Male HQ

NINTENDO SWITCH!

geoduckling

14 hours ago, Soulmates said:

Sadly I don't PoGo!

I need Alakazam, Golem, Machamp, and most of the Pokemon exclusive to Pikachu.

For Alakazam, Golem, Machamp and Gengar, you need to find someone to trade with you, I am okay to help you trade-evolve them. :) Just let me know what Pokemon you need (that you don’t have) and I’ll find a time to trade with you :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sirius said:

What are all ur thoughts on the pokemon sword & shield triller?

Game trailer looks unpolished at the moment, but judging from the art style, seems to be roughly similar to Sun Moon's direction, but much closer to the engine they were using for Town. 

I love all  the three starters and it's been a while since I can't decide which Starter Pokemon I would like to choose, which is good. 

I think they are just using unpolished graphics for now to demo how the game would look like, seeing as how there are some areas on the map that needs fixing in terms of shading, lightning composition and etc. The Galar map looks huge, and I am reserving my comments on it. Seeing as how they release the map so soon, I believe there are much more details that they would've kept from us. Likewise for some of the game's feature as well. Hopefully this pair of games are much bigger than I am expecting them to be.

rsz_persona-5-illustration-111.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Lucas_L said:

I heard it’s very grindy? Played the first xenoblade on 3DS and loved it. Maybe I should get x2

Haha it is a jrpg at heart still so u can't escape the grinding. In fact I think its one of the less grindy ones.. probably because the battle system is very complex and fun.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Not being fan of handheld and mobile gaming in general, I resisted getting Switch for a long time but bought it eventually. Now I cant put it down. I love JRPGs and currently looking for a next game to play... What would you suggest out of these two: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Octopath Traveler?

@atram Personally if you love JRPG i think Octopath is a better JRPG of the two. Both games are grindy but I feel XenoBlade is MUCH MUCH more grindier. Octopath have great music, great story, great combat system but might bother some people because its like a 2D game but thats where the charm is at.

Not sure if you have tried but Breath of the Wild is a must play and if you can wait in a couple of month Dragon Quest 11: Echoes of an Elusive Age is gonna come on switch...

Anyway this 2nd half of the year is an amazing treat for RPG player who owns switch!!

3 hours ago, chubbyness said:

@atram Personally if you love JRPG i think Octopath is a better JRPG of the two. Both games are grindy but I feel XenoBlade is MUCH MUCH more grindier. Octopath have great music, great story, great combat system but might bother some people because its like a 2D game but thats where the charm is at.

Not sure if you have tried but Breath of the Wild is a must play and if you can wait in a couple of month Dragon Quest 11: Echoes of an Elusive Age is gonna come on switch...

Anyway this 2nd half of the year is an amazing treat for RPG player who owns switch!!

I played BOTW. Got it with the device and loved every second of it (except the item durability system).

I am sure I will eventually get both those games because the general consensus is that both games are good. I love the 2D look of Octopath because it reminds me of old Final Fantasy games.

I already played Dragon Quest XI on PC, but I dont mind getting it and playing it again on Switch because it was really good.

4 hours ago, top_suck said:

Same as me.. hahha

9 hours ago, Bobadin said:

Hey yall, anyone wants to play super smash bros ultimate together? 

Don't have much time to commit to a jrpg, hais

Haha, I get you guys. It is not like I have the time and I am glad when I squeeze few minutes of playtime during commuting. So, any typical jrpg lasts me forever.

55 minutes ago, Atram said:

Haha, I get you guys. It is not like I have the time and I am glad when I squeeze few minutes of playtime during commuting. So, any typical jrpg lasts me forever.

hahah I can't! I need to binge play rpgs haha

usually i will stop after a major milestone like a boss or questline so I can't commit

5 hours ago, Bobadin said:

hahah I can't! I need to binge play rpgs haha

usually i will stop after a major milestone like a boss or questline so I can't commit

I hear you... but at least the ever present jrpg grinding is a good companion for short travels.

Actually, come to think of it, I properly enjoyed a long game only when I was on holiday, haha

42 minutes ago, Shoo said:

Got an xbox one x I'm not using. Is it a good idea to sell go to switch

I think that depends on what kind of games you enjoy. Switch can be both home console and/or portable device. I would suggest to go through available titles to see if there is anything of interest to you and then I would decide.

Otherwise, I myself wonder if xbox will be needed in the future at all, as Microsoft is one of those companies trying to push their xCloud game streaming service, while at the same time bringing more and more exclusive games to all the remaining platforms.

3 hours ago, Atram said:

I hear you... but at least the ever present jrpg grinding is a good companion for short travels.

Actually, come to think of it, I properly enjoyed a long game only when I was on holiday, haha

Wah so true! Sadly i dont have holidays anymore :(

14 hours ago, Bobadin said:

Wah so true! Sadly i dont have holidays anymore :(

So, what would you suggest to play that is interesting enough for a short and infrequent playing sessions? I cant stand mobile games so that limits my options, haha

Actually i would really recommend Binding Of Isaac, Dead Cell and Slay the Spiral. This 3 game are rogue like and their replayability is out of this world. I have easily 300 hour on isaac on my switch and around 400 hours on my PC... Rogue like game is fun but with Switch coming out with this titles, you can stop and carry on playing anytime you want which removes the only cons on playing roguelike on PC. For all this game, a good full run usually take around 30 - 40 mins. So far dead cell has been a game worth buying, they have thrown out 2 DLC for free and really makes the gameplay fresh and new every update.

If you like relaxing game, stardew valley is on switch too, grow some crops, squeeze some cow for milk, slay some monster in the cave...

On 7/22/2019 at 12:39 PM, chubbyness said:

Actually i would really recommend Binding Of Isaac, Dead Cell and Slay the Spiral. This 3 game are rogue like and their replayability is out of this world. I have easily 300 hour on isaac on my switch and around 400 hours on my PC... Rogue like game is fun but with Switch coming out with this titles, you can stop and carry on playing anytime you want which removes the only cons on playing roguelike on PC. For all this game, a good full run usually take around 30 - 40 mins. So far dead cell has been a game worth buying, they have thrown out 2 DLC for free and really makes the gameplay fresh and new every update.

If you like relaxing game, stardew valley is on switch too, grow some crops, squeeze some cow for milk, slay some monster in the cave...

I had no idea Dead Cells is on Switch. I have it on PC and dont like to play it because when I have the time to play, I usually want to play something longer and that is definitely not a short burst of Dead Cells, so, as you mentioned, the gameplay will be definitely more suited for short travel times... thanks for the tip. 

As for the Stardew Valley, I have it on PC as well and I spent so much time playing it, that I cant imagine doing the same on switch, haha

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NS 2019

^There is a new switch coming out soon-ish, in 2 days or something. With longer battery life. 
Unless you don't mind Gen 1. Qoo10 or something might have decent offers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 5:26 PM, MalayWoodlands said:

Any thoughts on the Switch Lite? Was thinking of getting it

Only if you are intending to use it completely in portable mode. It cannot dock/output to TV at all. Also, battery life is not great as the recently updated classic Switch model. Also no removing of joycons to play local 2-player.  So in a way, it's like a very powerful PSVITA that plays all the Switch games. haha. They look very pretty though.

14 hours ago, Soulmates said:

I ordered the dual pack because I like both wolves :D

Just got it last Friday and the first Bayonetta is via download only. Maybe next time I should read the information more carefully... still, absolutely amazing game.

Speaking of Bayonetta, what about Astral Chain? New game by the same studio?

27 minutes ago, Atram said:

Just got it last Friday and the first Bayonetta is via download only. Maybe next time I should read the information more carefully... still, absolutely amazing game.

Speaking of Bayonetta, what about Astral Chain? New game by the same studio?

I really don't game much on Switch, tbvh I only bought it for Pokemon... Hahah.

But I pre-ordered the Digimon Cyber Sleuth/ Hacker's Memory Dual too because I really had alot of fun on my PS4 versions, except the grinding but I am well trained by Pokemon for that haha.

I don't really like most graphics for Switch but I'll check the games you mentioned out!

For me I prefers graphics like Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.