Male HQ

Design Your Dream Gay Sauna

Mastiff

Let's say, you found financial backers who were willing to put up S$15 million to fund your dream of building a gay-oriented sauna/dungeon/adult playground.

They've assigned a person whose job is to sign cheques to all your suppliers. This woman cannot be bribed or charmed. She is smart enough to call for tenders, so you can't collaborate with suppliers to mark up prices. The main thing is that you can't run away with the money and disappear in BKK.

You have a lot of autonomy, but your job is to build a thriving business that people will want to visit. Not to squander or waste the money in a vanity project. Whether it is high-end for the elite crowd, or low-end for the mass market is up to you. You can choose to locate in Sentosa, or Teban Gardens.

So what kind of features are you going to include? What sort of theme rooms? Who will your target clients be? What shows are you going to import? What events will you throw? How are you going to get the buzz out on the best place for gays to have fun in Singapore?

You need to become profitable within 3 years, otherwise the investors will find you and break your legs. If you go bankrupt, we will be posting RIP messages on the BW Forum in your memory.

No pressure. Have fun. And design for your life!

Screenshot_20180206-165702~01~01.png

16 minutes ago, Mastiff said:

Let's say, you found financial backers who were willing to put up S$15 million to fund your dream of building a gay-oriented sauna/dungeon/adult playground.

They've assigned a person whose job is to sign cheques to all your suppliers. This woman cannot be bribed or charmed. She is smart enough to call for tenders, so you can't collaborate with suppliers to mark up prices. The main thing is that you can't run away with the money and disappear in BKK.

You have a lot of autonomy, but your job is to build a thriving business that people will want to visit. Not to squander or waste the money in a vanity project. Whether it is high-end for the elite crowd, or low-end for the mass market is up to you. You can choose to locate in Sentosa, or Teban Gardens.

So what kind of features are you going to include? What sort of theme rooms? Who will your target clients be? What shows are you going to import? What events will you throw? How are you going to get the buzz out on the best place for gays to have fun in Singapore?

You need to become profitable within 3 years, otherwise the investors will find you and break your legs. If you go bankrupt, we will be posting RIP messages on the BW Forum in your memory.

Why such creativity suddenly?  

9 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Why such creativity suddenly? 

Because I'm crowd sourcing your ideas, which I will steal, so as to prepare my own business plan.

As of this moment, my own miserable response is:

1. Build a castle

2. Hire the best security

3. Dare those leg-breaking "mofos" to take a step inside

Guest Sustaining revenue
34 minutes ago, Mastiff said:

I would incorporate more features to collect rental income too.

1)  A small restaurant, bar and canteen

2)  Souvenir/adult shops

3)  Adult movie theatre

4)  Event hall  (to host talks/seminars/party)

5)  Dark rooms with largest maze ever.

6)  Clinic

7)  Massage palour

8)  Gym cum yoga center (to be constructed with a good view facing the garden or the city)

9)  Health shops

10)  Motels (to cater for gay tourists on the budget)

11)  Gardens with koi pond and waterfall for relaxation

12)  Shared Mini office spaces (with all the necessary equipments) to give gay people a lift in starting small business.

13)  Office for social welfare organisations catered for LGBT  (this can be in the same building as the motels).  To save space, the ground floor can have item 1,2,6,7,9.  On the roof top of the building, can have addtional garden and at its peak, a large pinkdot figurine holding a giant rainbow flat fluttering in the wind.

14)  Information/reception counter.

15)  Special pass or memberships are required for safety reasons.

16)  Best location is near to town  junction where all the NSEW MRT meet with abundance tourists  (Newton, Chinatown, Raffles city,  or city hall...etc) and these places are quite near to hong lim park where pinkdot was held.   Sentosa is not an option due to high rental.

Sorry... but my idea of a gay sauna is a place to enjoy sex, not a building full of pools with various fluids, at temperatures that remove natural oils in my skin and can be contaminated with who-knows-what, and some staff that "work" by pounding on my poor body.  I think I would run away from your designed "sauna" as far as I can.

8 hours ago, Mastiff said:

Live off the bank interest, instead of screwing yourself over the return on investment.

@Mastiff The drawing is not a business plan at all. A sauna/bath house is still a business and you have 3 years to break even. What is your burn rate monthly? $15 million if it is going into land and property, etc. what is left for you to operate? How many gays are there in Singapore to keep you in business, assuming you capture 10% of the sauna going crowd. 

Sure it is fun to draw and sketch a space, but the reality of coming up with a business plan takes a lot more. You need to think of a financial model to project revenues etc marketing plan, maintenance, Shareholders' equity, wages... costs of doing business etc. :)

Love. 

28 minutes ago, doncoin said:

@Mastiff The drawing is not a business plan at all. A sauna/bath house is still a business and you have 3 years to break even. What is your burn rate monthly? $15 million if it is going into land and property, etc. what is left for you to operate? How many gays are there in Singapore to keep you in business, assuming you capture 10% of the sauna going crowd. 

Sure it is fun to draw and sketch a space, but the reality of coming up with a business plan takes a lot more. You need to think of a financial model to project revenues etc marketing plan, maintenance, Shareholders' equity, wages... costs of doing business etc. :)

A gay forum may not be a place to ask for business plans of gay saunas.  Instead, it should be able to provide ideas about the facilities, services, membership plans that would attract potential customers.  And a floor sketch says very little about the enjoyment customers may experience a the place,  unless they want to spend 100% of their time submerged in some pool.

Haha! Totally my fault. I just set this up badly - especially with that ridiculous back story, which imposed unnecessary constraints.

This was simply meant to be a fun, mental exercise on a slow day. But I think it came off as a boring homework assignment instead.

I was once told that we killed off the S League when the HDB started erecting "no ball games" sign boards in void decks.

Perhaps we are too pragmatic and rule bound as a nation to encourage dreamers. After all, isn't it safer to be an employee rather than an entrepreneur?

Yup, I'd hate to lose all my pretend money and get my virtual legs broken.

Ohhhh! What if I threw in a moisturising lube bath! Nah, it'd just clog up the pool filtration system.

:)

28 minutes ago, Mastiff said:

Haha! Totally my fault. I just set this up badly - especially with that ridiculous back story, which imposed unnecessary constraints.

This was simply meant to be a fun, mental exercise on a slow day. But I think it came off as a boring homework assignment instead.

:)

No fault at all!  With constraints or not, it is a fun mental exercise for all of us.

Guest You never know right?

You never know right.  Someday, it might just happen when the 5th Changi Terminal is completed with plentiful gay tourists coming from Russia, Indonesia, muslim countries, and Asia countries who came to know about Singapore famous "Gay Hub" and wanted to be part of the investors.   Do you not know there was "Gay amusement" park in kallang once upon a time in Singapore early years history?

Wow that will be a big (1 stop) playground for PLU.
Concept (combination):
Yunomori onsen (pool, steam room, sauna, cafe). Foam bath
+ Relaxy bathhouse villa deco, massage, body scrub, rain work therapy, foot bath, foot reflex...
+ nude yoga class, massage class
+ gymnasium, personal trainer (;
+ lounge (reclining chair), tv, reading, surfing area
+ waxing, facial room...

7 hours ago, doncoin said:

agree w DC

though I totally didn't get the idea of the 23 massage what????????? if it is a massage bed/corner kind of thing
It s really not feasible

Not all could afford yunomori onsen
to have real onsen quality waters, u need to import the minerals and the etc
This is sg
and it is not gonna be cheap

Unless we are saying cost aside

hence mastiff original idea of castle of a real sauna spa is way too palace-y to begin w , jade flooring lah, Korean saunas (no1 is blaming his fantasy, one is free to fantasize esp been visitg endlessly to so many ctries)
it looked more like a "Spa" rather than to inject horniness

@auri is at the point!
the above map is the first floor, 2nd floor is all the rooms and dark corner
-I was realy expecting that bed to do S/m (ref to jp 24KK as well as the old  1 7) or to take multiple loads
(@least one small corner)

-Public beds (Which all luv to exhibit for orgy) - nothing new I know, make it classy
-Up the service in using anti bac, anti bugs to clean up regularly (Cos I always hear complaints non-stop abt cleanliness ) -  one's core issue is not resolved , u can open a trillion investment for gay hub (what a low class name) or Pink hub in sg, it will collapse in no time due to bed bugs or termites
-role play room, this is hospital and clinic, that is another room for army trg ground, some of u can be doc and patients and some can be officers or teachers (Fantasies come true!)
MOE classroom: means Man of Erections! all report into this particular class, Teacher Gay-key shall made all of u stripped and spanked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is a concept (we r NO longer in the era selling something, we r in the era of selling a concept) - I qn my fren who went for tour, did they come back more learned or they come back hoping to envy what others have done and thkg of applying into Sg?u think it will work
What do u wanna it to be? how do u wanna it to b?  (it is time the title of this thread to be changed to Mastiff's dream spa services house instead)

- bathrooms (ie shower rooms) must come w peeping holes as well as same for some rooms , for those into voyeuristic

- Land of BangCOCKs : they are not renowned for nothing , pp spent efforts organising events w good emcee or facilitators , why we are not doing that ?
Focus more on the events or performances(yes they employed many)
it is time to reward the old and the chubs too, when any slutty Sauna establishment dare to quote tht tonite is Nite of chubs or Aniki/Elderly, the events MUST have shows or events really related to chubs having REAL funs , get their actors to fluff on them
I felt so sad for chubs or etc NOT having real fun on their event nites, NOT sure why is it called that particular nites when they r treated like dirts_

-the only consolation about Mastiff plan is a real gd sauna must provide one or two masseurs (by the way, those who patronised HERCULES* should know and many worldwide saunas)
or scrubbers (goodness me some of u hunger for some bathhouses' scrub in shenzen and china, goodness)

-just to list some (once the core is achieved then we think of expansion)

- from the experience of pp organising events having real good details (like those  I mentioned), I know whether r they really good at it (or is it pure empty talk or w/o substance)
Holding events could mean be it organisng co. events like marketing successful campaigns (anyone can easily hold tons of events in hotels but whether they consider the feelings of the participants is another thing , a real good event will have pp raving about it right after the event while confidentiality is kept)

nude yoga, all wiling to learn? many men hate the term yoga, they tend to associate yoga means flexi person

gays love to workout and there is ONLY one way the majority who is working out is working on ie gym equipments and machines ONLY
yoga cannot achieve their vanity

the yoga teacher will be sacked in no time
If whole day , he doesn't even have enugh students to sustain , unless he doesn't mind outsource to massage dept and multi other roles

Just by reading what I have typed I felt aroused and bye , goin to another disapptg sauna NOW

(BTW Absolute manage to hold some events in the past , but Last in first out so soon)\

Sg is holding her very own secret party, I trust u know what is coming (nothing related to sex or gays of course) but one shd be updated of big events in the world, it doesn't mean u have to spend every dollar and cents on each event

*: pls don't come PM me about Hercules it is closed down!

Guest Samuel 125 Seletar kun

I won t want it to be identify as a suana since it is a futuristic concept for new technology gay scene. As this gay suana had inked black patches in reputation for being too cheap for over a decade to two. Moreover, it seems like some are slowly or already winding down the business due to irregular requirements from patrons. Makes it harder to target on the main objective of what really suit the range for each individual. What these gay and bisexual really want and need in the suana. I want all to go robotic and cashless. A small little resort style located near to the end of east side where it is deserted and near to the airport. And that the lobby receptionist is make up of robot attendant with self check in kiosk. I will indent food vending machine with assorted cuisine and pastry. And lastly, not to miss out for thoes with no companion entitled to ken dolls for a nights out. All will ride shared bicycle and vehicle upon reaching the nearest train station. 

Guest Serious user
54 minutes ago, auri said:

The most important part of the sauna experience is the people.

You want customers who are horny, open minded, easy going, sexy!  Not people who just stand around clutching their family jewels....

In that case you only need a sauna with minimal facilities like those cruise boxes in Japan. Just release quick and go. Like the F&B trade, minimal facilities encourage fast turnover where the customers eat and go, and there's nothing to linger on and take up limited spaces.

That's why Keybox is cutting down their facilities(no spa pool, no dry sauna, no nice comfy lounge) so that few will hang around after sex during their revenue generating busy weekends. That will free up more lockers and they can keep prices lower than the competitions.

In high rents Singapore and Hong Kong, there's no room for luxurious saunas bc that will mean very high prices.

In Shenzhen, they used to have such luxurious spas that cater to mixed both straight and gays. But they are declining because of increasing rents and wages. In their heydays before the 2011, I can eat, sleep, have massage, have sex, have entertainment for days inside without going outside. Those 東北大漢are my favorite, so manly, skin so fair and they pamper me like an emperor for very little tips. But alas, nowadays the North East China is well developed and they get better paying jobs there so the good old days are over. But I knew it would happen and enjoyed it while I could. Such hedonistic palaces of pleasures will not happen anywhere else again.

客似云来。。还是 门可罗雀 。。

我是个挑剔的客人。。要便宜, 要交通方便, 要愿与人性交的帅哥多多, 要干净,要舒适的环境。。真是哪里找?

As a patron of gay joints both here and overseas, there is really no one size fits all solution.  Capital cost and operating cost are two main reasons why many failed in the past.  Even with pristine facilities, patrons are never a loyal bunch.    No matter what antics to entice them, they drift from one to another.  

What I wish ...more 30s to 50s white meat readily available in the joints..And less statues.. 

Guest Trending
1 hour ago, auri said:

The most important part of the sauna experience is the people.

You want customers who are horny, open minded, easy going, sexy!  Not people who just stand around clutching their family jewels....

The suana staff can offer guest BJ services if customer not satisfied and want refund?

a staff is to be respected

not to be offered as a sacrificial when there is a complaint in service

the CEO or the Managing director (70yr old) can come fwd to offer u a bj instead w  his toothless mouth

1 minute ago, Traveler3032 said:

It has to be clean. The lighting has to be good. The staff has to be friendly. But to maximise profits, it cannot be designed to only attract the young and beautiful. At the initial stage, I'd "hire" attractive guys as honey trap to get a bigger crowd. 

that will not sustain for long esp u said that it is not designed to attract for certain profiles

Lighting has to be dim and of certain colour (1 proposed red, I rem)
if it is a bright lighting , it shdnt be a gay sauna and all the spa establishments shd have lighting of cosy and good feel

(nt asking anyone to imitate this all time also gay popular establishment )

http://www.gspa.com.sg/facilities/

Guest IM stalker

I want to make it a point that the new generation of gay scene will be an overnight day tour. So that the activity will be well planned by the authority for a per day entertainment. It will be a break for making it a point to go just once in the blue moon for ex suana patronage. Thereafter a business will sustain by tourist coming in and out too. Of course, price range will be higher than those normal suana but not as expensive as a three stars hotel.

Guest Millenial Boy
3 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

that will not sustain for long esp u said that it is not designed to attract for certain profiles

Lighting has to be dim and of certain colour (1 proposed red, I rem)
if it is a bright lighting , it shdnt be a gay sauna and all the spa establishments shd have lighting of cosy and good feel

I bet to differ.  It should be a millenial kind of sauna with candle-light,  sweet smelling rose, beautiful music. instead of red-light,detergent-filled and loud metallic noise kind of environment.

4 minutes ago, Guest Millenial Boy said:

I bet to differ.  It should be a millenial kind of sauna with candle-light,  sweet smelling rose, beautiful music. instead of red-light,detergent-filled and loud metallic noise kind of environment.

millennial?

that sounded so straight w sweet smelling florals and LoMantick  music and tealight candles, so straight and so women-pref leh
I don't think that has to do w millennials rt?

I mean I don't mind the flowers and plants

there s a reason why loud music are played for a good reason

but rem 羊毛出在羊身上

THe Millenial boy , pls do a survey here

I think it is possible to create a really good sauna with great services and facilities. You just have to charge accordingly to break even, and somehow convince patrons that the entry price is worth it. If you are making it ultra luxurious etc. Surely the entry fee has to be more than $25. Not every patron will use every facility or feature you provide, nonetheless, you will still have to charge them for it, including extras like massage. For this fantasy sauna, how much do you intend to charge per entry? 

Love. 

For a $15m investment, per entry charge is lije what? $200? You cannot be serious abiut a $15m investment and charge like $20? Also a $15m investment needs alotbof manhours and manpower to upkeep. Have you even thought of manpower issues?

15m investment? better get 15 million dollar condo, half rented out for stable income and the rest can be set up as private sauna for different group, gays, lesbian, mix crowd, only by special invitations and recommendations, target market for celebrity, politician, big bosses and those discreet ones who cannot be seen in public sauna, once in a while provide fresh meat by flying in money boys and masseur from nearby cities and create theme night like massage night where the invited VIP get unlimited massage and happy ending :P

4 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

set up as private sauna for different group, gays, lesbian, mix crowd, only by special invitations and recommendations, target market for celebrity, politician, big bosses and those discreet ones who cannot be seen in public sauna

Omg! If a place like this exists in Singapore, sign me up already!

Edited by Mastiff

My genuine advice would actually do some research on what existing saunas have in Singapore. And then try to implement something that they don't have. That way it'll be something fresh and not repetitive like the other saunas basically. I'm assuming you already did all this, but it might not hurt to check it out from various members who are seasoned in going into saunas.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:21 PM, Guest Sustaining revenue said:

I would incorporate more features to collect rental income too.

1)  A small restaurant, bar and canteen

2)  Souvenir/adult shops

3)  Adult movie theatre

4)  Event hall  (to host talks/seminars/party)

5)  Dark rooms with largest maze ever.

6)  Clinic

7)  Massage palour

8)  Gym cum yoga center (to be constructed with a good view facing the garden or the city)

9)  Health shops

10)  Motels (to cater for gay tourists on the budget)

11)  Gardens with koi pond and waterfall for relaxation

12)  Shared Mini office spaces (with all the necessary equipments) to give gay people a lift in starting small business.

13)  Office for social welfare organisations catered for LGBT  (this can be in the same building as the motels).  To save space, the ground floor can have item 1,2,6,7,9.  On the roof top of the building, can have addtional garden and at its peak, a large pinkdot figurine holding a giant rainbow flat fluttering in the wind.

14)  Information/reception counter.

15)  Special pass or memberships are required for safety reasons.

16)  Best location is near to town  junction where all the NSEW MRT meet with abundance tourists  (Newton, Chinatown, Raffles city,  or city hall...etc) and these places are quite near to hong lim park where pinkdot was held.   Sentosa is not an option due to high rental.

include a polyclinic

I suppose it doesn't matter who on top when u have 2 CB unlike gay, 1 cock and 1 hole.........on the other hand, it seems that there is no demand for a lesbian sauna as they are more on "讲心" as compared to gay "讲性"....they can use finger or tools to poke each other but the feeling will be much less intense and shiok as compare to 1 cock fucking 1 hole :twisted:

One event that ever attracts me, and being a very common man I imagine that it also attracts others, is the nude foam party.  They used to exist in Raw Sauna, Absolute and lately in Cruise Sauna.   They exist today in KL and BKK, and they are successful.

My preference of foam parties are those that take place in an enclosed room where soapy water falls from the ceiling, like they had/have? at Kaikiku sauna in KL.  This is more fun than the huge chutes that spit a foam that raises so high that one is afraid to drown.  And the shower of soapy water is surely cheaper to build and operate, since any big shower room can serve for that.  In these parties everyone is naked and, hopefully, it gets so crowded that nobody can shy away.

Another idea I like to propose that occurred to me thinking about Cruise Sauna and its statues, has to do with the lighting.  In places of gay activity, lights could fluctuate periodically from barely enough to see... to near darkness (or total darkness, why not?)  Every couple of minutes there is light to see around, and then there is a period of darkness to let the patrons get rid of their inhibitions and follow their instincts. Transitions would be smooth to give them time to recover, if necessary.  :)

Edited by Steve5380

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

In places of gay activity, lights could fluctuate periodically from barely enough to see... to near darkness (or total darkness, why not?)  Every couple of minutes there is light to see around, and then there is a period of darkness to let the patrons get rid of their inhibitions and follow their instincts.

I really like this idea. As a visually stimulated person, I'd like to have a good look at whomever I intend to fuck. Well, at least an impression of their face.

I've never been to a sauna in SG. So I'm assuming that statues seek out spot lit areas, to better present their body in flattering lighting? Or are they posing in the dark?

Anyway, slowly moving lights would force them to chase the beams or shadows as they prefer. That sounds cool. Much better than the strobes, lasers, leds and mirror ball effects that can dazzle you and Rob you of your night vision.

5 hours ago, Mastiff said:

I really like this idea. As a visually stimulated person, I'd like to have a good look at whomever I intend to fuck. Well, at least an impression of their face.

I've never been to a sauna in SG. So I'm assuming that statues seek out spot lit areas, to better present their body in flattering lighting? Or are they posing in the dark?

Anyway, slowly moving lights would force them to chase the beams or shadows as they prefer. That sounds cool. Much better than the strobes, lasers, leds and mirror ball effects that can dazzle you and Rob you of your night vision.

Statues usually go under the spotlight to profile their well maintain body. It is like a showcase that you shouldn't touch.  Then there are those who hide under the cover of darkness who want anonymous sex. That is the usual sauna scene.

Don't read and response to guests' post

1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

Statues usually go under the spotlight to profile their well maintain body. It is like a showcase that you shouldn't touch.

How boring! No, i shouldn't be so quick to judge.

Not just anyone standing around is considered a statue, right? 

Of course you would want to present yourself in a flattering manner. But the eventual payoff has to be something more than simply being the recipient of remote adoration right?

Is there anyone here who is a self-confessed "statue"? What goes on in your head? What do you seek?

Share, please?

Guest SL  muscle bear

The momentum of suana is the same. Some free flow of beer assumption to make them drunk, which most still can walk soberly. So its hard to even raise a helping hand for the toxicated man. I still prefer suana to be romantic so that can have time to stay longer. Can kiss and hug.

• Guest locked this topic