Male HQ

Yoga

Kkklaus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Over the weekend, I managed to check out one of the smaller yoga boutique at the east. Small boutique with just 2 classrooms. 

One thing I really like is how everyone wipes the mat with the mat cleaning solution after use and place the mat back on the rack neatly after use. I am glad to see the Yoga center provides small piece of rag and cleaning solution for members to clean the mat. 

:thumb:

Guest Sport-coholic
7 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Over the weekend, I managed to check out one of the smaller yoga boutique at the east. Small boutique with just 2 classrooms. 

One thing I really like is how everyone wipes the mat with the mat cleaning solution after use and place the mat back on the rack neatly after use. I am glad to see the Yoga center provides small piece of rag and cleaning solution for members to clean the mat. 

:thumb:

FF has too but most users don't use. :D

5 hours ago, kratos said:

I’m looking to try out yoga and have a fitness first membership. Is the yoga lesson over there easy to follow as a beginner? 

I'm quite rigid and looking for see if these exercises can help loosen me up.

Here's what I'll recommend:

1) Yvonne Seow Yin Yoga every Thursday, 6.30 PM at ORQ

2) Soo Yoga Therapy every Friday, 7.40 PM at 100AM

3) Albert Hatha Yoga every Saturday, 4 PM at Fusionopolis

4) Alison Hatha Yoga every Wednesday, 9 PM at OGS

5) Caroline Dynamic Flow Yoga every Tuesday, 7.50 PM at Market St

6) Regina Hot Flow Yoga every Saturday, 11.05 AM at Fusion

7) Albert Restorative Yoga every Saturday, 5.15 PM at Fusionopolis 

8) Amanda Koh Restorative Yoga every Saturday, 4.50 PM at OGS (my favourite by far; Amanda will spread some essential oil onto your wrist and she focuses a lot on Myofascial release) 

9) Any Gentle Flow Yoga classes

Yin and Restorative are purely passive practice, means you don't apply any effort or warm up your body to do so. 

Although Soo's Yoga Therapy is not really a therapy haha (it's more of active stretches) 

From here, have a regular and consistent practice (at least twice a week) and then slowly progress to those more challenging classes. Remember this (lessons I've learned from my YTT):

1) Drop the ego. The ego dominates our mind. In Yoga, it is important to let go of ego to have a fulfilling practice. If you can't do certain asanas just keep on practicing. 

2) Go slowly, listen to your body and don't be competitive. Yoga is not a competition. 

3) Don't forget to breathe. We need prana (vital energy) to function, and when performing asanas. 

Enjoy! 

Edited by neuwave

Guest Sport-coholic
14 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Probably Ff has someone to clean the room and arrange the mat and also sleazing the surface after each lesson ends? 

I'm not sure if they even do that after the last lesson daily. :mellow:

12 hours ago, kratos said:

I’m looking to try out yoga and have a fitness first membership. Is the yoga lesson over there easy to follow as a beginner? 

I'm quite rigid and looking for see if these exercises can help loosen me up.

Start with hatha yoga or gentle flow yoga. Stick to same instructor if possible if you find his/her teaching style to your preference. The instructor knows where my tight areas are after attending her class long enough and knows I have difficulties for some of the poses.

Edited by Sport-coholic

2 hours ago, neuwave said:

8) Amanda Koh Restorative Yoga every Saturday, 4.50 PM at OGS (my favourite by far; Amanda will spread some essential oil onto your wrist and she focuses a lot on Myofascial release) 

Yin and Restorative are purely passive practice, means you don't apply any effort or warm up your body to do so. 

Although Soo's Yoga Therapy is not really a therapy haha (it's more of active stretches) 

From here, have a regular and consistent practice (at least twice a week) and then slowly progress to those more challenging classes. Remember this (lessons I've learned from my YTT):

1) Drop the ego. The ego dominates our mind. In Yoga, it is important to let go of ego to have a fulfilling practice. If you can't do certain asanas just keep on practicing. 

2) Go slowly, listen to your body and don't be competitive. Yoga is not a competition. 

3) Don't forget to breathe. We need prana (vital energy) to function, and when performing asanas. 

Enjoy! 

Wow, really thanks for such a detailed write up. Will definitely check out a few of those classes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Sport-coholic
5 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

That’s less than a punch of salt. :lol:

Linking zodiac with yoga?! :doh:

Anyway, Happy Belated Yoga Day! Namaste. 

The yoga that was recommended for my zodiac sign is one that I'll never do in Singapore. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, robin said:

Same here, having been wanting to start  yoga but did not know what to expect

Go with an open mind and be willing to step out of your own comfort zone. Listen to you own body and do no compare with the rest in the class. Have patient.... lots of patient with your own body. 

Last but not least, check that the class is suitable for beginners. :)

Hope that you will enjoy your new endeavour. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 9:11 PM, 5eparator said:

Anyone knows where to find men yoga socks? Tried decathlon but they stop producing large sizes and can't seem to find on zalora too. 

Why do you need Yoga socks?

Anyway, have you tried lululemon? They might have if you purchase online through the US store.

On 4/11/2018 at 3:28 PM, bluerunner said:

Ah glad to find a new yoga thread here. 

Been practicing more seriously  after a long hiatus. Slowly but surely. :P

i noticed one some weeks, Priyan’s program for beginners and essential classes are pretty challenging. Can all the student cope? Just curious. :huh:

Though the theme might seem difficult, the instructors there work on the basic to work towards the theme. The focus is not on the peak pose but rather how you go into it safely. Also, the studio focuses a lot on the mindfuulness aspect of Yoga, Being mindful of every move and breathe.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:59 PM, Kkklaus said:

I have never tried Yoga before I took his classes. I would say i am slightly more flexible than most guys but yea I did struggle during my first lesson :) still I find myself more flexible after every lesson 

It is never about the pose but the alignment. There is always options for people less flexible (like myself) 😁Do you still go there? Cya there if you do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 2:04 PM, rowers said:

Any ashtanga yoga practitioner here? 

ya. but i do it at pure. there are a few other places in sg that do ashtanga.  (shiva. the yogashala, trium yoga , trust yoga, art of yoga, hom yoga, tirisula, yoga bar, avante, flow space, )

maybe some gyms too.

your mileage will vary though. cos some as far as i know are very lax with the vinyasa count or ignore it completely for the led classes.

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, carlosdiaz292 said:

Guys a question, do you think is better yoga than gym? because we know pxxn documentary bodys are really incredible and who don't want it? but which type of exercises to get it is better? Hard question eh

Bruh, depends on your goal. What would you like to achieve? 

On 5/28/2019 at 5:04 AM, neuwave said:

😎 Amanda Koh Restorative Yoga every Saturday, 4.50 PM at OGS (my favourite by far; Amanda will spread some essential oil onto your wrist and she focuses a lot on Myofascial release) 

Enjoy! 

I stan Ryan. W Yoga Class :D

9 hours ago, Linguine said:

haha my friend said his class is so intense that he can’t breathe 

If can follow the class and can do about 80% of the poses there, then still ok. 
I know of someone who loves to do for Advanced class but cannot cope with majority of the poses. Personally, I don’t feel that’s beneficial and meaningful. 

3 hours ago, bluerunner said:

If can follow the class and can do about 80% of the poses there, then still ok. 
I know of someone who loves to do for Advanced class but cannot cope with majority of the poses. Personally, I don’t feel that’s beneficial and meaningful. 

Haha my friend loves his class. He is quite an experience Yogi. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.