Male HQ

Bored, I went out with a guy and he did this shameless thing to me..

Guest yucksssss

Guest yucksssss

Basically this shameless guy asked me out for dinner on the Wednesday night . ( No i wasn't even least interested in him )
Met him because i am bored and no plan on that day . 

So when the bill come he ask me to pay first as he forgotten to bring his card & money and he promise will transfer me the $ .

Here comes the best part of the story , the next day i reminded him about the money which is only mere $38 and he said will transfer by the night . (yesterday night)

And now he gave me excuses delaying saying will do it by these few days ......... * roll eyes *

Makes me wonder something... Did he lied about forgotten to bring money out that day ? 

If he really got the $ he would have transferred when i asked him ?

Cannot believe that our community got such a shameless person .

• G_M changed the title to Bored, I went out with a guy and he did this shameless thing to me..

If u dont like him y meet? As someone said, take it as buy someone a meal.its a blessing for u. Small matter.next time take first then give.hehe...

or b like someone from bw who i met few years back.wanted to meet for dinner n reached there earlier than me .oredi bought his food first b4 i arrived there.so no give n take.i offered infact but he doesnt want.haha

1 hour ago, Guest yucksssss said:

Basically this shameless guy asked me out for dinner on the Wednesday night . ( No i wasn't even least interested in him )

So when the bill come he ask me to pay first as he forgotten to bring his card & money and he promise will transfer me the $ .

Here comes the best part of the story , the next day i reminded him about the money which is only mere $38 and he said will transfer by the night . (yesterday night)

And now he gave me excuses delaying saying will do it by these few days ......... * roll eyes *

Makes me wonder something... Did he lied about forgotten to bring money out that day ? 

It's only $38. Be the generous one to treat him the dinner. 

Looking for Mature Top as bf~

Sorry if I am wrong. Normally we will be generous to the other party if he is that type of person whom we fall for or like.

Is difficult for someone to give a treat without liking that person or have feeling for.

But then again there are those who will not make the first move to pay also.

Guest Yucksssss

Frankly speaking I've a bad feeling that I can't get back the money!

Even though its only $38 not $380 or $3800

but it's still $. My hard earned money 

beginning I've good impression of this guy because he's all nice friendly etc but after this incident I don't think I even wanna keep in contact with him anymore . 

Guest Yucksssss
Just now, jlone said:

Sorry if I am wrong. Normally we will be generous to the other party if he is that type of person whom we fall for or like.

Is difficult for someone to give a treat without liking that person or have feeling for.

But then again there are those who will not make the first move to pay also.

Not for me . I wasn't even least interested in him as he's nowhere near my type to begin with.

meeting him was pure friends meet up and besides that I was pretty bored on that day and he happened to asked me out , so yeah ~

I really despise people like this 

Like many have suggested, take it as a charity. You will be a happier person than thinking too much over it. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Guest hmmm
3 hours ago, Guest yucksssss said:

i reminded him about the money which is only mere $38

2 persons dinner cost $38?  If you don't like him, why spend so much on dinner?  Coffee shop fried rice cost $4/,  kopi O $1.00 = $5x2 persons = $10 only. You saved $28 on the meal.  Now see what you have done to yourselves to treat a person whom you not interested.  Now, he is not interested to pay you because he has no interest in you also.

Guest Yucksssss
1 hour ago, Guest hmmm said:

2 persons dinner cost $38?  If you don't like him, why spend so much on dinner?  Coffee shop fried rice cost $4/,  kopi O $1.00 = $5x2 persons = $10 only. You saved $28 on the meal.  Now see what you have done to yourselves to treat a person whom you not interested.  Now, he is not interested to pay you because he has no interest in you also.

No. Total dinner was $99 

so make sense each is about $38

1 hour ago, mate69 said:

Aiyo no wonder u got cheated lah.

Simple maths also cannot count. *LIKE* (used up my likes today)

giphy.gif

Edited by iamziz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, mate69 said:

Aiyo no wonder u got cheated lah.

Simple maths also cannot count. 

TS eat 2 people's share mah... Plus throw in service charge and GST... 

Here's a counter proposal, bitch styled. Name and shame this person you claimed you unwittingly got conned by. Spare the rest of us the agony of having to go through the same fate.

38 is enough to get me lunch for the whole work week woh.

38 is enough for some people to foot their lower tier phone bill.

38 can pay for a month of secondary school fees (I think).

38 can buy you a box of 144 condoms from AFA (with spare change) that you can use on people who don't bore you. 

38 can get you entry to lewd saunas for 5 times (or more? Ill informed sorry)

That's right. It's not just 38 dollars. It's omfg THIRTY EIGHT DOLLARS (almost a hundred ringgit if you get the good exchange rates that can be better spent). Name him. Show him. Shame him. Like ahlong bitch style. Instead of spraying paint at his door step, do it on the online platforms. 

Otherwise. Let's all peace out and enjoy the weekend. 

---

Dignity is a facade we wear to hide our ignorance.

Guest roll-eyes
2 hours ago, Guest Yucksssss said:

No. Total dinner was $99 

so make sense each is about $38

Have you ever consider crowd-funding and explain your story of being cheated?

Someone also took an uber ride from me from hougang to bukit batok also didn't pay when reached his destination. Say just started new job. 

Pay not out yet....now been 6 mths later, that day he approached me on grindr not knowing it's me..and when he showed his pic, i asked for my uber money and he quiet immediately.

Anyways Thai guy has a bad reputation in the community for being a freeloader 

You remind me of a shameless person i met on trevvy. He is very skinny and had some black teeth. He said he is an actor but i only see him doing calefare once in a very long time when watching tv. Many times eat together as a friend, he will occasionally say that month not enough money will try to borrow very little money bit by bit but either return than borrow again or keep delaying. Even first time meeting with him and he ask me to treat him cause that day is his birthday. He also told me how he got dumped by his bf and i pitied him and treat him to a starbuck coffee that day. I see him so sad and i even go a bit further and buy him a small chocolate cake to cheer him up. I never know he is such a jerk and even introduce him to my group of friends. When i ask him for the money he borrow from me, he even got the nerve to strike at me behind my back by calling my mum during my work hours and told her that i am gay. He got my home phone number when i talk to him using my home phone. There is no point to even say his name and shame him as i found out he keep using different name to create ad to look for friends or ltr or sex in trevvy.

Edited by yoyo74

Guest Guest

I think we should feel and empathise  with TS..38 to some of us maybe not be a big deal but to others 38 can be used for so much other things .

1 hour ago, yoyo74 said:

You remind me of a shameless person i met on trevvy. He is very skinny and had some black teeth. He said he is an actor but i only see him doing calefare once in a very long time when watching tv. Many times eat together as a friend, he will occasionally say that month not enough money will try to borrow very little money bit by bit but either return than borrow again or keep delaying. Even first time meeting with him and he ask me to treat him cause that day is his birthday. He also told me how he got dumped by his bf and i pitied him and treat him to a starbuck coffee that day. I see him so sad and i even go a bit further and buy him a small chocolate cake to cheer him up. I never know he is such a jerk and even introduce him to my group of friends. When i ask him for the money he borrow from me, he even got the nerve to strike at me behind my back by calling my mum during my work hours and told her that i am gay. He got my home phone number when i talk to him using my home phone. There is no point to even say his name and shame him as i found out he keep using different name to create ad to look for friends or ltr or sex in trevvy.

Who is this jerk?!:swear:

I believe I am very assertive when it comes to dining out.  Regardless of how suave and how desperate I am, it is strictly separate bills for me.  Call me a cheapskate but a dinner date is to enjoy each other's company and the food and NOT taking advantage of the other person.

Even with all my AMDKs, I preferred to go DUTCH.  Unless it is a special occasion, I would politely ask if they want to buy me dinner.  If not, we can settle for food in the food courts.  If he insisted on "atas" places, I would back off immediately knowing that the price tag is beyond my reach.

With Asians, it is strictly 50-50..split down the middle regardless who consumes more.  Should he want to be calculative, then thank you, this will be our last date!

So malu.. That pic was a selfie I took last week.

I used an Oppo A37f and with the right angle and lighting, it comes out beyond my imagination.  I really don't look that good! 

TS, say goodbye and good riddance to that guy.

He took advantage of your sincerity and repaid your kindness with such BAD attitude.  叫他去死吧。。想吃老娘豆腐。。占老娘便宜。。

Live and Learn. It takes many kind to make the world. Free loaders are the least dangerous. It could be way more worst if you are unlucky to encounter some of them. Learn your lesson from this and move on. This is just an unlucky misadventure. Don't let it ruin things for you further lah.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest Yucksssss
1 hour ago, abang said:

I believe I am very assertive when it comes to dining out.  Regardless of how suave and how desperate I am, it is strictly separate bills for me.  Call me a cheapskate but a dinner date is to enjoy each other's company and the food and NOT taking advantage of the other person.

Even with all my AMDKs, I preferred to go DUTCH.  Unless it is a special occasion, I would politely ask if they want to buy me dinner.  If not, we can settle for food in the food courts.  If he insisted on "atas" places, I would back off immediately knowing that the price tag is beyond my reach.

With Asians, it is strictly 50-50..split down the middle regardless who consumes more.  Should he want to be calculative, then thank you, this will be our last date!

For my case is different scenario

i can't possibly be so rude and asked him " you got bring money out ? " 

anw my bad ! I shouldn't assume that everybody bring their money or wallet out lol

I don't think you'll be able to get your money back. Next time can go food court or food court style eateries where you'll be just paying for your own share. Money is always a very sensitive issue to handle. 

Guest Worse encounter
18 hours ago, Guest yucksssss said:

The guy whom I met more shameless than yours!!!!

When we were eating, I could see one of his hands moving ferociously under the table. Then he thrusted his body towards me repeatedly, quicker and quicker. Finally he let out a loud "arghh......si bei song...."

I was totally embarrasssed!!!! He said he cannot help it because I am too hot wor ~~~~

You see...how shameless!

It is usually like this when you lend someone money, or in this case, 'agreed' to foot the bill first.

Once, there is such grey areas in money matters, more often than not, take it as a 'cost incurred' to better know that person.

If the money is returned to you, good for you. Yay! That person has some form of humanity and deserves to be helped.

If the money is not returned to you, take it as a trivial price to pay, just so you may you may see his true colours.

And if this happens, you won't need us to tell you what is your next course of action already, would you? ;)

Well I had an experience where this guy offers to cook me dinner and when I decided that we are not heading anywhere near his expectation, he asked me to transfer him the money back for the dinner he cooked.

The dinner is obviously store bought and it wasn't even tasteful. Since he so CB, I deducted the money of my Starbucks out. (1 for 1 Promotion so he gets the free one but he don't deserve it. So he pays) 

Guest Guest disgusted

This reminds me of someone I met from growlr. We met at a wafer shop and I offer to buy him but he insisted to pay (his own share I assumed) and gave me $10 while I was queuing. It turned out that his set, wafer topped with ice cream and a cup of tea, costed more than $10 but I didn't tell him. A week later he accused me of forcing him to pay for the wafer. WTF!!

This reminded me of an incident many years ago.  I quietly settled the dinner bill without him knowing and see if he will voluntarily be the first to settle it.  As we stood up to leave, he looked at me and said: "Eh, settle the bill leh".  

I just walked out of the restaurant. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

Guest Very Happy

I think we should look at it from the other side of the coin. 

When I first met my current bf, we went for dinner and I paid the bill. He never return me or say say anything and presumed it was my treat to him. I should be angry at him, like many of you here, but I didn't and never take it to heart.  Than subsequent date with him he offered to pay the bill and ever since then, he continue to pay the bill until I became his wife.  Moral of the story, don't be so petty when you first foot the bill, you never know that small price you have paid eventually became a huge reward to come.  Yes, I found my husband who is not what I thought he was, he is actually quite generous.  Looking back, I felt so ashamed of myself for being so caculative.

On 5/12/2017 at 11:35 AM, abang said:

Isn't this racist?

Why should I have to pay because I'm Caucasian?

On 5/12/2017 at 1:08 PM, Guest Yucksssss said:

For my case is different scenario

i can't possibly be so rude and asked him " you got bring money out ? " 

anw my bad ! I shouldn't assume that everybody bring their money or wallet out lol

I also don't have the heart to making payment arrangements beforehand.

Of course each should pay his share unless one volunteers to invite the other.

But you read many good advice here about accepting the incident as the cost of being alive and not worrying about.

Your $38 you enjoyed in the food, while his $38 came in payment for this opportunity to practice your self control

changing channels in your brain to tune in to happier thoughts.

22 hours ago, Guest Worse encounter said:

The guy whom I met more shameless than yours!!!!

When we were eating, I could see one of his hands moving ferociously under the table. Then he thrusted his body towards me repeatedly, quicker and quicker. Finally he let out a loud "arghh......si bei song...."

I was totally embarrasssed!!!! He said he cannot help it because I am too hot wor ~~~~

You see...how shameless!

Why were YOU embarrassed?

The poor guy has to J.O. under a restaurant table instead of having the guts to seduce you and make love to you in bed?

Of course, I am very racist.

I dislike BIG Mouth (aka TALK BIG) Caucasians who are stingy.  If they are the ones who proposed to eat in the more costly restaurants, then they should pay.  If they expect me to foot the bill, NEXT, please.

OK go back to the topic of eating out.. if it is the first date, a simple food court dinner should suffice.  This way, you get to see his eating habit and his willingness to pay for his own food.

I remember one particular occasion whereby I had wanted to buy dinner for this one guy.  But as the Japanese food arrived, he started complaining about the quality and quantity of the food.  The whining continued throughout that tempestuous half-an-hour.  I surprised him at the end when I called for split bills.  Go, imagine his reaction.. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.