Male HQ

Jakarta ( Indonesia ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

Guest gMoh

On 4/9/2024 at 11:21 PM, Guest Traveller said:

Must try swimming pool plaza festival in south jakarta

And toilet in there u can try 

On 4/10/2024 at 12:51 PM, asiandude said:

Share your experience ;)

Just be cautious.

In such countries people tend to do a lot of advertising to pull you to the locations and pay the entrance fee but later nothing much is there.

Easier just to play the apps and get something.

On 4/10/2024 at 1:48 PM, durianking said:

heard the changing room is happening. some guys will stare at you from head to toe :)

and many guys wear skimpy swimwear ... 

This "I hear from someone"...

I bet many guys here booked the Pullman hotel in Jakarta just to find out that the jacuzzi, steam batch was empty with no action at all.

Unless you're exhibitionist but what do you get from showing off your body to a crowd of people who just look...

Most gyms from the bigger chains are surely better places to get a hot guy into your room. Check with your current gym membership if it extends to Indonesia and there you go...

This is my third day in Jakarta and I find LGBT life here mostly sad. The reason behind this is that there are not many gay cruise areas, bathhouses or gay massage centers. LGBT mostly rely on apps like Grindr.

Meeting via the grindr app is also not very safe, as many reviews mention security, theft, and even trouble by inviting people from the app to guest rooms.

Since I'm here I would love to try an Indonesian guy but unfortunately when I tried to search in Grindr I was able to find a Malaysian guy to play with instead of Indonesian guy.

Well, I'm still trying to find and hope to meet someone during my stay at the hotel facilities like sauna and steam room.

Allowing outsiders to return to the room would not be the first choice as safety always comes first and I can see security being slightly less safe in Jakarta. Even locals do not recommend walking alone on the road but recommend to take a grab rides.

I just met one for fun so far during my three days in Jakarta, but hope to meet some good Indonesians to hang out or even fun. 

27 minutes ago, imm_georgie said:

This is my third day in Jakarta and I find LGBT life here mostly sad. The reason behind this is that there are not many gay cruise areas, bathhouses or gay massage centers. LGBT mostly rely on apps like Grindr.

Meeting via the grindr app is also not very safe, as many reviews mention security, theft, and even trouble by inviting people from the app to guest rooms.

Since I'm here I would love to try an Indonesian guy but unfortunately when I tried to search in Grindr I was able to find a Malaysian guy to play with instead of Indonesian guy.

Well, I'm still trying to find and hope to meet someone during my stay at the hotel facilities like sauna and steam room.

Allowing outsiders to return to the room would not be the first choice as safety always comes first and I can see security being slightly less safe in Jakarta. Even locals do not recommend walking alone on the road but recommend to take a grab rides.

I just met one for fun so far during my three days in Jakarta, but hope to meet some good Indonesians to hang out or even fun. 

The police in Jakarta has been pressuring gay saunas with repeated riots until the last one closed down. 

The pressure from religious groups is also very high. 

Indonesia is maybe not Malaysia where the police are simply closing two eyes on what is going on in gay saunas and massage parlours.

Strangely, Indonesia doesn't criminalise gay sex but seems a bit more adverse to homosexuality. 

But open display of homosexual affection is not very common in Malaysia also. 

I never experienced any theft or security issues from Indonesian locals (and taking them to the room). The only issue you may face is that a guy from an app asks for money later on while during the chat he denied being a MB, but this happens everywhere in South East Asia / China ....

But surely, I wouldn't leave my laptop, Iphone, wallet etc openly on display around in the hotel room...

I never had any issue in a hotel in Indonesia to meet a guy or bring to the room. 

The point about taking a grab is that Indonesians don't like to walk. People will say it's too far to walk. Actually, in Malaysia they do the same...

I personally walk most of the time at any day or night time (alone) and never experienced any issue at all in any Indonesian city. 

Maybe you try to venture a bit more but leave your gadgets, Tag Heuer and LV crocodile leather bag at the hotel and dress down. 

As a Malaysian you should actually blend in well into Indonesia, even if you're Indian, it shouldn't be a problem as Jakarta also has an Indian community. 

Sorry to disappoint you on saunas or steam rooms. Nothing much will happen there as in the past hotel staff made police reports on locals they caught in sex acts in these locations. 

I can't take your scare on bringing a guy to your room but I find it extremely exaggerated. 

Further, you seem to paint every Indonesian guy as a criminal. 

If you can only trust your own nationals then eventually don't travel abroad. 

Probably, it is better if you stay in your home turf if you carry such a load of fear for your life and safety and have such negative emotions. 

I don't think your fears are much justified and my experience of Indonesia is very different. 

I find your attitude towards Indonesian guys unjust and surely your assumptions not matching reality. 

Nobody would expect Jakarta or Indonesia to be a gay eldorado like San Francisco or Stockholm... 

I assume your general overseas travelling experience is not very extensive...

Never try, never know. 

18 hours ago, singalion said:

The police in Jakarta has been pressuring gay saunas with repeated riots until the last one closed down. 

The pressure from religious groups is also very high. 

Indonesia is maybe not Malaysia where the police are simply closing two eyes on what is going on in gay saunas and massage parlours.

Strangely, Indonesia doesn't criminalise gay sex but seems a bit more adverse to homosexuality. 

But open display of homosexual affection is not very common in Malaysia also. 

I never experienced any theft or security issues from Indonesian locals (and taking them to the room). The only issue you may face is that a guy from an app asks for money later on while during the chat he denied being a MB, but this happens everywhere in South East Asia / China ....

But surely, I wouldn't leave my laptop, Iphone, wallet etc openly on display around in the hotel room...

I never had any issue in a hotel in Indonesia to meet a guy or bring to the room. 

The point about taking a grab is that Indonesians don't like to walk. People will say it's too far to walk. Actually, in Malaysia they do the same...

I personally walk most of the time at any day or night time (alone) and never experienced any issue at all in any Indonesian city. 

Maybe you try to venture a bit more but leave your gadgets, Tag Heuer and LV crocodile leather bag at the hotel and dress down. 

As a Malaysian you should actually blend in well into Indonesia, even if you're Indian, it shouldn't be a problem as Jakarta also has an Indian community. 

Sorry to disappoint you on saunas or steam rooms. Nothing much will happen there as in the past hotel staff made police reports on locals they caught in sex acts in these locations. 

I can't take your scare on bringing a guy to your room but I find it extremely exaggerated. 

Further, you seem to paint every Indonesian guy as a criminal. 

If you can only trust your own nationals then eventually don't travel abroad. 

Probably, it is better if you stay in your home turf if you carry such a load of fear for your life and safety and have such negative emotions. 

I don't think your fears are much justified and my experience of Indonesia is very different. 

I find your attitude towards Indonesian guys unjust and surely your assumptions not matching reality. 

Nobody would expect Jakarta or Indonesia to be a gay eldorado like San Francisco or Stockholm... 

I assume your general overseas travelling experience is not very extensive...

Never try, never know. 

Thank you for your feedback and comments. I appreciate it! I'd appreciate it if you read my post carefully, as I've said that "many" comments in BW think the security isn't that secure. I think you also misunderstood that I never thought of Indonesian the way as you said. I'm just saying I met a Malaysian guy to have fun. But based on your point of view, I can also say that your opinion about Malaysians is the same as what you said about me of Indonesians. I never said that. My posts are based on previous feedback and comments on the Jakarta Forum. Please read the forum in Jakarta, from the first page, "many" mentioned it, not me. I haven't fully explored Jakarta yet, please don't generalize my feedback. Anyway, everyone has different experiences and same goes for you about your experience in Malaysia. Therefore, everyone can give feedback freely here. If you find my post irrelevant, please scroll up and ignore. Thanks.

Also, don't generalise about people's attitudes, negativity, and how extensive people travel like what you said. Through a post, you can summarise and assume people's, I would say you are more sad and negative emotions. I am not Malaysian and you are assuming my nationality from your comment. From your profile, I can also tell that you are a typical Singaporean.

In my post, I am not talking about Indonesian, but about Grindr. There are many ethnicities in Grindr, so I didn't mention Indonesian. I said a lot of people commenting on Grindr are not safe, there are cases of theft, etc. Inviting people to a room from Grindr may not be safe. That’s all.

-End-

Edited by imm_georgie

On 4/21/2024 at 7:11 PM, imm_georgie said:

I'm in Jakarta, and I'm using the sauna at this moment at a 5 stars hotel but there seems to be no one here. Will be here for a week or two, looking for some fun.

I think millennium sirih hotel near tanah Abang would be a good choice for u. The sauna and jacuzzi in men’s locker room are cruisy with locals esp. weekends. But be smart abt it as it is still a very risky activity in Indonesia 

3 minutes ago, asiandude said:

I think millennium sirih hotel near tanah Abang would be a good choice for u. The sauna and jacuzzi in men’s locker room are cruisy with locals esp. weekends. But be smart abt it as it is still a very risky activity in Indonesia 

Thank you for the update and I do appreciate. Will check it out! 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.