Male HQ

OB @ Movie - Wonder Woman

oralb

1491990205555-1.jpg

[Wonder Woman] Review

“FINALLY” the term I would think should be everyone’s mind when he or she came out of the theater. Finally a DCU movie that’s really good. Finally a DCU movie that didn’t suck big time.

DCU or DC’s cinematic universe has been lagging big time over their arch rival Marvel’s cinematic universe, not only is DCU late in the entry, their offerings had been badly penned by the critics, though still making money due to the strong fans’ base. “Man of Steel” gave us the grumpiest Superman ever in any media, taking away all hope and courage that the superhero is supposed to represent. The following “BvS” showed us what happened when style was over substance, when the director preferred 300’s slo-mo style over common sense and stupidity plot (Martha!!!) Sadly “Suicide Squad” followed the exact formula of emitting the basic story telling concept.

When we thought DCU is hopeless, “Wonder Woman” comes along. Directed by Patty Jenkins; with Gal Gadot in the titular role and Chris Pine as her love interest Steve Trevor, WW showed how to make a kickass superhero movie with heart.

Technically WW is the first main-stream female Superhero movie to hit the big screen in the recent years (“Electra” and “Catwoman” were more of anti-hero) letting DCU finally has a first against MCU. For years MCU had refused to give a Black-Widow movie, and their only female Superhero lead movie “Captain Marvel” is still years away.

WW hit the dots in what it hoped to accomplish. The movie brought hope, compassion and humanity to what, arguably the most recognizable female superhero, Wonder Woman embodies. To be fair, WW is a difficult subject to bring to the big screen. Created in 1941, the original WW reeked of sexism and still a testament of male superiority. This was evident in her “weakness” that if WW hands were tied by a man, her power would render useless, as if her creator felt that bondage was a healthy part of a relationship. The character evolved over the years, but still, at a lesser capable director, WW would result in a feminism sort of vengeful woman movie. Thankfully it is not the case in this movie.

Why did the movie work so well? Firstly, they found the right candidate. Gal Gadot is almost born for the role, bringing beauty, grace, strength and an amazing determination in her portray of WW. Her on-screen chemistry with Chris Pine was absolutely believable and a joy to watch, and that made us cared for both characters. The first half of the movie touched on the origin of WW, and how Chris Pine’s character felt weird in an island filled with Amazonian female warriors.  He never did believe in the Greek mythological explanation that WW told him. The second half of the movie reversed the role, with WW being the fish out of the water in a war-torn London. WW still had her naïve impression of human and was constantly being tested in a male-leading society.

Another part the movie did very well was the drive to WW’s determination. She believed that all human are good, and by killing one entity, the war would end and all will be good. Contrasting her belief was Chris Pine, whom had seen the dark side of the war, shrouded at her single track minded but eventually touched by her determination. In the end, both characters had to reach the inevitable compromise on their beliefs.

Director Jenkins took time to develop her characters, letting WW slowly grow into the hero she was destined to be. Despite the long running time of the movie, the action scenes were far and between, however when it came to fighting, the action sets were grand and amazing. No doubt Zack Snyder had a say in the style of the action scenes, they were filled with beautiful slo-mo sequences coupled with a great soundtrack to boost.

Nonetheless, WW is not without its bad points. With the heavy focus on the title character, villains took a back seat once again, resulting at the few villains felt like two dimensional characters. Also with the decision to have the final big boss hidden from all promotional scenes just so for the last minute twist, one of WW most iconic villain was degraded to do the usual villain finale monologue, which sadly undermined the potential of clashing his ideology with WW’s drive.

Verdict: WW is a good movie, definitely the best DCU movie at this point, but the greatest. The honor still reserved for Nolan’s marvelous “The Dark Knight Returns”. What WW did is to shine a beacon of hope to the upcoming “Justice League” movie, and with Joss Whedon taking over Zack Snyder in the final edit; finally DCU has a fighting chance against MCU.

4 out of 5 stars

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest Amazons
41 minutes ago, Guest Oldies said:

Would it still be better if she twirls and change costume?

Look forward, move forward. You still want WM to wear that awful oversized underwear? 

rs_1024x759-170526075702-1024-gal-gadot-

Jeez... such a long review and you couldnt get "DCEU" right? DCU refers to the DC Universe which itself refers to the entire DC comics universe. If you meant the DCCU, which translates to DC Cinematic Universe, that name doesn't exist anymore - at least not after DC/WB officially announced that this film universe will be known as the DC Extended Universe. It may sound trivial, but it's one of the bigger things that would bug ANY comic book fan.

Not sure if you wrote this yourself or you took it from a website for our benefit, and God I hope it's the latter. While I can appreciate a good and supportive review, everything the writer said about the supernaturally gorgeous Gal Gadot and subsequently showering the film with praise are overshadowed by unoriginal and presumptive "opinions" followed by ridiculous claims and assumptions of the reception towards the previously DCEU films. It's acceptable and I completely respect that you don't particularly enjoy, maybe even detest, the previous films or specifically, as you pointed out, a "grumpy" superman (probably because you only watch the animated shows or the Reeves films, just making an assumption here), but  what bugs is that nothing about that paragraph even bothered to mention that as negative as the reception to BvS appears to be, it is in fact of the most polarizing superhero films ever. And while BvS failed in delivering a cohesive plotline, SS failed in delivering good writing. They are very different flaws, opposites actually. Because while BvS tries to do too much, SS tries nothing at all. In other words, SS is pretty derivative of basic and really uninspired films (I wouldnt even call it art, like the other DCEU films) and BvS' mix of symbolism, overly ambitious direction and a deeply political narrative blended with amazing cinematography, unique to Snyder, took too much superhero out of this superhero film. And by the way, the MCU and the DCEU are only rivals in hardcore narrow minded fanboys' minds. Arch-rivals? God to be kidding me. In an era where superhero-fatigue looms around the horizon, both studios, together with Fox and Sony, have to stick together because a blow to any one of them could advance this problem. With Sony launching their no-Spider-man Spider-man universe (yeah you read that right, or at least no Holland Spider-Man universe) and Fox's new line of xmen properties, having 2 films set for 2018, the superhero movie industry is going to need all the support it can get, given the uncertainty that comes with them.

With the DCEU making so much money even with all the negative press (which admittedly could very well be the large and loyal fan base as you mentioned), it's naive to think that the DCEU will be going anywhere anytime soon. Who's the "we" that you are referring to that said the DCEU was hopeless, because as bad as the reception has been, I've only seen a minority that has said that - many of which still went to see WW even before the good reviews hit the web just because she's Wonder Woman, one of the most iconic characters in comic book history. You run, you stumble, you fall, but that doesn't mean you are lost forever. It's sad that we live in world with people that don't even bother appreciating and supporting the journey, but only want the results as if it's all about them and their needs.

You really think superman became the beacon of hope we now know him to bethe moment he stepped out into the limelight? In the comics he was a hopeful sure, but he didn't become this symbol of peace till after he found himself and earned the trust of the people of the world. Cavill's superman is only at the start of his journey. Since you wanna be that guy that compares DC with Marvel, I'll do it with you. Tony started as an arrogant, albeit charming, playboy and over the course of his many years in the MCU has he grown into the leader, arguable, of the Avengers and now becoming a mentor to Marvel's most popular character, Peter Parker. Sure Marvel films has always and will likely to continue to maintain a lighter atmosphere making it more fiction, hence allowing us to have a clear divide from reality. DC however plays it as close to reality as a superhero film could possibly get, or at least they try too, which actually is one of the big reasons for the polarizing reception to the universe. Some say it's too real and being too serious while a sizable amount actually loves it because of this drastic tonal difference when compared to the MCU. But then again, that's subjective. Since you didn't mention much about Affleck, I assume you are alright or at least can understand with the direction they are taking with the dark knight of Gotham, and if you do, much respect. But if you condemn it the way you condemn this superman adaptation and DCEU, it's pretty much a similar argument for his case.

i have little to say about the way the writer reviews the movie because nothing he has said is anything insightful or informative. You mentioned nothing about Gal Gadot's amazing ability of telling her story and expressing so many different emotions just from her facial expressions. Her voice may not command a lot of attention, for an amazon that is, because it's so graceful and just simply beautiful, but the minutiae in her facial expressions themselves tell a whole story. She has given a taste of this god-given ability in BvS, as seen in the Lex Mansion party as well as on the plane before she decides she's needed and is willing to return to the forefront of battle as the Amazonian princess. She didn't say a single word in the latter scene, but you can just feel how intense the struggle was for her to make this decision. For her solo film, let's take her expressions when Trevor (Pine), under the influence of the Lasso of Truth, forged by the God of Blacksmiths Hephaestus (known for forging almost all of Diana's armor actually), told about the sufferings of the Great War. I don't even know how to describe that. It's like you can feel her heart breaking right there and then. Since it's her film, she is able to do a lot more. One of the many ways she showed us what she's capable of as an actress is the scene after she killed Lundendorff, mistakenly thinking he was the God of War. When I said her voice doesn't command attention, I should have been clear and said it doesn't do that all that time, but she clearly showed she can. Her unwillingness to accept that humans can be so violent, so cruel, so unsympathetic, so evil, darts out of the screen and into our hearts. She never gave up. Even where everything points to a certain direction, she remains strong with her beliefs. That is why she's an icon. That is why she's a legend. Gadot has taken her presence to such great heights in the film, one of my favorite scenes (and possible the best scene) is the 'No Man's Land' scene. She didn't like a situation and she didn't like being told she can't help people who desperately needed her help knowing she can help, so she took it in her own hands. She showed she didn't need the support of anyone else, she has confidence in her ability to save these people. The moment she stepped out onto the battlefield, she exudes a presence like no other. She's not waiting for her friend's approval, or anyone's for that matter. She knows that this isn't about her - even though we, as an audience, know it clearly is. From to start to end of the scene, her led by example. She didn't ask for assistance. She knew that her friends and the soldiers are afraid and they should be, she didn't fault them for that, disappointed but she doesn't blame them for feeing this way - these are things you notice from the way Gadot expresses her lines. Diana is shown here as symbol, not of hope, but of inspiration. Rallying troops that don't even know her, to trust and support her, even without asking for help, without a single word, just by her presence and her actions. Now that's Wonder Woman.

So I don't see how you could have missed any of these in your analysis of the film. Instead, you chose to focus on the trivial and stereotypical; like Wonder Woman being the first female led superhero film since Elektra and the first female led DC superhero film since Supergirl way back in the 80s (Catwoman isn't exactly a superhero, she's a thief; good and bad, enough to earn the respect of Batman. But I have no idea what she was in the film). Yes it's big step for female characters but we all know this, it's been published almost everywhere and has been talked about countless times in all media outlets; it's almost impossible to miss it. The points about her being a "fish out of water" (could that phrase BE anymore dated), while true, added nothing to the review. We knew this coming from the very first comic con trailer. Furthermore, the insistence on propagating the feminist aspect of the movie is one that I feel need not be even mentioned, not because there isn't one or is something to ashamed to talk about, but because this is something people expected to be at the core of the film. The twist is that it isn't! (And I sense you agree with me on this from tone of those paragraphs, correct me if I'm wrong) The beautifully written script, one of biggest improvements from the previous films, manages to subvert any and all feminist impressions from taking center stage in any of the scenes; in my opinion of course. They are there, sure, but you don't leave the film feeling empowered because you are a woman - might be too presumptive here, but I don't anyone here is one (not that there is problem with it). You feel empowered (I did at the No Man's Land scene, even cried a little because I was so happy and proud) because she makes you feel you can believe in something that strongly. You do NOT have pander to people's opinions of you or what they think you should be. The world may not respect you, but you don't get their respect just by demanding it. You EARN it. She fought for what she believed in. She showed us what she's capable of, not for the gratitude or admiration, but because it's the right thing to do and she believes in doing it - a quality I'm disappointed and ashamed to say is lacking in this new generation, actually all generations in this age. She inspires.

I do want to say that I loved how you didn't throw shade at Synder despite your detest for his films, much respect there. That man gets way too much hate than he deserves, I don't think he deserves any actually - he's just a man making his dreams and all of ours come true. But I do want to address that Whedon taking over and finishing the film due to the unfortunate and deeply horrific incident within Snyder family (god bless them) does in no way and should in no way invoke any sense of extra faith or hope for this November's Justice League. The Whedon that's working on Justice League and his upcoming Batgirl film (for the DCEU) is not the same one artistically as the one that gave us the wonderful Avengers and its follow up, Age of Ultron. Whedon is one of the biggest comic book fans in the world, alongside Zack Synder and phenomenally talented Geoff johns. Whedon's move to DC isn't something anyone expected and it shows how much respect and confidence the studios (both WB and Marvel Studios) have to this man - work Feige even giving him blessing to do so. He will finish the film and respect Synder's vision just as Zack has shown him by trusting him to finish one of biggest movies ever and a project so close to Synder's heart given the passion he has effortless displayed for these icons of the comic book world. Just had to make that clear, in case any marvel wannabes or any general uninformed (fake) fans start using that as canon fodder against Synder and the DCEU.

Oh I did want to say that i disagree with analysis of the villain. I guess since Ares has been such a big part of the Wonder Woman mythology, I didn't need any prior developments. That monologue you claimed to be uninspired, I actually thought was brilliant because it references Ares' desire for Diana to be his successor as the God of War (which she does in the comics, read the New 52 series before heading into rebirth. Trust me it's worth it.) You mentioned that Diana was portrayed as having a "one track mind", idealistic and at times naive. That I agree with, and I think you should extend that to Ares as well. As omnipotent as Gods appear to be, they are often not multi-dimensional mentally - a quality you would notice in most shows/films with Gods in it, regardless of the origins of the mythology. Greek gods have been known to have a rather black-white mentality, Zeus especially. Maybe thinking from this perspective could help you appreciate the way they adapted Ares the way that I do. Just a suggestion. Speaking of the mythology, I loved how they reduced the entire presumably-complex Greek mythology into one about Love. Some call it cheesy and yes it kinda is. But it's the type of thing that is cheesy ONLY because we as humans have been so hesitant on believing in love in this new age where relationships aren't valued and the vows of marriage aren't as sacred as they once were. It really serves as reminder that we can get back to those days. Believing in love doesn't have to make us weak as the princess of themyscira has shown us. And for men, it doesn't make us any more feminine if we do. Never give up on love, as hopeless as or may seem. Sorry, I can't help it. I guess I'm kinda lowkey romantic.

Wow, terribly long post - I have to apologize, words flow incessantly when it comes to things I'm passionate about. I changed between "you" and "the writer" a few times in comment (more like essay... sorry again), but know that I'm referring to the writer of this review. And if it's you, I really respect that you took the time to write this and despite me having so many criticism on it and several differing opinions, I really do admire you posting it here and maybe even for future MCU and DCEU films too. But if this is just a copy and paste, I still appreciate you taking time to do it. Publicity is publicity right? Well I'm done with this, have a great week to anyone who read this entire comment, which I actually hope you didnt, but definitely appreciate if you do. Even I have to admit I went overboard with this one and if it came across as rude and insensitive in the earlier parts, I apologize. Typed this on my bed on my dysfunctional phone almost immediately when I got up. Hope you can understand that. Anyways, have an amazing week everyone. 

Edited by dynox

On 05/06/2017 at 6:26 AM, Guest Amazons said:

Look forward, move forward. You still want WM to wear that awful oversized underwear? 

Looks like a really patriotic form fitting adult diaper.

On 05/06/2017 at 8:00 AM, dynox said:

... a really long post...

Gees, its just a short review, not a spoiler prac crit paper of the movie. 

1 hour ago, wantonmee said:

Oops

Am I the only one who didn't like WW?

Thot it was mediocre at best.

Didn't think it was super fantastic but definitely good and a much needed score for DC.

Guest Ghytttcx

Wonder woman is so out of touch with the times and passe and the original wonder woman was an insult to real women and the feminist mov ement

Guest Guest
On 2017-6-5 at 8:00 AM, dynox said:

Jeez... such a long review and you couldnt get "DCEU" right? DCU refers to the DC Universe which itself refers to the entire DC comics universe. If you meant the DCCU, which translates to DC Cinematic Universe, that name doesn't exist anymore - at least not after DC/WB officially announced that this film universe will be known as the DC Extended Universe. It may sound trivial, but it's one of the bigger things that would bug ANY comic book fan.

Not sure if you wrote this yourself or you took it from a website for our benefit, and God I hope it's the latter. While I can appreciate a good and supportive review, everything the writer said about the supernaturally gorgeous Gal Gadot and subsequently showering the film with praise are overshadowed by unoriginal and presumptive "opinions" followed by ridiculous claims and assumptions of the reception towards the previously DCEU films. It's acceptable and I completely respect that you don't particularly enjoy, maybe even detest, the previous films or specifically, as you pointed out, a "grumpy" superman (probably because you only watch the animated shows or the Reeves films, just making an assumption here), but  what bugs is that nothing about that paragraph even bothered to mention that as negative as the reception to BvS appears to be, it is in fact of the most polarizing superhero films ever. And while BvS failed in delivering a cohesive plotline, SS failed in delivering good writing. They are very different flaws, opposites actually. Because while BvS tries to do too much, SS tries nothing at all. In other words, SS is pretty derivative of basic and really uninspired films (I wouldnt even call it art, like the other DCEU films) and BvS' mix of symbolism, overly ambitious direction and a deeply political narrative blended with amazing cinematography, unique to Snyder, took too much superhero out of this superhero film. And by the way, the MCU and the DCEU are only rivals in hardcore narrow minded fanboys' minds. Arch-rivals? God to be kidding me. In an era where superhero-fatigue looms around the horizon, both studios, together with Fox and Sony, have to stick together because a blow to any one of them could advance this problem. With Sony launching their no-Spider-man Spider-man universe (yeah you read that right, or at least no Holland Spider-Man universe) and Fox's new line of xmen properties, having 2 films set for 2018, the superhero movie industry is going to need all the support it can get, given the uncertainty that comes with them.

With the DCEU making so much money even with all the negative press (which admittedly could very well be the large and loyal fan base as you mentioned), it's naive to think that the DCEU will be going anywhere anytime soon. Who's the "we" that you are referring to that said the DCEU was hopeless, because as bad as the reception has been, I've only seen a minority that has said that - many of which still went to see WW even before the good reviews hit the web just because she's Wonder Woman, one of the most iconic characters in comic book history. You run, you stumble, you fall, but that doesn't mean you are lost forever. It's sad that we live in world with people that don't even bother appreciating and supporting the journey, but only want the results as if it's all about them and their needs.

You really think superman became the beacon of hope we now know him to bethe moment he stepped out into the limelight? In the comics he was a hopeful sure, but he didn't become this symbol of peace till after he found himself and earned the trust of the people of the world. Cavill's superman is only at the start of his journey. Since you wanna be that guy that compares DC with Marvel, I'll do it with you. Tony started as an arrogant, albeit charming, playboy and over the course of his many years in the MCU has he grown into the leader, arguable, of the Avengers and now becoming a mentor to Marvel's most popular character, Peter Parker. Sure Marvel films has always and will likely to continue to maintain a lighter atmosphere making it more fiction, hence allowing us to have a clear divide from reality. DC however plays it as close to reality as a superhero film could possibly get, or at least they try too, which actually is one of the big reasons for the polarizing reception to the universe. Some say it's too real and being too serious while a sizable amount actually loves it because of this drastic tonal difference when compared to the MCU. But then again, that's subjective. Since you didn't mention much about Affleck, I assume you are alright or at least can understand with the direction they are taking with the dark knight of Gotham, and if you do, much respect. But if you condemn it the way you condemn this superman adaptation and DCEU, it's pretty much a similar argument for his case.

i have little to say about the way the writer reviews the movie because nothing he has said is anything insightful or informative. You mentioned nothing about Gal Gadot's amazing ability of telling her story and expressing so many different emotions just from her facial expressions. Her voice may not command a lot of attention, for an amazon that is, because it's so graceful and just simply beautiful, but the minutiae in her facial expressions themselves tell a whole story. She has given a taste of this god-given ability in BvS, as seen in the Lex Mansion party as well as on the plane before she decides she's needed and is willing to return to the forefront of battle as the Amazonian princess. She didn't say a single word in the latter scene, but you can just feel how intense the struggle was for her to make this decision. For her solo film, let's take her expressions when Trevor (Pine), under the influence of the Lasso of Truth, forged by the God of Blacksmiths Hephaestus (known for forging almost all of Diana's armor actually), told about the sufferings of the Great War. I don't even know how to describe that. It's like you can feel her heart breaking right there and then. Since it's her film, she is able to do a lot more. One of the many ways she showed us what she's capable of as an actress is the scene after she killed Lundendorff, mistakenly thinking he was the God of War. When I said her voice doesn't command attention, I should have been clear and said it doesn't do that all that time, but she clearly showed she can. Her unwillingness to accept that humans can be so violent, so cruel, so unsympathetic, so evil, darts out of the screen and into our hearts. She never gave up. Even where everything points to a certain direction, she remains strong with her beliefs. That is why she's an icon. That is why she's a legend. Gadot has taken her presence to such great heights in the film, one of my favorite scenes (and possible the best scene) is the 'No Man's Land' scene. She didn't like a situation and she didn't like being told she can't help people who desperately needed her help knowing she can help, so she took it in her own hands. She showed she didn't need the support of anyone else, she has confidence in her ability to save these people. The moment she stepped out onto the battlefield, she exudes a presence like no other. She's not waiting for her friend's approval, or anyone's for that matter. She knows that this isn't about her - even though we, as an audience, know it clearly is. From to start to end of the scene, her led by example. She didn't ask for assistance. She knew that her friends and the soldiers are afraid and they should be, she didn't fault them for that, disappointed but she doesn't blame them for feeing this way - these are things you notice from the way Gadot expresses her lines. Diana is shown here as symbol, not of hope, but of inspiration. Rallying troops that don't even know her, to trust and support her, even without asking for help, without a single word, just by her presence and her actions. Now that's Wonder Woman.

So I don't see how you could have missed any of these in your analysis of the film. Instead, you chose to focus on the trivial and stereotypical; like Wonder Woman being the first female led superhero film since Elektra and the first female led DC superhero film since Supergirl way back in the 80s (Catwoman isn't exactly a superhero, she's a thief; good and bad, enough to earn the respect of Batman. But I have no idea what she was in the film). Yes it's big step for female characters but we all know this, it's been published almost everywhere and has been talked about countless times in all media outlets; it's almost impossible to miss it. The points about her being a "fish out of water" (could that phrase BE anymore dated), while true, added nothing to the review. We knew this coming from the very first comic con trailer. Furthermore, the insistence on propagating the feminist aspect of the movie is one that I feel need not be even mentioned, not because there isn't one or is something to ashamed to talk about, but because this is something people expected to be at the core of the film. The twist is that it isn't! (And I sense you agree with me on this from tone of those paragraphs, correct me if I'm wrong) The beautifully written script, one of biggest improvements from the previous films, manages to subvert any and all feminist impressions from taking center stage in any of the scenes; in my opinion of course. They are there, sure, but you don't leave the film feeling empowered because you are a woman - might be too presumptive here, but I don't anyone here is one (not that there is problem with it). You feel empowered (I did at the No Man's Land scene, even cried a little because I was so happy and proud) because she makes you feel you can believe in something that strongly. You do NOT have pander to people's opinions of you or what they think you should be. The world may not respect you, but you don't get their respect just by demanding it. You EARN it. She fought for what she believed in. She showed us what she's capable of, not for the gratitude or admiration, but because it's the right thing to do and she believes in doing it - a quality I'm disappointed and ashamed to say is lacking in this new generation, actually all generations in this age. She inspires.

I do want to say that I loved how you didn't throw shade at Synder despite your detest for his films, much respect there. That man gets way too much hate than he deserves, I don't think he deserves any actually - he's just a man making his dreams and all of ours come true. But I do want to address that Whedon taking over and finishing the film due to the unfortunate and deeply horrific incident within Snyder family (god bless them) does in no way and should in no way invoke any sense of extra faith or hope for this November's Justice League. The Whedon that's working on Justice League and his upcoming Batgirl film (for the DCEU) is not the same one artistically as the one that gave us the wonderful Avengers and its follow up, Age of Ultron. Whedon is one of the biggest comic book fans in the world, alongside Zack Synder and phenomenally talented Geoff johns. Whedon's move to DC isn't something anyone expected and it shows how much respect and confidence the studios (both WB and Marvel Studios) have to this man - work Feige even giving him blessing to do so. He will finish the film and respect Synder's vision just as Zack has shown him by trusting him to finish one of biggest movies ever and a project so close to Synder's heart given the passion he has effortless displayed for these icons of the comic book world. Just had to make that clear, in case any marvel wannabes or any general uninformed (fake) fans start using that as canon fodder against Synder and the DCEU.

Oh I did want to say that i disagree with analysis of the villain. I guess since Ares has been such a big part of the Wonder Woman mythology, I didn't need any prior developments. That monologue you claimed to be uninspired, I actually thought was brilliant because it references Ares' desire for Diana to be his successor as the God of War (which she does in the comics, read the New 52 series before heading into rebirth. Trust me it's worth it.) You mentioned that Diana was portrayed as having a "one track mind", idealistic and at times naive. That I agree with, and I think you should extend that to Ares as well. As omnipotent as Gods appear to be, they are often not multi-dimensional mentally - a quality you would notice in most shows/films with Gods in it, regardless of the origins of the mythology. Greek gods have been known to have a rather black-white mentality, Zeus especially. Maybe thinking from this perspective could help you appreciate the way they adapted Ares the way that I do. Just a suggestion. Speaking of the mythology, I loved how they reduced the entire presumably-complex Greek mythology into one about Love. Some call it cheesy and yes it kinda is. But it's the type of thing that is cheesy ONLY because we as humans have been so hesitant on believing in love in this new age where relationships aren't valued and the vows of marriage aren't as sacred as they once were. It really serves as reminder that we can get back to those days. Believing in love doesn't have to make us weak as the princess of themyscira has shown us. And for men, it doesn't make us any more feminine if we do. Never give up on love, as hopeless as or may seem. Sorry, I can't help it. I guess I'm kinda lowkey romantic.

Wow, terribly long post - I have to apologize, words flow incessantly when it comes to things I'm passionate about. I changed between "you" and "the writer" a few times in comment (more like essay... sorry again), but know that I'm referring to the writer of this review. And if it's you, I really respect that you took the time to write this and despite me having so many criticism on it and several differing opinions, I really do admire you posting it here and maybe even for future MCU and DCEU films too. But if this is just a copy and paste, I still appreciate you taking time to do it. Publicity is publicity right? Well I'm done with this, have a great week to anyone who read this entire comment, which I actually hope you didnt, but definitely appreciate if you do. Even I have to admit I went overboard with this one and if it came across as rude and insensitive in the earlier parts, I apologize. Typed this on my bed on my dysfunctional phone almost immediately when I got up. Hope you can understand that. Anyways, have an amazing week everyone. 

Show some fuxking respect. 

Guest Guest
On 6/5/2017 at 6:26 AM, Guest Amazons said:

rs_1024x759-170526075702-1024-gal-gadot-

I only see Adult Diapers leh....

I think the real wonder woman should not wear anything below the waist. In this modern age, she must present a totally liberated female. As she runs and jumps, the camera should zoom in to show how her pubic hair waves to her fans, like seaweed in blue waters.

Guest I Wonder Man~~~

Do you think it will be a hit if Wonder Woman is captivated  gang-raped by villains? Forced to suck and swallow daily until say the rescue team found her?

Guest Stiff
12 minutes ago, Guest I Wonder Man~~~ said:

Do you think it will be a hit if Wonder Woman is captivated  gang-raped by villains? Forced to suck and swallow daily until say the rescue team found her?

No, only if Steve Trevor is gang raped by the group of German soldiers.

On 07/06/2017 at 6:09 PM, axelrod said:

Looks like a really patriotic form fitting adult diaper.

Gees, its just a short review, not a spoiler prac crit paper of the movie. 

Didn't think it was super fantastic but definitely good and a much needed score for DC.

A freaking third wave feminist movie.... it was a good movie but there is too much focus on 'her' as a vagina... so we have to praise it more over male base show.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• 4 months later...
44 minutes ago, Guest ball said:

was thr aniting to c after e end credits?

hw abt current 'justice league' movie, got snippet to c after end credits? ani1 watched to comment?

thr got to ant credits - mit credit n nnader wan ate d rite end.

• Guest locked this topic