire core. Core exercises are beyond the abs, it includes muscles like the back, the obliques, etc. Hence, my reason for heading to the gym because many of these exercises would require the bar. Bodyweight is alright for a start but eventually you need to move on. If i were you, I would do more resistance training. Cardio training is good, but I would want to work on something which you are good at. Do not belittle your quads. People who are larger in weight have a larger amount of mass to begin with as compared to leaner people when training status are held the same. So use that to your advantage. Develop from there and you will feel more positive and good about yourself. For clients like yourself, I would make sure to add deadlifts, squats and many other core movements involving major muscle groups. Just want to remove the notion that you have to do HIIT or cardio just to lose fat. There are many other ways. I wouldn't want to do sprints or jumps when you do not have any fundamental strength to begin with. You end up feeling pain in your knees more which could pull you further away from physical activity. Like I mentioned, when in doubt, seek professional help.

16 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

Actually my diet plan can be maintain easily by me due to my likes and dislike of food. I had seen to much of the slaughter house and it causes me feel great pain, anger and fear and it leads to the motivation to go fully vegetarian and this motivation can persist forever easily. Couple with my successes to slim down and maintain is even greater motivation. I have already been on these diet for the last 7 years. I occasionally purposely go and look at all those nice smelling meat that i once love to eat and i can ascertain that i had already totally destroy my cravings for it.

As for the exercise part, I dont go gymming. I only exercise 10 to 15mins at home during weekdays and run 1 day during weekend around 5km with my running group.

I believe my diet and exercise plan is effective for all that wanted to slim down.

I am already 42 and my metabolic rate already extremely low. I had chosen the route that is more easier for me that is more strict on diet and exercise a little bit.

I am also extremely healthy and for the last 2 years i never even taken a single MC. The only problem with me is i seem to be very weak against cold temperature and my body much colder than others. I believe most probably cause by my lower metabolism and also i hate to eat food like garlic, onion and ginger that makes the body warmer.

It depends on whether TS only want to just get my type of body shape or the much more muscular type. If he want a more muscular body than me than he definately needs to go gym.

Maintained by you but not necessarily something which others can maintain. When it comes to weight loss, its eventually down to the foundation: calories in vs calories out. Long time ago they did a research, just feed the person apple, end up also can lose weight. But yes, like i've previously mentioned, to reduce lean muscle mass loss, it is important to participate in resistance training as part of a routine. How many percent diet how many percent physical activity, that figure is arbitrary. No scientific evidence have suggested or prove the numbers. But what matters more is to do them both. Its part of the recommended guidelines for exercise anyway. People have to clock 150 mins per week of aerobic training at moderate intensity and also 2-3 times a week of resistance training involving major muscle groups. The argument is not about who follow who's diet or exercise plan, but its boils down to adhering the exercise guidelines to ensure everyone leads a healthful lifestyle.

Guest Transform
43 minutes ago, xydboy said:

Push ups is a good start. Most importantly is that you keep increasing the stimulus if you want muscles to grow. Basic principles of training: progression and overload. As for lower calories and low carbs. Low carbs doesn't necessary mean low calories, vice versa. As for abs workout, please don't do crunches or sit ups, it's not going to really work the entire core. Core exercises are beyond the abs, it includes muscles like the back, the obliques, etc. Hence, my reason for heading to the gym because many of these exercises would require the bar. Bodyweight is alright for a start but eventually you need to move on. If i were you, I would do more resistance training. Cardio training is good, but I would want to work on something which you are good at. Do not belittle your quads. People who are larger in weight have a larger amount of mass to begin with as compared to leaner people when training status are held the same. So use that to your advantage. Develop from there and you will feel more positive and good about yourself. For clients like yourself, I would make sure to add deadlifts, squats and many other core movements involving major muscle groups. Just want to remove the notion that you have to do HIIT or cardio just to lose fat. There are many other ways. I wouldn't want to do sprints or jumps when you do not have any fundamental strength to begin with. You end up feeling pain in your knees more which could pull you further away from physical activity. Like I mentioned, when in doubt, seek professional help.

I did sign up for gym at FF before.  The instructor was really good (3 free trial).  Enjoyed boxing most.  2 weeks in pain after that.  Seems like body being ripped open.  Where do you gym at?  Thanks for all these details!

50 minutes ago, xydboy said:

Maintained by you but not necessarily something which others can maintain. When it comes to weight loss, its eventually down to the foundation: calories in vs calories out. Long time ago they did a research, just feed the person apple, end up also can lose weight. But yes, like i've previously mentioned, to reduce lean muscle mass loss, it is important to participate in resistance training as part of a routine. How many percent diet how many percent physical activity, that figure is arbitrary. No scientific evidence have suggested or prove the numbers. But what matters more is to do them both. Its part of the recommended guidelines for exercise anyway. People have to clock 150 mins per week of aerobic training at moderate intensity and also 2-3 times a week of resistance training involving major muscle groups. The argument is not about who follow who's diet or exercise plan, but its boils down to adhering the exercise guidelines to ensure everyone leads a healthful lifestyle.

One had to try out than will know if he can maintain the diet or not. As for gym training, not everybody had the luxury of the extra time, money and energy after long working hours. My way is just another alternative way to be healthy and slim down with much lesser effort.

When one grows older, one will becomes weaker and gyming will become even harder for them. Those who are handicap will also be unable to gym. Dieting will become a much more important factor for them to stay healthy.

There are many different diets to choose from. I am just showing one of the diets which is successful for me to slim down fast and healthy so that others can take me as a reference and not waste time finding diet that wont work.

13 Feb 2017

Weight : 85.3kg

Fried Bee Hoon with egg

Mixed vege rice.  3 vegetables + 50% rice

3:00pm

Papaya

YTF.  All vegetables + 2 boiled egg white

8:00pm

2.5km consistent very slow jog + 2.5km on and off jog

Remarks

Feeling great in the morning.  After lunch was bad.  Feel hungry and snack a papaya.

Change your fried bee hoon and white rice which is carbo into complex carbo of brown rice, red rice or sweet potatoes etc. You may want to try to use quinoa to replace them also but it will be more costly than rice. And yes if feel hungry snack on fruits or nuts or seed is the right snack to eat.

Edited by yoyo74

Guest Transform
22 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

Change your fried bee hoon and white rice which is carbo into complex carbo of brown rice, red rice or sweet potatoes etc. You may want to try to use quinoa to replace them also but it will be more costly than rice. And yes if feel hungry snack on fruits or nuts or seed is the right snack to eat.

Ok thanks.  I will try to cause it hard to find people selling brown rice etc around my office.  Quinoa is it the one that looks like bird seeds?  Tried before.  Not use to it but not bad too.  =)

Guest Transform

14 Feb 2017

Weight : 84.8kg

Sardine sandwich.  Apple

10:30am

Peanuts.  Took 5 but end up taking 10.

Mixed vege rice.  4 vegetables + 70% rice

Ajisen Rasen.  Huge whole with additional bowl of curry soup.  Side dish Takoyaki × 3

9:15pm

Tabata workout.  4 mins x 2 sets (8 mins).  Some random push up (lady style)/ crunches and resistant band.

Remarks

Feeling great in the morning.  Ate slightly more in the afternoon.  Not as lethargic probably due to more carbo.  Evening had dinner with my man.  Heavy dinner and kinda guilty.  Took my weight and seems like back to square one.  Really miss my coffee (missed 2 rounds of Starbucks).

Guest Sport-coholic
On 13/02/2017 at 10:32 PM, yoyo74 said:

When one grows older, one will becomes weaker and gyming will become even harder for them. Those who are handicap will also be unable to gym.

'When one grows older, one will becomes weaker and gyming will become even harder for them.' - All the more one should start early. There's even Crossfit programs cater for senior citizens in Singapore leh.

'Those who are handicap will also be unable to gym. ' - So you mean our Paralympics athletes like Yip Ping Xiu and Theresa Goh don't do weight training?

Edited by Sport-coholic

2 hours ago, Guest Transform said:

Ok thanks.  I will try to cause it hard to find people selling brown rice etc around my office.  Quinoa is it the one that looks like bird seeds?  Tried before.  Not use to it but not bad too.  =)

Actually several vegetarian stalls in hawker center and restaurants sell brown rice, only need to be lucky to find them near our home or work area. Quinoa is tasteless and is a type of very small seeds which comes with either white or black or red in colour. You most probably can find quinoa at organic food stalls.

On 2/13/2017 at 10:01 PM, Guest Transform said:

I did sign up for gym at FF before.  The instructor was really good (3 free trial).  Enjoyed boxing most.  2 weeks in pain after that.  Seems like body being ripped open.  Where do you gym at?  Thanks for all these details!

I gym at FF. No problem, would love to help you as much as I can. Do pick my brains. I'm always around to help those who are willing to help themselves.

On 2/13/2017 at 10:32 PM, yoyo74 said:

One had to try out than will know if he can maintain the diet or not. As for gym training, not everybody had the luxury of the extra time, money and energy after long working hours. My way is just another alternative way to be healthy and slim down with much lesser effort.

When one grows older, one will becomes weaker and gyming will become even harder for them. Those who are handicap will also be unable to gym. Dieting will become a much more important factor for them to stay healthy.

There are many different diets to choose from. I am just showing one of the diets which is successful for me to slim down fast and healthy so that others can take me as a reference and not waste time finding diet that wont work.

Point no.1: You reap what you sow. Many other people do not have the time, money and energy as well. That should not be used as a valid excuse, Similarly to elite athletes, they too do not have the energy after work but yet still required to excel. Its a matter of choice.

Point no.2: Not all diets would work for an individual. What might work for you might not work for others. Eg. keto diets would be ideal for endomorphs but not necessarily useful for ectomorphs.

6 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

'When one grows older, one will becomes weaker and gyming will become even harder for them.' - All the more one should start early. There's even Crossfit programs cater for senior citizens in Singapore leh.

'Those who are handicap will also be unable to gym. ' - So you mean our Paralympics like Yip Ping Xiu and Theresa don't do weight training?

You exactly read what was in my mind! Kudos! =)

7 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

'Those who are handicap will also be unable to gym. ' - So you mean our Paralympics like Yip Ping Xiu and Theresa don't do weight training?

If the handicap is without both hands than how to gym lol. The most he can do is only leg exercise. Life is not a bed of roses for everybody where they can always have a choice to gym.

Edited by yoyo74

1 hour ago, xydboy said:

Point no.1: You reap what you sow. Many other people do not have the time, money and energy as well. That should not be used as a valid excuse, Similarly to elite athletes, they too do not have the energy after work but yet still required to excel. Its a matter of choice.

Point no.2: Not all diets would work for an individual. What might work for you might not work for others. Eg. keto diets would be ideal for endomorphs but not necessarily useful for ectomorphs.

Point no. 1: Of cause everybody reap what they sow but i wanna let those that chosen not to gym to have an alternate path to slim down and still look great with minimum effort.

Point no. 2: Not all diets work the same for an individual and also not all exercise work the same for an individual. I had in my post given an example of myself doing the keto diets changing me from fat to idea weight within one year and of cause the opposite skinny ones should not be taking it as an reference. My sentence clearly state my body shape doing those keto diets and its for people to take as reference.

4 minutes ago, Guest Transform said:

Bad sore throat.  Not sure if it due to sudden surge of carb or calories...Getting to work.

Bad sore throat try Fisherman Friend it always work great for me

Guest Tranform
1 hour ago, yoyo74 said:

Bad sore throat try Fisherman Friend it always work great for me

Just happen that I have one last piece left (honey & lemon flav).  Thanks, felt much better after sucking one.

Guest Transform

15 Feb 2017

Weight : 85.5kg

Sardine sandwich.  Apple

Vegetarian stall.  4 vegetables + 70% brown rice

Peanuts x10

Vegetarian stall.  4 vegetables + 70% brown 

8:15pm

Brisk walking.  5km

Remarks

Weigh increase due to Valentine's dinner.  Hard to go for low carb (will try subsitute simple carbo to complex carbo as much as possible).  Saw mum bought food to prepare for dinners.  Probably will just eat whatever she cooks but lesser white rice.  Anyway feeling good =)

This weekends will be tougher as I have events at MBS x 3 full days.  Might not have time to workout.

21 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

Point no. 1: Of cause everybody reap what they sow but i wanna let those that chosen not to gym to have an alternate path to slim down and still look great with minimum effort.

Point no. 2: Not all diets work the same for an individual and also not all exercise work the same for an individual. I had in my post given an example of myself doing the keto diets changing me from fat to idea weight within one year and of cause the opposite skinny ones should not be taking it as an reference. My sentence clearly state my body shape doing those keto diets and its for people to take as reference.

Logical fallacy here. Very bold for you to state that not all exercise work the same for an individual. Any evidence to substantiate your point? My point is that you cannot have a blanket statement across to resolve the same issue. Because fundamentally it is different to begin with. I acknowledge your help in providing reference for people, but you risk people developing issues later in life. Likewise I do not encourage people to provide dietary plans, neither do I myself provide dietary plans (despite myself having a post-grad qualification in sports science); I merely state the guidelines and recommendations. You do not want the person to take your statement, do something about it, and if something happens to the individual, are you responsible? Furthermore, without further obtaining information on allergies, intolerances, medical conditions etc, dashing out plans is like running straight out blind folded, not knowing what is to come. Its up right asking for trouble. You do know that keto diet isn't suitable if one were to have certain medication conditions (e.g. epilepsy). That's the reason why we shouldn't give blanket statement. If we truly want to help someone, we should at least probe further first and get some info before anything. As for dietary prescription, I would leave that to the dieticians. The usual case: recommendations according to guidelines are usually safe.

Guest Sport-coholic
On ‎15‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:43 AM, yoyo74 said:

If the handicap is without both hands than how to gym lol. The most he can do is only leg exercise. Life is not a bed of roses for everybody where they can always have a choice to gym.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/veteranvobora/former-nfl-player-david-vobora-trains-war-veterans-back-brink

For your reading, thanks.

20 hours ago, xydboy said:

Logical fallacy here. Very bold for you to state that not all exercise work the same for an individual. Any evidence to substantiate your point? My point is that you cannot have a blanket statement across to resolve the same issue. Because fundamentally it is different to begin with. I acknowledge your help in providing reference for people, but you risk people developing issues later in life. Likewise I do not encourage people to provide dietary plans, neither do I myself provide dietary plans (despite myself having a post-grad qualification in sports science); I merely state the guidelines and recommendations. You do not want the person to take your statement, do something about it, and if something happens to the individual, are you responsible? Furthermore, without further obtaining information on allergies, intolerances, medical conditions etc, dashing out plans is like running straight out blind folded, not knowing what is to come. Its up right asking for trouble. You do know that keto diet isn't suitable if one were to have certain medication conditions (e.g. epilepsy). That's the reason why we shouldn't give blanket statement. If we truly want to help someone, we should at least probe further first and get some info before anything. As for dietary prescription, I would leave that to the dieticians. The usual case: recommendations according to guidelines are usually safe.

I am not forcing people to change to my diet plans i am just making it as a reference to others that they dont need to go to the gym to get 6 pacs if they dont have the time, the money and the energy to go to the gym. I am the standing evidence that my diet plan can get abs and be healthy and that is the main point and also on the topic of 6 pacs abs but u keep insisting must gym as if getting 6 pacs abs must follow your way or will have seriously consequences.

The ketogenic diet means low carbs high fat diet and all who do it most probably doing it differently as there is so many different variety of food. As for allergies, intolerence and medical conditions, one need to study the diet first before they try it. I am sure many of the food in the diet most people had already eaten and is proven to be safe for them. If they seen some food they had not try before than they had to do some research. There are plenty of other replacement food if one food does not work. Even gymming if not done correctly, they will also get seriously injury if they dont follow procedure and are you going to be responsible for them since you insist all to gym? One thing i need to point to you is that nobody is going to be responsible for anything for any reference. Asking me to be responsible for something i share that works for me is the same as someone falls down in the gym and ask you to be responsible for it. Adding another example, since there is already disaster at olympics where atheletes doing deadlift broke their arm so are you also going to tell others not to do deadlift and if they also happens to break their arm are you going to be responsible also?

Edited by yoyo74

2 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

Ok have seen the link and the handicap people inside is different from the point i am saying as they still got at least one hand to gym or exercise. What my point is talking about those fully handicap where they dont have both hands to even exercise or even worse no hands no legs. My point still stays, those who are unable to gym had to choose a proper diet to stay healthy.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.