Male HQ

What's your plan for your future?

Nerddev21

Hi guys. I just want to know what is your plan for the future? I know some of you will just say that we should just live in the moment but I really want to think about my future.

I am still 27 but I think it does not hurt if I think about now what should I do. 

We know that SG is not that ok yet when it comes to same-sex couples wanting to start a family. There are gays here that are ok hiding or not marrying their current partners. I am not saying that their decision is wrong.
But that is not what I want. I want to get married and have a family. I want my partner to receive a part of my insurance/properties whatever. I want us to be treated the same way as normal couples would be treated. So I am thinking of going to Australia, find my love there, get married and settle down.

What about you? Whats your plan? Do you plan to settle down with someone and build your own family? How do you plan to do that?

Interesting topic to discuss. I ended a long distance relationship not too long ago (last July) after trying to sustain it for three years. I realised that after all I've been through, the conclusion is to live for the present moment. I was happy to be in a relationship but I wasn't happy for myself. 

Sure, Singapore still has a long way to go in terms of being a liberal country and legalizing same-sex marriage but hey,  baby steps. It's already acknowledging Pink Dot as an event to bring people together, educating the society on why the need for marriage equality. Unfortunately, there are still some conservative people out there who thinks that legalizing same sex marriage equates to gay sex; they don't see the bigger picture. 

Of course ultimately, at some point, I'd like to settle down but for now, there's so much more to witness and experience life. There's always a reason why Steve Jobs quoted "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish" but of course whatever that we do in life we must be aware of the boundaries. 

• 3 weeks later...