Male HQ

NINTENDO SWITCH!

geoduckling

3 hours ago, Kkklaus said:

Hey, just wondering if it's worth getting a nintendo switch now, or is nintendo coming out with a newer console soon. Plus last i heard they have limited games for now. What about now? 

considered getting one too. Just get it. A lot of titles, but most of them can be purchased in Japan

Edited by twosixtwo

On 3/4/2018 at 7:27 PM, Kkklaus said:

Hey, just wondering if it's worth getting a nintendo switch now, or is nintendo coming out with a newer console soon. Plus last i heard they have limited games for now. What about now? 

The Switch just celebrated its first year, so no, there isn't going to be a new one anytime soon. Also, Kinishima also expressed that he is planning to extend Switch (and possibly future console) lifespan by a year or 2. Stretching it to 7 years. 

So to answer your question, yeah now would be a good  time to buy Switch. Question now is, what games do you have in mind that you'd like to play?

rsz_persona-5-illustration-111.jpg

On 3/4/2018 at 6:43 PM, qiye said:

hello everyone.

I have gotten a switch recently too, mind adding me as friend?

my friend code: SW-1760-8890-3319

Thank you :) 

Hi! Will add you when im home. you can track back a few pages ahead, someone compiled a list of friendcodes of everyone in this thread.

20 hours ago, EasleyLim said:

I'm seriously considering getting a switch since Bayonetta 3 is confirmed. But I think they'll do a port to PC soon & nothing else from switch interest me.  

Someone convince me to get switch pls. 

I doubt a port of Bayo3 would be going to PC so soon, seeing as how they only did Bayo1 port for PC. Bayo2 and 3 are now exclusive to Sega and Nintendo, so unless Nintendo is willing to share, I don't foresee it going to PC so soon. 

Also, what sort of games are you into? JRPG? FPS? Racing? If Payday2 and Wolfenstein2 are you type of game, I'd recommend you getting one since  you can play them  on the go. 

3 minutes ago, 13579 said:

The Switch just celebrated its first year, so no, there isn't going to be a new one anytime soon. Also, Kinishima also expressed that he is planning to extend Switch (and possibly future console) lifespan by a year or 2. Stretching it to 7 years. 

So to answer your question, yeah now would be a good  time to buy Switch. Question now is, what games do you have in mind that you'd like to play?

I have a Nintendo 3DS. I usually get a nintendo portable console just so i can keep up with the Pokemon series. But i did try monster hunter kinda like it. Plus games these days are played better with ppl. So unless i can find ppl to play common games with me, then maybe I'll reconsider

Just now, Kkklaus said:

I have a Nintendo 3DS. I usually get a nintendo portable console just so i can keep up with the Pokemon series. But i did try monster hunter kinda like it. Plus games these days are played better with ppl. So unless i can find ppl to play common games with me, then maybe I'll reconsider

Pokemon just finished of it's last 3DS series with USUM, and they've already announced a Pokemon game for Nintendo Switch (which is huge because it's the first time Pokemon is coming to a traditional home console, althought Switch is not your traditional console). Improved graphics and a stronger power for GameFreak to abuse, the visual aspect for Pokemon will definitely be more impactful as when SuMo was launched. As of now, it's  2018 or later, no confirmed dates (but the community seems to be thirsty for more info). And yes, some games when played together are a lot better, i.e Splatoon2, Arms, Rocket League, Overcooked. Some single playing game allows you to share your experiences with others, like Zelda. I was talking to my friend and sharing about the difficulty of the Blight bosses and which one we took on first.

majority of the people in this thread seems to be playing with Mario Kart 8 and Pokken. I'd suggest you check out games on YouTube and see which games interests you.

I am currently playing Bayonetta 2, soon Kirby Star Allies. I am finishing up Super Mario Odyssey as well  as my Master Sword Trial and have to eventually embark on my Four Champions Ballad in Breath of The Wild. I, too am waiting for the Pokemon game to drop. 

1 minute ago, 13579 said:

Pokemon just finished of it's last 3DS series with USUM, and they've already announced a Pokemon game for Nintendo Switch (which is huge because it's the first time Pokemon is coming to a traditional home console, althought Switch is not your traditional console). Improved graphics and a stronger power for GameFreak to abuse, the visual aspect for Pokemon will definitely be more impactful as when SuMo was launched. As of now, it's  2018 or later, no confirmed dates (but the community seems to be thirsty for more info). And yes, some games when played together are a lot better, i.e Splatoon2, Arms, Rocket League, Overcooked. Some single playing game allows you to share your experiences with others, like Zelda. I was talking to my friend and sharing about the difficulty of the Blight bosses and which one we took on first.

majority of the people in this thread seems to be playing with Mario Kart 8 and Pokken. I'd suggest you check out games on YouTube and see which games interests you.

I am currently playing Bayonetta 2, soon Kirby Star Allies. I am finishing up Super Mario Odyssey as well  as my Master Sword Trial and have to eventually embark on my Four Champions Ballad in Breath of The Wild. I, too am waiting for the Pokemon game to drop. 

hahahs yes i saw Splatoon. although i never played it before, it looks like something i will enjoy. Pokken too! Are the game generally expensive?

1 minute ago, Kkklaus said:

hahahs yes i saw Splatoon. although i never played it before, it looks like something i will enjoy. Pokken too! Are the game generally expensive?

$60ish $70? Do keep an eye out for Shoppee promos. They have offers and can be quite cheap. Splatoon is fun if you have a big community to play with, there's frequent meet up for SG Switch on Facebook, and they meet up to play Splatoon. Very often.

If you're a fan of Pokemon and love fighting games, Pokken is something you can try. It's Tekken like, but Pokemon. I believe they have plans to expand its roster, currently we have Aegislash and Blastoise as new fighters via DLC (paid). Pokken is also good to imagine how a HD Pokemon game would look like :3 

If you're into something different and fun, you can check out Super Mario Odyssey. 

6 minutes ago, 13579 said:

$60ish $70? Do keep an eye out for Shoppee promos. They have offers and can be quite cheap. Splatoon is fun if you have a big community to play with, there's frequent meet up for SG Switch on Facebook, and they meet up to play Splatoon. Very often.

If you're a fan of Pokemon and love fighting games, Pokken is something you can try. It's Tekken like, but Pokemon. I believe they have plans to expand its roster, currently we have Aegislash and Blastoise as new fighters via DLC (paid). Pokken is also good to imagine how a HD Pokemon game would look like :3 

If you're into something different and fun, you can check out Super Mario Odyssey. 

Thanks! I probably get it as soon as my pay comes this week. Still in NS so i dont earn much XD. Any idea where i can get them for a reasonable price?

1 minute ago, Kkklaus said:

Thanks! I probably get it as soon as my pay comes this week. Still in NS so i dont earn much XD. Any idea where i can get them for a reasonable price?

Games or Switch? I'd say keep your eyes peeled for offers from Shoppee on Facebook. Follow them, otherwise can check out QIshan, TOG. They should fairly decent prices. Amazon also have good deals from time to time, so you have to keep your eyes peeled and stay informed. :P

1 minute ago, 13579 said:

Games or Switch? I'd say keep your eyes peeled for offers from Shoppee on Facebook. Follow them, otherwise can check out QIshan, TOG. They should fairly decent prices. Amazon also have good deals from time to time, so you have to keep your eyes peeled and stay informed. :P

i meant the switch itself sorry ahhahas

Just now, Kkklaus said:

i meant the switch itself sorry ahhahas

As per what I have mentioned, Shoppee, Amazon, Qishan, TOG. Check out prices and compare then make decisions. Nintendosoup on Facebook always keep track of good bargains from Amazon, but problem is that you'll have to figure out how to get it shipped as you need to setup account. 

9 minutes ago, 13579 said:

As per what I have mentioned, Shoppee, Amazon, Qishan, TOG. Check out prices and compare then make decisions. Nintendosoup on Facebook always keep track of good bargains from Amazon, but problem is that you'll have to figure out how to get it shipped as you need to setup account. 

Alrighty! Thanks. Let you know when i get one. then can add me as friend :) 

On 3/5/2018 at 7:22 PM, EasleyLim said:

I'm seriously considering getting a switch since Bayonetta 3 is confirmed. But I think they'll do a port to PC soon & nothing else from switch interest me.  

Someone convince me to get switch pls. 

Hi. Bayonetta 2 is a nintendo exclusive, and so will bayonetta 3.  But it won't be coming soon. Most predictions would put it as a 2019 title, as far as I have heard.

On 10/03/2018 at 3:46 PM, Kkklaus said:

HIHI! I just got my Switch today :) But im playing zelda for now so no multiplayer :( 

Friend code: SW-1158-8152-9715

Let me if you add me, i'll be confused

Name's Klausy

Will add you when I’m home. 

Nintendo Switch update version 5.0 is now LIVE!

Improvements Included in Version 5.0.0

• Facebook and Twitter friends that also use Nintendo Switch can now be added through Friend Suggestions
  • Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, add specific software titles to your whitelist to exclude them from the console's Parental Controls Restricted Software setting
  • Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization
  • To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad
  • Select from 24 new ARMS and the Kirby series icons for your user
  • Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode
  • Receive notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play
  • Filter News to view only unread news or news from specific channels
  • Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu
Edited by 13579

On 3/7/2018 at 8:32 PM, geoduckling said:

Hi. Bayonetta 2 is a nintendo exclusive, and so will bayonetta 3.  But it won't be coming soon. Most predictions would put it as a 2019 title, as far as I have heard.

Ah... bummer. Won't be getting switch any time soon then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Just wondering if you all purchase the game cartridges (the physical ones) or you buy them on the E- SHOP? 

For now I'm buying the physical card slots but i dont know if i would be harmful for the switch if you keep switching over the cartridges. 

On 4/7/2018 at 2:05 PM, Kkklaus said:

Hey guys! Just wondering if you all purchase the game cartridges (the physical ones) or you buy them on the E- SHOP? 

For now I'm buying the physical card slots but i dont know if i would be harmful for the switch if you keep switching over the cartridges. 

I've had my 3ds for a long time, and most of my games are physical game cards and it's still working fine. Also, I bought physical copy cos I like to collect, digital copy is great, but you'll need huge storage space om your memory card, but downside is you can't share games with other friend (I'm talking bout like, "hey, let's trade games to play!"

28 minutes ago, qiye said:

Has anyone make purchase on the e-shop before? im using an USA account and they require me to input postal code to calculate sales tax.

Yeah I have. But I'm using Canada. I'm not using using US account!

I bought a switch recently! I'm having the time of my life with Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, it's the most fun I've had in a while! I can't wait to play bayonetta once I'm done with BotW

It'll be cool to have more friends that game!

Friend code: SW-1394-1853-1320

Edited by LionZoned

On 08/04/2018 at 4:53 PM, 13579 said:

I've had my 3ds for a long time, and most of my games are physical game cards and it's still working fine. Also, I bought physical copy cos I like to collect, digital copy is great, but you'll need huge storage space om your memory card, but downside is you can't share games with other friend (I'm talking bout like, "hey, let's trade games to play!"

Hahahas alrights! In that case I won’t have to worry. And yes I like collecting them too :) I’m buying my third game tmr when I book out :)

18 hours ago, LionZoned said:

I bought a switch recently! I'm having the time of my life with Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, it's the most fun I've had in a while! I can't wait to play bayonetta once I'm done with BotW

It'll be cool to have more friends that game!

Friend code: SW-1394-1853-1320

Hahaha yes I love zelda :) and I’ve alr completed the game. Time for me to get another one ;)

11 minutes ago, Kkklaus said:

Either that or Pokken. Coz I’m a Pokémon fan hahaha

I'm a huge Pokemon fan too! But my friend has that one so I figured I can just borrow it. Plus I doubt pokken is a game you can play for hundreds of hours without getting bored 

3 hours ago, LionZoned said:

I'm a huge Pokemon fan too! But my friend has that one so I figured I can just borrow it. Plus I doubt pokken is a game you can play for hundreds of hours without getting bored 

@Kkklaus yeah, Pokken isn't worth 100 hours non-stop, but still a great game to get. You could also wait for the Switch Pokemon main game to be announced. In mean time, if you're into those sandbox adventure/puzzle game, Super Mario Odyssey is one great  game I would recommend!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.