Male HQ

Need advice on Public Swimming Pool

Anyone know where i can swim multiple lap using the pool's width instead of the length. I understand some pool now blocking up some lanes for ppl to do the length lap,

I know Senja pool used to be like tat but i dunno if still the same. Haven't go there for a long time.

Please do NOT swim along the width of the deep pool. Lap swimmers (swimming along the length) will find you a nuisance as you will be a pain in the ass obstructing Lap swimmers from doing their work out.

Go to the teaching pool and do your swim.This is basic swim etiquette.

Edited by bluerunner

as far as i know most public pools now cone off lanes for lap swimming esp during weekends. even in safras. maybe if you try swimming during weekdays, you can still do the width thou i must add do it during off peak as this practise does affect many who does length lap swimming. 

if you are still uncomfortable or lack of confident swimming the whole length, do use a float for your own safety. or swim near the edge of the pool. alternatively, swimming with a friend who will watch out for you. eventually you have to start getting used to swim the length. swimming one length shouldn't be an issue even for beginners, just rest at the end of each lap until a time when you can go for a few laps at one go. 

1 hour ago, abang said:

Ah blue,  you forgot to include those who walk from deck chairs to toilet frequently.. Anyway as a Hiao gay man,  I still find it a little awkward to see us (me included)  wearing swim trunks that are barely appropriate.. 

Abang, wear it when we still can. At least when we are old and full of wrinkles, we could look back and said, "I have worn it and I look good in it". 

I'm guilty as charged too. 

But again ah, barely "appreciate", to whose standard? Cannot please everyone le. As long as our private is covered sufficiently, lifeguard is ok, parents at the pool are not complaining, ...... that's enough. :P

I think in order NOT to get overt attention when wearing super undersized trunks is to make sure we do some form of manscaping of the pubes.   I know some of us here do shaved completely and most here trimmed frequently but I've seen bushy jungles sprouting out... Not  Very pleasant sight..

Honestly for most of us guys who did our NS training,  we should be able to do at least one length of the pool easily... 

Guest WHAT?
4 hours ago, abang said:

Ah blue,  you forgot to include those who walk from deck chairs to toilet frequently..

It is called cruising. The gay thing, You mean you didn't know about that?

5 hours ago, bluerunner said:

There are a few types of pool users that I dread/hate/disapprove:

1. One who swim along the width instead of the length in the deep pool. 

2. One who tries to rob you off your lane despite if other available lanes around. 

3. One who starts swimming in lane1 but ends up in lane 3. I called hat diagonal swimmer. 

4. One who park himself/herself at the end of the pool and have Aunty gossip with friends. 

5. Screaming kids having swimming lesson on weekend. 

:doh:

I think no.5 is the worst.

But on a positive note, my favourite type of pool users are those who belong to a junior lifeguard group. Usually they are around poly or NS age.

Love to see them train. They're usually very well-toned and hot!!  :D

The best part is when they are role-playing saving a drowning victim - they will literally strip in front of you (they have to bring their own long-sleeve shirt and long pants) before jumping into the water.  Hotness to the max:twisted:

There are a few girls but majority are hot guys. 

17 minutes ago, abang said:

I think in order NOT to get overt attention when wearing super undersized trunks is to make sure we do some form of manscaping of the pubes.   I know some of us here do shaved completely and most here trimmed frequently but I've seen bushy jungles sprouting out... Not  Very pleasant sight..

One time I saw this Filipino woman with an ang moh man at Delta pool. She's about 40 plus and quite fat but her bikini was so small that all her fats and cellulite were overflowing all over the place!

And she was talking very loudly and behaving very arrogantly as many Asian girls do when they go out with an ang moh man, never mind that he looks old enough to be her uncle!!

Totally vomit-inducing  LOL

I think she must have bought that bikini when she was 20!!  Hahaha!!

Guest Well.

After Joseph Schooling won Singapore first gold olympic medal,  The pool has been packed with aspiring children and their parents were all over the place watching them swim.

32 minutes ago, Guest Well. said:

After Joseph Schooling won Singapore first gold olympic medal,  The pool has been packed with aspiring children and their parents were all over the place watching them swim.

Actually, not really  :D

I swim often - still the same crowd size

On 5/21/2017 at 10:38 AM, bluerunner said:

2. One who tries to rob you off your lane despite if other available lanes around. 

3. One who starts swimming in lane1 but ends up in lane 3. I called hat diagonal swimmer. 

4. One who park himself/herself at the end of the pool and have Aunty gossip with friends. 

There are also those who do not swim in circular motion anti-clockwise. They swim up and down like they are doing some olympic event... Occasionally you can also see "floaters", like people doing random shit in the lap swimming lane

On 21/05/2017 at 10:38 AM, bluerunner said:

Totally agree!!!

With reference to point #4 - Apart from parking themselves there (gossip or not), these "parkers" will give you the look of "oh, you swimming ah? touch the wall already. are you going for another lap?"...

If you can't tackle the 50m length, try the pools with shorter widths or the intermediate pools. I have always enjoyed my leisurely swim at Katong pool especially over weekends between 12-2pm

• 1 year later...
On 5/21/2017 at 3:53 PM, CKW said:

One time I saw this Filipino woman with an ang moh man at Delta pool. She's about 40 plus and quite fat but her bikini was so small that all her fats and cellulite were overflowing all over the place!

And she was talking very loudly and behaving very arrogantly as many Asian girls do when they go out with an ang moh man, never mind that he looks old enough to be her uncle!!

LOL. I oso see lot like hers in our condo during weekends.

• 10 months later...
On 7/14/2019 at 11:07 AM, Guest jayjames said:

Is it alright to swim together with someone who has hiv or aids?

Your question comes many decades too late.

When Greg Louganis  did injure his head and bleed into the pool in 1988,  people worried about potential contamination.

But today we know that the HIV virus does not survive outside the body,

and there is zero risk swimming with someone who has HIV and could bleed into the pool.

There is also zero risk showering with him,  unless this includes unprotected anal sex  :)

Edited by Steve5380

• 7 months later...
On 3/1/2020 at 6:01 PM, Guest Boi521 said:

Is it true that women can get pregnant while swimming in the pool with a guy who just ejaculated there without penetrating her?

Yes . . especially if youare in the beach . DO NOT SWIM .. If whale sperm is very strong . u will pregnant a whale baby . and human body is not good enought for a whale baby . so ur body gonna expload in 1 month .😁

Edited by richieyiha

With covid-19, is it still safe to swim? 

Swam for few months from last Nov and after learning about the virus, but now I'm scared to swim since cny period. 

Miss seeing my cute ns boy in the changing room :wub: he strips his trunks off in the showers without closing the door and walking out with confidence of his body. Feel like giving him a kiss and hugging him :redface:

Guest lao tee kor
On 5/21/2017 at 3:53 PM, CKW said:

well at least , she hooked an old ang moh who will stand up and defend her honor when insulted by locals.

while you just whine and whine here in the Bw forum.

Btw,  who she chooses to hang out with is really none of our business and nothing you can do.

You can complain to the lifeguard that her bikini offends your morality and sensibilities and see how far you can go with that.

Can bet you, you are goint to taste the ang mohs fist and knuckles

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.